Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
There is a staff of about half a dozen people that DC pays. As for the "less than a year" idea - they hoped the current tech-update would have only taken that long, but the mess of the code from years of piecemealing it together is taking longer to unravel and solidify. There are nearly 20,000 images that the posing team has to repose to the new 16:9 display ratio from the old 4:3 ratio.

The artwork is always under review and revision. The whole tech-update that has been underway for the past year 2+ years is the improvement you are talking about.

No one pays for it. The game is free for download on the developer's website for anyone to play without paying a penny. However, the average Patreon subscriber drops little more than $2 per month - less than the price of a candy bar.

Finally, the past page or so may be off-topic for this thread.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
i didn't play this game for so long and i want to ask what Dev mean by ''Tech Update'' for the next update ?
TL;DR (from the post directly above yours): the mess of the code from years of piecemealing it together is taking longer to unravel and solidify. There are nearly 20,000 images that the posing team has to repose to the new 16:9 display ratio from the old 4:3 ratio.

Otherwise, see #10 in the 86th posting of my FAQ here: #70,854

Reactions: XoticRealmZ

LaserMoon

Aug 27, 2019
There is a staff of about half a dozen people that DC pays. As for the "less than a year" idea - they hoped the current tech-update would have only taken that long, but the mess of the code from years of piecemealing it together is taking longer to unravel and solidify. There are nearly 20,000 images that the posing team has to repose to the new 16:9 display ratio from the old 4:3 ratio.

The artwork is always under review and revision. The whole tech-update that has been underway for the past year 2+ years is the improvement you are talking about.

No one pays for it. The game is free for download on the developer's website for anyone to play without paying a penny. However, the average Patreon subscriber drops little more than $2 per month - less than the price of a candy bar.

Finally, the past page or so may be off-topic for this thread.

Dozens of people? Wow, they must be the most incompetent team of developers on earth.
If you have to scale images you develop a script that does it automatically. All those problems that you comment to me are something extremely basic and simple to solve for any programmer with a little bit of experience.
Usually a team of 4 developers, in less than a month are forced to publish more advanced, clean, complete and professional code than this thing that is more closer to a power point presentation than a game, it is absurd to think that in 2 years you could not develop something much more advanced, while thousands of indie developers around the world do it every day.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Dozens of people? Wow, they must be the most incompetent team of developers on earth.
If you have to scale images you develop a script that does it automatically. All those problems that you comment to me are something extremely basic and simple to solve for any programmer with a little bit of experience.
Usually a team of 4 developers, in less than a month are forced to publish more advanced, clean, complete and professional code than this thing that is more closer to a power point presentation than a game, it is absurd to think that in 2 years you could not develop something much more advanced, while thousands of indie developers around the world do it every day.
Not dozens. HALF a dozen. 6 (or so). As for the rest of your post, sure Jan.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
View attachment 2686640
I swear to god I thought this thing was a low budget, non-profit project, and that's why the author only updated it once every couple of months, and that was the reason for the amateurish aesthetic and the many bugs.

So you're telling me that this game with those horrible drawings, with that simplistic and almost non-existent story, with all those bugs and glitches, with that obvious lack of content, that has had almost no updates for almost a decade now, not only gets paid monthly but also gets 56k every month?
I like the part where you say"a couple of months" you haven't been here long enough I can tell, people would've supported his game more i it was a couple months, maybe it was a couple months when the dev said he was gonna release the next update and here we are 2 months later still waiting, I think he still needs a little more money for his 4th car or his 7th home, but don't worry he'll update the game in a couple months. Besides I played the game and the main storyline is done as far I'm concerned, doesn't matter what else he gonna add unless.....sorry not gonna give dev any tips he might never finish the game.

LaserMoon

Aug 27, 2019
Not dozens. HALF a dozen. 6 (or so). As for the rest of your post, sure Jan.
OK, "half of a dozen". That's still way too many for the result, unless they are people with absolutely no knowledge of what they are doing and learn as they go along, but if that's the case why not hire a professional developer? Because without a doubt they are either not professionals or they are blatantly ripping him off or it is a lie that they exist.
Although I suppose another option is that there is in fact a capable team but DC pays them in potato chips, it would make sense for them to underperform, but that would be odd seeing as he earns more than the CEO of a transnational company.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I like the part where you say"a couple of months" you haven't been here long enough I can tell, people would've supported his game more i it was a couple months, maybe it was a couple months when the dev said he was gonna release the next update and here we are 2 months later still waiting, I think he still needs a little more money for his 4th car or his 7th home, but don't worry he'll update the game in a couple months. Besides I played the game and the main storyline is done as far I'm concerned, doesn't matter what else he gonna add unless.....sorry not gonna give dev any tips he might never finish the game.
Last updated: 31/10/2022

Today's date: 10/06/2023

Hmm...

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
For photo scaling you don't even have to write your own script. Photoshop has an automated process for it, so I'm sure Gimp does too via default or plugin. No need to reinvent the wheel - which might be what they're doing and why it's taking so long.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepSpace_Potato

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Last updated: 31/10/2022

Today's date: 10/06/2023

Hmm...
Was talking about the tech update wasn't it suppose to be out like 2 months ago? Gonna have to go to his page and check on it getting to old to remember, besides that storyline is done unless he gonna make a 2nd part because right now only thing left is a few getting banged and popping more kids.

Reactions: randomguylol68

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Was talking about the tech update wasn't it suppose to be out like 2 months ago? Gonna have to go to his page and check on it getting to old to remember, besides that storyline is done unless he gonna make a 2nd part because right now only thing left is a few getting banged and popping more kids.
No, it wasn't supposed to be out like 2 months ago. However, the tech update was originally thought to only need a few months to accomplish. "Best laid plans... " and all that. Basically, there is a lot more work than the developer thought it would take to do. Bad on him for poor project management. That is why it's over 2 years in the making, though it's the past 8 months where that is the 100% focus of the team (rather than taking time for yet another pre-tech update that also adds time to the tech update because the content needs coded and created for both the current version of the game and then redone for the upcoming version).

The main story is "finished" - the MC found out what happened to his father and the people responsible were being held accountable.
The other two stories are not finished - "earning money" and "date for the dance."

That said - even should the developer ever complete those two stories, the game may not be considered finished by the developer. They've stated in at least one interview that there are a ton of ideas for characters and storylines... that the game is "open-ended."
1686371448624.png

As I have stated many times in this thread (and a couple of others) - people need to get beyond the concept of games having an end or completed tag. They need to consider them more like television series and book anthologies and comic books and movies with sequels. They will continue on until the public stops asking for more content and/or the developer tires of it.

Ferlucio

Feb 21, 2018
No, it wasn't supposed to be out like 2 months ago. However, the tech update was originally thought to only need a few months to accomplish. "Best laid plans... " and all that. Basically, there is a lot more work than the developer thought it would take to do. Bad on him for poor project management. That is why it's over 2 years in the making, though it's the past 8 months where that is the 100% focus of the team (rather than taking time for yet another pre-tech update that also adds time to the tech update because the content needs coded and created for both the current version of the game and then redone for the upcoming version).

The main story is "finished" - the MC found out what happened to his father and the people responsible were being held accountable.
The other two stories are not finished - "earning money" and "date for the dance."

That said - even should the developer ever complete those two stories, the game may not be considered finished by the developer. They've stated in at least one interview that there are a ton of ideas for characters and storylines... that the game is "open-ended."
View attachment 2687144

As I have stated many times in this thread (and a couple of others) - people need to get beyond the concept of games having an end or completed tag. They need to consider them more like television series and book anthologies and comic books and movies with sequels. They will continue on until the public stops asking for more content and/or the developer tires of it.
Well, if we move away from the concept of games having an end, maybe the devs would also agree to move beyond the concept of needing money to live?
That has got to be the silliest statement I've seen.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Well, if we move away from the concept of games having an end, maybe the devs would also agree to move beyond the concept of needing money to live?
That has got to be the silliest statement I've seen.
You're right, what you said is silly. It was a non sequitur and illogical in its framing.

Ask yourself the following questions:
  • Why would a developer want to finish a game they enjoy making?
  • Why would a developer want to finish a game they still have stories to tell?
  • Why would a developer want to finish a game that receives new ideas for content from a fanbase that they find interesting to create?
  • Why would a developer want to finish a game that has had tens of millions of players?
  • Why would a developer want to finish a game that continues to see thousands of downloads across a variety of sites each day?
  • Why would a developer want to finish a game that they are spending over 2 years of time and money for staff to reconfigure the game for mobile devices in order to expand their reach into the public?
My questions are rhetorical, btw. I won't be awaiting your reply.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020

View attachment 2687144

Thx for clarifying, knew the game was done when they locked up the mayor and the russian, now the rest is just getting girls pregnant, he could've added a new corrupt mayor to keep the plot going like the boss of the bosses. But anyways thx for the heads up I seen you here a lot and you know more about the game than me. (y)

Reactions: Count Morado

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
For photo scaling you don't even have to write your own script. Photoshop has an automated process for it, so I'm sure Gimp does too via default or plugin. No need to reinvent the wheel - which might be what they're doing and why it's taking so long.
You know, they actually want to make use of the additional screen space. It's a bit more complicated than just adding some blank space to the left and right of each image.

ProPlay

Apr 22, 2019
TL;DR (from the post directly above yours): the mess of the code from years of piecemealing it together is taking longer to unravel and solidify. There are nearly 20,000 images that the posing team has to repose to the new 16:9 display ratio from the old 4:3 ratio.

Otherwise, see #10 in the 86th posting of my FAQ here: #70,854
okey thanks

Reactions: Count Morado

Gzowl_LiP

Apr 15, 2023
If the dev is actually using Gimp, I might consider supporting him. $50k a month is not enough to cover the psychological damage suffered from long term exposure to that monstrosity. Poor guy. Thought and prayers.
---

The average gimp experience:
monkey-pissed.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Automata
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes