Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Super Powered: Better Experience [v1.11] [Anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Edit: I think this is a problem specifically with this mod's "college available during the week" option.
Thanks, I'll look at this. It's possible that I messed with the conditions or forget to check one.

I mean... I had no problem loading from 0.3701 to 0.3800 with this mod.
And there isn't, at least not one I know. He shown me the traceback in PM, and the problem seem to be linked to some "corruption" coming from another mod. It's the same kind of problem that previously with the SFC mod, so I should normally be able to deal with it and make my mod compatible.

Reactions: khumak
Oct 5, 2017
I mean... I had no problem loading from 0.3701 to 0.3800 with this mod.
Try this.

Load your game from the previous version. Make a save in both the livingroom and on Billy's bedroom. Put those 2 saves on hold anywhere safe.

Go to your Renpy folder, delete all superpowered folders.
Download a fresh latest version of superpowered and then this mod, install normally. Place your save from 0.37 into the new 0.38 save folder.

Worked for me.
thanks. i'll give that a try

May 10, 2017
I get this error when I try to have lunch with Samantha (part of her fetish quest)

I don't have any other mods installed - but I am using a compressed version of the game.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/AONmodST.rpy", line 497, in script
    if sam.fetishstep < 6 and sam.corruption >= sam.fetishstep * 5:
  File "game/AONmodST.rpy", line 499, in <module>
    elif sam.corruption >= char.fetishstep * 5:
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'fetishstep'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "locations/loc_school.rpyc", line 1427, in script call
  File "game/AONmodST.rpy", line 497, in script
    if sam.fetishstep < 6 and sam.corruption >= sam.fetishstep * 5:
  File "Z:\games\superpowered\SuperPowered_v0.38.00-win-compressed\SuperPowered_v0.38.00-win-compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "Z:\games\superpowered\SuperPowered_v0.38.00-win-compressed\SuperPowered_v0.38.00-win-compressed\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "Z:\games\superpowered\SuperPowered_v0.38.00-win-compressed\SuperPowered_v0.38.00-win-compressed\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/AONmodST.rpy", line 499, in <module>
    elif sam.corruption >= char.fetishstep * 5:
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'fetishstep'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SP 0.38.00
Tue Jan 21 07:21:25 2020
I changed char.fetishstep in line 499 to sam.fetishstep and it doesn't error anymore. Not totally sure if that's a legit fix or not.

Jan 11, 2018
This is as strange of a bug as could possible be, but during launch, night patrol (and some other occasions I dont remember) I get a "no cd inserted" error O___O
Playing previous version, in the middle of downloading new one, but just in case...anyone EVER got something as strange as this?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
thanks. i'll give that a try
Difficult to test it myself, because the RadioActivity mod isn't up to date yet, but I think that I found the solution (partly based on RadioPassivity). Can you add the attached file to the game (put it in the "SuperPowered/game/" directory, where the "AONmod.rpy" file already is) and tell me if it works or if there's still problems ?

I get this error when I try to have lunch with Samantha (part of her fetish quest)
[...]
I changed char.fetishstep in line 499 to sam.fetishstep and it doesn't error anymore. Not totally sure if that's a legit fix or not.
It's the legit fix. I copy/pasted the code for other characters, and forget to change one char into sam :(

The college still works while that option is enabled as well but only if you remember to select a mode of transportation first and sometimes it will default to nothing and then crash.
As I thought it was my fault. I forgot to check an option before showing the college.

This is as strange of a bug as could possible be, but during launch, night patrol (and some other occasions I dont remember) I get a "no cd inserted" error O___O
Er... I totally fail to see what can be the problem. Neither my mod, the game, nor even Ren'py, ever check the CD reader.
My guess is that time to time Ren'py works with fully quantified path to a file, and this path appear to be the one leading to you CD reader. But why, and from where it come, I have no idea :/

I'll wait to know if the error encountered by leeg197736 is effectively fixed or not, before publishing an update that will also correct the other problems.

Oct 5, 2017
Difficult to test it myself, because the RadioActivity mod isn't up to date yet, but I think that I found the solution (partly based on RadioPassivity). Can you add the attached file to the game (put it in the "SuperPowered/game/" directory, where the "AONmod.rpy" file already is) and tell me if it works or if there's still problems ?

It's the legit fix. I copy/pasted the code for other characters, and forget to change one char into sam :(

As I thought it was my fault. I forgot to check an option before showing the college.

Er... I totally fail to see what can be the problem. Neither my mod, the game, nor even Ren'py, ever check the CD reader.
My guess is that time to time Ren'py works with fully quantified path to a file, and this path appear to be the one leading to you CD reader. But why, and from where it come, I have no idea :/

I'll wait to know if the error encountered by leeg197736 is effectively fixed or not, before publishing an update that will also correct the other problems.
the game now works for me with older save. i have noticed the cheat option in the menu has gone (the one with kobiyashi) and the clock that allows you move time forward from the main screen when Billy is at home isnt there now :)

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Change log for the 1.04a update :

• Fixed - A bug in the lunch scene for Samantha fetish quest ;
  • Fixed - A bug when trying to access college when no transportation mode is selected ;
  • Fixed - The mod should now be able to natively load save made by using the RadioActivity mod.
    Note: this is still a work in progress, don't hesitate to inform me in case of errors.

Darin68

Jan 4, 2018
I can't get the game to run with your Mod, keep getting an error about Hulk-out

After loading the script.
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'int'

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\main.py", line 415, in main
if renpy.parser.report_parse_errors():
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\parser.py", line 2787, in report_parse_errors
renpy.display.error.report_parse_errors(full_text, error_fn)
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\display\error.py", line 187, in report_parse_errors
error_fn=error_fn,
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\game.py", line 281, in invoke_in_new_context
return callable(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\display\error.py", line 45, in call_exception_screen
return renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", suppress_overlay=True, suppress_underlay=True)
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3350, in interact_core
self.quit_event()
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2376, in quit_event
renpy.exports.take_screenshot()
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1599, in take_screenshot
renpy.game.interface.take_screenshot(scale, background=background)
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2122, in take_screenshot
surf = renpy.display.scale.smoothscale(surf, scale)
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\display\scale.py", line 95, in real_smoothscale
dest = pgrender.surface_unscaled(size, src)
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 118, in surface
surf = Surface((width + 4, height + 4), 0, sample)
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'int'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092

Thu Jan 23 18:19:50 2020

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v03504-win\SuperPowered_v0.35.04-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
Well, apparently the backward compatibility don't works :( Not really sure why, and I don't think that I still have this version to investigate.

Use it with the last version (0.38.00), it should solve your problem.

Darin68

Jan 4, 2018
Well, apparently the backward compatibility don't works :( Not really sure why, and I don't think that I still have this version to investigate.

Use it with the last version (0.38.00), it should solve your problem.
ok, tried with 0.38, but the game will not load now

While running game code:
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 4132, in script
init 1002 python:
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 4142, in <module>
REALcan_hulkOut = can_hulkOut
NameError: name 'can_hulkOut' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 4132, in script
init 1002 python:
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.38.00-win\SuperPowered_v0.38.00-win\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\JG\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.38.00-win\SuperPowered_v0.38.00-win\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SP 0.29.00
Sat Jan 25 12:56:52 2020

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hmm... The can_hulkOut function come from the original game, and is created way before this part of my mod is proceeded.

Either you don't have the full game for whatever reason, or you are using another mod that removed this function. But if this part was breaking the game, Leeg197736 would have noticed when he beta-tested it ; and there's no reason for it to works with one person, and not with all the other, except the two I listed above.

Darin68

Jan 4, 2018
Hmm... The can_hulkOut function come from the original game, and is created way before this part of my mod is proceeded.

Either you don't have the full game for whatever reason, or you are using another mod that removed this function. But if this part was breaking the game, Leeg197736 would have noticed when he beta-tested it ; and there's no reason for it to works with one person, and not with all the other, except the two I listed above.
ty, I'll try re-downloading the game, see if that fixes it.

poovey

Mar 19, 2018
First off I'd like to give thanks for creating this mod. It makes the gameplay far more palatable and the scenes tracker is incredibly useful for seeing the many variant scenes.

There is one issue that I'd like to report in regards to the the scene tracker though; the progress of the stand-alone section resets upon restarting the game. I haven't tested all of the scenes in that section, but it appears to be the case for - the Mischief, Nightwatch, School job, and a few of the NCHDL plots.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
There is one issue that I'd like to report in regards to the the scene tracker though; the progress of the stand-alone section resets upon restarting the game. I haven't tested all of the scenes in that section, but it appears to be the case for - the Mischief, Nightwatch, School job, and a few of the NCHDL plots.
Hm... The scene tracker isn't designed to stay between games, just between saves. You'll keep the count of the scene you've seen when loading a save file, but if you restart the game, the scene tracker should be reset for all the characters.
From my point of view it's more useful like this, since the mod make it possible to see all the scenes in a single play. This way if, for some reason, you start a new play, you can know what you've done and what you haven't.

The last updates made it that two scenes can't be seen without restarting a new play, but I'm not sure if it's enough to change this behavior. It's only 0.2% of the scenes, so it don't have a big impact. And, like the description of the scenes warn you about this, you can save right before the choice, to see both while still keeping a single play.

I'll perhaps change that if the percent of scenes that need a new play start to grow, but I don't think that it will. Here it's a really particular case. All the other NCHDL plots can be replayed, but not this one. By example, there isn't just one peeping tom in the school, nor just one guy who tried to stole the answer for the exam. And like the story change a little depending of the scene and who assist Billy, it still feel right and the story stay coherent even when replaying the scene.
But this plot is a main key of the story, and replaying it would make absolutely no sense. That's the only reason why the two scenes can't be seen.

All this said, it's possible to make this optional ; either keeping the count "isolated", or making it global and kept from game to game, instead of just save to save. But is it really worth it ?

poovey

Mar 19, 2018
Ah, that wasn't exactly what I meant. The progress is reset in the stand-alone section upon exiting and opening the game, after loading a save. I didn't mean when restarting the game for a new playthrough, but restarting the game executable.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The progress is reset in the stand-alone section upon exiting and opening the game, after loading a save.
It's reset to what is was when the save was made, no ? Or do you mean that it's totally reset ?

poovey

Mar 19, 2018
It's reset to what is was when the save was made, no ? Or do you mean that it's totally reset ?
It's totally reset. I would complete some scenes, check the scene tracker to confirm that the scene is flagged as complete, save the game, and then exit game. The next time I start the game and load the save, it is reset back to 0/28. As mentioned, it seems to only happen with that one stand-alone section.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
It's totally reset. I would complete some scenes, check the scene tracker to confirm that the scene is flagged as complete, save the game, and then exit game. The next time I start the game and load the save, it is reset back to 0/28. As mentioned, it seems to only happen with that one stand-alone section.
Grrr... I'll ask just in case : Don't you have an idea of the possible cause ?

I'll end finding why and solve this, but... well, I haven't yet :( Is there really isn't someone else that encounter this problem ?

poovey

Mar 19, 2018
Grrr... I'll ask just in case : Don't you have an idea of the possible cause ?

I'll end finding why and solve this, but... well, I haven't yet :( Is there really isn't someone else that encounter this problem ?
I've got no clue what's causing it. I do know that it still occurs for me with a fresh copy of the game, after uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it, using the default settings. It also still happens with new game playthroughs.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote