GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
In the prison scene, Jake heavily implies that he is making choices under his own free will.
MC offers to help save Mia and/or look for a cure for her, but he says no: "I'm not taking that chance. I'm not taking any chance." To me, that signifies that he has thought about his choices and alternative, and he has chosen this path since it has the best chances, in his mind, of saving Mia.
Yes, because he has no reason to think that the MC is capable of healing Mia as good as Ella, if at all. I'm not saying Jake's choice is the correct one, or even a good one. But it's not one born out of malice.

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
In the prison scene, Jake heavily implies that he is making choices under his own free will.
MC offers to help save Mia and/or look for a cure for her, but he says no: "I'm not taking that chance. I'm not taking any chance." To me, that signifies that he has thought about his choices and alternative, and he has chosen this path since it has the best chances, in his mind, of saving Mia.

Implied.
He acts big when he thinks hes in control.
When challenged, different story.

You couldn't challenge him being a prisoner.
He challenged you when you walk in on him controlling 2 women.
When you say "What did you say to me" He flee's

He's not changed, that's proven when Ella says Kill M.C.
There isnt a cut scene of him talking about what to do, rather a look of oh shit what do I do now!?
He cant stand his own ground.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
That is definitely a possibility, but so is Ella healing Mia. Either way Jake is picking the choice that he thinks is the one with the highest probability of reward.
Definitely shows how naïve you are.
There's no way in god damn hell Ella is ever going to do something nice. Healing Mia won't benefit her. Keeping Jake thinking she would if he keeps on his current path will be way more beneficial for her.

Do you get different superpowers based on which monster you encounter at the beginning?
No, you don't. So far, in the current version, it doesn't make much of a difference. It very well might at a later point, though.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
There's no way in god damn hell Ella is ever going to do something nice. Healing Mia won't benefit her. Keeping Jake thinking she would if he keeps on his current path will be way more beneficial for her.
Please stop confusing me with Jake. And being naive also isn't enough reason to die. Rather what you say just cements that it is Ella who the MC should be trying to kill, not Jake.

• Angry
Reactions: Rutonat

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Do you get different superpowers based on which monster you encounter at the beginning?
Also, what happens if your corruption gets high?
No, unfortunately. It's the same no matter what. Only difference is you gain a new Monster Parent. Mother(4th) who gives you a BJ or a Father(3rd) who mindfucks you.

As for High Corruption, you learn some abilities faster and can dominate other monsters(Minyak) but at the cost of you sanity. For example, you understand more of what your Monster parent is saying among other things.

I don't remember the limit allowed but it should be between 10 and 12 points for corruption currently. You should have around 50 or 51 Power Points as well if you played full corruption by the end of the current update.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
No, you don't. So far, in the current version, it doesn't make much of a difference. It very well might at a later point, though.
Interesting.

I'm kind of curious about what entity we got when we evolved.

I remember it fighting back when Jake tried to take control of the MC's mind "I won't bow down to the Authority" or something like that. If Jake's entity is supposed to be this Authority then what is the MC's? Why is their symbol a red hand with an eye and what does it mean? Actually I'm curious about several powers and their origins. Klaus is supposed to be some kind of plasma, while Alice is supposed to be... uhh... something that can counter plasma? We got something related to the Moon... Also, who is the Fourth the fairy monster mentioned? Who are all the numbers? (EDIT: This got partially answered while I was writing thist post. Thanks!)

Argh! So many questions!

No, unfortunately. It's the same no matter what. Only difference is you gain a new Monster Parent. Mother(4th) who gives you a BJ or a Father(3rd) who mindfucks you.

As for High Corruption, you learn some abilities faster and can dominate other monsters(Minyak) but at the cost of you sanity. For example, you understand more of what your Monster parent is saying among other things.

I don't remember the limit allowed but it should be between 10 and 12 points for corruption currently. You should have around 50 or 51 Power Points as well if you played full corruption by the end of the current update.
Very interesting! Before going down this inquiry I had theorized that this "Mother" had given us superior transformative abilities, whereas the other monster, "Father", would give us better mind-sight abilities, on the principle of their encounter. Mother transforms, Father does mind stuff. So while we get both powers, one is better at one thing versus the other. But alas... it doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited:

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018

We don't know Ella can heal her because of the bad damage.
We can guess that Jake wont test powers on Mia, however he might create new victims to try to heal Mia
(doubt it but he is a bastard lol)

I think given how this game feels.
Mia will come out of the comma effected. (naturally not assisted)
Jake will be effected in a very bad way because of this.

My reason for believing this is this...
The game seems to show consequences from power usage.
I forget the girls name but she attacks you with crosses. If you choose not to kill her.
She can show you her impaled hole and have a conversation with it about it.
There is that slime girl or whatever you want to call her.... That you can keep alive.

I can see Mia being out of a comma and having issues and being another person suffering because of it.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Yes, because he has no reason to think that the MC is capable of healing Mia as good as Ella, if at all. I'm not saying Jake's choice is the correct one, or even a good one. But it's not one born out of malice.
Genuine question: Does Jake have a reason to think Ella can heal Mia? Just because she is more powerful does not mean she can heal her, and I do not remember any her healing anyone else.

Anyway, the main purpose of my quote was to show that Jake did have a choice. He could have taken the MC's help and found someone else who could have healed her, but he chose not to.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Interesting.

I remember it fighting back when Jake tried to take control of the MC's mind "I won't bow down to the Authority" or something like that. If Jake's entity is supposed to be this Authority then what is the MC's? Actually I'm curious about several powers and their origins. Klaus is supposed to be some kind of plasma, while Alice is supposed to be... uhh... something that can counter plasma? We got something related to the Moon... Also, who is the Fourth the fairy monster mentioned? Who are all the numbers? (EDIT: This got partially answered while I was writing thist post. Thanks!)

Argh! So many questions!
Jake's parent is the 1st. You see him in the prison during your fight. You'll see your parent as well depending on who you chose at the beginning.

As for who are all the Numbered, it's still a bit of a mystery for the other 3(2nd, 5th and 6th). We know of the 1st from this update and the 3rd and 4th are our parents.

Reactions: IvoryOwl

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Interesting.

I remember it fighting back when Jake tried to take control of the MC's mind "I won't bow down to the Authority" or something like that. If Jake's entity is supposed to be this Authority then what is the MC's? Actually I'm curious about several powers and their origins. Klaus is supposed to be some kind of plasma, while Alice is supposed to be... uhh... something that can counter plasma? We got something related to the Moon... Also, who is the Fourth the fairy monster mentioned? Who are all the numbers?

Argh! So many questions!
There's been sme theory discussions some pages back. Sadly I can't remember which page, but look out for DrakoGhoul and Dysphorika's posts. If memory serves, they were discussing it as well, if you're curious.

Please stop confusing me with Jake. And being naive also isn't enough reason to die. Rather what you say just cements that it is Ella who the MC should be trying to kill, not Jake.
So now you pretend to not understand what's told to you on purpose ?
Monk was right about what you're smoking.
I'm calling you naïve for believing Ella would do anything nice.

We don't know Ella can heal her because of the bad damage.
We can guess that Jake wont test powers on Mia, however he might create new victims to try to heal Mia
(doubt it but he is a bastard lol)

I think given how this game feels.
Mia will come out of the comma effected. (naturally not assisted)
Jake will be effected in a very bad way because of this.

My reason for believing this is this...
The game seems to show consequences from power usage.
I forget the girls name but she attacks you with crosses. If you choose not to kill her.
She can show you her impaled hole and have a conversation with it about it.
There is that slime girl or whatever you want to call her.... That you can keep alive.

I can see Mia being out of a comma and having issues and being another person suffering because of it.
Actually we at least know the MC can heal her. During his "testing" on prisoners, he mentions how easy it is to make bodies heal themselves. He just needs to dose his power right to fuel the instinctive reaction of a body to heal, just making it t hat much powerful as to regrow parts or repair heavier damage than a normal body would be able to.
Ella, on the other hand, ony showed the capacity to turn hobbos into meat pellets. And her character is shown as the type to not give a damn about people who can't be usefull to her, and to think most show of kindness is a waste.

Last edited:

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
Genuine question: Does Jake have a reason to think Ella can heal Mia? Just because she is more powerful does not mean she can heal her, and I do not remember any her healing anyone else.
Ella claims that she can IIRC, tho that's not proof of anything. So in the end it just comes to what he knows about powers and how great they are.

MC: knows next to nothing about his powers, are of the same level as him (Jake).
Ella: she has shown shapeshifting and much more powerful than them.

It's also worth mentioning that the MC himself hasn't claimed he has the power to save Mia.
I don't believe that Ella would actually heal Mia. If I was on Jake's shoes I would not trust her myself. I simply understand why Jake chooses to.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Ok, I finally finished my playthrough with the 3rd. There's some subtle differences. Most people know about the Fairy changing the number to 3rd or 4th depending on your choice. There's also the fact that the 3rd replaces the 4th in most scenes. Also for the people who didn't want to fight Jake in the prison scene.

Here's pic of the 3rd, 4th and 1st: View attachment 1732448
View attachment 1732453
View attachment 1732456

As for the Ella dead end, Mommy(4th) still gets killed even if you choose the 3rd. :cry:
Here's a picture of the 3rd, 4th and 1st from the Prison fight.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Interesting.

I remember it fighting back when Jake tried to take control of the MC's mind "I won't bow down to the Authority" or something like that. If Jake's entity is supposed to be this Authority then what is the MC's? Why is their symbol a red hand with an eye and what does it mean? Actually I'm curious about several powers and their origins. Klaus is supposed to be some kind of plasma, while Alice is supposed to be... uhh... something that can counter plasma? We got something related to the Moon... Also, who is the Fourth the fairy monster mentioned? Who are all the numbers? (EDIT: This got partially answered while I was writing thist post. Thanks!)

Argh! So many questions!

Very interesting! Before going down this inquiry I had theorized that this "Mother" had given us superior transformative abilities, whereas the other monster, "Father", would give us better mind-sight abilities, on the principle of their encounter. Mother transforms, Father does mind stuff. So while we get both powers, one is better at one thing versus the other. But alas... it doesn't seem to be the case.
If you want to see Jake's parent, It's in my post above.

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018

Anyway, the main purpose of my quote was to show that Jake did have a choice. He could have taken the MC's help and found someone else who could have healed her, but he chose not to.

My answer is no. -> but just a feeling, no proof to that.
I cant remember the quote but here goes me butchering it.
When the M.C. is alone with Ella.
She said something to the lines we are more a like than I thought.
her powers are some what like the M.C.'s as we have seen.
Shes obviously on a higher level than he is with stuff we may unlock later.

She does not show a power to control people like Jake.
However I don't know if this is another game but I believe she said she was able
to change other peoples bodies or something to that effect?
I am assuming right now its another game because my memory is hazy on that.
If its this game I could see repairs on a body/brain working if its use to restore it.
But if memories would change or be damaged because of it would be the question.

Given those comments and if you are open about your powers she instantly kills you.
I think this is her stating "her powers are like yours"
but of course thats open to interpretation
So I don't think she can.

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
There's been sme theory discussions some pages back. Sadly I can't remember which page, but look out for DrakoGhoul and Dysphorika's posts. If memory serves, they were discussing it as well, if you're curious.

So now you pretend to not understand what's told to you on purpose ?
Monk was right about what you're smoking.

Actually we at least know the MC can heal her. During his "testing" on prisoners, he mentions how easy it is tu make bodies heal themselves. He just needs to dose his power right to fuel the instinctive reaction of a body to heal, just making it t hat much powerful as to regrow parts or repair heavier damage than a normal body would be able to.
Ella, on the other hand, ony showed the capacity to turn hobbos into meat pellets. And her character is shown as the type to not give a damn about people who can't be usefull to her, and to think most show of kindness is a waste.

I kinda forgot about that.
Thanks for the reminder.
:D

Reactions: Rutonat

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017

Both Ella and the MC have the ability to transform themselves and others. Ella showcased this when she disintegrated the hobo near the orphanage. If you can turn a whole body into organic mush then you should also be able to heal it. The MC being imprisoned turned out to be good for one thing - it gave him time and test subjects to train his new ability, especially on live subjects, because those are much harder to handle than a dead one (which is another thing Ella mentioned about the dead hobo). If he can transform a live subject entirely, why not force them to regenerate as well? Mia is in a coma so dealing with her may be easier in that regard. It's risky, for both parties, but I don't see why there shouldn't be an attempt, as Mia is as good as dead otherwise.

Ella got Jake by the balls. Jake's power is too useful to let him loose and Ella is too big an opportunist to let this slip by. She needs the leverage over Jake... the problem is getting him to realize that. He's so desperate to get Mia back that he either can't see it or he knows but wants to try anyway because he can't see other option... it's not like Jake knows about the extent of MC's powers either...

-------------------------------------------------

On a side-note...

You sneaky author! Don't think I didn't see two Deryls there at the end! One was put into a temporary coma while another one was seen near Jake. Since one has "hollow" memories, I reckon the one put into a coma was the fake Deryl, a dead body, reconstructed by the black slime and transformed to look like the MC's friend, under Ella's command.

I reckon the MC could do the same with Bailey, the zombie chick from the party... (I say this because when you choose to kill Bailey, the MC does the same mind-sight thingie and he notices her mind is just as "hollow", with the exception of her encounters with the MC. She cannot remember her past self, only recent encounters. Hence my assumption that one Deryl is actually a transformed zombie.)

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
My answer is no. -> but just a feeling, no proof to that.
I cant remember the quote but here goes me butchering it.
When the M.C. is alone with Ella.
She said something to the lines we are more a like than I thought.
her powers are some what like the M.C.'s as we have seen.
Shes obviously on a higher level than he is with stuff we may unlock later.

She does not show a power to control people like Jake.
However I don't know if this is another game but I believe she said she was able
to change other peoples bodies or something to that effect?
I am assuming right now its another game because my memory is hazy on that.
If its this game I could see repairs on a body/brain working if its use to restore it.
But if memories would change or be damaged because of it would be the question.

Given those comments and if you are open about your powers she instantly kills you.
I think this is her stating "her powers are like yours"
but of course thats open to interpretation
So I don't think she can.
We share the same monster parent as Ella(not sure if it's the exact same parent or she gets the other depending on our choice in the beginning(3rd or 4th)). That's what she said when the MC asked about how strong their power would get.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
Why do you think he's training to modify and heal bodies in the first place... :FacePalm:
??? He was doing that in order to shapeshift a replacement of him in the prison or morgue to not alert Jake that he had escaped or was still alive.

At no point do I recall that he mentioned healing bodies to save Mia.

MuleCurse

May 8, 2017
Man, I don't understand why so many people seem to hate Jake so much. He hasn't been that bad in my playthrough, maybe it's you guys that keep antagonizing him?
Regardless of whether people hate, like or are neutral about Jake (I'm in camp Neutral), Jake is just a horrible match with his powers and he's mentally a mess.
He's a living bomb that exploded (hurt Mia and Darryl), and he will probably explode again.

That's a major problem. And there's another one because well, he's not the kind of person who can keep their powers hidden like... err everyone else in the story? So he has a secondary payload on top of his psychic powers. What if he gets dragged into HERO, and a more powerful psychic just scans his brain? Or another shapeshifter just reads his brain like we and Ella can?

4.80 star(s) 325 Votes