TwoHeavens

Aug 26, 2020
Paypal said lolnope to anything not vanilla, Patreon said lolnope to anything not vanilla cause of that. Devs must comply or get shafted. Substar is only credit cards (who don't care), so madlads go there. Dumping Patreon for Substar would remove a huge chunk of people from donating (cause not every1 uses credit card for lewds)
Yeah, I understand they would lose money at first but eventually it would go back to normal and it would be worth it in the end for devs to have artistic freedom over their own games. Look at the dev Selebus for example, he moved completely over to SS after being fucked with by patreon and is already back to making nearly 10k a month and he hadn't even posted anything for months because he was remaking the the intro of his game and uncensoring it. Switching to subscribestar is a completely viable option, devs are just too greedy/scared to move because they don't want to make less money for a couple of months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny90H30

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Yeah, I understand they would lose money at first but eventually it would go back to normal and it would be worth it in the end for devs to have artistic freedom over their own games. Look at the dev Selebus for example, he moved completely over to SS after being fucked with by patreon and is already back to making nearly 10k a month and he hadn't even posted anything for months because he was remaking the the intro of his game and uncensoring it. Switching to SS is a completely viable option, devs are just to greedy/scared to move because they don't want to make less money for a couple of months.
It's interesting how you describe developers as being too greedy/scared to lose their ability to pay bills and put food on the table at the same time you are wanting them to put your own desires/interests over their livelihood and that of their staff.

Also, There is a huge difference between 1,000 subscribers (Selebus) and 30,000 (Dark Cookie). That 1,000 is still over 700 less than when Selebus was on Patreon. And Selebus is still almost $1,600 away from their goal of $10,000. That's not "already" or "nearly" - there's still a ways to go. Selebus has been on Subscribestar for 2 years, of which, 8 months of not being on Patreon. That's more than "a couple of months" of sacrifice which was at Patreon's initiative, not Selebus'.

Reactions: chociar666

TwoHeavens

Aug 26, 2020
It's interesting how you describe developers as being too greedy/scared to lose their ability to pay bills and put food on the table at the same time you are wanting them to put your own desires/interests over their livelihood and that of their staff.

Also, There is a huge difference between 1,000 subscribers (Selebus) and 30,000 (Dark Cookie). That 1,000 is still over 700 less than when Selebus was on Patreon. And Selebus is still almost $1,600 away from their goal of $10,000. That's not "already" or "nearly" - there's still a ways to go. Selebus has been on Subscribestar for 2 years, of which, 8 months of not being on Patreon. That's more than "a couple of months" of sacrifice which was at Patreon's initiative, not Selebus'.
His SS was basically a ghost town before patreon started fucking with him and when his patreon was actually deleted hundreds of his supporters, including me instantly switched to his SS and now that hes posting regularly again it will just keep growing. Also do you really think if patreon suddenly deleted darkcookies account he would "lose the ability to pay bills and put food on the table" and just stop making his game? No, hed move to a SS and start over and would probably recover pretty quickly considering how popular he and his game are. So imagine if he actually prepared for a migration, he would be fine and his game would be better for it. But its easier to just say on patreon and bend to their rules.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
His SS was basically a ghost town before patreon started fucking with him and when his patreon was actually deleted hundreds of his supporters, including me instantly switched to his SS and now that hes posting regularly again it will just keep growing. Also do you really think if patreon suddenly deleted darkcookies account he would "lose the ability to pay bills and put food on the table" and just stop making his game? No, hed move to a SS and start over and would probably recover pretty quickly considering how popular he and his game are. So imagine if he actually prepared for a migration, he would be fine and his game would be better for it. But its easier to just say on patreon and bend to their rules.
"his game would be better for it" - in your opinion

Your argument is framed with the perspective that is based upon the content YOU want to see in HIS game. And you want HIM to make this change so that YOU can be happy. So, instead of having him bend to PATREON's rules... you would want him to bend to YOUR rules.

And again, you are calling the developer greedy for wanting to remain on a successful platform when, in reality, you are the one being greedy in expecting the developer to make changes you want to see to make your life less miserable.

Reactions: srksrk 68

TwoHeavens

Aug 26, 2020
"his game would be better for it" - in your opinion

Your argument is framed with the perspective that is based upon the content YOU want to see in HIS game. And you want HIM to make this change so that YOU can be happy. So, instead of having him bend to PATREON's rules... you would want him to bend to YOUR rules.

And again, you are calling the developer greedy for wanting to remain on a successful platform when, in reality, you are the one being greedy in expecting the developer to make changes you want to see to make your life less miserable.
Nice deflection but my point still stands. I dont expect anyone to switch platforms Im just saying they could if they truly wanted their game to be the way they intended it to be which I think would obviously make their game better, iN mY oPiNioN.

Reactions: Johnny90H30

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Expecting another off-topic server nuke in the coming minutes ...... And then DC had ~5 years to move away if he really cared about wincest (only thing they had to change post nerf)

Brommi

Jun 4, 2017
i started playing the game again after more than a year and still - roxxies questline is the best

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
He fixed the order for Eve-Helen and Kassie-Katya-Khadne, but left Cassie after Yumi. :LOL:

Apparently Betty White has a name that falls between Diane and Eve.
That's because her name is not Cassie anymore.
They have changed her somewhat from what I can remember (I think she's supposed to be Australian now?).
Apparently they decided that her name is now Zoe/Zoey (one of those forms, can't recall which one) so it's quite clear why she's placed last on the list.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
That's because her name is not Cassie anymore.
They have changed her somewhat from what I can remember (I think she's supposed to be Australian now?).
Apparently they decided that her name is now Zoe/Zoey (one of those forms, can't recall which one) so it's quite clear why she's placed last on the list.
Perhaps to avoid confusion with Kassy? If that's the case, he renamed the wrong character.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
when the update finaly release ?
Pre-tech 5? Soon™
Tech Update? In a while
Update with Annie's content? Too soon to tell
So I haven't played this game in like 30 years, does the game have any "endings" yet?
The main story about the father's death was finished in v0.20.9 at the end of March 2021. From the :
"A lot of content has still to be made and the game is very open ended. Once the development team finish all the student stories and the main quests, they will start focusing on polishing."

Reactions: anon241
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes