srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
As long as "cows" exist and throw their money away, this game (or every other patreon supported game) will never be completed (exceptions do exist but are rare).
Would you finish a project that gives you 60k every month and the only work you have to do is post some wallpapers and some statistics? I wouldn't...

DarKCookie simply exploited this to an entrire new level and found 30,757 idiots sorry I meant "cows" to milk.
Thanks for those insights.

I don't want to take your illusion away, but by your logic, free software would not exist. But, hey, it does exist, and Summertime Saga is freely available.

I would say DC's problem is that he wants to transfer this game into a new one, instead of simply calling it done and create the Tech Update as a sequel. SS is one of the most complete and most finished games around. All it would have needed was to close some lose ends and start fresh. Patreons who support him now would support the sequel as well, even more since new content would come out much quicker.

Bad management decision, but to call someone who gives the game away for free a milker does not quite fit.

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
You know. Something/injustice unlimited once had the same issues as this game does with taking forever to update. The diffrence was that game dev got a scare to get himself back on track. As his updates slowed to a crawl and delivered less content and was more buggy and broken.

Patrons began to leave and he saw a huge dip in them so he quickly jumped into action to salvage things and fixed up the game.

Sure things aren't great with it but it's betterish than it was and updates more often.and with mroe content.

I wounder if maybe DC got a scare like that with his patrons dropping in big numbers he'd kick it into high gear. As this update has taken far, far too long.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
half right, half wrong.

I agree its taking too long but not because he isn't working on it. It feels like the tech update forces not to only add new content (if there will be any) but also recode/redraw a lot of old parts of the game(and this game is already big as it is lol).

you can accompany his work if you wish.

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
Thanks for those insights.

I don't want to take your illusion away, but by your logic, free software would not exist. But, hey, it does exist, and Summertime Saga is freely available.

I would say DC's problem is that he wants to transfer this game into a new one, instead of simply calling it done and create the Tech Update as a sequel. SS is one of the most complete and most finished games around. All it would have needed was to close some lose ends and start fresh. Patreons who support him now would support the sequel as well, even more since new content would come out much quicker.

Bad management decision, but to call someone who gives the game away for free a milker does not quite fit.
You are quoting someone who contributes a lot in open source programs in my free time (not with this nickname).

So my answer is simply:
Complete BS.
If you understood how developing an application or a game works you would not say any of the above.
IF DarkCookie really worked so hard he would simply release every 3-6 months an alpha or beta time-bombed version for his patrons to check the development and new features of their "investment".
He does not do that because the only work, that he does is writing statistics (that they cannot verify) and posting 1-2 images every now and then.
And I don't blame him. He found idiots willing to get milked and he simply provides the service they want.(y);)

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You are quoting someone who contributes a lot in open source programs in my free time (not with this nickname).
And you are quoting someone who has intimate knowledge of most, if not all the assets, and coding of this game because they have a very popular mod that they've been maintaining for 5 of the years that the game has been in development.

Oh, and it's under the username they post under - so there is no question to their credentials.

I love how people, such as yourself, who have no idea what the situation is in the development, what challenges a development team is facing, no clue what their full vision is for a release - somehow knows exactly what the developer needs to do be successful or get a release out in that person's preferred timeline.
for his patrons to check the development and new features of their "investment".
And this shows your lack of knowledge of the situation. They aren't investing in anything. That isn't how Patreon works, particularly in DC's situation.

It is very explicit what subscribers get for their tier benefits and the game is not one of them. The schedule of releases is not one of them. What they have been promised for their subscription as tier benefits, they get.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: thedoomerjo

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
And you are quoting someone who has intimate knowledge of most, if not all the assets, and coding of this game because he has a very popular mod that he's been maintaining for 5 of the years that the game has been in development.

Oh, and it's under the username he posts under - so there is no question to his credentials.
Sorry, I did not know that modding something is so hard. :LOL:
And with this nickname, I am probably the only one that can fully decrypt the enigma protector. So what is your point?

Reactions: Chili_Chale_Cholo

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018

So my answer is simply:
Complete BS.
If you understood how developing an application or a game works you would not say any of the above.
IF DarkCookie really worked so hard he would simply release every 3-6 months an alpha or beta time-bombed version for his patrons to check the development and new features of their "investment".
He does not do that because the only work, that he does is writing statistics (that they cannot verify) and posting 1-2 images every now and then.
And I don't blame him. He found idiots willing to get milked and he simply provides the service they want.(y);)
So in your rant you completely ignore the part where I don't agree with DC.

I would very much appreciate if you stopped insulting everybody. Thank you.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Sorry, I did not know that modding something is so hard. :LOL:
And with this nickname, I am probably the only one that can fully decrypt the enigma protector. So what is your point?
One, no one ever said it was hard. I said they have the street cred because they've actually been elbow deep in the guts of this game and you're just spouting off at the mouth.

Two, and you're King Charles of England, and you have the actual shroud of Turin, oh... and you have a girlfriend who lives in Canada.

Dude, it's the fucking internet on a site where people are anonymous. Anyone can claim anything.

4.00 star(s) 361 Votes