McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
It may very well be annoying to read, but those posts are about the game - The developer and the process of developing are part of a game. Maybe not directly for the experience of the game or the consumer, but when a game like this - which is bankrolled by the patrons - is talked about, development plays quite the big roll and shouldn't be underestimated or just swept away. That's a quick way to piss off a lot of people.
i think he's not talking about banning the complainers but making a seperate thread for release time and "DC is greedy" complaining. because as soon as someone makes a post that goes like "wow can't believe this update isn't out yet, my guess is now may 2021, why does he get 50k for that what a scam" the thread goes to shit and all other discussions get drowned in complaining

401Grem

May 14, 2017
It may very well be annoying to read, but those posts are about the game - The developer and the process of developing are part of a game. Maybe not directly for the experience of the game or the consumer, but when a game like this - which is bankrolled by the patrons - is talked about, development plays quite the big roll and shouldn't be underestimated or just swept away. That's a quick way to piss off a lot of people.
Nonsense, peoples opinions regarding the development part of a game, are only based in speculation, which does not add anything possitive to the game discussion, and degrades the thread into biased unsupported opinions.

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
Im pretty disappointed rn the update is not going to drop on the 23rd probably 1week later.... wake me up when its out guys

Reactions: Maverick84

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
Nonsense, peoples opinions regarding the development part of a game, are only based in speculation, which does not add anything possitive to the game discussion, and degrades the thread into biased unsupported opinions.
Not all discussion around SS or the devs can be positive, and it shouldn't be. Just because the same old complaints about SS being a scam and development is too slow are annoying and have been rebutted a billion times already, doesn't mean those tired arguments aren't part of the discussion.

Not to mention there is a definite positive to the complaints as well, since those are a part of the reason why the thread stays hot, gathers attention which in turn translates to attention to the game and DC. Some of the people that wind up here and haven't tried the game, are bound to become patrons as well after realizing the fact that SS is one of the best adult games out there. So it ain't all bad even if it seems like that sometimes from the surface. :)

Reactions: exirock and Tezon

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Listen...

All this takes gettin' used to...

And you do get used to it.

After a while... There's three things I'll always miss though...

1) Not having to watch my step all the time

2... Well... Forget about 2...

And 3...

hikoichi1022

May 20, 2017
my english not good..but...I have a question....
Does ss earn $50,000 per month on patreon?

If is every month Updated is 018/12/15 .Even last December to the present
.Already 4 months....i fee..This income may be enough to develop a complete game.in my country..

if wrong..Sorry...^^*

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
my english not good..but...I have a question....
Does ss earn $50,000 per month on patreon?

If is every month Updated is 018/12/15 .Even last December to the present
.Already 4 months....i fee..This income may be enough to develop a complete game.in my country..

if wrong..Sorry...^^*
Patreon takes a cut and he divides that among his team. Also, I don't think it's fair to look at a number and state that it's enough to complete a game.

Game Jams occur where people make games for free. Some people make games as a full time job on small sites. This happens to be a large project that is decided on by fans in regards to how to unlock it all. Some developers have slower schedules, some faster based on how they work and what they do.

All games are created unequally since time goes into a LOT of the process that we never see. At least, that's my two meats.

Reactions: hikoichi1022

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Im pretty disappointed rn the update is not going to drop on the 23rd probably 1week later.... wake me up when its out guys
There was never any indication that it would drop on the 23rd, or any indication that it will drop in April at all. Put no expectations on a release date and be pleasantly surprised when it does release. To do anything else is folly. It's been five months since the last real update, surely you can wait another week or three.

EarthShaker

Jun 9, 2018
Guys, I've been playing this game for a long time and now I'm stuck here at this error. Please help me!!!
I'm in the Mia's House and I was talking with her mom about getting her sexy clothes
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/locations/mia_s_house/mia_s_entrance/mia_s_upstairs/helen_s_bedroom/helen_s_bedroom.rpy", line 23, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 304, in main
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations.rpy", line 148, in call_screen
  File "game/scripts/locations/mia_s_house/mia_s_entrance/mia_s_upstairs/helen_s_bedroom/screens.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/scripts/locations/mia_s_house/mia_s_entrance/mia_s_upstairs/helen_s_bedroom/screens.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/scripts/locations/mia_s_house/mia_s_entrance/mia_s_upstairs/helen_s_bedroom/screens.rpy", line 16, in execute
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations.rpy", line 325, in is_here
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/state_machine.rpy", line 771, in where
KeyError: u'mia'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/dialogue.rpyc", line 1840, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpyc", line 87, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 72, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/mia_s_house/mia_s_entrance/mia_s_upstairs/helen_s_bedroom/helen_s_bedroom.rpyc", line 23, in script
  File "X:\Descarcari\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "X:\Descarcari\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/locations/mia_s_house/mia_s_entrance/mia_s_upstairs/helen_s_bedroom/helen_s_bedroom.rpy", line 23, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 304, in main
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations.rpy", line 148, in call_screen
  File "X:\Descarcari\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2710, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "X:\Descarcari\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "X:\Descarcari\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "X:\Descarcari\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3033, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "X:\Descarcari\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "X:\Descarcari\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "X:\Descarcari\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "X:\Descarcari\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3033, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "X:\Descarcari\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "X:\Descarcari\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/scripts/locations/mia_s_house/mia_s_entrance/mia_s_upstairs/helen_s_bedroom/screens.rpy", line 16, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 16, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations.rpy", line 325, in is_here
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/state_machine.rpy", line 771, in where
KeyError: u'mia'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.17.5
Sat Apr 20 18:33:44 2019

dexterblood

Nov 15, 2018
Im curious about this update. If it ends up being as dogshit as the last Diane update. people are gonna rage hard. This one has taken about nearly 6 months so the content should be worth it. Hopefully he dosent remove scenes this time also.

Reactions: Lastwords
4.10 star(s) 353 Votes