Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Oddly specific. Not that I disagree, but why 80 days?
I tried once to calculate possible power ranges for the game's superhumans and how evolutions work (why 20 and 200 power gains?). I have observed that MC's power/evolution gains fall into a specific pattern. I don't know if WW planned for it, it just happened naturally or my observation is wrong but just happened to fit the data (which is likely since the data sample is very small).

MC stayed 42 days as level 1 and 58 days as level 2.
Without getting into much detail, the next number that fits the observed pattern is 58 * (58/42) = 80~

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I tried once to calculate possible power ranges for the game's superhumans and how evolutions work (why 20 and 200 power gains?). I have observed that MC's power/evolution gains fall into a specific pattern. I don't know if WW planned for it, it just happened naturally or my observation is wrong but just happened to fit the data (which is likely since the data sample is very small).

Without getting into much detail, the next number that fits the observed pattern is 58 * (58/42) = 80~
...But I want the detail

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
@rainwake
Let's call it a misunderstanding and move forwards. At this rate someone will report us and the mods will destroy the thread once again. I don't really hold hard feelings anyway.

Not quite honey select, but gotta agree that her design is unique compared to the rest of the cast.

Good ideas. MC may need to train cellular control to do these, but being able to infect people is awesome and would send the horror elements to overdrive.

I personally hoped for a "memory parasite" ability, that causes pain, plagues the target with bad memories while feeding MC useful ones. It could be a natural progression on his poison abilities, which seem to be fairly well liked in the community.

Tbh, MC kind of regressed in this 2 last updates, at least compared to his Deryl fight. He showcased so many styles against Deryl. Huge tails, constriction, mantis attacks, memory attacks, ranged attacks, extreme mobility, shapeshifting attacks (the huge arrow). In the last 2 updates he has only progressed on his memory echo ability, but he seems to have some trouble combining his abilities. He will either use plate+mantis, his tails, light+tails, light+weapons. No shapeshifting tricks, no high speeds, no more memory attack, no combined attacks (sword+tails or burrowing traps for example), no ranged attacks, no body size increases.

So I think that it's unlikely we will see any advanced new abilities from MC in the near future. He will probably spend most if his time training his body and incorporating combined attacks, while making some use of his memory abilities. Hope I'm wrong though.
We did focus a lot on memory abilities lately, though i think it makes sense, since the memory abilities were lagging behind with very little progress for so long.

Mc could have both the deadly infection powers and the memory parasyte one, though i assume using both would be even more brutal, imagine someone dying from an unknow disease that prevents the body from reacting by adapting and changing all the time while being tortured by horrible memories, forgetting about everything including their own powers while feedind Mc all useful information they come across.

As for the new uses for his other powers i guess we really didn't see much, battle royale was just base mc without any sheapeshifting, the escape was just a double mantis bonk on Eishet, the missions were very quick and with almost no fighting involved, only the ending was promissing and i guess Mc was using his speed form to avoid hits since Evander can seriously fuck him up.

For the next update at least from the start i think we won't see much new shapeshifting but i expect to see a more consistent use of memory abilities during the fights, my theory is that Shen will fuck up by acessing Mc's memories, this will allow Mc to not just learn more about his past but also help him understand his own powers, from what i remember Mommy 4rth can use memory at distance, so Mc will counter attack Shen by instinct (powers protect their users passively), this will give him some insight on how to use memory at distance and offensively.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
If anything, I expect MC to stay as a level 3 for about 80 ingame days (not taking time lapses into account).
At the rate of a week covered per update that'd be more than 10 updates. Unless there's a time skip in there, not really seeing it.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
...But I want the detail
Ok I'll try to explain the main gist. Do note that I'll make a lot of assumptions.

The basic premise is that MC gets 3~ times better at everything after evolving, by comparing level 1 and level 2. This is what happened:

Level 1 MC gains on average 0.33 (14/42) power per day.
The usual ranges to complete the level 1 story arc is 9-14 I think.
When MC evolves he becomes about 3 times as powerful as he used to be. (29-34 vs 9-14)

Level 2 MC gains on average 1.1 (66/58) power per day.
The usual ranges to complete the level 2 story arc is 90-115 power.
When MC evolves he again becomes about 3 times as powerful as he used to be (290-315 vs 90-115)

When 0.96 dropped, I calculated how many power points MC could get. These are the "power gains" data for 0.96
Days at level 3: 12
Gains:
10 - Nyx's Serum
10 - Fighting Asura
10 - Training 1
3 - Training 2
15 - Shopkeep

48 power points over 12 days. This means an improvement rate of 4, which is close enough to my premise.

From there on, there are two ways to proceed.

Possibility 1 - It will continue in a linear fashion:
The reason I don't like this possibility is because it means that MC will improve at 3.5~ power per day and reach around 900 total power, which will take him 170 in game days. This seems like too much time. I expect the game to barely last 250 ingame days

Possibility 2 - Normalize it somehow:
I've been thinking, if I take the level 2 data and divide them with the level 1 data, I will get some factors that I can apply to level 2 data to predict how level 3 will behave. If I do this, the power improvement rate stays similar. So I applied to anything that made sense, made some calculations and I quite liked what I saw.

So from the possibility 2, I predicted that MC will have a power improvement rate of 1.1 * (1.1/0.33) = 3.8~ per day and he will stay at level 3 for 58 * (58/42) = 80~ days. MC will finish this level with around 650-750 power and reach level 4 with about 2000 power.

I compared this progression to monster reports and some ingame dialogue (Asura power level, Lt Duncan's power in comparison to level 5s) and I like it a lot more than the linear one.

At the rate of a week covered per update that'd be more than 10 updates. Unless there's a time skip in there, not really seeing it.
Considering that the general consensus is that the game is about half done, staying level 3 for 10 updates is acceptable. We have already gone through 3 of them and I expect the twin arc to last 3 more updates.

Additionally MC doesn't really have to stay long at level 4 thanks to the evolution serum so WW can jumpstart the endgame without too much hassle if he wants to.

Some more info:

The game started back in 2021-Feb-13 with
Level 1 and 2: 0.1. 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.65, 0.7, 0.75, 0.8, 0.85, 0.88, 0.9, 0.92, 0.94 and lastly 0.95 where MC evolves.
Level 3: 0.95, 0.96, 0.97

I think it's fair to assume that there is no way MC will evolve before 1.0. There exists some possibility that things will get nasty and MC will evolve at this point, but to me it feels a bit too rushed. MC hasn't even begun to explore his level 3 capabilities.

While WW's version numbers aren't consistent, the increments are smaller than they used to be, so I expect to see 0.98 and 0.99 before 1.0.

Last edited:

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
Doubt he will take Years like the H.e.r.o. higher ups if nothing else than just because it would make kind of a boring story to follow unless the story has some unprecedented massive time jumps, a whole lost in space section where MC gets teleported to some far off monster overrun ruined world where he has to constantly fight, kill and absorb monsters to survive. Until he finds a fissure in spacetime or is found... and then comes back to exact his vengeance. No nvm too fanfictiony...

I doubt anyone will disagree that he will be evolving anytime before he manages to finish recollecting most of his memories of his mother... The Lady practically told him to select her as his spirit guide when we saw that training scene where he unlocks the memory of her telling her creepy bed time story during the stormy night. Seems like she is going to be needed for the next or final evolution to bring MC back into control of his senses instead of just monstering out.

Another hint to her still being in the MC's human-monster hybrid mind could be when you accept the Arbiter's offer to take over and let him be born but have low to almost no corruption... then your final thoughts are not fighting Deus ... you just sink into an abyss with a comforting voice there with you soothing you to peace, doubt that is anyone but his Mom.
Can't wait to uncover more of his past and finally find out what's up with those jacked up eyes... scars that don't even heal when you get new hybrid bod which has Perfect as the default setting. Wonder if the scars are some kind of Imprint she left on him while protecting him from something, and the scars remain as a symbol of still quietly always being with him... Damn it did I just unknowingly turn his backstory into Goth Harry Potter. o_O

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Doubt he will take Years like the H.e.r.o. higher ups if nothing else than just because it would make kind of a boring story to follow unless the story has some unprecedented massive time jumps, a whole lost in space section where MC gets teleported to some far off monster overrun ruined world where he has to constantly fight, kill and absorb monsters to survive. Until he finds a fissure in spacetime or is found... and then comes back to exact his vengeance. No nvm too fanfictiony...
Not even fanfictiony....that's just like a whole ton of fucking manga/manhwa that have done that very same concept (mostly Isekais) a copy and paste of that shiz if u will.

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
Not even fanfictiony....that's just like a whole ton of fucking manga/manhwa that have done that very same concept (mostly Isekais) a copy and paste of that shiz if u will.
Well... Idk too much about Manga haven't read too many ... but isn't Isekai one those "Protagonist got reincarnated into so and so world and took over their flipping everything" ? can't tale over anything in a world ruined by the Monster invasion though. More of a bleak survival until escape kind of scenario ?
I got the idea from that same thing being used as 2 different bad endings if I remember correctly. And the pale monster lady in the cave kinda acknowledges that invading and infesting worlds is just something their kind does.
Not that I am defending the horrible fanfiction just saying its not completely impossible if the opening itself has been used as a dead end already.

Reactions: ItzSyther

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
but isn't Isekai one those "Protagonist got reincarnated into so and so world and took over their flipping everything" ? can't tale over anything in a world ruined by the Monster invasion though. More of a bleak survival until escape kind of scenario ?
Thats just one of the many flavors of Isekai.

There's many I guess you can say "subgenres" of Isekai that fit the bill of Isekai (the reincarnation part) but dont fit the rest of what is generally Isekai (like taking over shit cause they OP asf).

There is one where the protag spends 10,000 years in hell and gains a 'system' (an aspect of Isekai but no reincarnation) and somehow gets back to Earth.

Reactions: Zeca Suez

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
So what’s the average update time cause i’m already too obsessed rn
I need an estimate and to then leave this thread until then or i’ll just keep coming back. :alien:

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Well... Idk too much about Manga haven't read too many ... but isn't Isekai one those "Protagonist got reincarnated into so and so world and took over their flipping everything" ? can't tale over anything in a world ruined by the Monster invasion though. More of a bleak survival until escape kind of scenario ?
I got the idea from that same thing being used as 2 different bad endings if I remember correctly. And the pale monster lady in the cave kinda acknowledges that invading and infesting worlds is just something their kind does.
Not that I am defending the horrible fanfiction just saying its not completely impossible if the opening itself has been used as a dead end already.
Quick follow up to last reply:

More or less the easiest way to see if a manga/manhwa fit the bill of "Isekai" is if it has a 'system' and has another 'world' while the 10,000 years in hell technically wouldn't be considered an isekai cause the protag went back to his earth it was very different from the Earth he knew (tech advanced and people were more powerful than when he was back on his earth) so it qualifies.

A system technically is optional as long as the "another world" part is fulfilled.

Ploot Ploot

Oct 1, 2021
Hello everyone! 0.971 is out and that means new update to the walkthrough! I have corrected a lot of choices, added more descriptions, and moved some stuff around. Please let me know of any errors and such, Hope it helps! <3

Edit: (11/14/2023) __NEW WALKTHROUGH VERSION!__

- Added hyperlinks under each section for quicker navigation around the walkthrough!

- Added day labels for each section!

Last edited:

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
So what’s the average update time cause i’m already too obsessed rn
I need an estimate and to then leave this thread until then or i’ll just keep coming back. :alien:
Two months or something give it or take it, WW is pretty consistent and the updates are always good, be strong brother we are all the same here regarding our superhuman addiction :HideThePain:.

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
A system technically is optional as long as the "another world" part is fulfilled.
Oh Ya i've played some of those... found em right here on this very site.
So technically Superhuman could fit that too ? Since MC doesn't get physically removed from one world for another but His entire life completely changes... he is removed from his life as Sad short boy and is introduced into a whole world of monster shenanigans and even though he isn't OP (Unless compared to the normies, most of his power is earned) he does Over power all the Best gals around. But not in a creepy way like how it sounds. Speaking of over powering wonder if we will get to play with that new Muscular H.e.r.o. chick we met maybe do some monstrous wrestling. Once Shen and company are dealt with ofc.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Oh Ya i've played some of those... found em right here on this very site.
So technically Superhuman could fit that too ? Since MC doesn't get physically removed from one world for another but His entire life completely changes... he is removed from his life as Sad short boy and is introduced into a whole world of monster shenanigans and even though he isn't OP (Unless compared to the normies, most of his power is earned) he does Over power all the Best gals around. But not in a creepy way like how it sounds. Speaking of over powering wonder if we will get to play with that new Muscular H.e.r.o. chick we met maybe do some monstrous wrestling. Once Shen and company are dealt with ofc.
To a degree Superhuman could fit the bill although while his life does completely change his world "the physical one" is exactly the same it was before and after his transformation so it falls short.

But one could argue due to the appearance of HERO the world is completely different but honestly things still seem the same but with people rioting and causing issues for Superhumans.

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
Looking at the picture of Ella and Tanos again, I'm now completely sure that Ella knows MC from the hospital that he was taken to after his mother's death, the same hospital Dad took him after the fight with Kenny. The hospital itself is probably connected to SIN, they are the only other players we know that know a lot about monsters, considering that, I'm going to assume that that is the same hospital Kenny's father runs (We know he has dealings with SIN from this update). It's also possible that the hospital belongs to hero, Tanos was probably working there under his father at the time, this would explain why mc dad would bring him there, since we know he has some connections to Dexter, and why hero knows so much about Ella. Xanthe saying that Cole was a recruit taken by Ella plays into that, Ella was probably held in the same hospital with her future lieutenants and broke out of there with them. But if it doesn't belong to hero, then Kenny's father was monitoring and taking tests on MC right after he had killed his son.

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
The only real question is why would sin/hero let mc go. He definitely wasn't a superhuman at the time, but they definitely should have noticed he was a son to a monster.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
The only real question is why would sin/hero let mc go. He definitely wasn't a superhuman at the time, but they definitely should have noticed he was a son to a monster.
There's a whole lot of assumptions going on there and the prior post.

MC's mom was quite...weird and there's a lot going on there but I'm still going to hold off on the idea that she's a monster of any kind.

If she was there is no way they'd allow MC to go be they HERO or SIN, he'd be an oddity and would need to be studied no matter how many strings MC's dad tried to pull he'd lose his child for certain.

All I recall of the hospital/clinic MC goes to is that I recall MC mentioning it was a private one or something along those lines so for all we know it has zero affiliation with SIN or HERO.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
There's a whole lot of assumptions going on there and the prior post.

MC's mom was quite...weird and there's a lot going on there but I'm still going to hold off on the idea that she's a monster of any kind.

If she was there is no way they'd allow MC to go be they HERO or SIN, he'd be an oddity and would need to be studied no matter how many strings MC's dad tried to pull he'd lose his child for certain.

All I recall of the hospital/clinic MC goes to is that I recall MC mentioning it was a private one or something along those lines so for all we know it has zero affiliation with SIN or HERO.
There is still the variable of cult followers that was introduced in this update. Maybe she is part of that and MC Eye was obtained from them in the accident?
I still prefer if the mom has an actual connection withe the 3rd and 4th apostles even if this plot is more predictable.

4.80 star(s) 302 Votes