Jeeves123

Aug 10, 2019
Somewhere Begger of the Net is looking on with a tear in his eye and a smile, saying: "What a hero, someday I'll be just like Dark Cookie"

Reactions: Dave98424

Triaxe

Mar 16, 2019
So after two years all content was removed except two questlines which we can now enjoy in widescreen.

Heh. I was under the impression that after two years everything would be finished but now everyone's going to be waiting for the same old content just put in a different resolution. Oh, I guess they may or may not have some new scenes slipped in.

Ain't that some shit.

anminter17

Sep 8, 2017
this guy actually does not understand why people are mad and its shocking. its like paying for a new car and they say "yea wait a few months for us to build it" and then you wait TWO YEARS and just get a set of wheels and an old beat up engine and are told "HERE IT IS!!! ISNT IT GREAT??!"
But what you won't understand is that you don't buy the car on patreon, you have the car for free in any case, you should give some money out of your will to the car manufacturer because you feel like to support their work. But yeah, it's "shocking" that i understand how a patreon work, i know. :ROFLMAO:

That's whay you pay for if you give devs money:
  • Early access releases
  • Private download servers
  • Bug Tracker access
  • Development Roadmap access
  • Wiki edit permissions
  • Stream archive access
  • Unique Discord role (PatronCookieDough)
  • Access to crowd sourced translations tool
Nothing more, nothing less. The game isn't included in the perks of the patreon because it's free.

• Angry
Reactions: BeaAndNessa

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
But what you won't understand is that you don't buy the car on patreon, you have the car for free in any case, you should give some money out of your will to the car manufacturer because you feel like to support their work. But yeah, it's "shocking" that i understand how a patreon work, i know. :ROFLMAO:

• Early access releases
  • Bug Tracker access
  • Wiki edit permissions
  • Stream archive access
Nothing more, nothing less. The game isn't included in the perks of the patreon because it's free.
the patreon money enables the devs to work on the game..... its like saying my taxes dont pay for the government

Reactions: Luna3261984

mams3425

Oct 2, 2020
Maybe it's too early for me to say this, but the same script hole is still in the game.

I know that it is the typical game that is not canonically incestuous but is written as if it were, and that technically it is not a script hole in itself to use that writing technique, since the relationship between Frank, Debbie and Dianne is quite similar to that of Grace Odette and Tuuku (friends who are practically family), but the same doubt remains in the air, where did Frank and Annon live before the game started?

Apparently Debbie's house has no more rooms to argue that they lived there as guests, plus I highly doubt that he slept all this time on the couch or in his son's room, and I also don't think he shared a room with Debbie being alone. "friends". Everything leaves us with the following options: either Dark Cookie modifies Debbie's house again to include an extra guest room, or gives her her own apartment in the building with Tonny, Becca and the other people; In either case she would have to modify the main story, since they would have to include this place when looking for clues about Frank's death. The other alternative to this would be to turn Debbie into Frank's second wife and Annon's stepmother, but from what I see this option has already been ruled out (I don't know if it's due to patreon rules or if the developers simply didn't want to use that option)

but hey, I think I'm just getting ahead of the facts, maybe in the future we'll be told that Annon was Becca and Tonny's neighbor (although Tony's story before this update makes it clear that he didn't know the protagonist before saving him of the gangsters), that Frank's secret room magically appears in Debbie's house or that perhaps he lived in the attic all this time and that they left him in his current state after he passed away.

ps a lot of text

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
The game would have been finished without changing the resolution. Then they could have created a new game at a higher resolution.

We're still looking at 6-12 months before the full upgrade.

Machinencio

Oct 22, 2017
long story short:
>promise rework for a few months time
>devs super lazy and do no work
>(2 years later still nothing)
>gets abandoned tag
>dev releases a WIP build with about a months worth of work to avoid the abandoned tag so they can still keep all the patreons
>people mad
Oh god, i remember the announcement of the pre "tech update" back in 2019.

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
Why i should care if someone is happy about something doesn't make me happy or even worse if they like to burn out money for no reason? I'm happy for them in the first case, i totally don't care in the latter.
Patreons are happy. You're happy. Why are we having this conversation in the first place?

• Early access releases
  • Bug Tracker access
  • Wiki edit permissions
  • Stream archive access
DC is just a reflection of the industry as a whole. He's a full-time developer, top 1 adult game developer on Patreon who doesn't deliver at all. It's just nonsense to defend him.
What you're saying is just a monetization model. It's only free because supporters pay for it. Do you think this game would be the same with 0 supporters? Do you think this game would exist without support?

Reactions: HottyYoungThug

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
was mostly scrolling to see the cat fights with this new update but learned about Urban demons remake is even better entertainment than i will find here
yea i just saw that too, looks really good tbh. hopefully the devs done lie and steal money :p

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes