Mod Ren'Py Sunshine Love [Ch.1 v1.00, Ch.2 v1.01i, & Ch.3 v1.01i] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ch2 v1.01i Extras)
SL SM R01a.jpg SL SM R01b.jpg SL SM R01c.jpg
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Mentions: JennaJJ

Last edited:

dodgingnoir

Feb 11, 2022
Sancho1969 Thank you for all the hard work and dedication you put into your mods sir! The builtin walk-trough is exceptional for following the various endings and your gallery is like manna from the heavens especially on games that don't have one enabled.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Thank you for all the hard work and dedication you put into your mods sir! The builtin walk-trough is exceptional for following the various endings and your gallery is like manna from the heavens especially on games that don't have one enabled.
Thank you for the kind words. There's more than a dozen devs that have requested I give them the gallery code... but it's one feature of the mod that is my personal pride and joy so I periodically consult them how to "catch fish" but I won't simply hand them the fish (feed a man for a day, or feed them forever kinda thing).

Otherwise getting some of these updates out as fast as I can is due to the behind the scenes grateful assistance of various friends and colleagues who supply me early files, and/or the dev teams directly (many I work with on a semi-daily basis). This particular VN's new update is the first time I'm working with a few on the dev team. We are still getting to know each other but I expect that relationship to prosper soon enough as have with the other dev teams I work with.

This all results in a better product for VN fans regardless of whether they prefer to use a mod or not. A proper, less buggy release pattern is always better than the alternative. It promotes confidence in the team as well as satisfaction of the end user base.

... imho of course.

Regards.

Pirothea

Mar 4, 2019
how do you change 'S' name in your gallery CH2 mod, would like to change it to my playthrough name

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
how do you change 'S' name in your gallery CH2 mod, would like to change it to my playthrough name
SanchoGallery uses whatever the characters were last set while in-game (whether you used the VN's tablet or SanchoCheats doesn't matter, they do the same thing in theory but just different coding methods).

Pirothea

Mar 4, 2019
SanchoGallery uses whatever the characters were last set while in-game (whether you used the VN's tablet or SanchoCheats doesn't matter, they do the same thing in theory but just different coding methods).
well if that's the case then something is wrong see SS attached

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
well if that's the case then something is wrong see SS attached
Dunno, works on my end, I renamed her "Candy" in game (via SanchoCheats FWIW):

SanchoGallery:
1692228370736.png

VN's Gallery:
1692228399745.png

BTW, you can tell the difference between SanchoGallery and the VN's via if the QuickMenu is available (it's not in SanchoGallery by design) and the dialogue box (SanchoGallery will keep whichever dialogue box you had set in-game, the VN's scene gallery doesn't). What does yours do with the VN's scene gallery (same scene)?

Pirothea

Mar 4, 2019
Dunno, works on my end, I renamed her "Candy" in game (via SanchoCheats FWIW):

SanchoGallery:
View attachment 2856576

VN's Gallery:
View attachment 2856577

BTW, you can tell the difference between SanchoGallery and the VN's via if the QuickMenu is available (it's not in SanchoGallery by design) and the dialogue box (SanchoGallery will keep whichever dialogue box you had set in-game, the VN's scene gallery doesn't). What does yours do with the VN's scene gallery (same scene)?
this is the Games SceneReplay Gallery

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
this is the Games SceneReplay Gallery
The only way that should be possible according to the VN's code is if that replay you just posted was while in-game (from the tablet) and NOT at the Main Menu.... otherwise her name would be exactly the same. This leads me to believe that the name "Sara" is being picked up in-game from a save xfer and you've never changed her name in either the Tablet or SanchoCheats. To verify, while in-game using either the Tablet or SanchoCheats (doesn't matter with renaming, they do the same thing just differently) choose to rename her but leave her name the same "Sara". This will set her name's persistent variable and should now work using either scene gallery while not in-game (from the Main Menu's "Scenes" VN gallery or SanchoGallery).

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
i saw on previous chapters like 1 and 2 exist mods, for ch3 is not or i am wrong and exist too?
Chapter 3 has only just been released and Sancho hasn't been active for the past 5 - 6 days so he probably doesn't even know that there is a new chapter yet.
Not sure if he's taking a bit of time off, or if he's on vacation or something...

Reactions: WhiteWolf34Uk

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello!

Well, yep, IRL has thrown some massively expensive and critical curve balls at me lately. Wildfires, tropical storm, heat wave, historic drought, etc... they all take a toll on my properties, my family, and my employees... all of which are my obvious main priority. So, lately is the first time in over two years I haven't been logged into the site and working on code 7 days per week.

Folks will have to bear with me during this phase, life is more important and I must protect my assets. Hopefully that makes sense but know that SanchoMod is immortal due to the "SaveFixer" for those who lack a bit of patience.

I've now logged into a site with more PM's and alerts that I can tackle at once so give me time to sort through all the mods/VN's that require attention so I can prioritize my workflow. This is going to be a riot.... need more coffee for this one :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
See post here for folks wanting to import Ch2's SanchoModded file inside an unmodded Ch3. This should alleviate any concerns on whether you used SanchoMod or not (it doesn't matter at all). Just an FYI... you're good to go either way... play Ch3 unmodded or wait for me to get the code typed for Ch3.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here's some teasers of the initial framework of the mod being ported to Ch3 (only 1 hour in so far... good progress):
SL SM R03a1.jpg SL SM R03a2.jpg SL SM R03a3.jpg

I've obviously rewritten the "Max Everything" import option and need to verify it's solid but it was much easier this time than last since I recently updated that code for the end of Ch2's mod update.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoGallery populated:
1693240324033.png

I started the ChoiceGuide but then realized I need to go back and insure your imported alt-character names populate into the gallery scenes. They do NOT in the unmodded VN (I thought they did before but they don't) so I sort that. I've notified the dev team with this and a few other minor bugs... I've nothing serious yet but won't really know until I fully populate the ChoiceGuide.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes