Collection Video Sumthingextra69 Collection [2023-09-23] [SuMthinDiFrnt]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Ninjaperv

May 29, 2017
That's the one thing you need to remember about sumthindifrnt... He's got his own way of doing things, and that way can be pretty crappy. Between how heavily cuck or NTR based his work is, and his reliance on models made by other people, with rigging made by other people, and unoriginal audio. and how limited his actual fundamental animation abilities are, we're lucky any of his work is any good at all. He relies on the camera angles to hide clipping, he relies on the weird effects to hide poor key framing and poor animation, he uses the dialogue to hide the fact that he can't animate mouths or facial expressions all that well.

Just look at the trailer for NW2. What's not wasted on text and random shots of scenery is a hodgepodge of character models that don't fit together. That's part and parcel for all of his work. You'll have Elisabeth's cartoony style from Bioshock Infinite juxtaposed with the more realistic model of Cassie Cage from Mortal Kombat, one of whom will be fucking a giant, generic black guy, and the other fucking a kid who looks like he weighs about 45 pound soaking wet, is presented as in high school, but is about 3'6, sounds like a generic white guy trying to deepen his voice, and looks like the model was just grabbed off of a collection of free character models and then shrunk. Sum's work is a Frankenstein's monster that every once in a while isn't absolute shit.
I figured that the bad camera angles were to hide clipping or because he just didn't want to animate facial expressions. I can't really fault him for using models made by other people as a lot of the stuff I like has models made by Lord Aardvark. I think sumthingdifrnt uses mainly Lord Aardvark actually as his , , and videos seem to use them along with the ones too. His recent one as well and the in the NW2. But just because you use other models doesn't mean the video will come out bad. Some creators get better over time and expand their focus, but sumthindifrnt only improves on the frame rate and the poses, he still uses the same horrid camera angles, the same overused VO's, and the same crappy lighting. A good counter point is 26RegionSFM, he uses a lot of the same models as sumthindifrnt but you can actually see the action and there is a noticeable improvement in his new work compared to his old one.

Ninjaperv

May 29, 2017
I really hope the angles and effect are decent in NW2, at least in the trailer they are.
I hope you're right, and I think you are looking at the new trailer. I used to support him in the past. I'll wait to see if the new work shows that he's worth jumping back on to his bandwagon.

yep mostly dialog, terrible angles, weird effects, and he could be finishing the big thing instead of wasting time on this.
It's becoming pretty funny at this point

I like the new video of tifa, I know that the camera doesn't help much but for me it was good, I hope I do a project with tifa and minotaurs.
That's the annoying thing, he does good scenarios that are really hot and he has done good work. I hope the new one is his best and that he improves.

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
NW2 trailer shows promise, this was clearly rushed to just give people something. Hopefully Feb release is still happening.

sapo88

May 8, 2017
I hope you're right, and I think you are looking at the new trailer. I used to support him in the past. I'll wait to see if the new work shows that he's worth jumping back on to his bandwagon.

It's becoming pretty funny at this point

That's the annoying thing, he does good scenarios that are really hot and he has done good work. I hope the new one is his best and that he improves.
ahahhahaha good one

helion02

Aug 9, 2017
yep mostly dialog, terrible angles, weird effects, and he could be finishing the big thing instead of wasting time on this.
It's not that bad.

People keep bothering him to at least put some shorts out, so that's what he did here. It probably didn't take him long to do this.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
It's not that bad.

People keep bothering him to at least put some shorts out, so that's what he did here. It probably didn't take him long to do this.
It is that bad. Just look at the model he's using, Tifa's breasts look like they're about to detach from her torso. He wasn't even able to hide the fact that they pretty much just float on top of her chest instead of being attached to it. People are pressuring him to actually work on content and show it, not to just push shit out. If you want shit just pushed out donate to LordAardvark's patreon... or just go take a dump and call it Tifa randomly fucking a minotaur.

fewn

Feb 3, 2018
When I saw the animation.......mehhh 7,5/10
But the model of Tifa and minotaur wow now that's 10/10

Then I ask my self why the hell that sum doesn't make a good 5-10 minutes video with this model with story ?

Reactions: Svein

helion02

Aug 9, 2017
It is that bad. Just look at the model he's using, Tifa's breasts look like they're about to detach from her torso. He wasn't even able to hide the fact that they pretty much just float on top of her chest instead of being attached to it. People are pressuring him to actually work on content and show it, not to just push shit out. If you want shit just pushed out donate to LordAardvark's patreon... or just go take a dump and call it Tifa randomly fucking a minotaur.
So last point first, I do t really know why you're going at lordaardvark's stuff. He puts in a shit ton of effort. Even if it doesn't turn out as well as other creators, he still does good work. His rabbit hole series is quite good, or the auction house one with elizabeth.

Second, I honestly never noticed the issue with the models, maybe because I'm on mobile, and also because I not really looking too closely at the models and animations. Having said that, evej when you pointed it out, i still don't mind it, but to each his own, I guess.

The only issue I have with sum is that he isn't communicative. He takes too long to let people know what's going on.

There actually are people, even in this thread, that are calling him a scammer, because he's taking too much time to put out a long animation.

That's just how I see it though, feel free to disagree.

tevinbanks10

May 10, 2019
Hopefully others will agree but shortly after the release of NW2, I think a poll should be held for the continuation of some of our favorite shorts such as "X-MAS Helper", "Jungle Savior", "Yennefer and BBC" etc. especially before Sum gets back to work on another full project.

fewn

Feb 3, 2018
Hopefully others will agree but shortly after the release of NW2, I think a poll should be held for the continuation of some of our favorite shorts such as "X-MAS Helper", "Jungle Savior", "Yennefer and BBC" etc. especially before Sum gets back to work on another full project.
I agree but actually I prefer sum make monster with female video. Likes resident evil, K9 mission, and that new tifa video. But well sum the one who create it as long as sum make a video I still happy.

Mc2k14

Jan 19, 2018
so Sum said end of Feb....so do we think we will see NW2 by next Saturday
Unlikely, his track record as of late has proven he's full of delays. Dude will milk at least 1 more month. I'd expect it first week to mid March. I wouldnt rely on his projected release dates.

Reactions: Mirnation
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes