lewisCyfer16

Aug 17, 2020
I have to ask everybody did this so called update piss you off or break your heart I'm little bit both
I mean, converting all the existing imaged for the scenes to the new build is def a feat. So that is something.

On the other hand, 2 years is a pretty questionable time to get all that money and essentially not at least staff up or use an offshore team.

Still, it is DCs project and he/they will run it how they want. If it is just one guy converting all the images, i can see how difficult and long that could be. If it were me, i would pay an offshore team to QA and convert the drawings (or even leverage AI to create the stills). Technology should enable more efficient development not bloat.

A bit of heart break knowing this is still going to be ~2 yrs away to complete. but a bit of light seeing the fan art thread knowing what could be in the future.

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
The scenes aren't smooth like the old version, this is really bad. I feel like there was lacking the frames
yeah I have to agree. I can't remember how they compare to the 20.16 versions of the same scenes, but they're definitely a big step down from the new scenes being produced immediately before this update

Reactions: Ntrsugar

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
I have to ask everybody did this so called update piss you off or break your heart I'm little bit both
I think it is a bit sad that a big project like this is essentially getting a shitty redo for the foreseeable future but I have to admit it is kind of a triumph in ineptitude to mismanage a game this badly

Had you told someone two years ago that the creator would halt working on this game for almost two years, that's almost more believable than that it's actually taking this long

Vendovah

Nov 14, 2022
I think it is a bit sad that a big project like this is essentially getting a shitty redo for the foreseeable future but I have to admit it is kind of a triumph in ineptitude to mismanage a game this badly

Had you told someone two years ago that the creator would halt working on this game for almost two years, that's almost more believable than that it's actually taking this long
I'm still in the camp that says they actually did stop working on it, then panicked when they got the abandoned tag thinking it might ruin their passive income, and decided to mash this together in the month or so after to get rid of it.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I'm still in the camp that says they actually did stop working on it, then panicked when they got the abandoned tag thinking it might ruin their passive income, and decided to mash this together in the month or so after to get rid of it.
I'd believe that if there had been a massive drop in subscribers when that tag was applied. Otherwise it just reeks of self-importance and pretending that this forum alone could make or break the current number one creator in adult games.

They may well not have put in any real work over the last 2 or 3 years, which would explain the state of the update, but I find it hard to believe that a tag on a pirate forum caused them to suddenly panic.
As far as I can tell they delivered a shit sandwich because they knew their paying customers would eat it up anyway.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
I'd believe that if there had been a massive drop in subscribers when that tag was applied. Otherwise it just reeks of self-importance and pretending that this forum alone could make or break the current number one creator in adult games.

They may well not have put in any real work over the last 2 or 3 years, which would explain the state of the update, but I find it hard to believe that a tag on a pirate forum caused them to suddenly panic.
As far as I can tell they delivered a shit sandwich because they knew their paying customers would eat it up anyway.
not only they lapping up that shit sandwich, but they also line up in formation gladly defending the dev against any criticism about that shit sandwhich

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
DC gained ~400 patrons during that one month in which the game was abandoned before the update dropped (according to graphtreon from 30.050 to 30.426). I don't want to spark another discussion about that, but I think the number speaks for itself.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is the cheat mode the only one available to play? I do not cheat in games. How do I play normal mode? It wont let me select it.
Answered many times in this thread in the past 3 weeks. Easily found if you set your search results in your account preferences to "most recent" and searching the words cheat mode. See this: 81,107 and my FAQ here: 80,623
How do I install this patch please? I put it in the /game folder but the game crashes on launch
The patch listed in OP does not work with the new version. Only the older v0.20.16.

See three posts before yours and my FAQ here: 80,623

rivers77

Jul 16, 2017
I finally found some time to play today, but I guess I'll stop now that the 1st minigame in Jenny's story is missing. I really don't want to replay that specific part of the game again.

Looking at what's there right now, it's basically the demo some people wanted to see. Given that close to nobody on the last 100 pages seems to be talking about the actual game/update, the public perception over here seems to be as expected. Then again, it certainly helped DC's numbers, given that he'll likely come close to beat his all time patron record at the end of the month.

As to what's good and bad about the update?
The new code seems to work (it's really quick and smooth) and the first day including these new character introductions really is an improvement. It makes you want to play their stories and I'm looking forward to see the other ones:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
People who'll discover the game in the future will certainly have a blast playing it.

As for the bad?
The fact that they still use old Debbie art, even when the same sprite exists in new art (like Debbie holding her coffee mug) is kind of annoying. Sure, it makes clear which parts will be reworked/changed, but for the sake of the update, they really should have removed that.

And it's of course the fact, that none of these pre releases are really worth playing for those who already know the game. Sure, it's great to see the new backgrounds and stuff, but I'd rather wait to get the full update for now. Without the other characters and without the sound, there's really something missing.
This is the first time I've felt like DC delivered a bad product. I really thought DC would include most of Debbie's new artwork, which I think would have gone a long way to building back some good will. I called it a dumpster fire and I still hold to that. I'm trying a second play through with the patch being updated. I plan to play all of Jenny's stuff this time as well. Who actually has scenes in this update other than Jenny and Debbie? I see a handful of girls in the cookie jar, but I only have a couple of Jenny scenes. First time I played I only had Debbie in her bed at night, twice in the MC bed at night and once in the basement.

The wide screen is nice and so is the new interface, but is it necessary? I just don't think I've crossed that line to say yes. Overall the game loads and plays faster, but I keep having issues with the screen having portions go black for a split second. I'm not sure what's causing that, considering my computer is pretty top of the line. Does it have to do with the coding?

The artwork, in general, looks nicer. Mia's artwork is a highlight. I think Judith looks better as well. Tammy has one shot where she looks awful and another where she looks great. Jenny has a few really bad ones.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes