Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Obvious and spoiler = trap options
That doesn't make it a huge update. Especially not with three pregnancies confirmed and if the new goth girl and Eve's sister are amongst them then the third ought to be Eve I presume.
EDIT: Ah sorry, jumped the gun and didn't see the options part. Yeah that makes it huge.
But I wonder what DC's personal canon will be?

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Eve is optionally a trap maybe? Would require double the content for Eve: girl version, and girl (male) version
Makes the most sense, and I can't think of anything that's a more obvious factor in size while still being a spoiler.

edit: I wonder if the STEve joke had a factor in things...

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
hmm.....and put more time to finish the game with that trap option...i dont think so..this game barely have updates in a years now..I ignore this thread and focus on the other games since November 2018..barely go here since DC took to much time making new update..i dont think i will play even if it come out...

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
That doesn't make it a huge update. Especially not with three pregnancies confirmed and if the new goth girl and Eve's sister are amongst them then the third ought to be Eve I presume.
Well, it could very well mean story variations, scene variations and/or even different scenes altogether. Like 50% more scenes to be made, to say something.

I wish it's not this, just because I'm not into traps. But it would kind of make sense if it's this. What else could it be that it's obvious and make the update huge? I don't think pregnancy for 3 characters makes it that huge, considering it's just a few dialog events.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Well, it could very well mean story variations, scene variations and/or even different scenes altogether. Like 50% more scenes to be made, to say something.

I wish it's not this, just because I'm not into traps. But it would kind of make sense if it's this. What else could it be that it's obvious and make the update huge? I don't think pregnancy for 3 characters makes it that huge, considering it's just a few dialog events.
well,at least they will give us a choice about the trap or not trap in the game,i dont feel like i should be obliged to bite that apple,even if Eve looked as sweet as ever...i just feel they shouldnt reduce her story just becuz they only thought in the expanded trap content...

Reactions: Laziness

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017

Yeah I jumped the gun in my last reply. Doing essentially two versions of her story explains why it's the 'biggest update yet', I just wonder how it would be incorporated, a choice during her story feels jarring in concept. Or are we talking two versions of the game?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I just wonder how it would be incorporated, a choice during her story feels jarring in concept. Or are we talking two versions of the game?
I'd actually guess that we may even get a menu option (maybe along with the choice to enable cheat mode or not) to enable/disable "homosexual content". That would give away the surprise right away but it would help for Kevin's content as well, just in case DC changes his mind. Else I'd say it'll be some kind of early on choice for MC, after which you'll either get one or the other story. I mean, Eve's story would likely be the same to for more than 50% and there'd be simply two "final" arcs. A female one including pregnancy and all the usualy sexy stuff and one trans arc which deals with everthing that's related to it.

At least it looks like there'll be quite a bit of tention until the update actually drops and I doubt the hints will get any less. I mean, it's still perfectly possible that she's not the trap after all and we won't know until it's out.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I'd actually guess that we may even get a menu option (maybe along with the choice to enable cheat mode or not) to enable/disable "homosexual content". That would give away the surprise right away but it would help for Kevin's content as well, just in case DC changes his mind. Else I'd say it'll be some kind of early on choice for MC, after which you'll either get one or the other story. I mean, Eve's story would likely be the same to for more than 50% and there'd be simply two "final" arcs. A female one including pregnancy and all the usualy sexy stuff and one trans arc which deals with everthing that's related to it.

At least it looks like there'll be quite a bit of tention until the update actually drops and I doubt the hints will get any less. I mean, it's still perfectly possible that she's not the trap after all and we won't know until it's out.
Oh I like the main menu idea.

Also first and formost I hope Eve's story leans more on the romance side of things since she seems to be a nice person overall

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
I'd say expect 0.18 and 0.18.5 to be out and done by end of June at the latest. The earliest I'd expect it assuming they really are done with everything but the coding and bug testing is the 27th.

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
This doesn't work for this game. On other Ren'Py games it did work fine, but not for sumertime saga. I even donwloaded a options.rpy into the game-Folder, but shift-O still doesn't open the console in this game.

UPDATE: I tried an older Version of this game (V0.14.51) and console does work there.
They changed this on purpose, you need to follow these steps:

kimjongew

Nov 25, 2017
To be fair, Mia only had a ~50 day update back then and was always meant to get another one for herself. Even if one excludes pregnancies etc. Eve's update will certainly have double the amount of time invested and thus certainly get more story/content.

Btw., right out of Discord on the topic of Eve's update:
Yes, but last I heard of Mia's second update, it was phrased in a way that put her character to the wayside again.

Furthermore, double the amount of time invested doesn't help anything when it's split between two other girls and then the potential "trap" thing which is going to take a deal of time for writing, dialogue, art, posing, etc.

Now if it was just the sister and Eve without the whole trap thing it'd be far less of an issue IMO.

For instance, while Roxxy's update had other girls, it was primarily just her. That's how I would think an update revolving around a character should be.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
For instance, while Roxxy's update had other girls, it was primarily just her. That's how I would think an update revolving around a character should be.
But that's how it's meant to be? It's not like Grace and even less Odette are going to their own story. It'll likely be one scene each (possibly a threesome with Grace, depending on how DC want's to do it) and that's it. Pregnancy will be included for everybody from now on, so that's a given anyway.

As for Mia I'd argue that DC always planned to have Helen's story more or less finished as it is now. Mia was supposed to get her second update, including the dating system, pretty quickly afterwards, though that never happened. Roxxy's update is basically the standard as to the amount of content each schoolgirl will get and we may expect everybody to broadly reach that level in the end.

420blazeit

Jul 2, 2017
That update on 0.19

''It will be the biggest update so far in Summertime Saga's development, with varied story options, lots of content/new locations and multiple girl pregnancies.''

Why do they have to make every update bigger and bigger... After 3 years each update will take 1 whole year I think. I like Eve, but come on. Also if you have to wait for a long time for a single update focused on 1 character. Make the poll open for like a week, seems fair when they are working on it for like 6 months. What it probably will be.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
That update on 0.19

''It will be the biggest update so far in Summertime Saga's development, with varied story options, lots of content/new locations and multiple girl pregnancies.''

Why do they have to make every update bigger and bigger... After 3 years each update will take 1 whole year I think. I like Eve, but come on. Also if you have to wait for a long time for a single update focused on 1 character. Make the poll open for like a week, seems fair when they are working on it for like 6 months. What it probably will be.
Yea at some point DC will either have to find someone to help him with the art or make the updates smaller. If the updates start to take more than 6 months to finish I can see patrons starting to cancel their pledges. But if he can keep the 4-5 months of development for each update, I think the majority of patron won't mind.

troybecks

Jan 9, 2018
That update on 0.19

You need to read this in this way "You are not going to get any update this year."

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes