ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
WW could easily write a single fight for either MC or Deryl but that is not what he would have to do. WW would have to write 4 satisfying fights (deryl v offspring, deryl vs random, mc vs offspring, and mc vs random) that all fit into the same arc, while also maintaining the escalation that the fights have regardless of which combo you choose.

I can say with 1000% certainty that there will never be an "offspring update" when has WW ever made an entire update focused on a single path where multiple are available? For "half" the people the update would literally be "nothing happened MC just woke up and trained for a week straight".
We're just gonna have to agree to disagree here mah boi.

The way I see it there's no way Weird would just toss in this Val level creature for us to breed and make something like breeding her just be so well...inconsequential.

We know for a fact the children she makes are strong and even more so if it was using MC's seed. Why even give us the choice to go down the other path (avoiding her)?

Clearly Weird is setting something up here so it'll have to be a fight between MC vs Offspring or Deryl vs Offspring or a mix of MC and Deryl vs whoever's offspring. I doubt MC would just let his homie get attacked.

MC visits Val no matter the situation but he only learns of "Oh shit dont breed her" if he already bred her (when he encounters her in the cave) but hears nothing of her when Deryl fucks her and again when talking with Val in that route (not going down mommy path).

But in any case I still think there is going to be an update involving those offspring be it their own or 1 involving the monster mommy overall. She's clearly important so she'll be back again.

Actually...why was Deryl so quiet about her? Perhaps she told him not to say anything?

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
You mean I have to sacrifice one of the most interesting encouters in this update to save a girl what probably won't want me...?
View attachment 2691509
That's a difficult decision...
Exactly. I'm fine with her dying as long as I get to get my revenge. Especially with my corruption MC. That's why I never said WW should make it possible to do the Aglaecwif scene and save Laurie, even though it should've been possible. Deryl can go fuck himself lol. I'm not about to do everything for him so he can get laid while also getting power boosts to be competent enough. That whole thing was a ego trip for him(Monster Deryl). He basically gets everything, if you save Laurie. I'll be damn if he gets away with putting me through all of that while getting my older monster sister and potentially getting Laurie in the end.

That said, I don't think Laurie sees Deryl that way. She saw Del as her little brother and best friend. Deryl himself is a bit of a manwhore. He would definitely fuck her but I don't see him settling down with her and the same applies to Laurie. Who knows though, that might've changed with this update but my Corruption MC won't ever find out.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
At the current state of the story, I doubt Emily would be infected. We can make her less of a pushover, but she's far from being as mentally strong as she'd need to be. If that was to happen -which I personally doubt but we never know- her personal story would need to get quite a bit farther.
This whole concept of "mental stability" is very interesting, i mean, can we consider that Jake was stable enough for example ? because even after being 1 evolution he still was so meek that Ella had to literally beat him up trying to make him use his powers, he only got serious after fucking up Mia, in that case he was at least as much as a pushover as Emily.

Or Claudia who is a total sweetheart, i don't think she is more assertive than Emily, stable maybe, but does it mean that the person needs to, well not have any mental issues and Emily might have some ?

Before Ella said that i imagined that only being phisically compatible was enough, now there is a lot more to consider.

Reactions: vogelbeest

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Here's my theory:

-If you lose the Eye, you miss out on some lore and or Corruption and maybe some Power.

-IF you pick Aglaecwif you get an unlocked side route like when we visit the girls; but it'll only be available to those that picked her. Bout the same way Demi route isn't available after you kill her. The side route will maybe provide Corruption, Power, some sex scenes, etc.

-I think regardless if you picked Aglaecwif or didn't; by the end of the previous mentioned route, it'll betray you and try to kill you. This would make it so that even if Deryl is the one to do the deed, both of you have to take down this spawn eventually so the game doesn't branch out too far. The pay off is the aforementioned additional route points.

-IF you save Laurie there may be a potential threesome? Not that that fucker Deryl deserves it, but still; maybe it'll be an option? It could also play out where she may help us for a future fight as a way of perhaps stopping a skill check or something down the line, about the same way Brianna saves us from Valravn if you aren't strong enough; you can miss it, but it's there.

-I don't think the questions you ask Aglaecwif will have any impact, they SHOULDN'T as you can't even ask all of them and if you ask even ONE you're missing out on power or skill, which we ALL know is vital for fight checks down the line, training be damned.

One thing is for sure; this game based on this latest choice has branched out BIG time already. And unless I get a next update info drop on what does or doesn't happen immediately gonna have an aneurysm.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Agreed but they do hint that the beginning of this update's choices will have a major impact. The only choices we really received in the beginning were the Aglaecwif or Laurie path. In addition that if we 100% win against Deryl we get a special bonus. So I have no clue what all that means, but they've never taken the time in a afterword before to mention a huge impact via your choices (save for the Ella or Alice/Michael Patreon vote)
They go out of their way to mention that killing/sparing jake during his arc is the first "big choice" in the game and all that has come from that is the most recent scene with him and mia getting her memories back (I have only saved him so IDK what the scene looks like if you ate him), but Id argue that Laurie dying (techicnally an LI/waifu/someone you fucked) is already "consequences"

But in any case I still think there is going to be an update involving those offspring be it their own or 1 involving the monster mommy overall. She's clearly important so she'll be back again.
So what about the patrons for the months leading up to that update? WW is very involved with them so is he going to tell "half" his supporters wont be able to play an update because they went down the wrong path? Or do you want WW to make basically 2 updates and release them at the same time? I get you want it to happen but look at this from a business/practical point of view....

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
We're just gonna have to agree to disagree here mah boi.

The way I see it there's no way Weird would just toss in this Val level creature for us to breed and make something like breeding her just be so well...inconsequential.

We know for a fact the children she makes are strong and even more so if it was using MC's seed. Why even give us the choice to go down the other path (avoiding her)?

Clearly Weird is setting something up here so it'll have to be a fight between MC vs Offspring or Deryl vs Offspring or a mix of MC and Deryl vs whoever's offspring. I doubt MC would just let his homie get attacked.

MC visits Val no matter the situation but he only learns of "Oh shit dont breed her" if he already bred her (when he encounters her in the cave) but hears nothing of her when Deryl fucks her and again when talking with Val in that route (not going down mommy path).

Actually...why was Deryl so quiet about her? Perhaps she told him not to say anything?
In the preview for the monsters it said she was important and would be back later in the storyline.

Reactions: vogelbeest

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
So what about the patrons for the months leading up to that update? WW is very involved with them so is he going to tell "half" his supporters wont be able to play an update because they went down the wrong path? Or do you want WW to make basically 2 updates and release them at the same time? I get you want it to happen but look at this from a business/practical point of view....
Or he could simply do one big update instead of splitting them up. Either is a possibility but in any case it's up to him.

It also depends on how he leads up to said events, we have no way of knowing how things well play out till that point so you saying it could be 2 updates and screw over people doesn't really line up.

Another thing your ignoring is the fact it's quite clear he is setting things up for the offspring, be it Deryl's or MC. There would be ZERO reason to give us a choice during the cave to meet or not to meet Aglaecwif if that choice didn't matter.

It would be far easier, from your POV just to force MC to just meet her so that way Weird doesn't have to do all that work to make 2 different offsprings but clearly we get a choice and therefore it's possible for 2 different offsprings to appear.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
This whole concept of "mental stability" is very interesting, i mean, can we consider that Jake was stable enough for example ? because even after being 1 evolution he still was so meek that Ella had to literally beat him up trying to make him use his powers, he only got serious after fucking up Mia, in that case he was at least as much as a pushover as Emily.

Or Claudia who is a total sweetheart, i don't think she is more assertive than Emily, stable maybe, but does it mean that the person needs to, well not have any mental issues and Emily might have some ?

Before Ella said that i imagined that only being phisically compatible was enough, now there is a lot more to consider.
There's a difference between stability and strength of character.
Jake had low strength. It's only when he started doing big things that his ego got the upper hand. Before that, he was the same meek motherfucker as before. But he was stable enough to survive the process.

Emily has a lot on her mind and a lot going on. Her group of friends kinda bursted, her dad's making her life very rough, and she's uncertain of what direction to take with her future. Plus, we know she relies a lot on Shadow for mental support, and that dog, for all great that she is, stated herself that she doesn't have long left in this world.
It's easy to guess that her death will break Emily if she doesn't get more assurance in her own capacity.
So if she was to get infected now, the "monster gene" would likely pray on those insecurities and break her.

Last edited:

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Also any theories about why Deryl kept quiet after meeting Aglaecwif? Thinking more about it...its kinda weird?

Perhaps their pact was a bit different from the one MC made with her (although I think MC was quiet about it too...well until he met Alexis and Val in the confinement room).

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
In the preview for the monsters it said she was important and would be back later in the storyline.
I want to go down her route SO BAD but the pay off just isn't good so far, I'm working on what ifs vs results.

I could save Laurie and get a steady amount of power and skill, also potentially keep my Eye all if I go Right.

If I go Left, I meet this beautiful lore drop mommy that I have a kid with, is it incest potential? I dunno. She also gives me an ultimatum between like 6 different choices and I can only pick ONE if I don't have the Eye, but if I do have the Eye I lose it and get to pick another potentially useless second question. Oh and Laurie dies and I'm potentially down power and skill so there's that...

Tell you what though, I wish the way it worked was for the kid she grants us power and skill, like the monster on the Right. And if you HAD the Eye you could ask a question or something. But I'll tell you one thing, the next big fight we have isn't gonna go so smooth if heaven forbid I missed a skill or power check because I was too busy fuckin a monster and having a down to earth chat with a crow at the cost of the Eye and Laurie's life.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Or he could simply do one big update instead of splitting them up. Either is a possibility but in any case it's up to him.

It also depends on how he leads up to said events, we have no way of knowing how things well play out till that point so you saying it could be 2 updates and screw over people doesn't really line up.

Another thing your ignoring is the fact it's quite clear he is setting things up for the offspring, be it Deryl's or MC. There would be ZERO reason to give us a choice during the cave to meet or not to meet Aglaecwif if that choice didn't matter.
this whole time and you've not addressed any of the logistics concerning the paths you are not worth talking to anymore

• Haha
Reactions: ItzSyther

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
this whole time and you've not addressed any of the logistics concerning the paths you are not worth talking to anymore
Because I'm not the dev. He clearly set things up a certain way for a reason but your ignoring that. But it is what it is. I gave you an easy out earlier to drop this but you didn't take it, so that's on you chief.

No matter what you say it's clear that an offspring will appear be it MC or Deryl's. It depends on our choice.

Also I'm not here to discuss the logistics of this or that. I don't care about shit from a business perspective, religious, etc. I'm just here to vibe and discuss the game. Not the business side of shit.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Also any theories about why Deryl kept quiet after meeting Aglaecwif? Thinking more about it...its kinda weird?

Perhaps their pact was a bit different from the one MC made with her (although I think MC was quiet about it too...well until he met Alexis and Val in the confinement room).
The MC doesn't tell Deryl about it either if he's the one that "bargains" with her.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
The MC doesn't tell Deryl about it either if he's the one that "bargains" with her.
True. I think it's weird neither of em talk about her at all to each other. She's clearly something that should be at least mentioned like "Oh shit Deryl. You missed it! Big Titty monster was here"

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
There's a difference between stability and strength of character.
Jake had low strength. It's only when he started doing big things that his ego got the upper hand. Before that, he was the same meek motherfucker as before. But he was stable enough to survive de process.

Emily has a lot on her mind and a lot going on. Her group of friends kinda bursted, her dad's making her life very rough, and she's uncertain of what direction to take with her future. Plus, we know she relies a lot on Shadow for mental support, and that dog, for all great that she is, stated herself that she doesn't have long left in this world.
It's easy to guess that her death will break Emily if she doesn't get more assurance in her own capacity.
So if she was to get infected now, the "monster gene" would likely pray on those insecurities and break her.
That's very true, it's hard to predict but maybe her will to do something about Ella might be the key, the situation with her father is solved (more or less), she gained some confidence, shadow wants Mc to be there for her, it is a better situation than before at least.
Maybe after trying to convice Ella she decides to stop her by herself even wanting powers of her own, with a more clear state of mind and a focused goal she could be strong enough to endure. Or on a low affection path maybe she just decides to stay with Ella to the bitter end, same focus but more unstable and with poor consequences.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
They go out of their way to mention that killing/sparing jake during his arc is the first "big choice" in the game and all that has come from that is the most recent scene with him and mia getting her memories back (I have only saved him so IDK what the scene looks like if you ate him), but Id argue that Laurie dying (techicnally an LI/waifu/someone you fucked) is already "consequences"

The Mia thing plays out the same way basically. Only difference is that you save her yourself by using Jake's stored memories to fix her. It also alluded to the MC potentially being able to use his memory trait without touching her but we'll have to see him use it more in the future. Also Memory sharing was confirmed this update.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Thoughts on Emily:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Very well said on all of this but I do have to say in the case of Valvravn he and others on his level might just be able to differentiate who belongs to who far easier than Ella could.

Also might just be because that he is a monster himself so those of higher intelligence/power can innately know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gtdead
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes