Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
The plan was to split the main story in 2 parts 0.20 and 0.20.5. But DC after releasing 0.20 said that he would split the 0.20.5 update into 2 parts. But now I think he will just release 0.20.5 in just one update. This whole thing has been very confusing. I just want the main story to be done so we can go back to the good stuff.
Hey now, the main story gave us Maria. If that's not the "good stuff" then I don't think Summertime Saga has any good stuff.

Reactions: SPACE_BOOOOOST

IZenithI

Apr 19, 2020
Seems like things are starting to speed up. It's at 62%.
Yh I just saw that - sploosh must be finishing up writing. If I remember correctly, this should be a massive update right? When he mentioned splitting 0.20.5 into 2 parts, he said each part would have 4 h-scenes.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Oh I love Maria, Tina is really hot too, but I don't really care about the Rump family that much.
Yeah, I could do without the Trump analogues. I would post my actual opinion on the subject of how even parodying them like this is detrimental, but that kind of talk would probably upset a mod.

D

Deleted member 2552672

Yeah, I could do without the Trump analogues. I would post my actual opinion on the subject of how even parodying them like this is detrimental, but that kind of talk would probably upset a mod.
How is that detrimental?

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
DC never gives dates for the updates. He just releases them when they are ready. The progress tracker is still at 62% so I would say it will take at least 1 more month.

Bababoooey

May 4, 2017
I mean it's not really just one update per year but whatever.
How is it not, v20 and v20.5, didnt it use to be like the .5 version was released 1 month after the original release, now it's been 2 and a half months and they're halfway done. Look i don't support the creator so i dont care how long it takes, but people that do should, because it seems they're getting ripped off

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
How is it not, v20 and v20.5, didnt it use to be like the .5 version was released 1 month after the original release, now it's been 2 and a half months and they're halfway done. Look i don't support the creator so i dont care how long it takes, but people that do should, because it seems they're getting ripped off
0.20.5 will feature 4 characters and they will all have sex scenes. It will be as big as a regular update.

Bababoooey

May 4, 2017
0.20.5 will feature 4 characters and they will all have sex scenes. It will be as big as a regular update.
So because what should have been a mini update turned into a bigger one (that's gonna take 4-5 months to complete) you're ok with it? His fans didnt even vote for this, pretty sure they'd like the black sports chick to be updated (as voted) as quick as possible. Again if you support him and you like what he's doing, fine, it just seems as if he's just milking his fans, since he could easily get a bigger team to do things quicker.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
People have been ripped off for the last ~4 years and the numbers never go down. Either people are really dumb and like to get shafted, or there's actually no shafting altogether

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
So because what should have been a mini update turned into a bigger one (that's gonna take 4-5 months to complete) you're ok with it? His fans didnt even vote for this, pretty sure they'd like the black sports chick to be updated (as voted) as quick as possible.
I mean, most people will probably look at the actual content and not at the number of updates. I'd totally agree that he should have split the main story into 3 or even 4 updates, given that each update helps a lot in terms of popularity, free advertisements, etc., but it's not like that's going to influence the amount of total content.

Else I'm not sure why one would assume that those who aren't happy with what DC is doing would actually continue to pay. I for example didn't like what happened in the last months and canceled my, anyway just symbolic, pledge for now. I'll play the next update, see how the Ronda stuff is going and possibly repledge after that, if it's as good as one would expect it to be. It takes a few clicks and 5 seconds.

If people care so little about their money that they can't make these very minor adjustments, it's indeed mainly their fault.

Again if you support him and you like what he's doing, fine, it just seems as if he's just milking his fans, since he could easily get a bigger team to do things quicker.
Well, the team is at the current size for years now and there's no indication that it would grow. So it's not like DC is asking for more money to hire more people.

I personally don't think it's on patrons to force DC into growing his team to a level he isn't comfortable with. Those who think they don't get enough for their money should just stop pledging and play for free until they feel it's worth some money again. DC, unlike most other devs, totally gives you that option.

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes