Mnemnosyne

Oct 14, 2018
So, this feels less like a game and more like a gallery of poorly-curated image choices. Every scene seems to have a half dozen images attached to it, as though the creator had the images generated in batches of 6-12 or so and, instead of choosing the best image from the set (and perhaps iterating on it a few times) as is necessary to get good output, they instead decided to just include all the images simultaneously.

Actually no, that's not even it, because of the change of style. It's obvious the various images in each scene were done with multiple checkpoints and loras, rather than keeping a single consistent art style by using the same checkpoint/lora throughout the game.

Like, I'm not complaining about the use of AI itself...just poorly used AI images.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ArturiousDesign

kwasimoto

May 31, 2018
So, this feels less like a game and more like a gallery of poorly-curated image choices. Every scene seems to have a half dozen images attached to it, as though the creator had the images generated in batches of 6-12 or so and, instead of choosing the best image from the set (and perhaps iterating on it a few times) as is necessary to get good output, they instead decided to just include all the images simultaneously.

Actually no, that's not even it, because of the change of style. It's obvious the various images in each scene were done with multiple checkpoints and loras, rather than keeping a single consistent art style by using the same checkpoint/lora throughout the game.

Like, I'm not complaining about the use of AI itself...just poorly used AI images.
I'd even expect the creator of AI AVN to edit the visuals manually... I mean come on, you have Canary flying in the clouds and some other unexplained flying superwomen floating around... you could at least erase them.

I would put much more effort into refining the AI pictures, that is some kind of minimal human interaction at this point.

boobman7

Jan 16, 2018
OMG THIS ARTWORK IS SO FUCKING HAWT! AI or not. MORE MORE MORE! GODESSESS! strong, thick sexy and fucking rock hard cocks. big tits. bimbos with massive cocks! the perfect women. lol

Reactions: NIK Harami

boobman7

Jan 16, 2018
if you like steak. and you eat it. and then someone tells you it was chicken THE WHOLE TIME! would it matter? you cant unlike something even though you think its different but already enjoyed it. if i stare at a women cause shes hot and then my buddy says "thats a trans" ill still hold my first opinion. knowing its a dude doesnt mean he's not attractive as a female. so my point here is "cause im certain WEVE ALL been waiting for the days" is that AI or not if the art is good enjoy it! cause AI is pretty amazing and i think its only getting better. the more its trained on art styles we like the more and more content we will have. the past few years i have noticed a MAJOR decline in quality games. hoping that AI can help re invigorate and speed up the process of artwork and writing so maybe MORE people with BETTER ideas can start cranking out games. because AI can even handle coding... to some degree.

Reactions: observer80

NIK Harami

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2018
image (34).png Version 0.2 is released:

Last edited:

Yotsuyu

Nov 2, 2017
I can def tell you're not an artist. You have NO idea what you're talking about lmao!
One doesn't need to be an artist to recognize how samey every single Daz project here is lol. Least AI can imitate other artstyles. Just gotta ignore the 3rd arm :KEK:

In all seriousness though, ideally, those flaws will go away as AI improves. Meanwhile, Daz will continue to look exactly the same every time since that's a person choosing to make it that way.

observer80

Jul 8, 2017
if you like steak. and you eat it. and then someone tells you it was chicken THE WHOLE TIME! would it matter? you cant unlike something even though you think its different but already enjoyed it. if i stare at a women cause shes hot and then my buddy says "thats a trans" ill still hold my first opinion. knowing its a dude doesnt mean he's not attractive as a female. so my point here is "cause im certain WEVE ALL been waiting for the days" is that AI or not if the art is good enjoy it! cause AI is pretty amazing and i think its only getting better. the more its trained on art styles we like the more and more content we will have. the past few years i have noticed a MAJOR decline in quality games. hoping that AI can help re invigorate and speed up the process of artwork and writing so maybe MORE people with BETTER ideas can start cranking out games. because AI can even handle coding... to some degree.

In the last 3 or 4 years, going back to pre COVID era, I hate to say it but many of my favorite artists have REALLY gotten lazy and many of them have resulted to half assing and just uploading the same image, altered 200 times and calling it a "gallery".

AI art in late 2023 was overall pretty bad but we are midway through 2024 and there is some amazing Anime/Cartoon accurate stuff out there!

A lot of people are against AI art because they feel it's screwing over the real artists but to be brutally honest? The real artists had been a letdown for quite a while and many of them have just been mooching the patreon money while doing the bare minimum output.

Also, too many artists have been focusing on just what is current, especially when it comes to anime. NOBODY bothers at any real extent to commit to anything 1980's-2005 yet people are acting pissy because AI is stealing away the content that the artists weren't creating anyway!

Also commissions are going to quickly become archaic and bullshit at this rate unless you are getting something from a very well known artist. Paying $100-$400 a page is going to look stupid when AI can fart out 50-200 images on the fly and you get the stuff the artists don't want to draw anyway!

The downside of AI: It's taking away from the great artists and yeah, people are going to try and mooch money with it but there is still plenty of places to find free stuff.

The upside of AI: You don't have to wait 20 FUCKING YEARS!!! For a human being to make the gallery you want and if AI screws over the dead beat artists who don't update for months/years or they do only enough to let people know they are alive while taking in $4000-$5000 a month? Then good! Screw em! They have been riding this gravy train for too long!

end rant.

Reactions: boobman7

boobman7

Jan 16, 2018
In the last 3 or 4 years, going back to pre COVID era, I hate to say it but many of my favorite artists have REALLY gotten lazy and many of them have resulted to half assing and just uploading the same image, altered 200 times and calling it a "gallery".

AI art in late 2023 was overall pretty bad but we are midway through 2024 and there is some amazing Anime/Cartoon accurate stuff out there!

A lot of people are against AI art because they feel it's screwing over the real artists but to be brutally honest? The real artists had been a letdown for quite a while and many of them have just been mooching the patreon money while doing the bare minimum output.

Also, too many artists have been focusing on just what is current, especially when it comes to anime. NOBODY bothers at any real extent to commit to anything 1980's-2005 yet people are acting pissy because AI is stealing away the content that the artists weren't creating anyway!

Also commissions are going to quickly become archaic and bullshit at this rate unless you are getting something from a very well known artist. Paying $100-$400 a page is going to look stupid when AI can fart out 50-200 images on the fly and you get the stuff the artists don't want to draw anyway!

The downside of AI: It's taking away from the great artists and yeah, people are going to try and mooch money with it but there is still plenty of places to find free stuff.

The upside of AI: You don't have to wait 20 FUCKING YEARS!!! For a human being to make the gallery you want and if AI screws over the dead beat artists who don't update for months/years or they do only enough to let people know they are alive while taking in $4000-$5000 a month? Then good! Screw em! They have been riding this gravy train for too long!

end rant.
that. AND we know damn well these same artists will use ai too. no way around it. think about it they are still artists, they can even take ai and edit it further if need be. make up for any discrepancies in the generations. itll still shorten their workload. its going to be used whether anyone likes it or not is the point. i think it will be much more powerful in the artists hands actually they should be embracing it. they will use it and still mooch off of people. lol. and some will use it and make extensive games art gallerys as you suggest. all in all both will use it draw over it etc. thats my takeaway.

Reactions: observer80
2.30 star(s) 6 Votes