BoyHowdy981

Jun 13, 2024
imagine waiting 3 years and paying this guy monthly for 30 secs of new content and 95% of the game getting stripped away. dude pretended to work on this game maybe 4 hours a week. then when it was hit with the abandoned tag it was crunch time and he worked on a demo and got it out in 2 weeks. LOL

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
my dumbass went into the new version thinking there was voice acting for some reason haha. Spent a solid 3 minutes adjusting my audio before waking up.

• Haha
Reactions: redjoe23

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
my dumbass went into the new version thinking there was voice acting for some reason haha. Spent a solid 3 minutes adjusting my audio before waking up.
Voice acting in this game will most likely never be a thing developed by DC. I hesitate to say never, but... I would say there is a greater chance you will become wealthier than Musk before there will be official development of voice acting.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Sadly DC does not have enough money to hire a voice actress. Please donate more. XD
How quaint. It's a joke, I get it.

On the serious side, the biggest problem with adding voice actors now isn't the cost for DC, but the fact that people have already head-canoned what they think each character sounds like. Now imagine the actors voices not even being near each player's preconceived ideas on what THEY think Debbie and Diane and Jenny and... And.. and.. sound like.

It's different when a developer starts voice actors early on. Players are then conditioned on what each character sounds like. Even if they have to change voice actors, they can look for those who have similar vocal tone and timber.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Sadly DC does not have enough money to hire a voice actress. Please donate more. XD
Why would anyone even want voice acting in the game?
And don't tell me it's because Japanese games have it, because I certainly can do with what they call 'moaning' over there despite the rest of the voice acting being decent.

I also think we're at a point where everyone has their own voice for the character in their head. So picking one might just annoy people. Take Eve for example. I bet some people here are imagining her with a voice you'd expect from a transsexual, but that doesn't really work for someone who goes with the girl route.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes