vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Taking what Ella says when you first meet her with his friends if you select "Do we know each other?" she says she has seen the MC around before.
Yeah, but that really doesn't explain calling him by his first name when she knows pretty much all of his friends, something we find out later when snooping around her house when we find a list with names there... So why would she greet MC by his name and greet the others there with "hi guys" when they're on that same list? Very simple, Ella has been closer to MC than the others, and not just observing but interacting.

The above scenario is far more likely than it being because she killed his mom or took over his dad and replaced him, heck if I remember right she even admits that she was watching MC for a while now in her apartment
Again, there's no info in the game that suggests Ella killed MC's mother. But that does not mean she did not kill her either.
It's a theory, we know the mother was killed, MC was attacked in the same incident and needed eye surgery and has scars around his eyes. Perhaps a monster attack? It would fit the theme of the game. Your father knows what happened, you were there but don't remember and your father will not answer your questions about the event.

MC's father has the habit of disappearing for months, Ella has a similar history.
MC's father pulled strings to get MC in the college that happens to be where HERO base is...
Ella infects MC, Jake, Kenny, and Michael all students of said school... Alice and Tiffany, the daughter of a HERO leader just "happen" to be there too... And Jared the son of the competion aswell...

MC being a student there is convenient for Ella, however it's unclear what purpose it would serve for his father.
Ella knows about MC fighting Kenny and apparently MC's father transferred MC to a private clinic after the fight...
MC's father just happens to pop up several times that just seem too convenient.... Short after the infection but also you investigate the stripclub together... Also Dexter knows your father....

So your father knows about superhumans, gets you into a school that's above a superhuman base and seems to be off radar except for some convenient (possibly?) coincidental moments around crucial events in the story...
MC's father being an alter ego of (or shape used by) Ella seems to be a possibility, but your father using you as bait to catch Ella is another one... (Brianna's inspector being Ella would fit there) But it's all just too connected to be just a coincidence...

Reactions: nsfwdemanded

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Of course she knows your name already

Daryl "I see you’ve brought someone"
show daryl n flip
show dave nt
Dave "Ha, yep. Let me introduce you to Ella."
show dave n
show ella nt
Ella "Hey guys, nice to meetcha. Hi [name]..."
"How does she know my name?"
You "Uh..."

menu:
"Hi":
call Hi from _call_Hi
"Do we know each other?":

And we find a list in her house later, your name on top but all your friends on it....

So "Hi guys" to all she knows but "hi MC" to you? That implies she knows you best, even if she observed all...

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
And we find a list in her house later, your name on top but all your friends on it....
I don't recall finding such a list...but...
keyword is "later".
Specifically the only times you have been to her house is after she already turned you and them. unless you mean ALL, as in, including the ones who she didn't turn?

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah, but that really doesn't explain calling him by his first name when she knows pretty much all of his friends, something we find out later when snooping around her house when we find a list with names there... So why would she greet MC by his name and greet the others there with "hi guys" when they're on that same list? Very simple, Ella has been closer to MC than the others, and not just observing but interacting.

Again, there's no info in the game that suggests Ella killed MC's mother. But that does not mean she did not kill her either.
It's a theory, we know the mother was killed, MC was attacked in the same incident and needed eye surgery and has scars around his eyes. Perhaps a monster attack? It would fit the theme of the game. Your father knows what happened, you were there but don't remember and your father will not answer your questions about the event.

MC's father has the habit of disappearing for months, Ella has a similar history.
MC's father pulled strings to get MC in the college that happens to be where HERO base is...
Ella infects MC, Jake, Kenny, and Michael all students of said school... Alice and Tiffany, the daughter of a HERO leader just "happen" to be there too... And Jared the son of the competion aswell...

MC being a student there is convenient for Ella, however it's unclear what purpose it would serve for his father.
Ella knows about MC fighting Kenny and apparently MC's father transferred MC to a private clinic after the fight...
MC's father just happens to pop up several times that just seem too convenient.... Short after the infection but also you investigate the stripclub together... Also Dexter knows your father....

So your father knows about superhumans, gets you into a school that's above a superhuman base and seems to be off radar except for some convenient (possibly?) coincidental moments around crucial events in the story...
MC's father being an alter ego of (or shape used by) Ella seems to be a possibility, but your father using you as bait to catch Ella is another one... (Brianna's inspector being Ella would fit there) But it's all just too connected to be just a coincidence...
I think the purpose it serves for his father is well...quite obvious? Its the best school in the world and if his son graduates from there any place would be willing to hire him.

I'm sure MC's dad knows how his son is and that if he doesn't help him his son won't get a good career (mind you this is assuming his dad isn't aware of superhuman fuckery).

The reason for all of these students like Tiffany, Alice, and Jared for being at the school is well...it's literally stated when the MC goes to the school that its the best in the world. Of course the daughter of the head of HERO would go there, Alice would go there for the benefits it brings as well, and Jared....well of course he'd go to the school as well. Simply put the best go here but in MC's case his dad pulled strings to get him in (much like some other students I presume Jared even with his talent he prob fucked with some people that in normal cases would get him kicked out...we even get to punch the dean as him but he doesn't get in trouble presumably because his dad took care of it)

We don't know enough about what the father does except the fact it's something for the government and he's gone often so that implies he's investigating something that requires him to be gone for long bouts of time similar in a fashion to Ella but that doesn't mean he's a avatar of her.

Also regarding the base under the school, I'm pretty sure Deryl says that only the best and brightest can go into the building but its more than likely even they don't know whats under it so I doubt some government official knows and if he does its the bare minimum but even the prime minister seemingly wasn't aware of HERO or what it was doing so I doubt MC's dad knew, it's kind of a reach that the dad is aware of that base or not. Hopefully it's explained how he and Dexter know of each other. Hell he could be a mole for Dexter or they worked briefly together in the past depending on how MC's dad govt job operates.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessNights

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Deryl's situation is a rather unique one no? Up until burning MC he was still under their (Ella/Jake) control to a degree (or fully) and was able to get free.
After the brief little slap fight between MC and Deryl on the ground he openly says he broke the control after burning the MC after an epiphany from the "other him" so I don't know how much of the earlier fight was how he felt or what he was just being fed by Ella or Jake's control to dislike the MC or harm them in any way.
I might be remembering shiz wrong (its been a bit lol) also we have the same hate list mostly, I don't particularly hate the prison pricks, most of em made me laugh.
Yeah see that's why it was an iffy part for me too, the prison picks I'm referring to in particular is the black guy and that macho gang of muscle idiots. Sure they were funny trying to pick a fight with the equivalent of a god, but as far as personally liking them they suck. EXCLUDING Alice's peeps, the cop chick (Kelsy?) etc.

Reactions: ItzSyther

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah see that's why it was an iffy part for me too, the prison picks I'm referring to in particular is the black guy and that macho gang of muscle idiots. Sure they were funny trying to pick a fight with the equivalent of a god, but as far as personally liking them they suck. EXCLUDING Alice's peeps, the cop chick (Kelsy?) etc.
What's your opinion on Del and Laurie? I dig both of em although Del reminds me of my 'lone wolf' route character he mentions that he prefers to fight for himself (like my MC) so I feel a potential betrayal comin from him (perhaps) since ya know...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I think the purpose it serves for his father is well...quite obvious? Its the best school in the world and if his son graduates from there any place would be willing to hire him.

I'm sure MC's dad knows how his son is and that if he doesn't help him his son won't get a good career.
Yeah, for any father that's not a secret agent knowing all this that would work. But we know the father has access to more information than a regular father. He puts you in that school, puts you in a private clinic after your fight with Kenny.
But besides investigating the stripclub together and meeting him short after being infected he's off the radar?
And what did he do when you were busy with the stripper? After that you two saw Klaus and the inspector and Brianna...

Your father was investigating that inspector. The inspector wants to get a chair on the board of the organisation that opposes HERO and he disappeared later, but it was as a reward for letting monsters roam around and keeping people from the park.
Either way, your father knows alot more of the monster situation, more then enough to take a more protective role towards you instead of putting you right in the middle of it all... Or keeping you there once the shit started to hit the fan...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: EndlessNights

PotatoFace26

Aug 3, 2019
We know that Ella is either one or two years older, I am pretty sure it is two but it could be one. I am pretty sure we know that Ella got her powers during middle school, the eye attack happened just before or as MC was entering middle school. There is a brief window when Ella had her powers and dear old mum was alive.

