Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Well, it has always been the plan to have the 6 school girls as main girls (next to Debbie, Jenny [and Diane as strongest secondary character]) who will get an equal amount of content. And of course the game is far from being done.
Sure, the main story part about finding out what happened to MC's dad is done, but there's still the way bigger dating/prom part left.
Meh!... My main goal has always been to fuck the principle, preferably over her desk with the PA system turned on so the whole school can hear :p
Until that happens there will never be a satisfactory end IMO.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
So you mean every election ever is a scam, since not every1 voted and people get elected with a few votes out of millions of voters
Comparing a majority of people with a singular right vote to a paying minority, some of whom have multiple votes, is a far reach.

Even if some people choose to not vote, which is a vote in and of itself, an election still represents what the majority of people voted for, at least in my country. But sure, there's a lot of ways elections devalues the votes of the people. Not sure what your point here is.

I'm also not saying there's anything wrong with the polls not being representative since DC never claimed them to be. I do care how they steer the order of updates though, especially with the pre-techs.

Reactions: FlyingPony

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Comparing a majority of people with a singular right vote to a paying minority, some of whom have multiple votes, is a far reach.

Even if some people choose to not vote, which is a vote in and of itself, an election still represents what the majority of people voted for, at least in my country. But sure, there's a lot of ways elections devalues the votes of the people. Not sure what your point here is.

I'm also not saying there's anything wrong with the polls not being representative since DC never claimed them to be. I do care how they steer the order of updates though, especially with the pre-techs.
Just remember, that an opposing vote cancels your vote, and most elections are decided by an extreme minority, that have no opposing vote canceling it, which could be as few as 1.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Just remember, that an opposing vote cancels your vote, and most elections are decided by an extreme minority, that have no opposing vote canceling it, which could be as few as 1.
I know, my point is about the access to votes and not how democracy works. You can't compare a system where everyone has a vote to do with as they please, to a poll only few people have access to and some of whom have multiple votes.

More power to DC and the voters, it doesn't matter much tbh, but it's not an accurate representation of what the majority wants, only what those few select people want. It's not really a statistic you can build any argument on.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
but it's not an accurate representation of what the majority wants, only what those few select people want. It's not really a statistic you can build any argument on.
Yes, it is a statistic you can build an argument on. I don't know what business background you have or where you are founding your beliefs on, but they do not exist in the real world.

DC's livelihood, and that of his staff, are dependent on the contributions of patreons. Therefore, in order to maintain, or increase, that aspect - it is in the best interest of the development team to address those options provided that are most supported by those who contribute to that livelihood. It does DC no good to get input from those who do not subscribe which may, or may not, influence the outcome of those polls. If voters who are not subscribed overrule those who do subscribe and DC follows it, it can cause 'buyers remorse" as well as increase the sense of futility in donating (i.e. "why should I contribute if people who don't can overrule the wants of those do contribute"). And should enough of that feeling pervade the subscribers, DC could see the number of patrons decrease and therefore his livelihood - and those of his staff - become less secure.

Before you say "well, if people who aren't subscribed were able to vote and their desires prevailed, DC could look at a potential of increased income from new subscribers" - while this is a good hypothesis, there isn't much validity. It goes to the old "bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." And again, you're putting your nut over the food on the table of the development team. If you want to influence the content based upon the options made available in polls, subscribe to vote.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Yes, it is a statistic you can build an argument on. I don't know what business background you have or where you are founding your beliefs on, but they do not exist in the real world.

DC's livelihood, and that of his staff, are dependent on the contributions of patreons. Therefore, in order to maintain, or increase, that aspect - it is in the best interest of the development team to address those options provided that are most supported by those who contribute to that livelihood. It does DC no good to get input from those who do not subscribe which may, or may not, influence the outcome of those polls. If voters who are not subscribed overrule those who do subscribe and DC follows it, it can cause 'buyers remorse" as well as increase the sense of futility in donating (i.e. "why should I contribute if people who don't can overrule the wants of those do contribute"). And should enough of that feeling pervade the subscribers, DC could see the number of patrons decrease and therefore his livelihood - and those of his staff - become less secure.

Before you say "well, if people who aren't subscribed were able to vote and their desires prevailed, DC could look at a potential of increased income from new subscribers" - while this is a good hypothesis, there isn't much validity. It goes to the old "bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." And again, you're putting your nut over the food on the table of the development team. If you want to influence the content based upon the options made available in polls, subscribe to vote.
I've said multiple times that there's nothing wrong with DC giving votes out to Patrons who pay, for the exact reason you just gave. I think in the past I've argued that votes could be free and that DC could benefit from it, but I was wrong because it's probably a less viable system and there's also voter fraud to worry about with bots, although I still think votes can be handed out to lower tier Patrons and give higher tier Patrons an extra vote, but that's really a small thought in the back of my head, it really doesn't matter. DC has all the right to incentivize people to become Patrons.

My notion that it's not a representative of what the majority of fans want came from people calling it public demand some time ago and now I used it again in my discussion with j4yj4m saying I'd prefer DC taking the reigns and potentially having a more organic development cycle, rather than having disjointed updates determined by a minority of Patrons, although that's based on absolutely nothing and is more wishful thinking. We were just making conversation at that point.

Then your friend Omnikuken compared apples to oranges and we talked about democracy for a bit. And now you come in guns blazing talking about DC's business incentive, which is a completely different avenue. I'll grant you that "It's not really a statistic you can build any argument on." is a pretty bad way of wording it but in the context of the conversation it kind of makes sense.

And I would never put my nut over the devs food that's disgusting, unless they like that, then they can call me.

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
I'd prefer DC taking the reigns and potentially having a more organic development cycle, rather than having disjointed updates determined by a minority of Patrons
Initially when Dev said voting, I thought "here is my plan for a future update but I have time to add a couple of scenes for the most voted char". But at this point it is what it is.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Initially when Dev said voting, I thought "here is my plan for a future update but I have time to add a couple of scenes for the most voted char". But at this point it is what it is.
Nah, Patrons get to vote which character's update is next through polls, granted they pay enough to get a vote(s). It doesn't matter much tho, assuming DC will finish the game and development being pretty much the same as if he would develop the game in his own order/pace.

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
Nah, Patrons get to vote which character's update is next through polls, granted they pay enough to get a vote(s). It doesn't matter much tho, assuming DC will finish the game and development being pretty much the same as if he would develop the game in his own order/pace.
I meant initially, way back when.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I meant initially, way back when.
I don't think it was ever hinted at something like you said. Even the 1st time he polled for something, it was always "you dudes vote who you want made, I'll do what I want with it afterwards". Ish

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it was ever hinted at something like you said. Even the 1st time he polled for something, it was always "you dudes vote who you want made, I'll do what I want with it afterwards". Ish
You said the same thing I did. Ish

here is my plan for a future update ≈ I'll do what I want
you dudes vote who you want made ≈ I'll add a couple of scenes for your char.

Noneknows

Nov 11, 2021
do i need to do something or it's already with ( Patches: - v0.20.12* ) content? it says ( Version: 0.20.16 Pre-tech ) after all..

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
do i need to do something or it's already with ( Patches: - v0.20.12* ) content? it says ( Version: 0.20.16 Pre-tech ) after all..
See #3 in the 67th posting of my FAQ near the bottom of the previous page: #68,235 I also recommend #1.

Bruh.Moment

Jun 20, 2020
My first playtrough started exactly a week ago and I just finished it today. Man has this week been a blast, absolutely loved the game!

Now that I have come back to the forum I see two mods that caught my interest.

The SPH mod and the Naughty Tribute mod. Both of them seem to have intriguing improvements which I would love to try out.

My question though is if its worth starting a "new game" for either of these mods?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
My first playtrough started exactly a week ago and I just finished it today. Man has this week been a blast, absolutely loved the game!

The SPH mod and the Naughty Tribute mod. Both of them seem to have intriguing improvements which I would love to try out.

My question though is if its worth starting a "new game" for either of these mods?
Naughty mostly adds stuff during scenes. SPH redoes the story and removes MC's gigadick. Dunno if it's worth to restart for that. Probably can't run both at once either. And then most mod talk needs to be had in their respective threads

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

You should ask that in the mod threads - not everyone in this thread has tried either of them, but many in those threads have and can give you pointers.

Bruh.Moment

Jun 20, 2020
Naughty mostly adds stuff during scenes. SPH redoes the story and removes MC's gigadick. Dunno if it's worth to restart for that. Probably can't run both at once either. And then most mod talk needs to be had in their respective threads
You should ask that in the mod threads - not everyone in this thread has tried either of them, but many in those threads have and can give you pointers.
My bad, thanks for the pointers! I'll ask there.

Reactions: Count Morado

9phil9

Jun 28, 2018
So I take it the so called "Tech" update has been abandoned ? The progress bar has shown 79% for several months now. It claims things are being done but the things done are still the same each month.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
So I take it the so called "Tech" update has been abandoned ? The progress bar has shown 79% for several months now. It claims things are being done but the things done are still the same each month.
isnt that how it always was? i mean, its clear that the project is slowly progressing to a 1 update per year.

Reactions: demnesn21151
4.00 star(s) 366 Votes