thhawk1

Apr 25, 2017
I Wish you guys would stop calling it a update it is a reboot nothing more. He striped everyone and just gave us two people that make no sense because he deleted a major character the aunt or landlady sister and broke the game.

Reactions: Jarul

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
I Wish you guys would stop calling it a update it is a reboot nothing more. He striped everyone and just gave us two people that make no sense because he deleted a major character the aunt or landlady sister and broke the game.
He removed the aunt ?! Probably to wipe any trace of incest. He will remove Eric's mom for sure then.He wont risk any problems with Patreon now that he is gearing for years and years of milking his supporters. And i don't see how the incest patch will be able to fix things , because it only changes dialog , not restoring whole portions of the game . Guess the promises of restoring the incest content once the game is "completed" were all lies.

Reactions: Jarul

Sep 16, 2017
8 years of developing this game to finally undo all the progression and development they made, it's now full of bugs, there's no audio, and story progression is locked etc...

Whoever the DEVs are, they need to be attached to one of NASA's rockets and be launched into the space.

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
I like this moment of silence... when after years of milking everything is revealed and all people who defended the DEV for years see the scam so clearly they cannot deny it any more :) It always so pleasing, the moment (regardless of game) when white-knights just finally shut up because at this point even they cannot defend the milking any more... so calm :)

MisterMeh

Nov 3, 2020
He removed the aunt ?! Probably to wipe any trace of incest. He will remove Eric's mom for sure then.He wont risk any problems with Patreon now that he is gearing for years and years of milking his supporters. And i don't see how the incest patch will be able to fix things , because it only changes dialog , not restoring whole portions of the game . Guess the promises of restoring the incest content once the game is "completed" were all lies.
Nothing was actually removed from the game, file wise, they're just locked for this release.

Because they're taking too long a time to get things up to speed, this release was put out as a test to show the widescreen feature, as well as the new locations. There were also a few small updates to both the Jenny and Debbie characters for people to play with.

Most probably won't bother unpacking and browsing the game files, but the entire game, plus all of the characters, save for a few, are still there, just not accessible. Characters like Ms. Dewitt aren't in the files at all for example, even though she had updated art already. And the ones that are still there like Ms. Okita, aren't represented in the files with any new art, even though work has already been done on her. There's even a new character in the files that hasn't been seen to date.

I'm also not going to pretend I understand why, but the number of file folders has expanded tremendously for almost everything. Each character now has numerous files that have divided out every single detail about them, which if actually required for this tech update, is imo, a good indication as to why it's taking so long.

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
Nothing was actually removed from the game, file wise, they're just locked for this release.

Because they're taking too long a time to get things up to speed, this release was put out as a test to show the widescreen feature, as well as the new locations. There were also a few small updates to both the Jenny and Debbie characters for people to play with.

Most probably won't bother unpacking and browsing the game files, but the entire game, plus all of the characters, save for a few, are still there, just not accessible. Characters like Ms. Dewitt aren't in the files at all for example, even though she had updated art already. And the ones that are still there like Ms. Okita, aren't represented in the files with any new art, even though work has already been done on her. There's even a new character in the files that hasn't been seen to date.

I'm also not going to pretend I understand why, but the number of file folders has expanded tremendously for almost everything. Each character now has numerous files that have divided out every single detail about them, which if actually required for this tech update, is imo, a good indication as to why it's taking so long.

Regardless, the content isn't accessible, "the files are there bro they didn't reduce content just locked it bro it'll be back bro"
ok how long do we have to wait to re-access content that's been in game for years now? Literally came back to this game after 3 years of ignoring it to find that the clowns have basically gone back on most of the progress the game's made. You have access to two girls, the "mom" and "sister" and eventually they'll add the "aunt" back but who knows how long that will be.

I swear the Hgame scene is so cursed, either it's corporate created CG Scene "games", Candy crush with R34 images, or the shekle keklers like Cookieman, SR7, Magicnut, and team nimbus who do the absolute minimum because they did a solid year of work then decided to see how low they could put the bar while making excuses.

Reactions: kalodos and bogodit

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I finally found some time to play today, but I guess I'll stop now that the 1st minigame in Jenny's story is missing. I really don't want to replay that specific part of the game again.

Looking at what's there right now, it's basically the demo some people wanted to see. Given that close to nobody on the last 100 pages seems to be talking about the actual game/update, the public perception over here seems to be as expected. Then again, it certainly helped DC's numbers, given that he'll likely come close to beat his all time patron record at the end of the month.

As to what's good and bad about the update?
The new code seems to work (it's really quick and smooth) and the first day including these new character introductions really is an improvement. It makes you want to play their stories and I'm looking forward to see the other ones:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
People who'll discover the game in the future will certainly have a blast playing it.

As for the bad?
The fact that they still use old Debbie art, even when the same sprite exists in new art (like Debbie holding her coffee mug) is kind of annoying. Sure, it makes clear which parts will be reworked/changed, but for the sake of the update, they really should have removed that.

And it's of course the fact, that none of these pre releases are really worth playing for those who already know the game. Sure, it's great to see the new backgrounds and stuff, but I'd rather wait to get the full update for now. Without the other characters and without the sound, there's really something missing.

Last edited:

Nabebebe

Feb 7, 2023
See below.
The minigames which are used to increase stats and for the MC to earn money haven't been released as part of the tech update - as such, you cannot play in normal mode, otherwise you would never be able to progress either Jenny or Debbie's storylines because of purchases needed and certain stats to trigger events.

As such, the current version is only available in cheat mode with all stats at full, $10,000 in cash, and appr $1 million in the bank. Also see my 101st FAQ at 80,624.
Is this failure content important? Never tried the game before and I dont think I will be happy to replay it if it is

Reactions: FreelancerFL
4.10 star(s) 354 Votes