I definitely don't think she has taken the form of MC's dad.

I doubt she had established her MO of turning people yet - it's too early in her "journey", so it isn't too likely that she slipped mum a pill.

The death of the MC's mother and attack that left him permanently maimed, which he curiously has no memory of, is far too significant to be meaningless. I feel it is definitely going to come up. We aren't aware of any motive Ella could have had though, so it leaves the very unlikely scenario of it being like that one farmer we can eat after eating his cattle. Almost random, with no real link between target and perpetrator.

My other theory for the death of MC's mother is it is related to Dad's shady bullshit. She was targeted because of him, possibly even because of work he did/does for HERO.

I would like to point out that one of the team leaders we meet during that HERO conference scene where we can rat out Ella, "Zack Zaman" the leader of Team Kronos, is referenced as being recently injured so seriously he can't work and is wearing a mask. MC's Dad is finally available after two years away "working", having returned with serious injuries. But he is missing a hand and Zack Zaman appears to have both, although with his big gauntlets one could easily be a prosthetic.

The only thing we learn about Zack Zaman is that he is mentioned as the one who usually hushes things up. Given the sheer scale of power the team leaders have, and how successfully HERO has been hidden, his power is probably terrifying. Mass memory modification or something.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I don't recall finding such a list...but...
keyword is "later".
Specifically the only times you have been to her house is after she already turned you and them. unless you mean ALL, as in, including the ones who she didn't turn?
You find a list in her bedroom, your name on top and most of your friends on it...
Yeah you find it later, but the key is only Dave knew Ella, but Ella greets your friends "hi guys" while she greets you with "Hi Name" so indeed later you find evidence she already knew all your friends, yet you were the only one called by your name?
That can only mean she was close enough with especially you to automatically use your name...
There's some more thoughts of Ella concerning you, that indicate Ella knows MC personally in another shape then her own...
But being a shapeshifter it could be anybody...

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
My other theory for the death of MC's mother is it is related to Dad's shady bullshit. She was targeted because of him, possibly even because of work he did/does for HERO.
The father works for the government, not HERO, but he and Dexter know each other. Dexter was a Minister (so government official) before he moved to HERO.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
You know we're ignoring a few potential key factors if I'm not mistaken, here's my take:

1. Dad
While I believe the Dad knows SOMETHING about the MC's Mom's death, I think it's obviously related to some form of monster attack. But I believe with confidence that he had NO knowledge of the college's special situation. I know everyone loves to huff theory copium on the forum here that every little detail means something bigger but sometimes it's just simple (no offense). So let's establish the facts;

-Dad works in part with the government and does shady shit on the side, definitely has connections with non government as well no doubt.
-Disappears for crazy amounts of time without knowing what he actually does.
-Lives in a disheveled apartment.
-Deep rooted alcoholic, disheveled, and quirky all the time, could barely sneak up on his rival detective.
-Sent the MC to a school filled with H.E.R.O connections and soon to be superhumans alike.

From all of those out of the way, I'd wager he's not James fucking Bond, knowing about H.E.R.O, monster armada attacks, the works, ain't no fucking way on god's green earth. This is a man who witness his wife die potentially from a monster, was kept silent and offered a job by the government somewhere regarding that field but not by any big capacity, and disregarded. Now the college can be explained by the simple fact that; this is THE primary sector. PM lives here, top of the Mafia, richest man alive, etc. OF COURSE some shady connected guy is going to use his connections to put his son in the best college, not involve in the same world that potentially killed his mother. Ain't no way he knows any of the crazy shit, hell even the PM wasn't aware of what was REALLY going on.

2. Deus
This could be completely wrong but if I'm not mistaken Deus said he was an acquaintance of hers? This entire point could be nothing but I didn't see anyone bring it up if it was true. We know Deus sees whatever bits of the future, and that he has a keen interest in us, and our development (based on his interaction with Valravn), sound familiar?

-What if this Ella isn't the original, and the original died when Christine mentioned she had, "changed". It would explain how Ella grew SOOOO fast despite not having the resources like H.E.R.O AND being relatively the same age as the MC upon receiving her powers. Just throwing it out there.

3. Knowing
So the Ella is Ella bro. I know I ride her dick hard but fuck it, let's do this. She has honest moments with the MC. It would be ridiculously stupid to put on a whole act with music changes and everything, going into a band, whatever, just to be like, "HA just kidding! I killed your Mom!" Referring to the MC by first name might be explained by her doing research ahead of time on them for compatibility with the pills, or if it ties into my Deus theory.

That's my take, I'm tired so take it with a grain of salt. Moral of the story is the Dad is not this all seeing eye, Ella has a LOT of secrets, but our relationship with her (compassionate side) is genuine. And she is by no means the cause of our Mom's death (though she may not the reason behind it through whispers or events who knows).

Reactions: TerminusPrime

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Why are you guys so unsure about Ella's age? It's stated in game that she's 21 and that the MC is 18, currently. So she's only 3 years older than him. She became a superhuman at 14, around the same time her parents died. MC would've been 11 so that's right before his mom died.

I'm not saying I believe Ella killed his mom or had anything to do with it, by the way. I'm just getting the info out there for those unsure about the ages and timing of certain events.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Why are you guys so unsure about Ella's age? It's stated in game that she's 21 and that the MC is 18, currently. So she's only 3 years older than him. She became a superhuman at 14, around the same time her parents died. MC would've been 11 so that's right before his mom died.

I'm not saying I believe Ella killed his mom or had anything to do with it, by the way. I'm just getting the info out there for those unsure about the ages and timing of certain events.
We aren't. There is 1 guy who got it into his head that Ella is an ancient moster who shapeshifted into a little girl and then went to school for years, creating an elaborate backstory. So that if someone invested her via befriending her 2 friends from school they will find out all the fake info she crafted and think she got her power at 14 and is currently 21.

Reactions: RonaldGrand6969

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
We aren't. There is 1 guy who got it into his head that Ella is an ancient moster who shapeshifted into a little girl and then went to school for years, creating an elaborate backstory. So that if someone invested her via befriending her 2 friends from school they will find out all the fake info she crafted and think she got her power at 14 and is currently 21.
Um no, there's one guy that said it's a possible theory Ella might have killed MC's mother.
Others like you dismissed that theory as being impossible, that is something we can not say since the timelines would allow the theory. There's still not enough information to proof that theory though. There's no motive, just circumstantial info, MC was there but doesn't remember, his father knows what happened but over the years always avoided answering his questions.

It could have been a random monster attack, it could be his mother monsterfied and attacked her son, in both cases it would explain the father not telling what exactly happened, MC wouldn't believe it anyway... But if a monster or monsterfied superhuman (mother) was involved that does not explain MC surviving.... Another superhuman saving MC would explain that though. But we just don't know, the father knows but he's not telling, so why not? If it's a just a random psycho killing the mother and hurting her child, he could have told MC what happened...

As for an ancient monster shapeshifting into a little girl following school and befriending 2 girls just as a cover : that's simply not what was said. The important fact is a shapeshifter can take other peoples form so knowing that, it's not impossible Ella was killed and another person uses her form as cover. Fact is we simply can't dismiss that possibility...

We know Ella's parents got killed, her whole class got killed except one of her friends and Ella survived. Out of all the people ever close to Ella there's 2 uninfected friends of her band and a bunch of orphans that she infected and uses as tools.
There's proof enough Ella has been working on her plan for a while and it's alot bigger than just infecting MC, if that ever was the plan at all, it seems she just selects people for compatibility with monsters so blame his compatibility? There's hints she cares for him even short after MC was infected, it suggests she knew MC from close before he met Ella...
So the question really is what shape did Ella use to observe MC and his friends and how long has she been doing that...

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Um no, there's one guy that said it's a possible theory Ella might have killed MC's mother.
Others like you dismissed that theory as being impossible, that is something we can not say since the timelines would allow the theory. There's still not enough information to proof that theory though. There's no motive, just circumstantial info, MC was there but doesn't remember, his father knows what happened but over the years always avoided answering his questions.

It could have been a random monster attack, it could be his mother monsterfied and attacked her son, in both cases it would explain the father not telling what exactly happened, MC wouldn't believe it anyway... But if a monster or monsterfied superhuman (mother) was involved that does not explain MC surviving.... Another superhuman saving MC would explain that though. But we just don't know, the father knows but he's not telling, so why not? If it's a just a random psycho killing the mother and hurting her child, he could have told MC what happened...

As for an ancient monster shapeshifting into a little girl following school and befriending 2 girls just as a cover : that's simply not what was said. The important fact is a shapeshifter can take other peoples form so knowing that, it's not impossible Ella was killed and another person uses her form as cover. Fact is we simply can't dismiss that possibility...

We know Ella's parents got killed, her whole class got killed except one of her friends and Ella survived. Out of all the people ever close to Ella there's 2 uninfected friends of her band and a bunch of orphans that she infected and uses as tools.
There's proof enough Ella has been working on her plan for a while and it's alot bigger than just infecting MC, if that ever was the plan at all, it seems she just selects people for compatibility with monsters so blame his compatibility? There's hints she cares for him even short after MC was infected, it suggests she knew MC from close before he met Ella...
So the question really is what shape did Ella use to observe MC and his friends and how long has she been doing that...
Right but the point is that the Ella Mom murder theory is just that, a theory; due to the already established time line set up, making it IMPOSSIBLE for Ella to be the one to kill the Mom. At that point people are just grasping at straws for the fun of it, we could say Clark killed the Mom too for god sake because he also has powers and is older than the MC :eek:

That being said, I still think the theory stands that maybe there was some time travel going on.

-SOMETHING happened to Zack (though he doesn't react like he knows us).

-Deus is VERY interested and us, to the point where he buffed Valravn almost as if he was giving us a challenge similarly to how a certain someone wants our successful growth (Mother, Ella). He also acts as if Ella is just an old chum upon hearing about her.

-Ella can shapeshift, we know for a FACT that Christine knew Ella BEFORE she changed. But what if the change wasn't her getting her powers but instead her being replaced by her future self? It would explain how Ella has been able to grow RIDICULOUSLY fast despite not having H.E.R.O resources, knowing about the Monsters and their secrets despite not being chosen by Mother, and why she's so smitten with the MC right off the bat despite apparently never meeting us. It's entirely possible she killed her old self and lived the role of her past with the bonus of knowing key factors to change the future that she didn't before.

If the time traveling theory IS the case then Ella killing our Mom would make total motivational sense. Maybe to prep us or bring us in the right direction, maybe we didn't even have powers in the future cause our Mom never died and it leads to wasted chosen one potential, who knows on that part. But most importantly IF it was true it would make sense with the timeline, instead of trying to fight against obvious mismatching timelines, possible locations, ages, etc.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
we could say Clark killed the Mom too for god sake because he also has powers and is older than the MC :eek:
Unlikely Clark, Ella is known for getting people infected by monsters. Her only motivation for the choice of who to infect, is if she suspects compatibility.... She's even known for checking up on the people, she watches you from behind a tree and Deryl even wakes up in her house.... The only other guy known for deliberately getting people infected would take care of that in the HERO base. To be fair, the mother getting infected and attacking MC due to monsterfication seems a possibility, Ella checking her project and saving MC but killing the mother seems plausible too... It fits her modus operandi and it explains the father not ever telling what happened... It's just a theory, but it covers alot more than just being older and superhuman...

-Deus is VERY interested and us, to the point where he buffed Valravn almost as if he was giving us a challenge similarly to how a certain someone wants our successful growth (Mother, Ella). He also acts as if Ella is just an old chum upon hearing about her.
Deus pretty much only needs you to become whatever he has seen in his visions. Ella to him is an enemy or adversary "of sorts" but he warns you to keep your secrets from her. In the end he just needs to fix this mess we're in, whatever that is...
Funny that the effigy Cole has lost, is the heart Deus gives to Valravn....( Cole also happens to have been in contact with HERO as a possible prospect...) So whatever Deus and Ella want from you, it's certainly not for the same reasons....
He did not react like he did because of hearing of her, he actually warned you to be careful with "her" also being there now...

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes