Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
anyone know what happened to the gallery unlocker
See #6 from my FAQ a week ago: #71,087. I also recommend #1
Has there been any new official updates, character art posts?
Not since 10 Jun. You know you can check yourself and then scroll through the posts here for the same date to see what the patreon message says, because people copy/paste here within the day. You can also search this thread for the headline of the patreon message... and find the copy post even quicker.

Dragon Ember

Nov 11, 2018
ya i get that issue everytime i go to the school
and dont know why and i havent used codes or nothing plz help with this issues with in game

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
average pay in america is 25-40 k a YEAR
Individual median income per year in the United States is $55,000-$60,000 - you are way off. Also, that is not relevant because that is including the person making $9 per hour at some burger joint in a small town and not game development. The average Lead Game Developer salary is about $150,000 per year. So, if you consider of that $$$ from Patreon, he pays business expenses (patreon fees, website hosting -- including paying for bandwidth covering Petabytes or Exabytes of data annually, taxes, etc, etc) and then salaries for the other staff -- DC isn't receiving something dramatically different than the average, particularly one who has more than a decade in the business. Ergo, your argument is not only off-topic, but completely off your rocker.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: <<Solaria>>

raif78

Oct 17, 2020
Individual median income per year in the United States is $55,000-$60,000 - you are way off. Also, that is not relevant because that is including the person making $9 per hour at some burger joint in a small town and not game development. The average Lead Game Developer salary is about $150,000 per year. So, if you consider of that $$$ from Patreon, he pays business expenses (patreon fees, website hosting -- including paying for bandwidth covering Petabytes or Exabytes of data annually, taxes, etc, etc) and then salaries for the other staff -- DC isn't receiving something dramatically different than the average, particularly one who has more than a decade in the business. Ergo, your argument is not only off-topic, but completely off your rocker.
You're not allowed to tell someone they are off their rocker in the same paragraph you suggest the dev is paying for petabytes of bandwidth (annually).

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You're not allowed to tell someone they are off their rocker in the same paragraph you suggest the dev is paying for petabytes of bandwidth (annually).
I will admit I went overboard with Exabytes (because I was going off the top of my head for counts) however, in terms of petabytes:

Game is available from the developer's website for free download for players:

The Win/Linux build is 1.1 GB (1.1x10^9)

The game has been played by over 100 million players over the years, downloaded from a variety of sources. If even just 1/10th of the downloads come from the official download location, that's at least 10 million downloads. The website has been up for 6 years. 10 million downloads / 6 years is 1.7 million (1.7x10^6) downloads per year on the average.

1.7x10^6 x 1.1x10^9 = 1.9x10^15

So, yes, it's not unthinkable to consider that DC is currently paying for hosting of uncapped download speeds for almost 2 petabytes per annum.
1687568073231.png

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

raif78

Oct 17, 2020
I will admit I went overboard with Exabytes (because I was going off the top of my head for counts) however, in terms of petabytes:

Game is available from the developer's website for free download for players:

The Win/Linux build is 1.1 GB (1.1x10^9)

The game has been played by over 100 million players over the years, downloaded from a variety of sources. If even just 1/10th of the downloads come from the official download location, that's at least 10 million downloads. The website has been up for 6 years. 10 million downloads / 6 years is 1.7 million (1.7x10^6) downloads per year on the average.

1.7x10^6 x 1.1x10^9 = 1.9x10^15

So, yes, it's not unthinkable to consider that DC is currently paying for hosting of uncapped download speeds for almost 2 petabytes per annum.
View attachment 2719335
Can you quote the source on any of your numbers? What makes you think that the game has been played by over 100 million people?

Reactions: <<Solaria>>
4.00 star(s) 367 Votes