JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018
Pretty sure they have to be written that way for Micheal to not end up seeming like a cuck.
They grew up together
They virtually spend every waking moment together
They fight, commit crimes basically do everything together
You cant tell me that it doesn't narratively makes sense if you discount the MC. Narratively it probably makes more sense then Deryl and Amber.
I think that's the reason they didn't ended togheter, they know each other too much. Would only happen if the parents pushed. Michael also have no interest, he lose his virginity for a mission with a fifty year old woman. Alice is not the girl who goes after a guy either.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I wish it were possible, I prefer to play an MC where he is not completely good or evil, i.e. an MC who can do something morally questionable or something good without being restricted by corruption. Just like Ella, Ella can help someone, she can be affectionate with her friends or be a killer, nothing restricts her actions.
You can do that right now, you can go full corruption or just take corruption points when it actually gives something else. (several choices give +power + corruption, others just give + corruption)
Also wearing the helmet negates getting corruption points for several choices and parts in the story...
I agree sometimes it's hard to plan since choices we make now can have unexpected results in a later update...

As for Ella, we have no idea about her restrictions or freedom of choice, she does what she does, but how much of that is by her own will? She keeps Christy and Emily out of the superhuman ratrace... She didn't really want to involve MC either, but it's clear the Xanthe's work together playing both sides... They have power over Cole, so they have power over Ella too... She escaped, but without finding "the One" she's never really free... It's others running the show and as long Ella or MC isn't the strongest, for both it's just dancing to the tune that's being played by the top dogs...

Lammy123

Nov 7, 2021
Pretty sure they have to be written that way for Micheal to not end up seeming like a cuck.
They grew up together
You cant tell me that it doesn't narratively makes sense if you discount the MC. Narratively it probably makes more sense then Deryl and Amber.
Mate, people can be close friend without ending up as a couple/being interested in each other. Alice/Michael are honestly family to one another, romantic partners they are not. You have to significantly change Alice's and Michael's characters and their dynamic for them to end up together.

Compare with Deryl/Amber who were already dating before Deryl fucked it all up by being a selfish, cheating, arrogant arsehole. All things he is already in the process of maturing out of as the story progresses. Their relationship just has to follow a pretty natural story progression (Deryl matures a bit more, apologies for being such a shitty boyfriend/person, promises to be better).

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
Mate, people can be close friend without ending up as a couple/being interested in each other. Alice/Michael are honestly family to one another, romantic partners they are not. You have to significantly change Alice's and Michael's characters and their dynamic for them to end up together.

Compare with Deryl/Amber who were already dating before Deryl fucked it all up by being a selfish, cheating, arrogant arsehole. All things he is already in the process of maturing out of as the story progresses. Their relationship just has to follow a pretty natural story progression (Deryl matures a bit more, apologies for being such a shitty boyfriend/person, promises to be better).
Nah not convinced. Nothing about their characters would change if they kept doing what they did but as a power couple, unless of course im forgetting something. Maybe throw one or two flirtatious quips here and there and you're good.
The natural progression of their dynamic would just be that they never had any time for anything other their work. But after beating back the alderman they finally get times to themselves and think of their future.
Micheal finding something more important to him then strength to break the seeming cycle of abuse that his father put him through. And Alice finally settling down with everyone she cares about close to her would be pretty cool too.

Last edited:
Reactions: (Light)

Juan96

Mar 11, 2024
You can do that right now, you can go full corruption or just take corruption points when it actually gives something else. (several choices give +power + corruption, others just give + corruption)
Also wearing the helmet negates getting corruption points for several choices and parts in the story...
I agree sometimes it's hard to plan since choices we make now can have unexpected results in a later update...

As for Ella, we have no idea about her restrictions or freedom of choice, she does what she does, but how much of that is by her own will? She keeps Christy and Emily out of the superhuman ratrace... She didn't really want to involve MC either, but it's clear the Xanthe's work together playing both sides... They have power over Cole, so they have power over Ella too... She escaped, but without finding "the One" she's never really free... It's others running the show and as long Ella or MC isn't the strongest, for both it's just dancing to the tune that's being played by the top dogs...
I know, but I'm upset because I was trying to achieve the change in powers because of the influence of corruption that Nyx had mentioned, but I think it will be impossible to achieve that without having very high corruption and that high corruption now blocking some choices.

Reactions: vogelbeest

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
My brother, I laughed a lot when Daryl shot Briar without thinking twice
Briar: don't worry Cole, I'm here to take care of your injuries
Deryl: Briar, do you know what time it is?
Briar: what?
Deryl:
View attachment 3796042
Right in his stupid Healing face too ! In his Dumb "Near-death" to "instant full heal" applying stupid, idiot... S.I.N. helping face.
They grew up together
Also I wonder if it is some kind of unforseen side effect of being raised on that A-8163 serum ? it somehow limits the sexual appetite ? Since neither of them seem keen on initiating romantic shit. It might be a reach. But before the latest update where Alice happily molests the MC in his Shota form Maybe becoming slightly emotionally cold is part of taking the serum since teenage ?
But then again there are other characters who also don't seem to be super horny all the time like Tess. Tiffany is also cold and distant and even more anti-horny than Alice.

Dominosaur

Nov 21, 2021
.... No. The Mc gets to decide early on what sex Demi is. After that point Demi IS that sex. The MC is far to powerful for Demi power to affect him to that extent.
Nah, when MC and Demi meet, they're actually pretty close power wise. Granted it took Demi 5 years to get there, and MC outstrips them pretty quickly. But yeah, to start, you're pretty close. After that, it's like how we still forgot jake was fat until we realized he fucked us over.

The difference is, Demi is benevolent, so the apostles/arbiter never grab the lie and shred it out of rage. Like, Explicitly, Demi's appearance is what you want out of them. Why break the illusion you willingly chose for yourself?

corewen

Mar 28, 2018
I know, but I'm upset because I was trying to achieve the change in powers because of the influence of corruption that Nyx had mentioned, but I think it will be impossible to achieve that without having very high corruption and that high corruption now blocking some choices.

You mean having rom/love choices pulled away from you due to your own actions of being a selfish pos is keeping you from being said pos and finding love? I mean seriously, of all the things to complain about... You think that becoming a psycho path wouldn't make you not feel anything?

Reactions: Lolikanion

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
Honestly I'm glad that high corruption is finally starting to have very minor negative consequences in the story. Until now its been "more power go brrrrr" for evil dickhead characters
To be honest in this game there has never been much of a link between corruption and you doing anything that is actually evil...most of the people you can absorb for corruption+power are definitely not good and you can also gain corruption by also killing some murderous filth like the thugs that ambush you at the gas station, Suicide Wang murdering college students, kill him and you get corruption, the gang of thugs extorting Emily's dad, etc...most are filth that are better off dead. Doing that type of stuff doesn't turn someone into a psychopath unable of empathy. And then there is also the whole helmet bullshit...wearing the helmet typically means you can't do a bunch of other evening activities like calling all of the MC's friends, listening to news reports, etc. It directly results in missing content. Over 90% of the things that get you corruption have nothing to do with being evil.

adanu

Mar 28, 2020
To be honest in this game there has never been much of a link between corruption and you doing anything that is actually evil...most of the people you can absorb for corruption+power are definitely not good and you can also gain corruption by also killing some murderous filth like the thugs that ambush you at the gas station, Suicide Wang murdering college students, kill him and you get corruption, the gang of thugs extorting Emily's dad, etc...most are filth that are better off dead. Doing that type of stuff doesn't turn someone into a psychopath unable of empathy. And then there is also the whole helmet bullshit...wearing the helmet typically means you can't do a bunch of other evening activities like calling all of the MC's friends, listening to news reports, etc. It directly results in missing content. Over 90% of the things that get you corruption have nothing to do with being evil.
Corruption is not about morality. It's about giving into your non-human side.

FakeTemplar

May 9, 2023
The thing that matters isn't what type of people you kill, but the act of killing itself. A high corruption MC is a MC that resorted to violence and submiting his foes with his power so many times that it is becoming his main and only way to solve things, exactly what happens in that Amber scene.
W.W. also confirmed that corruption is how much closer you are to your monster nature, and the side effects clearly won't care which way you got these corruption points.

Zorad

Nov 2, 2017
Just a heads up: you don't actually need to choose the helmet option every single night, the game tracks the last time you did/didn't. So you can still get the calls and news scenes and avoid corruption as long as you wore the helmet at least once and didn't choose the option to sleep without it afterwards.

4.80 star(s) 342 Votes