Juraj_SVK

Aug 21, 2018
With this update we got night vision so, as it stands, we only have 1 power confirmed which means that so far without that metal suit he'd be utterly useless.

I might be blind, but where/when does he use it? I don't think I've seen him do something like that.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
With this update we got night vision so, as it stands, we only have 1 power confirmed which means that so far without that metal suit he'd be utterly useless.

I might be blind, but where/when does he use it? I don't think I've seen him do something like that.
This update, Chrys phases him out of his suit into a pitch black room, he can see clearly but she can't see anything.

It's a major story event, only missable if you skipped the text.

Juraj_SVK

Aug 21, 2018
This update, Chrys phases him out of his suit into a pitch black room, he can see clearly but she can't see anything.

It's a major story event, only missable if you skipped the text.
Yeah, thanks. I missed the event somehow, because I thought there was nothing left after I finished all the things for all girls, thanks :)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, thanks. I missed the event somehow, because I thought there was nothing left after I finished all the things for all girls, thanks :)
yea game says end of content even there is things to do but you can still do it on next patrol day.

ios123

Oct 26, 2017
what are the 2 repeatable Riley scenes? I just wanna to ask if I missed anything. Thanks

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
what are the 2 repeatable Riley scenes? I just wanna to ask if I missed anything. Thanks
Downstairs shower, BJ, upstairs bathroom, sex scene.

Can't remember the times though but those are the rooms i've found.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Superheroes Suck v0.80.1public.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 24.05.2021 (v0.80.1public)

Last edited:

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I am calling it right here, MC's power is Reactive Evolution.

MC's body gives him whatever power he needs for a situation. Ala the X-man Darwin
He can't control it because it's his body making the choice on how best to evolve a response to a situation he can't solve any other way.

Same thing happened to Darwin, he fought The Hulk during the World War Hulk event. Darwin thinks his body is going to give him super strength to go toe to toe with the big green beast, but instead it decides the only way to beat The Hulk is to not be there and gives Darwin teleportation powers and immediately activates them to teleport Darwin's ass 3 states away. xD

In the prologue, it was a shield to stop being crushed to death,
In this update, its night vision to see.
Reason it didn't activate in other situations is because he had ways to deal with those, no power was needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: BadBear

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I am calling it right here, MC's power is Reactive Evolution.

MC's body gives him whatever power he needs for a situation. Ala the X-man Darwin
He can't control it because it's his body making the choice on how best to evolve a response to a situation he can't solve any other way.

Same thing happened to Darwin, he fought The Hulk during the World War Hulk event. Darwin thinks his body is going to give him super strength to go toe to toe with the big green beast, but instead it decides the only way to beat The Hulk is to not be there and gives Darwin teleportation powers and immediately activates them to teleport Darwin's ass 3 states away. xD

In the prologue, it was a shield to stop being crushed to death,
In this update, its night vision to see.
Reason it didn't activate in other situations is because he had ways to deal with those, no power was needed.

Interesting concept.

We can't know if the power turned off once he left the darkness or if it will go on when he wants it too since the game ended right then.

The more questioning part is that MC walked around the school in the evening a lot and it was pretty lit up,was that just the lighting by the dev to make scenes or a nod to him having that power? Makes me question if he just got it or if he just never noticed because it was normal during his time in the school.

I would argue though that when Missus Powell threw a heavy metal bench at his head he didn't really have a way to "deal" with that, unless it was more of an unseen power where it toughened him up to be able to not die at that moment.

Also it wasn't like his life was on the line and he needed to see, so why would that trigger then and not any of the other times he may have needed something as mundane?

Juraj_SVK

Aug 21, 2018
I'm thinking something more like Adaptation.

Since we only saw MC use his powers twice. First was when he somehow blocked the car with some kind of shield or barrier or something, and second time when he was in complete darkness.

When he used his powers 1st time, he needed something to protect himself and (dammit I forgot her name). So he made a barrier around them. Then, when he appeared in the dark basement or whatever, he subconsciously adapted to the darkness, and managed to see without any problems.

Now the question is, why didn't his powers appear sometime else? Lke when he was fighting Lovestruck(?), God I'm terrible with names

Reactions: The ArcKnight

ciberma7865

Jan 13, 2020
I agree with the theory for adaptation :
the mc is first able to create a barrier, then he has a physical change his penis changed (you can go to the bathroom in the morning after Valentina accept to become your fitness instructor(or it's the next morning) and have a scene where he says that it is bigger that it was). After that there is the time where he is beat up by Riley and leave without injuries or broken bone. You can add the rapid grow of body (less than two month to be in top form for a former smoker is really short) and I think the fact that he got no allergie can be see as a side effect of his power. Finally he is became able to see in the dark. All of that make me think that the power of MC is at least adaptation
Ps: Love the game can't wait to see where it go next.

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018

Interesting concept.

We can't know if the power turned off once he left the darkness or if it will go on when he wants it too since the game ended right then.

The more questioning part is that MC walked around the school in the evening a lot and it was pretty lit up,was that just the lighting by the dev to make scenes or a nod to him having that power? Makes me question if he just got it or if he just never noticed because it was normal during his time in the school.

I would argue though that when Missus Powell threw a heavy metal bench at his head he didn't really have a way to "deal" with that, unless it was more of an unseen power where it toughened him up to be able to not die at that moment.

Also it wasn't like his life was on the line and he needed to see, so why would that trigger then and not any of the other times he may have needed something as mundane?
I think it is more like his subconsciousness/body/power activating to give him a power if he needs it and has no other way to overcome the situation. Hence why his power activates rarely and only after a great stressor.

In the first episode, when MC had no training/conditioning, he (and this cute new girl), were saved from being pancaked by his power, giving him a temporary weak shielding to halt the flung car.

I think it didn't activate when Miss Powell threw a desk at him because MC's body had already undergone serious conditioning/training at that point, so when the desk was flung, his body/subconsciousness/power could tell it wouldn't seriously hurt him, so no power was needed. Same thing with Lovestruck, he never got any noticeable power because he didn't actually need anything to defeat the situation as proven by him beating her.

Then again, MC also never noticed he had night vision, so who knows what his ability actually did for him in other situations.

Reason why it would activate in the most recent episode?
As Mrs. Powell said, powers can be activated by heightened stress (re: Adrenaline), hence the desk experiment.
So when Chrys phased him both through the ground and out of his VERY protective suit, it probably caused him to freak, adrenaline spiking, activating his power. When activated, it realized the only thing MC couldn't do on his own in this situation was see, so it corrected that. I think the same thing would happen if MC drowned, he'd develop gills. Currently, his powers are weak, so it gives him just enough to squeak by.

Its reactive evolution aka adaptation
A stupidly powerful ability, but also limited because until he has to adapt to something, he's just a dude.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I think it is more like his subconsciousness/body/power activating to give him a power if he needs it and has no other way to overcome the situation. Hence why his power activates rarely and only after a great stressor.

In the first episode, when MC had no training/conditioning, he (and this cute new girl), were saved from being pancaked by his power, giving him a temporary weak shielding to halt the flung car.

I think it didn't activate when Miss Powell threw a desk at him because MC's body had already undergone serious conditioning/training at that point, so when the desk was flung, his body/subconsciousness/power could tell it wouldn't seriously hurt him, so no power was needed. Same thing with Lovestruck, he never got any noticeable power because he didn't actually need anything to defeat the situation as proven by him beating her.

Then again, MC also never noticed he had night vision, so who knows what his ability actually did for him in other situations.

Reason why it would activate in the most recent episode?
As Mrs. Powell said, powers can be activated by heightened stress (re: Adrenaline), hence the desk experiment.
So when Chrys phased him both through the ground and out of his VERY protective suit, it probably caused him to freak, adrenaline spiking, activating his power. When activated, it realized the only thing MC couldn't do on his own in this situation was see, so it corrected that. I think the same thing would happen if MC drowned, he'd develop gills. Currently, his powers are weak, so it gives him just enough to squeak by.

Its reactive evolution aka adaptation
A stupidly powerful ability, but also limited because until he has to adapt to something, he's just a dude.

He took a weight lifting bench on the chin thrown by a person with super strength. That directly would kill or at least break the neck of any person without powers to make them sturdy. Necks don't do well when fast and heavy metal objects move the head in weird ways.

With his first meeting of lovestruck he fell from the roof and thought he would pancake and die because the armor was forced to malfunction, only reason he didn't was Riley.

Both of these times seem like they would be a trigger for a stress related power function. During the bench throw he did think he reached something but that could have just been his thinking something happened.

He didn't know he was outside his suit though. He could see it and then realized he was to the side of it. So the power kicked in before he knew consciously what happened.

One major reason I don't think it is Adaptation is because if you look at some of the others they are multi-powered. Riley can fly but also is super strong, she can throw people around like a joke or carry MC in his suit without a care. That shows her having at least 2 powers. So it is just as likely that MC has multiple powers as it is adaptive.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Spanish Translation updated / Traducción al español actualizada - v0.70.6

https://f95zone.to/threads/superheroes-suck-v0-70-6-public-solace.50772/post-3655636

A couple of suggestions for Knight of Solace:
1.- give the MC a default name. Right now, if you don't type anything at the start the name will remain blank, which is odd. Most games have this function implemented so I guess it would be an easy fix
2.- I've noticed that you have coded mobile sounds in certain scenes (you even credit the author), but I've never heard them because the music is always playing in the background (and I have all sound channels on). Myabe you should try using play audio instead of play sound, although I'm not an expert

Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Spanish Translation updated / Traducción al español actualizada - v0.70.6

https://f95zone.to/threads/superheroes-suck-v0-70-6-public-solace.50772/post-3655636

A couple of suggestions for Knight of Solace:
1.- give the MC a default name. Right now, if you don't type anything at the start the name will remain blank, which is odd. Most games have this function implemented so I guess it would be an easy fix
2.- I've noticed that you have coded mobile sounds in certain scenes (you even credit the author), but I've never heard them because the music is always playing in the background (and I have all sound channels on). Myabe you should try using play audio instead of play sound, although I'm not an expert
Hey there!
Thank you for the feedback. I'll look into that this week. I'm doing a fairly extensive overhaul of the coding in Superheroes Suck as we speak. Now that I'm going full time on it, I can actually spend a few days tweaking things as opposed to rushing from event to event in a mad dash to pump out content. I actually just finished moving the audio files around, and I'm going to prune a few here and there. I'm hoping to find some higher quality ones while I'm at it.

Reactions: moskyx

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018

He took a weight lifting bench on the chin thrown by a person with super strength. That directly would kill or at least break the neck of any person without powers to make them sturdy. Necks don't do well when fast and heavy metal objects move the head in weird ways.

With his first meeting of lovestruck he fell from the roof and thought he would pancake and die because the armor was forced to malfunction, only reason he didn't was Riley.

Both of these times seem like they would be a trigger for a stress related power function. During the bench throw he did think he reached something but that could have just been his thinking something happened.

He didn't know he was outside his suit though. He could see it and then realized he was to the side of it. So the power kicked in before he knew consciously what happened.

One major reason I don't think it is Adaptation is because if you look at some of the others they are multi-powered. Riley can fly but also is super strong, she can throw people around like a joke or carry MC in his suit without a care. That shows her having at least 2 powers. So it is just as likely that MC has multiple powers as it is adaptive.
That's the thing, his power doesn't activate due to what MC "Thinks" he needs, it activates base on what the body actually needs and if it doesn't need it, MC's power doesn't give him a new ability.

The way I think it would work, based on what we've seen is:
1. MC has a spike of adrenaline, which causes his power to activate.
2. Once active, the power reacts to direct stimuli based on how it effects the host and activates a temporary power to compensate.

Ex: MC's body will be hit something with killing force, Raise shields. (his minor forcefield)
MC's senses do not function in current environment, evolve sense to compensate. (darkvision).
MC's body will be hit by something with force insufficient to kill, no power needed.
MC's body falls from height insufficient to kill him, no power needed.

This is the only thing that makes sense to me as MC hasn't been able to reproduce his abilities beyond the 1st activation. (so far) Also why no other abilities have popped up yet so far, because he has been rescued from any situation that would cause a new temp power to manifest before it could.

This is my hypothesis at least as far as the facts I've seen so far.
Could it be other things? Absolutely, this is just my educated guess.

jackthetwat

Sep 5, 2017
That's the thing, his power doesn't activate due to what MC "Thinks" he needs, it activates base on what the body actually needs and if it doesn't need it, MC's power doesn't give him a new ability.

The way I think it would work, based on what we've seen is:
1. MC has a spike of adrenaline, which causes his power to activate.
2. Once active, the power reacts to direct stimuli based on how it effects the host and activates a temporary power to compensate.

Ex: MC's body will be hit something with killing force, Raise shields. (his minor forcefield)
MC's senses do not function in current environment, evolve sense to compensate. (darkvision).
MC's body will be hit by something with force insufficient to kill, no power needed.
MC's body falls from height insufficient to kill him, no power needed.

This is the only thing that makes sense to me as MC hasn't been able to reproduce his abilities beyond the 1st activation. (so far) Also why no other abilities have popped up yet so far, because he has been rescued from any situation that would cause a new temp power to manifest before it could.

This is my hypothesis at least as far as the facts I've seen so far.
Could it be other things? Absolutely, this is just my educated guess.
I like your theory and I think it makes sense. Certainly, I wouldn't complain if it turned out to be true but I'm still thinking it's mimicry. I think the MC being able to know that Chrys was in the room despite her being silent is a sign of him unknowingly using an ability he's picked up, albeit to a very minor level.

Also seeing in the dark is an interesting power to manifest because it is likely one someone on the team already has, that being Valentina. In one scene that takes place at 2AM Valentina is throwing things in her room and is able to get dressed in the dark. So dark in fact that the MC can't see a thing in her room and she is able to perfectly guide him to her light switch (also the MC's power didn't activate then, which is interesting in hindsight).

On another note I like that seeing in the dark was mentioned earlier in the game as a parlour power which is only fit for social media fame not saving people. It's a piece of writing I had thought of as just being a bit of a funny scene but is presumably the cause of the MC's next crisis of confidence. I think that was very nicely done by the dev to be honest.

Reactions: The ArcKnight

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Maybe his next power will be another parlor power, like the hairstyle one. MC is gonna become a social media influencer.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
It's nice that we finally get the option to choose a surname but can I repick my first name? I chose a name I would not have chosen if the surname option had been in the beginning of the game.

Maybe a console command that would do it?

I saw a command line with my name in it on the variables but it did not change anything when i tried it in the console

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes