Dominosaur

Nov 21, 2021
Yeah there's sometimes a few interesting tidbits in there. For example the same bad end also suggests that Malik's powers are to do with fire. Which unfortunately (in the future of course) is another bad power match up for the MC... lol just for once I want to see us have the direct advantage over the opponent superhuman.
We did against Jake actually. If we destroy our own ears, Jake is an absolute joke. If he didn't have an army, super weapons, and Deryl to back him up, we would have killed him in like a minute and a half. His CLI power can't actually surpass our healing factor, and if we can't hear his orders, arguably his strongest weapon is disabled.

It took us like 3 fights to figure that out but still, we did have the advantage there.

devilsdetails

Jun 18, 2018
We did against Jake actually. If we destroy our own ears, Jake is an absolute joke. If he didn't have an army, super weapons, and Deryl to back him up, we would have killed him in like a minute and a half. His CLI power can't actually surpass our healing factor, and if we can't hear his orders, arguably his strongest weapon is disabled.

It took us like 3 fights to figure that out but still, we did have the advantage there.
I'm with you there but Jake's power never was about direct conflict anyway. In a classic DND mindflayer/genestealer patriarch kinda way ideally they wouldn't engage till all their mooks are done. We had many advantages besides being able to regen brain damage and not having to rely on brute force. We knew who they were, how they worked etc. We also had to spend so much time working against our own brain working on not harming him. In theory if we have full biomantic body control could we edit those aspects out? Why do we have internal organs at all to affect? At stage 2 we're basically slime with a spine lol. Ella says at stage 5 she could regen from a scrap of flesh. Does imply that organs/bones etc aren't really a necessity at all

Dont get me wrong I love the way Weird has approached the MCs powerset. I kinda just want him to win a slugfest a la overpowered isekai protagonist for once. Its just me. Not saying it as a critique on the writing

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I'm still thinking that the forced transformations are probably going to lead to big power gaps between HERO and ella. and in the way that Ella is more powerful then HERO even with 2 5th evo people.

Idk just thinking because when Ella mentioned that the power gaps between 5th evolutions are where the big big gaps happen, and the only ones we can say are confirmed are 5th are the 2 HERO people and ella, and possibly that one guy in the mine with ella in the previous update(can't say much about him). I think it's hinting at the drugs being not as good as a pure evolutions. (Or they are too newly evolved/ inexperienced but I don't think this is the case). (Or in another case their 'talent' isn't actually on par with ella's since she can see talent/compatibilities for supers.)
Wasn't that already established though ? I seem to remember mentions about how the drug-forced evolution was unnatural and as such less effective, implying that since the body wasn't yet ready to evolve, the evolution was, therefor, nowhere near as "efficient" as a natural one...

I also kinda wonder are HERO and ella really on opposite sides? I mean when we think about HERO's aggression toward ella I think it's mostly a one sided conflict, as in HERO as the aggressor except for getting into their base to take their drugs. That's all there really is to it I feel. Like I get the mystic of ella being weird goals but really what are the HERO's goals as well, they seem pretty shady at the end of the day. They have a mad scientist (It's so cool) who's goals seem to be pushing humanity to evolve but is that really against ella's goal? and who's to say that HERO is actually on the side of good?
That's pretty simple. It's the difference you see often in comics. Ella is basically an anti-hero, like Deadpool. She uses whatever methods needed, doesn't care too much for consequences. Means to an end, basically.
HERO, on the other hand, want th appear as the good guys. They do use shady methods too, but they pretend otherwise to be "the good guys". But deep down a lot of them are assholes. Kinda like the official heroes in The Boys, if you've seen it.
That's why they hate each other. In Ella's eyes, HERO are a bunch of pompous assholes who'd let whatever she's preparing for creep in way too close before reacting, or even noticing it. They wouldn't take the necessary measures and end up fucking everything up for everyone. And in HERO's eyes, Ella is a dangerous lunatic borderlining on the sociopath that will burn the world to the ground to do whatever she wants to do.
In truth, neither are good nor bad. Both sides are heavily flawed, because everything is written in such a way that it shows it's never black or white. There are no heroes or vilains there, just different shades of assholes.

I know ella is more selective with who she turns into a super and HERO seems to also just pick up random people if they have powers but the goals don't seem to really be totally against each other. That might also be why ella is a bit more strong then HERO, selective evolution idk. Could be the case since the theme for the game is evolution and HERO seems not that selective while ella is very selective.
Arguably, it might be because of Ella's vision. She mentionned multiple times she can "see" people who would be compatible for transformation, and also see with which monster they'd be compatible. A good example is when she talks about Emily, saying she'd be perfectly compatible, but she can't figure out with which monster, or if it's that she's uniquely compatible with all of them (if memory serves). Therefor, she opted not to transform her, as the result would be way too unpredictable to be worth the risk to her friend.
Ella chooses quality through that vision of hers, while HERO needs in depth research and testing to figure out who's compatible and how. Also, they do transformations via surgery, rather than letting recruits get attacked, which lengthen the process even more.

Wondering how jake is doing tbh, he's kinda been awol since the start of the update right? and I think jake is a pretty decent ally to have since i think we beat the crap out of him,(If he is still alive in some of your runs) he should realise where he went wrong. can't wait for the can of worms to open when jake and shorty come into contact.
Depending on your choices, he's either dead, or just on the run. He's pretty much on the same boat as the MC in the end of the current update : his face, name and deeds are known by relevant authorities, and he's being actively hunted. There is a very likely possibility he won't be seen again in the game, or maybe only at a specific point to give a hand. But, as he is a character you can kill, his involvement with the story will be quite minor, as it would make a huge amount of work to put two versions of events, between him being alive and back, and him being dead.

anyways sorry for wall text
No worries; This threads is used to big posts. We thrive on discussing theories and opinions.

I should try all the dead ends at some point.
Honestly, since you're one of the people out here with the most knowledge about what paths give and such, if you wanted and waste the time on it, I htink you'd be pretty much capable of listing where dead ends are, which events give points, and such things.
You'd basically be able to make a non-spoiler walkthrough if you decided to.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Wasn't that already established though ? I seem to remember mentions about how the drug-forced evolution was unnatural and as such less effective, implying that since the body wasn't yet ready to evolve, the evolution was, therefor, nowhere near as "efficient" as a natural one...

That's pretty simple. It's the difference you see often in comics. Ella is basically an anti-hero, like Deadpool. She uses whatever methods needed, doesn't care too much for consequences. Means to an end, basically.
HERO, on the other hand, want th appear as the good guys. They do use shady methods too, but they pretend otherwise to be "the good guys". But deep down a lot of them are assholes. Kinda like the official heroes in The Boys, if you've seen it.
That's why they hate each other. In Ella's eyes, HERO are a bunch of pompous assholes who'd let whatever she's preparing for creep in way too close before reacting, or even noticing it. They wouldn't take the necessary measures and end up fucking everything up for everyone. And in HERO's eyes, Ella is a dangerous lunatic borderlining on the sociopath that will burn the world to the ground to do whatever she wants to do.
In truth, neither are good nor bad. Both sides are heavily flawed, because everything is written in such a way that it shows it's never black or white. There are no heroes or vilains there, just different shades of assholes.

Arguably, it might be because of Ella's vision. She mentionned multiple times she can "see" people who would be compatible for transformation, and also see with which monster they'd be compatible. A good example is when she talks about Emily, saying she'd be perfectly compatible, but she can't figure out with which monster, or if it's that she's uniquely compatible with all of them (if memory serves). Therefor, she opted not to transform her, as the result would be way too unpredictable to be worth the risk to her friend.
Ella chooses quality through that vision of hers, while HERO needs in depth research and testing to figure out who's compatible and how. Also, they do transformations via surgery, rather than letting recruits get attacked, which lengthen the process even more.

Depending on your choices, he's either dead, or just on the run. He's pretty much on the same boat as the MC in the end of the current update : his face, name and deeds are known by relevant authorities, and he's being actively hunted. There is a very likely possibility he won't be seen again in the game, or maybe only at a specific point to give a hand. But, as he is a character you can kill, his involvement with the story will be quite minor, as it would make a huge amount of work to put two versions of events, between him being alive and back, and him being dead.

No worries; This threads is used to big posts. We thrive on discussing theories and opinions.

Honestly, since you're one of the people out here with the most knowledge about what paths give and such, if you wanted and waste the time on it, I htink you'd be pretty much capable of listing where dead ends are, which events give points, and such things.
You'd basically be able to make a non-spoiler walkthrough if you decided to.
Possibly. The thing with dead ends though is I feel the dev is starting to setup long ones. The Christie one, for example, have you feeling confident in your choice until Ella kills you once you reach the Hospital later.

Early on, it's easy but later on it might be hard with all the variations possible. If it's related to monsters or Hero though, I'll try to get them all. Like the first dead end I ever experienced was with Ella during her apartment fight, I believe. Those I'll try to experience because they give you insight in some of the monsters and possibly clues of future events.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Rutonat

devilsdetails

Jun 18, 2018
Well there are also some snippets you can get from the nightly "listen to news" options. There was a news segment about how Tifanny's Dad's company M-Corp had a group of super soldiers that they used to conquer opposing countries during the world war. It isnt stated outright but its heavily implied that the super soldiers were actually super humans. Could be that those super humans are part of the 12 that have fully ascended to lvl 5. Especially since Clark makes a big deal about how long they have had super powers. HERO could very well be just the new public face or spin off of the M Corp super soldier program and the fact that Ella is essentially giving out superpowers outside of their careful control could be the reason they are at odds. We don't actually know whether HERO and Ella have a unified view of what the great monster threat is.

Last edited:
Reactions: PotatoFace26

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
We don't actually know whether HERO and Ella have a unified view of what the great monster threat is.
It's pretty obvious they hate each others guts. And with the fact that Ella never explains clearly why she wants the MC to grow stronger, it's pretty much a given that she doesn't share information. And with HERO wanting her, not captured, not recruited, but straight up gone... I doubt t hey have any idea of what she seems to know Otherwise they'd try to find a way to use her rather than take away one of the possible lines of defense against whatever seems to be coming.

SquiggleBoom

May 2, 2021
Well there are also some snippets you can get from the nightly "listen to news" options. There was a news segment about how Tifanny's Dad's company M-Corp had a group of super soldiers that they used to conquer opposing countries during the world war. It isnt stated outright but its heavily implied that the super soldiers were actually super humans. Could be that those super humans are part of the 12 that have fully ascended to lvl 5.
I suspect the world conquering super soldiers are the numbered monster parents, either they were used like attack dogs and then rounded up but one day escaped, or possibly were superhumans originally but have since monsterfied.

devilsdetails

Jun 18, 2018
It's pretty obvious they hate each others guts. And with the fact that Ella never explains clearly why she wants the MC to grow stronger, it's pretty much a given that she doesn't share information. And with HERO wanting her, not captured, not recruited, but straight up gone... I doubt t hey have any idea of what she seems to know Otherwise they'd try to find a way to use her rather than take away one of the possible lines of defense against whatever seems to be coming.
You are right. What I was getting at was that we are not sure whether Ella and HERO even agree on what the "BIG PICTURE" threat is. They might be working towards completely different ends. Like maybe Ella wants monster apocalypse but on superhuman terms but HERO because they exterminate monsters are unsure about whether monster apocalypse is even on the horizon [Just as an example not saying thats what the story is]

I suspect the world conquering super soldiers are the numbered monster parents, either they were used like attack dogs and then rounded up but one day escaped, or possibly were superhumans originally but have since monsterfied.
Seems unlikely. The news snippets say they still have the super soldiers. They were used to put down a rebellion in one of the sectors. Whoever the super solider was, they used earthquakes to flatten the rebels. Seems like they are completely in control superhumans.

Last edited:

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
You are right. What I was getting at was that we are not sure whether Ella and HERO even agree on what the "BIG PICTURE" threat is. They might be working towards completely different ends. Like maybe Ella wants monster apocalypse but on superhuman terms but HERO because they exterminate monsters are unsure about whether monster apocalypse is even on the horizon [Just as an example not saying thats what the story is]
Nah Ella doesn't want a monster apocalypse. If she did, she'd just flood the city with her pills. The fact she carefully selects her "pupils" and tries to get the best of them to get stronger indicates something else. There's been hints that monster might be preparing something (as in, Numbered monsters, the top brass of them) that will likely not leave the Earth, and humanity, in great shape.
So far, things seem to point out that she's trying to prepare some sort of... top of the line Earth Defense Force I guess ? Some superhuman with enough strenght to stop whatever is coming, no matter the cost.

Of course, that's just a theory for now. But with the hints we have, that's the most likely so far.
But WeirdWorld has already shown a certain skill for throwing our theories out the window in one singular update...

SquiggleBoom

May 2, 2021
Seems unlikely. The news snippets say they still have the super soldiers. They were used to put down a rebellion in one of the sectors. Whoever the super solider was, they used earthquakes to flatten the rebels. Seems like they are completely in control superhumans.
Maybe. But that could just be current HERO, it's not like the news anchors would know.

Bear1

Jun 6, 2017
Unfortunately, no. :cry:
I was looking at data changes in save games if you choose to eat it or let it go.

1) Eat her = +1 corruption, +1 Bailey eaten
2) Let her go = Nothing. The game doesn't consider it a choice with consequences at all.

I find this extremely sad and very unwise from a gameplay perspective.
Bailey could have been an extremely useful sidekick for the main character.
Due to the fact that she could take the form of objects, she would be great for surveillance and information gathering.
And the protagonist's abilities are already at a level where he should definitely be able to make her body a little more stable.

Like I said, very sad.
I also liked her very much and I hoped she would get more space in the game.
You do realize that just because it has no consequences now, doesn't mean it can't later, right? Having the game track whether she was eaten or not with a variable saying +1 to "Bailey Eaten" is in fact, the game code allowing for future content, because you can always program new content that checks for this condition.

It's really simple programming stuff. And even if it doesnt, adding a variable to track that is piss easy and can be done any time.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
You do realize that just because it has no consequences now, doesn't mean it can't later, right? Having the game track whether she was eaten or not with a variable saying +1 to "Bailey Eaten" is in fact, the game code allowing for future content, because you can always program new content that checks for this condition.

It's really simple programming stuff. And even if it doesnt, adding a variable to track that is piss easy and can be done any time.
Unfortunately, it's not that simple :(

As far as the game code goes, it makes no difference if you let Bailey go or if you never started/never finished her storyline.
That is why it is practically certain that Weirdworld has no plans to return to her.
It looks like "Bailey Eaten" only serves for tracking of acquired corruption.

Bear1

Jun 6, 2017

As far as the game code goes, it makes no difference if you let Bailey go or if you never started/never finished her storyline.
That is why it is practically certain that Weirdworld has no plans to return to her.
Well, maybe if we ask nicely the dev will add more Bailey content :D

Unrelated, but I am wondering
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Well, maybe if we ask nicely the dev will add more Bailey content :D
I think at this moment the chance of something like that is close to zero.
Don't get me wrong, Bailey was my favorite girl and I wanted nothing more than to have her as a sidekick.
Batman and Robin! (Somewhat weird, half-naked and nymphomatic Robin.)

But given the above, I think Weirdworld has already covered that road.
:cry:

WeirdWorld
I know you don't usually discuss things like this, but could you please make an exception for once and either confirm or deny that Bailey's story is definitely over? Even saying that you haven't decided yet would be enough.

WeirdWorld

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017

There's a separate flag for every time you visit bailey, so I can track if the storyline was never started, never finished, or even where specifically in the storyline you've progressed to.

Bailey Eaten is a simple yes or no variable. If it's true she's eaten, if it's false she's not eaten, either can be tracked. The default is false.
I think at this moment the chance of something like that is close to zero.
Don't get me wrong, Bailey was my favorite girl and I wanted nothing more than to have her as a sidekick.
Batman and Robin! (Somewhat weird, half-naked and nymphomatic Robin.)

But given the above, I think Weirdworld has already covered that road.
:cry:

WeirdWorld
I know you don't usually discuss things like this, but could you please make an exception for once and either confirm or deny that Bailey's story is definitely over? Even saying that you haven't decided yet would be enough.
I'll give a vague answer, but understand that I generally keep my nose out of these discussions because I don't want people to think I'm making some sort of promise, and because in general, it's not my place to comment about the story as the author. Now with all that said, nothing is definitive, if I wanted to I could easily do content with the variables set in Bailey's code, it's just a matter of me choosing to spend the time. And yes I have decided, I've had the whole storyline for superhuman written for some time now, but everyone will just have to wait and see like with everything else in the game.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Now with all that said, nothing is definitive, if I wanted to I could easily do content with the variables set in Bailey's code, it's just a matter of me choosing to spend the time. And yes I have decided, I've had the whole storyline for superhuman written for some time now, but everyone will just have to wait and see like with everything else in the game.
That is a perfectly sufficient and satisfactory answer.
Thank you very much. (y)

Reactions: pal and WeirdWorld

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020

I'll stop you right there. I've chosen to absorb Bailey, to her request, and I'm still at a pristine 0 Corruption. Just saying.
Edit : Nevermind, you are actually right. I could swear I had checked my stat after doing that part and I remember still being at 0... Ho well.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It is supposed to reflect how they think of the MC's hero persona, as you know. That's all we know so far, though. It doesn't seem to have had much of an impact. Or at least, I haven't noticed any spot where it could have.
Though, now that the MC's identity has been blown, it's likely those variables are going to start getting into play, I think. There are no reason for WeirdWorld to have spent time making those, and having them display, just for them to do nothing at all, after all.

I'll finish with two little things.

First off, I'd simply like to give a friendly warning to some people : do not confuse theorizing with wishfull thinking. There have been some people slinging "theories" that have no basis to stand on, or even go against other hints and details shown in the game so far. I completely understand what it is to want something, but please, if you wanna join in on bouncing theories off each other, you are most welcome to, just please keep in mind that it's just not throwing any idea around. It has to be based on hint or proof.
I'm not gonna name anyone because I don't want people to feel called out publicly, but I'm just saying it to make sure you don't end up sorely dissapointed because you hyped yourself on something that is pretty clearly very highly unlikely to happen.

Second... I wonder if WeirdWorld reads those theory talks we have...
I have no idea how to tag people, but I'm kinda curious if they read them and, if so, how they feel about it. Are they amused or thrilled to see us try to piece things together ? Do they get excited when we get anywhere close to the truth ? Or deeply amused when we go on a wild goose chase on basically the opposite direction ?
At the very least it must feel really good to see fans like their work enough to try to read into the hints, right ?

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes