maul467

Apr 19, 2019
Im personally of the theory that Liz and Amber are quite half of a soul, which is why even though theyre twins their personalities and their abilities are literal opposites, I still havent figured out what the power angle is for them but I was always of the opinion that they would become one person kind of like dbz fusion

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JmTrad

RedPotatoe

Feb 20, 2020
I think that with their monster being able to imitate people, they will end in a situation where Liz and Amber both inhabit Amber body.

JerryBanana

Dec 30, 2019
Clearly MC is going to absorb them both so he has his harem in his head.
Damn that can be a very powerful and sad scene for a full corruption ending, the mc alone in a dark room in the dream world talking to his friends about the future and how glad he is that they can all still be together seeing the horror on their face, while his physical body is ravaging the earth and beyond.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Maaan I feel so lazy rn.............. sh111111111111111111111111111111111111111111t. aaaaaaa

Well 1st what's up with you man? Are you ok? It just feels like you are a bit frustrated or smt.
Maybe I'm wrong but you kinda seem offended by smt I said. I'm just guessing from your writing tone, it kinda seems like passive aggressivness. Well, nvm that...
I respect your opinion man but I dare say that their "writing ceiling" is quite high. I mean they are worldwide famous and they have marked an entire generation. Their world building, the quantity of characters and diversity of them, their emblematic scenes, quotes... All of this make them top tier and it's not my opinion the stats say so. If that doesn't fit your standard then I pity you man.
Honestly, I don't think you should have talked abt "writing ceiling". You should have just said that they weren't to your taste or you don't like the genre... I mean that sentence kinda proves my point "protag punch bad guy until he win and if bad guy too big for punch then big punch!".

Anyway, I won't even talk (uuusso) abt how you limit writers to what you think you know of their capabilites. I can't count how many writers added things to their work bc they grew as they continued working on their project and how great they turned out.
Hear me out, the only limit a writer has, is the one you set to him or the one he sets to himself.

Now, it's ok, like I said maybe you're bored when you know the writing capabilies of an author, but that's just you opinion in the end.
For exemple, I LOVE when I know that the next chapter or episode will be top tier bc I know the max writing capabilites of an author.
I'll add that writing isn't only abt hidden puzzle pieces or sh1t like that (you kinda gave that vibe no offense), it's so much more. It can be abt how you transmit feelings, anger, sadness, love, friendship, how you make the tension reach its peak, how you hype your writers an many more things.

Abt that last paragraph of yours, I don't have much to say, I'm a simple and lazy man.
I like to undestand things but if I don't it's ok. I enjoy the story, enjoy the pacing, enjoy the epicness... I have to admit, it's true. I may just have enjoyed the whole thing without paying attention and ignoring WW writing style (everyone enjoy things their way right?).
So yeah, Maybe you're right, and we won't have a choice or a stat check. Thx for answering I was kinda wondering why everyone was sure they'd either die or live.
Still I abide by the rule, never say never.

aaaaah finally, it's come to an end, I have to ask though, why the illustrious? is it a jk or an rp btw you 2 or smt lol?
Man I'm tired....

THX
Excuse me for intersecting but since you did make 2 references to me so far, I want to explain my stance.

1. The consistency of writing is measurable.
When you have a story with a specific level of nuance, where the cause and effect is a set of well defined interactions and stylistic approaches, then the expectation is that this trend will continue. If it doesn't, then it's either a drop in quality or a new direction.

How anyone will react to those is his prerogative, but it's pointless to argue that's it's just a subjective thing.

Examples in Superhuman:
Fight with Gorgon: MC rushes in and dies like an idiot despite knowing what to expect. If the expectation is to showcase how dangerous a Gorgon can be, it failed. Yet if he fights it with Deryl, he uses his shapeshifting for camouflage as expected.
First half of the fight with the Twins: We've seen MC time and again using his trap tentacles to easily kill squishy characters since the early chapters of the game. For some reason he didn't against Devana. Why didn't MC use a core technique that would instantly give him an advantage? Because of the cliffhanger.

This type of cliffhanger is new to Superhuman. In my opinion they are cheap but that's not important. The objective truth is that since the very early days, the cliffhangers were designed to stop the story right before the climax.

0.93 -> Game stops right before engaging with Cole
0.94 -> Game stops right before invading Hex's Dimension
0.95 -> Game stops when MC gains important new information on SIN, on the eve of the infiltration.
0.96 -> Game stops when MC gains new insights, on the eve of the infiltration.

0.97 -> Game stops after MC got destroyed in a fight.
0.975 -> Game stops after showing us how miserable Amber is.
0.98 -> Game stops after showing us that the twins are dead.

0.94, 0.95 and 0.96 primed the reader and the start of the update delivered on the promise.
0.97 and 0.975 attempted to create some huge emotional response, but when the next update dropped, it was completely forgotten, because now MC can beat the shit out of the Twins while managing Shen, or because Amber isn't in actual danger and the game doesn't even bother showing us her actual condition.

I expect that some people like it, but I have 3 arguments.
1. It's a departure from previous practices.
2. The resolution was ignored or the events leading to the cliffhanger were dumped down so the resolution ended up looking more impressive only in comparison.
3. The emotional response was wasted because no one expects the sadness to stick around.

Now if we start adding dubious resolutions like "Deryl somehow switched the Twins for dolls" on already weak cliffhangers, despite been shown the history of the matter and Deryl's circumstances, then this isn't something that I want to subscribe to. The dramatic elements have been weakened too much already because of these dumb cliffhangers. Losing cohesion in the cause-effect relationships too? At this point we depart from just a manufactured storytelling device and we are talking about poor writing all around.

I can apply this line of thinking to more popular works which are generally regarded as generation defining. But this is already turning into a rant, so I won't. Suffice to say, the more popular and established the work, the easier it is to lose it's nuance after a few seasons/sequels. Political statements, Milking the Cow, Attempting to expand to completely new audiences. It's even worse when something becomes popular after being supported by a fairly small audience, only to lose it's identity and turn into something that this initial audience would never care about.

2. More content is not enough for everyone.
When a piece of work stops developing the actors and stops adding more nuance to the scenes, then for all intents and purposes, it has reached it's ceiling. It doesn't really matter if the writers have more to give because they.. won't.

The problem is that some stories are "artificially" extended because they have a huge active audience, but the characters are so developed that there isn't really any good challenge to overcome. Usually at this point, either some established character will start acting strangely, compromising the protagonists, or the show will start creating challenges that are some form of exploitation or sensationalism, where the protagonists easily win, showing the superiority of their ethics/beliefs/whatever.

At this point the writing can become volatile/polarising or just plain uninteresting to some.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing if it's not stretched too much. After all it's how most of the procedural tv shows work. There exists a basic premise and the show follows it to completion, adding some relationship drama in the mix. Everything rides on the attractiveness of that basic premise.

3. Fora exist for discussion.
This means feedback, theories, impressions, waifu wars, sharing updates, helping with issues etc.

I mean sure, if I go on a random place on the internet and hijack it to talk about my game theory, then I'm way off the mark. But this particular place exists for that reason and a neverending theory loop is to be expected considering how active it is.

You wouldn't go to the beach and start wondering why everyone is swimming or sunbathing. It's the expected behavior.

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Excuse me for intersecting but since you did make 2 references to me so far, I want to explain my stance.

1. The consistency of writing is measurable.
When you have a story with a specific level of nuance, where the cause and effect is a set of well defined interactions and stylistic approaches, then the expectation is that this trend will continue. If it doesn't, then it's either a drop in quality or a new direction.

How anyone will react to those is his prerogative, but it's pointless to argue that's it's just a subjective thing.

Examples in Superhuman:
Fight with Gorgon: MC rushes in and dies like an idiot despite knowing what to expect. If the expectation is to showcase how dangerous a Gorgon can be, it failed. Yet if he fights it with Deryl, he uses his shapeshifting for camouflage as expected.
First half of the fight with the Twins: We've seen MC time and again using his trap tentacles to easily kill squishy characters since the early chapters of the game. For some reason he didn't against Devana. Why didn't MC use a core technique that would instantly give him an advantage? Because of the cliffhanger.

This type of cliffhanger is new to Superhuman. In my opinion they are cheap but that's not important. The objective truth is that since the very early days, the cliffhangers were designed to stop the story right before the climax.

0.95 -> Game stops when MC gains important new information on SIN, on the eve of the infiltration.

0.94, 0.95 and 0.96 primed the reader and the start of the update delivered on the promise.
0.97 and 0.975 attempted to create some huge emotional response, but when the next update dropped, it was completely forgotten, because now MC can beat the shit out of the Twins while managing Shen, or because Amber isn't in actual danger and the game doesn't even bother showing us her actual condition.

I expect that some people like it, but I have 3 arguments.
1. It's a departure from previous practices.
2. The resolution was ignored or the events leading to the cliffhanger were dumped down so the resolution ended up looking more impressive only in comparison.
3. The emotional response was wasted because no one expects the sadness to stick around.

Now if we start adding dubious resolutions like "Deryl somehow switched the Twins for dolls" on already weak cliffhangers, despite been shown the history of the matter and Deryl's circumstances, then this isn't something that I want to subscribe to. The dramatic elements have been weakened too much already because of these dumb cliffhangers. Losing cohesion in the cause-effect relationships too? At this point we depart from just a manufactured storytelling device and we are talking about poor writing all around.

I can apply this line of thinking to more popular works which are generally regarded as generation defining. But this is already turning into a rant, so I won't. Suffice to say, the more popular and established the work, the easier it is to lose it's nuance after a few seasons/sequels. Political statements, Milking the Cow, Attempting to expand to completely new audiences. It's even worse when something becomes popular after being supported by a fairly small audience, only to lose it's identity and turn into something that this initial audience would never care about.

2. More content is not enough for everyone.
When a piece of work stops developing the actors and stops adding more nuance to the scenes, then for all intents and purposes, it has reached it's ceiling. It doesn't really matter if the writers have more to give because they.. won't.

The problem is that some stories are "artificially" extended because they have a huge active audience, but the characters are so developed that there isn't really any good challenge to overcome. Usually at this point, either some established character will start acting strangely, compromising the protagonists, or the show will start creating challenges that are some form of exploitation or sensationalism, where the protagonists easily win, showing the superiority of their ethics/beliefs/whatever.

At this point the writing can become volatile/polarising or just plain uninteresting to some.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing if it's not stretched too much. After all it's how most of the procedural tv shows work. There exists a basic premise and the show follows it to completion, adding some relationship drama in the mix. Everything rides on the attractiveness of that basic premise.

3. Fora exist for discussion.
This means feedback, theories, impressions, waifu wars, sharing updates, helping with issues etc.

I mean sure, if I go on a random place on the internet and hijack it to talk about my game theory, then I'm way off the mark. But this particular place exists for that reason and a neverending theory loop is to be expected considering how active it is.

You wouldn't go to the beach and start wondering why everyone is swimming or sunbathing. It's the expected behavior.

Maaaan, why y'all have to do me like that lol. I rly don't have the energy nor the knowledge or capacity to try and argument what you said, you seem to rly know your sh1t (no jk intended if you maybe thought so...). So I'll try to keep it simple (/EDIT/ Ok I think I may not have tried enough lol).

No pb mate, it's a forum, anyone can participate. I mean if I rly wanted to keep it between us 2 I'd have prbbly sent a private message or smt....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As an overall fina note, I'd like to say that I just gave my personal opinion on that com :
Lol this thread is a never ending theory loop. I think I saw smn saying they would be disappointed (and drop this) if it was just Deryl's clones or smt. As for me, honestly at this point I wouldn't care, even knowing what would happen next.
It's like when in naruto/one piece/dbz/hxh/bleach..., yk what's coming, yk it perfectly, but you still jizz your pants when it comes lol.
Why? bc this sh1t is peak shonen. I know a lot of you are here for the story, the mystery, the special vibe it has to it. I'm here for a bit of that too, but I'm mostly here bc this is prbbly the only AVN (yeah bc some have like just 3-4 sex scenes in the whole game)I played with actual choices and epic battles. Believe me I tried searching for smt similar in term of baddasitude, epic battles choice that will determine how the battle goes... There isn't.
Some show potential like Terrene, some others do have epic battles like mad world but your previous choices don't rly impact them. However, it's still too early to decide for both of those games.

Anyway, I didn't come here for this initially lol. I know the update is for this month I have pratically been stalking his patreon page even though I don't have a patreon account lol. SO yeah, I was wondering, does smn have more info on when it's coming out? Like, is it in the latter part of the month? Or, is it nearly coming?

Ah and I also see ppl are still talkin abt wether the twins died or not... I honestly still don't understan why they are so adamant on it being either. I mean why can't it be both depending on your stats? For exemple if you have too much corruption maybe you'll be so blinded by anger and revenge that you won't see that you could save them or smt similar depending on your skill/power stats, or even your relationship status with them... I mean that's what's the most fun on this game, your choice actually matter in some way. For exemple, I didn't know you could save Laurie if you didn't go see that monster. Oh and thx again to whoever shared it lol.

THX
I genuinely like shonen, and this AVN is prbbly the only one I played which have all the features I described in there, the feeling that you have a choice, the plethora of sex scenes (cherry on top)... There are tons of good AVN with great plots, good pacing and mysteries to uncover (ok maybe not that many but still more than what I'm looking for; there are maybe 3, 4 or 5 that I know of and that's a stretch).

I just explained my stance a bit like you did. I litteraly said :

As for me
I know a lot of you are here for the story, the mystery, the special vibe it has to it. I'm here for a bit of that too, but I'm mostly here bc this is prbbly the only AVN (yeah bc some have like just 3-4 sex scenes in the whole game)I played with actual choices and epic battles. Believe me I tried searching for smt similar in term of baddasitude, epic battles choice that will determine how the battle goes... There isn't.
Maybe it's just me, but that guy came at me with quite the antagonizing tone when he could've just come with an informative one or an argumentative one. Alas thx to you, I think I understood why he did. He prbbly thought like you, that I was mocking you guys....

Wow, that's quite the big chunk lol. Anyway, I understand and accept your stance. In the end, we all like what we like and how we like it. I'm the same, I'm no exception lol.

THX
[EDITED]

Last edited:
Reactions: KingBan

Dikaebi

Dec 28, 2019
but I'm mostly here bc this is prbbly the only AVN (yeah bc some have like just 3-4 sex scenes in the whole game)I played with actual choices and epic battles. Believe me I tried searching for smt similar in term of baddasitude, epic battles choice that will determine how the battle goes... There isn't.
Frankly mood, i am here both for the story, the general world building (very different) and the "shonen" feels. While choices dont generally impact the grander schemes of things it just feel so nice to constantly be reminded that you did those choices and see the result, like battling against Val, i was a bit disappointed at first you needed help but dismissed it, then reading through here i discovered that you can actually win on your own (subsequently restarted for it but dw) or things like that. It always feels nice and from all the VN i've seen, none really do the same, especially not on such a large scale

Also it's nice to not be forced into specific fetishes except for a few minor (very large) visual one like them badonkers. It's the prototype 2 we deserved but didn't get, with sex and aliens instead of virus and zombie

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020

Just gonna put one thing out there for you :
If memory serves, WeirdWorld said their numbering format for the game's versions isn't all that reliable. Which isn't anything new, really. Plenty of devs have a hard time keeping an exact scale for that, it's not something that is especially difficult for amateur devs.

So, just because we're currently on version 0.982 doesn't mean we're that close to the ending at all.

i've actually seen the "speed" of version number change quite a bit since I started following this game. As in, it slowed down drastically.
WeirdWorld most likely realized they were uping the digits too fast for how much work was left, hence why the updates now seem so hefty despite the numbers barely going up.

Reactions: Johan_0000

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018

I think the recent tendency to chop up the game was the result of his patreons in a like a poll or something. When choosing between 2 large updates every 6 months or 3 or 4 smaller updates spaced throughout the year, the choice was the latter

INquiop

Jun 13, 2018
Hey sorry if this was asked before but do u guys think we can posses someone if we really wanted to since we can turn into anything and now we can affect the mind/soul it's not impossible to take over another's body and mind possible use said persons powers since its their body that's generating it

AlfieT84

Dec 22, 2017
Hey sorry if this was asked before but do u guys think we can posses someone if we really wanted to since we can turn into anything and now we can affect the mind/soul it's not impossible to take over another's body and mind possible use said persons powers since its their body that's generating it
That is confirmed to be impossible. Or at least it is believed to be so

JerryBanana

Dec 30, 2019
Memory has nothing to do with possession if mc is able to do it in the future it will be because of the body.

We know of 1 superhuman and 2 monsters that can do something similar, Langdon, the M:97 and M:22 Minyak.

Langdon and M:97 we dont know anything about so i wont talk about them.

Minyak is 50% authority, 40% body and 10% darkness, it can spew oil and take over organic matter, it can turn its body to oil and 2 can merge together to power up, if i had to guess the abilities to merge and turn into oil are powers from the body and the ability to take over organic matter is a mix of authority and darkness.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
It's for sure currently impossible considering MC cant even replicate monster "powers" despite being able to use their "form".

Like he doesn't have a human heart anymore but we haven't seen his display any powers related to wherever xanthe got the heart from its literally just "better functioning as a structure than human heart", same thing with the chimeras/deryl despite eating a bunch of their meat and crossing memories with deryl all we've seen is his physical transformation none of any of the monsters powers. Also if you buy any of parts from shopkeep (not required) you still don't get any powers from them beyond power/skill gains but that's not the same thing as using their "powers".

A fleeting presence

May 13, 2023
I was watching Weirdworld's latest stream (13th? this one < >) today and I noticed something I didn't catch on before regarding Tiffany:

I think it's immediately after her fight with MC on the training room that she mentions she can't quite control where she will end up when she moves due her traveling to the speed of light. WeirdWorld says "(...) and the fact it's light-paced" and "(...) showing off her powers, moving at the speed of light)" got me thinking: Is Tiffany restricted to moving EXACTLY at the speed of light or not?

I can't replay the game at the moment for double-checking after that fight and her small talk after the 2nd evolution to verify it, but if that was NOT the case, and she could move at a slower speed, it would be quite funny since the drawback of not being able to see stuff would become "manageable" up to a certain point.

Tahxeol

Nov 30, 2018
Mind control is a power related to Authority, and MC power are related to the Body and it’s twin, the Memory. Therefore, direct mind control is impossible. Indirect mind control, by slowly rewriting someone mind over time (I would say corruption, but this term already exist in this game) is still possible through implementation of false memories, but that doesn’t seem to fit the MC style

Tahxeol

Nov 30, 2018
I was watching Weirdworld's latest stream (13th? this one < >) today and I noticed something I didn't catch on before regarding Tiffany:

I think it's immediately after her fight with MC on the training room that she mentions she can't quite control where she will end up when she moves due her traveling to the speed of light. WeirdWorld says "(...) and the fact it's light-paced" and "(...) showing off her powers, moving at the speed of light)" got me thinking: Is Tiffany restricted to moving EXACTLY at the speed of light or not?

I can't replay the game at the moment for double-checking after that fight and her small talk after the 2nd evolution to verify it, but if that was NOT the case, and she could move at a slower speed, it would be quite funny since the drawback of not being able to see stuff would become "manageable" up to a certain point.
She turn into light and back into human form, so I guess she only has light speed in her immaterial form.
Also, using her powers targeting below her must be terrifying: get the correct timing, or (well, I don’t know, would this instant kill her?)

Reactions: A fleeting presence
4.80 star(s) 330 Votes