zandalari

May 4, 2019
I editted my post to provide additional exposition. Also generalizing the "corruption" aspect the Vestige talks about is jumping through hoops too.
Is them being stronger than normal before evo 5 relevant to anything? As you said, Ella couldn't do it, sooo...

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Is them being stronger than normal before evo 5 relevant to anything? As you said, Ella couldn't do it, sooo...
You have 2 superhumans of similar circumstances, and one is so much more powerful that there is no contest, not just in skill but also in power pool. What's the difference between them?

MC is one such individual. He gains power significantly faster than anyone else.
2 months to surpass Laurie (2 years)
1 year to reach half Cole's power (7 years)
And Ella expects MC to surpass her shortly, which should be impossible considering that she is an Apostlespawn and a level 5 with 7 years of experience.

Is it so hard to imagine that sub-level5s that are abnormally strong also gain their powers from unique circumstances? Like connections to gods?
And if that's the case, it means that reaching level 5 is not the catalyst for this connection as it was always there to begin with.

Brother Gtdead do you think when mc ascends to level 4 he will also join the built different squad as level 4 might finally be the place where mc makes leaps and bounds of progress due to it being the limit breaker stage and all.I already saw the post about what you think level 4 will get and it was a beautiful post but what's you prediction on a simpler question like this.
Well, just the fact that evolutions increase power exponentially is enough to make him look like making leaps and bounds of progress. This is the issue with exponentials in general, the lower range being significantly smaller than the upper range.

Generally speaking, I expect level 4 MC to surpass most conventional entities, like the weaker level 5s and S ranks. It may not happen immediately but I doubt it'll take more than a couple of months, especially if he gets to have another big training montage.

From there on, I think level 5 MC will become as strong as the Captains from the get go. It will become an issue of "my god is stronger than yours". Let the crusades commence.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

zandalari

May 4, 2019
You have 2 superhumans of similar circumstances, and one is so much more powerful that there is no contest, not just in skill but also in power pool. What's the difference between them?

MC is one such individual. He gains power significantly faster than anyone else.
2 months to surpass Laurie (2 years)
1 year to reach half Cole's power (7 years)
And Ella expects MC to surpass her shortly, which should be impossible considering that she is an Apostlespawn and a level 5 with 7 years of experience.

Is it so hard to imagine that sub-level5s that are abnormally strong also gain their powers from unique circumstances? Like connections to gods?
And if that's the case, it means that reaching level 5 is not the catalyst for this connection as it was always there to begin with.
Okay I'm going to assume a few things here. 1) With gods you mean Apostles. 2) This connection to them is in some way practical and the Apostles and the Spawn are aware of each other and actively do shit together. 3) This connection to them rises with corruption, since you can't even understand monster speech at low levels. You're gonna have a pretty hard time explaining Ella, Nyx and Malik.

Malik is a nat 5 and seemingly as human as they get in his attitude and everything. Probably the sole reason why he's still with us. Nyx is corrupt as fuck and had to use the serum. Ella is both pretty corrupt and abnormally close to the Apostles in every way imaginable. Still couldn't get to 5. Hell, Bernhard had to be told beings of the imperfect Eye's caliber exist by Xanthe. Dude seems genuinely unaware of Apostles or anything higher.

Perhaps it's just that some people adapted to monsterization better than others and that's all there is to it, no mystical connections needed?

Reactions: Sayajin2205

sexoffended

Oct 6, 2020
Wasn't it said by Xanthe or someone that Henri's experience was used to assist Malik and Bernhardt with final evolution?
Henri is probably that natural chimera with double the power. "Ascendant, yet unborn"? Vortex of power he's transformed half the time he's dreaming? Absorbed twin. Power of a forgotten deity? Outer twin or something else responsible for twin magic.
Dude probably managed to conquer some Vestiges to gather necessary things for those two to prepare for ascention.

Reactions: Dikaebi

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Okay I'm going to assume a few things here. 1) With gods you mean Apostles. 2) This connection to them is in some way practical and the Apostles and the Spawn are aware of each other and actively do shit together. 3) This connection to them rises with corruption, since you can't even understand monster speech at low levels. You're gonna have a pretty hard time explaining Ella, Nyx and Malik.

Malik is a nat 5 and seemingly as human as they get in his attitude and everything. Probably the sole reason why he's still with us. Nyx is corrupt as fuck and had to use the serum. Ella is both pretty corrupt and abnormally close to the Apostles in every way imaginable. Still couldn't get to 5. Hell, Bernhard had to be told beings of the imperfect Eye's caliber exist by Xanthe. Dude seems genuinely unaware of Apostles or anything higher.

Perhaps it's just that some people adapted to monsterization better than others and that's all there is to it, no mystical connections needed?
I wanted to tackle this in a more broader sense but it was going to be huge, so I'll just answer your points.

The word "connection" has been used under many circumstances. It happens during evolution (Valravn), it allows transfer of power from the planes (Eye during dead end), it allows communication between entities (Originator to spawn, Dreamer to dreamer) and it allows using mental abilities at range (routed through the inner planes). Additionally the level of this connection is kind of measurable, can be somewhat affected by corruption and spawn possessing multiple traits have more of it.

By gods I mean every divine entity, including Apostles, Arbiters, Great Ocean, Henri's forgotten god, the Tentacle thing in the monster world. So far we've seen connections to Arbiters (MC) and Apostles (MC, Michael, Alice). We may have also seen a connection to the Great Ocean (Amber).

Connections don't require corruption to happen. They exist since the spawn's infection. High corruption is described as making you more like a monster and it increases the frequency of the "voices". However there is absolutely no indication that it increases the potency of the effects that use these connections, like mental abilities and evolutions.

Ella, Malik and Nyx are all different.
Ella:
Meeting her after killing Jake, she says that level 5 is when the monsters know you are ready. Ella was deemed a failure by Memory when she completed her 3rd, so she will never be ready.

Nyx and the rest serum level 5s:
HERO agents avoid natural fifth evolutions because it's deemed dangerous. This is explained by Clark. So not only you have to actively look for some arbitrary requirements but they can kill you but completing them does not necessitate you will evolve, it just unlocks the potential.

Clark "There's a bunch of requirements leading up to it that'll probably kill you before your evolution even starts. Henri met his on accident, or so he tells me. Bernhardt and Malik sought them out afterwards."
Clark "But yeah, to answer your question, they didn't want us trying it. The evolving on its own is dangerous enough as it is, and even fulfilling those requirements don't guarantee it will happen or that you'll survive."

Malik (and the other 2):
Considering Ella's words that I mentioned earlier, the thing that makes the most sense to me is that these 3 have different (and easier) requirements. Consider Henri for a bit. If you are a forgotten god with a mangled line you can't be too picky about allowing your "Chosen" to claim your power. If on the other hand you are an Apostle, you have too many options. Even if your 100% purity Chosen fails, you can probably find a 90% purity one strong enough to do what you need to do.

And finally, the reason why I don't think they are just people who adapted better to "monsterization", is because the Eye recognises them and knows who they are. It's obvious that the Eye doesn't know who Malik is. He knows who the "Completed, but kept whole by faith" is and that he shouldn't be allowed to thrive or coexist with the other 2 for some reason.

When the Eye speaks to MC, he says this:
Unknown "I trust you'll figure it out soon enough."
Unknown "I mean, who can you trust, if not yourself?"

This points to the Eye considering itself and MC as the same entity and extends the same logic to the big trio.

Last edited:

zandalari

May 4, 2019
I wanted to tackle this in a more broader sense but it was going to be huge, so I'll just answer your points.

The word "connection" has been used under many circumstances. It happens during evolution (Valravn), it allows transfer of power from the planes (Eye during dead end), it allows communication between entities (Originator to spawn, Dreamer to dreamer) and it allows using mental abilities at range (routed through the inner planes). Additionally the level of this connection is kind of measurable, can be somewhat affected by corruption and spawn possessing multiple traits have more of it.

By gods I mean every divine entity, including Apostles, Arbiters, Great Ocean, Henri's forgotten god, the Tentacle thing in the monster world. So far we've seen connections to Arbiters (MC) and Apostles (MC, Michael, Alice). We may have also seen a connection to the Great Ocean (Amber).

Connections don't require corruption to happen. They exist since the spawn's infection. High corruption is described as making you more like a monster and it increases the frequency of the "voices". However there is absolutely no indication that it increases the potency of the effects that use these connections, like mental abilities and evolutions.

Ella, Malik and Nyx are all different.
Ella:
Meeting her after killing Jake, she says that level 5 is when the monsters know you are ready. Ella was deemed a failure by Memory when she completed her 3rd, so she will never be ready.

Nyx and the rest serum level 5s:
HERO agents avoid natural fifth evolutions because it's deemed dangerous. This is explained by Clark. So not only you have to actively look for some arbitrary requirements but they can kill you but completing them does not necessitate you will evolve, it just unlocks the potential.

Clark "There's a bunch of requirements leading up to it that'll probably kill you before your evolution even starts. Henri met his on accident, or so he tells me. Bernhardt and Malik sought them out afterwards."
Clark "But yeah, to answer your question, they didn't want us trying it. The evolving on its own is dangerous enough as it is, and even fulfilling those requirements don't guarantee it will happen or that you'll survive."

Malik (and the other 2):
Considering Ella's words that I mentioned earlier, the thing that makes the most sense to me is that these 3 have different (and easier) requirements. Consider Henri for a bit. If you are a forgotten god with a mangled line you can't be too picky about allowing your "Chosen" to claim your power. If on the other hand you are an Apostle, you have too many options. Even if your 100% purity Chosen fails, you can probably find a 90% purity one strong enough to do what you need to do.

And finally, the reason why I don't think they are just people who adapted better to "monsterization", is because the Eye recognises them and knows who they are. It's obvious that the Eye doesn't know who Malik is. He knows who the "Completed, but kept whole by faith" is and that he shouldn't be allowed to thrive or coexist with the other 2 for some reason.

When the Eye speaks to MC, he says this:
Unknown "I trust you'll figure it out soon enough."
Unknown "I mean, who can you trust, if not yourself?"

This points to the Eye considering itself and MC as the same entity and extends the same logic to the big trio.
This is just going in circles.

I particularly don't think the Eye knows shit, it just reads their auras/energy and makes deductions, but alright. Who are they bonded to?

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
This is just going in circles.

I particularly don't think the Eye knows shit, it just reads their auras/energy and makes deductions, but alright. Who are they bonded to?
The Vestige has already talked about a forgotten deity that gave Henri and the Old Seahuman King their powers.
The assumption is that Malik and Bernhardt have similar circumstances and this is bad news to the Eye. Perhaps they were enemies in the long past. The Eye also seems very surprised to see these 3 at the same time.

I don't know who they are but I'm confident they aren't the same as the Apostles and their relatives.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
The Vestige has already talked about a forgotten deity that gave Henri and the Old Seahuman King their powers.
The assumption is that Malik and Bernhardt have similar circumstances and this is bad news to the Eye. Perhaps they were enemies in the long past. The Eye also seems very surprised to see these 3 at the same time.

I don't know who they are but I'm confident they aren't the same as the Apostles and their relatives.
Henri would be the only one I'd accept because yes, we have confirmation about it. The others, though? Nah. Would get pretty crowded pretty fast. But I guess we have the info that we have and it's pretty limited so we'll have to return to this later when we know more.

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
Does anyone know how or why Bailey became bound to the MC and survived Kenny's death? She was one of many of Kenny's zombies, the MC fell in her slime and got a glimpse of her memories, the girl she used to be and how she died...but I don't see how that would help her survive. She was squished by the MC and if that weren't enough all the rest of Kenny's zombies died the moment Kenny died. I literally have no clue why she didn't and even if she had survived, why would she become completely loyal to the MC?

TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
Does anyone know how or why Bailey became bound to the MC and survived Kenny's death? She was one of many of Kenny's zombies, the MC fell in her slime and got a glimpse of her memories, the girl she used to be and how she died...but I don't see how that would help her survive. She was squished by the MC and if that weren't enough all the rest of Kenny's zombies died the moment Kenny died. I literally have no clue why she didn't and even if she had survived, why would she become completely loyal to the MC?
MC can devour consciousness/souls through brains. He quite literally ate her soul and thats why sticks around. She likely survived thanks to luck most likely. She's loyal to the MC because hes stronger than her.

Reactions: Dark479

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
MC can devour consciousness/souls through brains. He quite literally ate her soul and thats why sticks around. She likely survived thanks to luck most likely. She's loyal to the MC because hes stronger than her.
Yeah but the soul sucking came later and it was at her own request because she did not want to be forced by the calls of the sea and the moon to go to one of those places(probably the deep ocean as I don't see how she'd get to the moon).

TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
Yeah but the soul sucking came later and it was at her own request because she did not want to be forced by the calls of the sea and the moon to go to one of those places(probably the deep ocean as I don't see how she'd get to the moon).
Perharps the reason she persisted after Kenny's death was that she also had significant compatability with a Minyak. Maybe she could have become a Minyak-Spawn if she wasnt made into a zombie. Who knows?

Reactions: Dark479
4.80 star(s) 342 Votes