BlackCube

Game Developer
May 18, 2021
Ok yea good point but one of my points are that they have more recourses than most devs. That still is over 200,000 minimum also. A lot of devs have a better upload schedule with way less funding that make quality games as well (i.e Messman or marble crown) . I guess I'm partially just pissed they aren't getting as much funding. Some larger projects like arua dev are communicating with the community and actually putting updates out.
Yeah, you're probably not wrong. I haven't been keeping up with the news regarding this game, but I'd be pissed if I was paying monthly for something that isn't giving anything in return.

Mika2820270

Nov 1, 2022
I just hope that it doesn't be one of those abandoned game because of some many complaints.
Hope that dc can make it to annie update.

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
Maybe his coder sucks and he can't ( will not pay) for an other/better one. Anyways the money keep flowing so the dude has no problem. He will probably send his kids to college before he actualy finishes this game. As for me the game has long strayed from what i was hoping it would be so i don't care much. I read the tread from time to time to see all the fanboys deffending the dev. It amuses me.

Ebet Ebety

Jun 3, 2017
Maybe his coder sucks and he can't ( will not pay) for an other/better one. Anyways the money keep flowing so the dude has no problem. He will probably send his kids to college before he actualy finishes this game. As for me the game has long strayed from what i was hoping it would be so i don't care much. I read the tread from time to time to see all the fanboys deffending the dev. It amuses me.
I have warned you guys once already, but nobody paid heed to my words.
With all the ridiculous funding he's getting from Patreon Darth Cookie is building a deathstar in orbit. Soon everybody will have to bend ov... err I mean bow down to the might of his big laser cannon.
And just pray his lightsaber does not catch you with your pants down!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I haven't played the game in a year or two but this was my first time looking at the update schedule and the amount they are getting. I would be pissed if I was a patron.
And patrons have the ability to stop subscribing any day they want. It's kind of a moot point. The ball is in their court - especially seeing as how long the tech update has taken. It's not like subscribing means they are the only ones who get the game because they are subscribers. The game is free for everyone on the developer's website - they only get it 24 hours-ish sooner than the general public. If a patron is supporting only to get the game, they are supporting for the wrong reason because no one needs to subscribe to get the game.

Also, discussing whatever a developer gets or doesn't get from subscribers and discussing other games is off-topic. If you would like to discuss these items further, feel free to start a new thread in Off-Topic.

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
Not even to be cheeky, but you're crazy. There's no reason to think the coming updates after the tech upate will drop quickly. Sure, some (or even a majority) of the art for at least the R(h)onda update is completed - but the coder and the posers still have to do their work, not to mention the scripts if they haven't been started yet. People shouldn't expect updates any quicker than they were just before the tech update which is about 3-4 months per update, on average. A few could be 2 months, but a few could be 5 months - depending upon the character and amount of content involved.
You are delusional. You really think well get more that one update per year? Really? Man you have a really bad case of Stockholm syndrome. Dream on, he has zero financial incentive to deliver more that 1 update every 1 to 2 years. the longer he can draw this out, the better for his bank account.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Lol you are fast mate do you sleep in front of the keyboard too ? And how is that offtopic ? Im talking about my opinion on the future of this game and its development. You dont like my opinion that's your problem.
I have the iPillow9000 - not only is it soft and supportive for proper neck and spine alignment, but it allows me to respond by simply using REM. You are specifically targeting subscription $$$ and the donors - and comparing it to another developer.
Also, discussing whatever a developer gets or doesn't get from subscribers and discussing other games is off-topic. If you would like to discuss these items further, feel free to start a new thread in Off-Topic.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
#68,199 Also, yeah - the guy who has stated that DC is a shitty manager, fucked up his estimation on how long the tech updat would take, and many other criticisms is someone they would want on their payroll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 30, 2019
Ok but they are making 27,000 a month if every patron is paying 1 dollar.........they should be moving faster. This isn't a funding issue and "revising code".....every dev has to do that. It is a good game visually but they seem to be milking their patrons. They have to do everything other devs have to do but with a quarter of a million a year to do it with (if every patron is giving 1 dollar). They have enough to hire the people they need and still live better than 90 % of people. I haven't played the game in a year or two but this was my first time looking at the update schedule and the amount they are getting. I would be pissed if I was a patron.
1689614440550.png

Sourced from Patreon, thats 3/4 of a million a year. This dude SCAMMING scamming lmfao.

FGM01

Jun 27, 2023
Ok just started playing this. Not very far in, only day 2, but I need to ask, are there time limits on some of these quests? It's not indicated in the cell phone list, but during some of the convos they'll be like, oh you have this athletic thing to train for in 2 weeks, or oh I'm on cafeteria duty for this month. Are they being literal? Seems like there's a ton to do in this game and only 3 "hours" per day.

Also, unrelated but I thought I heard this was an incest game? And it seems like it really wants to be but, Debbie isn't related to you at all, and even Eric lives with his "landlady" not his mom. Kinda weird.

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Almost 9 months since last update. Anybody that has some information about if this a Rework or something or just some huge tech update?

Papertrail013

Apr 8, 2023
And patrons have the ability to stop subscribing any day they want. It's kind of a moot point. The ball is in their court - especially seeing as how long the tech update has taken. It's not like subscribing means they are the only ones who get the game because they are subscribers. The game is free for everyone on the developer's website - they only get it 24 hours-ish sooner than the general public. If a patron is supporting only to get the game, they are supporting for the wrong reason because no one needs to subscribe to get the game.

It is on topic, it relates to this game and the developer of this game. Also one of my points was they are getting all of this support but not bringing out updates. Other devs have little support but bring quality content at a regular pace. I'm not saying they should be gone but they should respect the people who are giving money to them.

Last edited:

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Almost 9 months since last update. Anybody that has some information about if this a Rework or something or just some huge tech update?
It's a huge Tech update that metastasized into a full rework. To make a very long story short, they discovered during the process of updating the backgrounds that a great number of art assets were corrupted and/or missing and had to be re-exported. This in turn broke the rest of the game and necessitated having to re-do everything from posing to code. DC has also been taking the opportunity to add in a bunch of new stuff, possibly in an attempt to make up for the extended dev time.

Username7 has done a great job of chronicling dev comments from Picarto streams and the internal task tracker, so I'd recommend checking out his posts if you want more detail. And Hero1 periodically posts the official Patreon updates that fill in some of the other gaps. Otherwise, all we have to offer here is speculation.

Reactions: test89 and theDuke

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
It's a huge Tech update that metastasized into a full rework. To make a very long story short, they discovered during the process of updating the backgrounds that a great number of art assets were corrupted and/or missing and had to be re-exported. This in turn broke the rest of the game and necessitated having to re-do everything from posing to code. DC has also been taking the opportunity to add in a bunch of new stuff, possibly in an attempt to make up for the extended dev time.

Username7 has done a great job of chronicling dev comments from Picarto streams and the internal task tracker, so I'd recommend checking out his posts if you want more detail. And Hero1 periodically posts the official Patreon updates that fill in some of the other gaps. Otherwise, all we have to offer here is speculation.
Un fucking lucky..
Thanks for taking the time to tell me atleast, I guess its time for the waiting game then Zzz.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes