Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Their plan of releasing 1/5 of the content every 2-3 months means its going to take over a year still to get the full tech update
That is fine, i mean (if they do it right*
Also if they keep adding small content along the way like 1-2 scene's here and there or a new girl just added...
I mean we have a mermaid in the game... why not something like elven girls from lotr inspired?...
or hp veela?...

we just need to wait 2-5 months to be able to evaluate exactly if ss corp is being smart
or a smart-ass... X)

jackpierce375

Sep 13, 2017
Why are people expecting an update dedicated to reworking the source code to have a bunch of content. Like, I get being unhappy about the lack of content itself, but how was anyone expecting anything else? Did people think it was going to be an update about a new hacker character when they heard "tech update"?
People weren't expecting new content with the release of the tech update, but the fact that almost the entirety of the content is gone after over 2 years of development is crazy.

WinniDex

Aug 4, 2020
I haven't worked with RenPy by myself, but Summertime Saga seems not to have the size to justify two years of development for a half finished tech update. I mean, what exactly did they do these two years? Rewrite RenPy entirely to transform the engine into something else?

Anyway, prepare for the next abandoned tag guys

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
This game is quite old. Development in hell. I'm really curious to see if anyone wants to update the mods after all this time.
If they're reallying using new tech, that should mean that currently the code is nice and clean, therefore easy to work with. If someone wanted to, it shouldn't be too hard to mod it right now.

RAP3R

Sep 23, 2018
Honestly, I am good with this. Contempt. I know the game will get back to where it once was, and I even think people are just upset it took so long for the game to be updated yet again. This update, if anything, feels just like it was done under pressure to release something after being given the Abandoned Tag. Pressure made worst by the people. I don't blame either side, really. I just wish more people would show some acceptance of what we did get here. Besides, when it comes to doing the other routes, I doubt Dark Cookie is going to rework them all from 0. Sure, art is a big maybe in that regard, but writing and other bits than can be re-used from the old version? That is another story. So, I have full faith that adding the other routes won't take as long as people fear it will.

Bababoooey

May 4, 2017
Why are people expecting an update dedicated to reworking the source code to have a bunch of content. Like, I get being unhappy about the lack of content itself, but how was anyone expecting anything else? Did people think it was going to be an update about a new hacker character when they heard "tech update"?
it's been in the works for around 3 years and now thats it's "come out" theres nothing in it still, only 2 routes.

RAP3R

Sep 23, 2018
Holy shit, people just love to throw hate for no reason at all... I'm sure most of those who complain here never paid a single penny for this game or any other. Just enjoy the update if you want it or just ignore it, it's an update of a beloved game, instead of enjoy it, people just love to throw bilis... It's not disapointig, it's just sad...

No wonder being a developer can become such a depressive work... Free players are never gonna be happy, no matter what the dev does...
I know right! At least we got something now. I am a free player, and I am not hating on this just because it took so long. Heck, I do not dare hate at all, because I have no right to hate, since I didn't pay anything. I will just download and enjoy the game, basking in nostalgia.

jackpierce375

Sep 13, 2017
Holy shit, people just love to throw hate for no reason at all... I'm sure most of those who complain here never paid a single penny for this game or any other. Just enjoy the update if you want it or just ignore it, it's an update of a beloved game, instead of enjoy it, people just love to throw bilis... It's not disapointig, it's just sad...

No wonder being a developer can become such a depressive work... Free players are never gonna be happy, no matter what the dev does...
I've been a $5 supporter since this game started and still am one. 2 years just for an "update" that only has 2 of the LI stories? There's reasons to show discontent, you just want to ignore them

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
Just an FYI, the Android version crashed twice during the first days' sequence at "college". I restarted after the first crash and get another scene or two into the story and it crashed again. Methinks to wait until a future update to see if the Android bugs get worked out... plus it appears that the available content is limited anyway.

It has some inconsistencies in the dialogue, storyline, and supporting text which seem to indicate a shift-in-progress to "age up" the characters... perhaps ahead of pending legislation in various jurisdictions and recently-enacted legislation. Might also be due to shifting policies on various hosting websites, I suppose. Not a terrible thing, but it will probably need some editing passes if implemented throughout the storyline.

Bookmarking for a later update...

4.00 star(s) 361 Votes