kikilake12

Jun 1, 2020
This dev is just milking the donations, he just releases micro updates just to show that he is "working" on the game.
Game will never be finished, he gets more money to keep the game developing alive.
you say that but darkcookie himself is already finished on the art for the tech update its the coder that the production team kompas that is delaying the games release and the fact that he doesnt want to bring in more coders to help him saying that it will be too many chefs in the kitchen that also delays the progress even more. DC does basically daily streams of him drawing art and talking with the community and answers questions that they have even bringing in devs from time to time. While i do feel the game is also being milked a little bit to say it aint finna finish is a stretch its gonna finish when ur grandchildren have children

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I dont know where people get this idea the game is going to be completed anytime soon.
Is obvious darkcookie is going to be working in the game for years,you either care or not,thats on you.

Reactions: Count Morado

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
It's interesting to note, that it's typically the people who aren't paying a cent towards this game who are complaining about the lack of progress, and not the people who are paying.

There are other great games to play and follow while you wait for the content other people are paying for

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It's interesting to note, that it's typically the people who aren't paying a cent towards this game who are complaining about the lack of progress, and not the people who are paying.
Nothing really interesting about it -- people who are paying can display their discontent by stopping payments while the ones who aren't paying can only be vocal.

Reactions: kcaldw and chunkas

Unregistered

Oct 26, 2019
I'm really curious what the direction here is. Is this a refactor (rewriting the "spaghetti code"), update (bigger aspect ratio, redoing the visual content to fit the new aspect ratio, etc.), adding new content and extending already existing content? Or what is going on here?

Last edited:

arigatogyro

Jun 27, 2017

There are other great games to play and follow while you wait for the content other people are paying for
of course people stop paying when they have complaints, especially after 2 years of no new route

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
of course people stop paying when they have complaints, especially after 2 years of no new route
Ok, your reply actually made me realize how my comment came across, not all the facepalms. Just so often on here, the site not this thread, the people not paying and making often unreasonable complaints never paid to begin with.

I can totally understand people withdrawing finical support from something they're not happy with.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
And it's not like they have to deal with the pressure of deadlines or quotas like most people. They can work at whatever pace & get paid. What's the incentive to work harder or more efficiently?
bro i'm sure DC and his coders are working their ass off to get the tech update out as soon as possible

actually i'm being sarcastic, just look at his picarto streams where he keeps drawing nonsense that nobody cares about and only if he's not sick again, while he won't even pay his coders to work fulltime. there are days where there are 0 changes to the code base, you can check that for yourself. remember when people kept mentioning DC as a shining example as a patreon dev for being transparent and more or less always delivering on time? well i remember but times have changed bitches.

the game honestly is the star citizen of patreon, the difference being with star citizen at least they are selling you dreams about new technology that has never been done before while with STS it's like they pretend rewriting renpy code is this NASA level crazy ambitious thing like dude come on. just pay your coder to work fulltime and put your focus on finishing the game and not keep adding more meme characters. but that would mean the game would actually get finished eventually and he doesn't want that. the faster people wake up and smell the coffee the better.

Last edited:

zol002

Jul 25, 2018
How about just don't criticize the slow progress of the game in a forum where no one has any power to do anything about it? No matter how legitimate the criticism is, people get tired of reading it after 3384 pages. Your beef is with DC. If you need to criticize, send it to him.
Well... people come here, saw this game "good", subscribe. If you think this forum doesn't have that "power" then you're wrong. This forum can save people's money

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
if you criticize DC on his discord you just get banned so this is the only free place for people to vent about the milking. if you don't like it you can make a safe space thread for you and the DC defenders where you can just deny the reality about this game for the next couple years

also it's not like this thread gains quality if the milkposts stop happening because then this thread just consists just of people asking for saves, asking for when mommy get preggo or for where incest patch is over and over again and some autistic guy responding to every post
You get banned on discord and his stream by Sploosh for legitimate reasons.
1. You can't milk a free game. I know this concept is hard for some people to swallow but SS was always free and will stay free forever according to DC! The amount of money he makes is from the tip jar ppl are willing to pay and support his work to have a say on patreon on future stuff etc.

2. Critique can be added on discord, patreon and on his stream. However insults or assumptions will again end in sploosh using his ban hammer over said people as thats not critique.

3. I quit being a mod for DC cause of all this BS in his streams. Why you milking? Why character xyz no update? Why not making exactly what i want and when i want cause i don't give you a single penny and demand my free shit.

You can like or dislike the game all you want. Or add critique about the game. All fine with me.

But stating the dev is milking a game that is literally released for free is beyond ridiculous and as old as this thread itself.

北方玄武

Sep 11, 2017
The game does reserve some more praise because also it is being in development since 6 years and we always got our fair share of new stuff. Maybe not as much as some of would demand for the price they pay monthly for it to support the creator but look at others who didn't even survive past the 2-3 year mark.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes