mestrexota

Mar 6, 2021
lets think for a moment
This is asking too much, bro.

As I said before, people just want to externalize their frustration. The most we can do as community – which isn't much – is to make people aware that the development of this game is almost stalled and doesn't deserve the amount of funding. The tag is a crucial part to push this muffled message forward.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
lets think for a moment, DCs business model is patreon. Would people start canceling their patreons for Summertime Saga at masses just because F95 put abandoned tag? When they can see he works on the game every day on his streams, and put news on his discord etc. I really dont think so.
The defenders actually admit now that the patreons are angry,are fuming about the lack of progress.
The gravy train is crumbling and this is DC hail mary.

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting well this puts a few things into prospective. Namely this decision had to have been made internally around the start of the year give or take a few weeks, that's about when the coding task stalled out when throughout the fall, and early winter they had been getting done at a relatively steady rate, there were points in October and November where Stray was clearing two to three coding task a week mind you. It was also around that time when Stray started seemingly working on random things as opposed to the in progress coding task which in hindsight was setting up for this new update and release model.
The decision may have been made at the beginning of the year but that wasn't when coding stalled. Coding stalled back in September of last year. Coding has been stuck at 69% since at least last october (there is a pic of the progress, from then, somewhere back in the morass that is this thread). My question is, why has the coding stalled? Because only patreon subs can see the progress reports we do not have a clear idea of what has been going on. Being a coder myself I do not see a reason why the coding stopped. If they made a decision to roll out the updates in small bits you'd think they would have started that back when the coding came to a halt in order to start debugging.

Reactions: GaRbS

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
For what i understand first update will be tiny, he will be releasing the game by the same size update every 2-3 months, i mean people waiting years for it to be released like this and the excuse its for testing for bugs.

Last edited:

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
holy shit so the first partial update is really only going to be jenny and debbie. dude he's going to drag this out for a year, maybe multiple years. it's getting to a point where developing the tech update will take as long as it took developing the entire game before the tech update.

also as others have mentioned this comes at the most suspicious time you can imagine. if his patreons and his discord fans are really okay with this i'll bow my had to him. that's some next level milking.

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
This is asking too much, bro.

As I said before, people just want to externalize their frustration. The most we can do as community – which isn't much – is to make people aware that the development of this game is almost stalled and doesn't deserve the amount of funding. The tag is a crucial part to push this muffled message forward.
Not likely to happen. The moderators are apparently rejecting reports saying the thread needs an Abandoned tag

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
if his patreons and his discord fans are really okay with this i'll bow my had to him.
Honestly, I'd be surprised if it would be otherwiese. Those fans who gave money because they want to see focussed releases have stopped paying years ago - that's one reason why you'll see so many ex-patrons over here.

Quite on the contrary, the fact that there'll be updates again - let alone possibly regular ones - will probably lead to an noticable uptick in earnings.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Not likely to happen. The moderators are apparently rejecting reports saying the thread needs an Abandoned tag
Which... is actually... understandable.
(yes, this is where I look at things from the other side)
From the moderators perspective, DC is still in-communication (patreon posts, streams), an update is "on the way" and this is a highly charged thread, for one of the biggest games on the site.
it could be they are taking a "wait a little longer and see what happens" approach, or they really don't want to list one of the biggest games with the abandoned tag.

I've been lurking on DC's discord for a little bit, and even on there, there is a growing amount of... let's say discontent even from those that are subscribers, especially with this latest announcement.

vks017

Jun 30, 2017
From the moderators perspective, DC is still in-communication (patreon posts, streams), an update is "on the way" and this is a highly charged thread, for one of the biggest games on the site.
it could be they are taking a "wait a little longer and see what happens" approach, or they really don't want to list one of the biggest games with the abandoned tag.

I've been lurking on DC's discord for a little bit, and even on there, there is a growing amount of... let's say discontent even from those that are subscribers, especially with this latest announcement.
Yeah I can understand this from their side. At least it seems the threat of the tag has had the desired effect. Anything to shake this game out of the what seemed permanent hibernation is good.

Reactions: GaRbS

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
DC is throwing crumbs at them and they going to celebrate like is a feast.
i just checked the discord and there is a small uprising but the mods and some of the high tier patreons are fast to call everyone who thinks this is ridiculous whiners

btw where the fuck is the abandoned tag???

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

meh1995

Jul 11, 2023

This is a lot of bullshit. This strategy of "communication", which is basically throwing bread crumbs to people to keep them happy has been sanctioned on the site before, so it is still unfair the site has not given this game the abandoned tag yet.

Also, remember, that one of the lead mods of the site is part of STS's team, which is insane, to say the least.
1714516915774.png

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
It's easy to do on a discord server. You just press ban and the person can't post on the server anymore.
That's not a shadowban. That's a regular ban. A shadowban is a ban someone doesn't notice, like when you just get removed from searchs on Xitter.

4.10 star(s) 353 Votes