gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
Just saw the post from March 10th. That's fucked up. Not only is Patreon making DC change his game to fit their content standards, but he's even changing his development priorities now. For those of you who loved the incest content and support the game because of its initial focus on that and initial quality, I hope this change makes you re-think your loyalty to DC.

And for those of you who hate incest and are doing a victory dance: think hard about the fetishes you like that you don't feel comfortable talking to other people about before celebrating another game you feel a little more comfortable playing because it's been censored. This by no means has to be Patreon's only witch hunt for objectionable content, and their focus can absolutely change to something else next time. Maybe next time it'll be traps, or monster girls, or maybe just any depiction of hardcore sex at all. Don't trust moral authorities to leave you alone just because they haven't bothered you yet.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
MC is actually the trap.

Originally was a female, please don't deadname him.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
And for those of you who hate incest and are doing a victory dance: think hard about the fetishes you like that you don't feel comfortable talking to other people about before celebrating another game you feel a little more comfortable playing because it's been censored.
Maybe I've missed it, but I don't recall anyone doing a "victory dance" over the loss of content.

Dgabe1993

Jun 23, 2017
Sooo, the incest content will be gone, right?
and the DC, ill add more content about impregnations and things like that?????

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Sooo, the incest content will be gone, right?
and the DC, ill add more content about impregnations and things like that?????
No, the content itself will stay. Only dialog and context will change (MC and Jenny will likely rent their rooms etc. as far as I got it). So you may expect a (fan) patch which will bring the old dialog back rather quick.

When it comes to further family content (and that will include diane/pregnancy): That sadly seems to be delayed/postponed for quite some time now and other things will come first. Though DC can of course always chance his mind. He said that we'll definitely get it at some point.

helpmeout

Dec 2, 2017
How do I pass the part where the girls are blocking the shower?? I can't do anything else until I take a shower and I can't take a shower at home and I have tried going for a swim. What to do!
[/IMG]

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
Maybe I've missed it, but I don't recall anyone doing a "victory dance" over the loss of content.
well rather late to the news about patreon forcing a change on this game, I did go back and read some posts since it first announced, but not all.

Am not surprised many on this forum are unhappy about it, as this forum does seem to be mostly filled with incest friendly people. However, its not something I like, so am very happy to hear about the change.
That's just one I saw today in this thread. I've been seeing a lot of people around here happily noting more games removing incest or getting started without incest in the first place (likely out of fear of getting shut down by Patreon), and that shit sounds like a celebration of censorship to me.

Well, whatever you feel about incest patches, the fact that this has actually changed the direction of DC's development of Summertime Saga should clue people the fuck in that this makes a difference and is bad. If people don't want to make incest games because they don't like to, that's 100% their call. Totally fine with me. If people can't, however, because they are forbidden to by an external party, then that's some bullshit that concerns everybody. Because this won't just stop with incest unless people make it stop.

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
How do I pass the part where the girls are blocking the shower?? I can't do anything else until I take a shower and I can't take a shower at home and I have tried going for a swim. What to do!
[/IMG]
You have to increase your charisma (indicated by the red CHR or similar next to the speech option). You do this by going to the park in the evenings and doing rap battles.

helpmeout

Dec 2, 2017
You have to increase your charisma (indicated by the red CHR or similar next to the speech option). You do this by going to the park in the evenings and doing rap battles.
OH wow thank you. I had no idea what that chip meant. Should have been a microphone and a head instead. This game is good!

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
That's just one I saw today in this thread. I've been seeing a lot of people around here happily noting more games removing incest or getting started without incest in the first place (likely out of fear of getting shut down by Patreon), and that shit sounds like a celebration of censorship to me.
You could also argue that it's more of a "celebration" for devs to now actually think of something instead of making "another incest game 2.5" that have been popping up. Of course it comes with the downside that the actual good games that feature incest have to suffer for it.

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
You could also argue that it's more of a "celebration" for devs to now actually think of something instead of making "another incest game 2.5" that have been popping up. Of course it comes with the downside that the actual good games that feature incest have to suffer for it.
Sure, sure. And all those people who don't like book burnings are just party poopers who never get invited to beach bonfires. Censorship always makes for the best social events and creative works.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You could also argue that it's more of a "celebration" for devs to now actually think of something instead of making "another incest game 2.5" that have been popping up.
Well, that was never a real question anyway, especially since a lof of the incest content was/is done anway. Jenny and Diane will get another update at some point and that's it for major storylines. Maybe some smaller scenes and of course plot progression but DC clearly said that mom's story as such is basically done as it is right now. So even if patreon would have done nothing there'd have been 2 more incest update and after that there'd be only smaller additions and Erik's story left. After all I doubt that DC ever intended to make more than 20 to 25% of the final game's content somewhat related to incest.

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes