ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I hadn't try it, but in this update when we have the scene with Emily (when we are seaching for clues about Ella) will something change if we didn't help emily became more confident in the school events before we go to the mall?
I THINK there is a slight dialogue difference I need to replay through both instances (helping her vs not helping).

Reactions: Katsuki45

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I hadn't try it, but in this update when we have the scene with Emily (when we are seaching for clues about Ella) will something change if we didn't help emily became more confident in the school events before we go to the mall?
So I replayed the game to see how the scenes change if you helped vs didn't.

When searching for clues nothing changes whatsoever to indicate anything.

Notably Michael does mention that Emily needs to find a style that fits her (for fighting) and he's been training a lot of our friends although it seems she still hasn't found it, although idk if confidence has anything to do with that.

But in any case there has been very little variation from what I have seen at least with Emily, I do know that there's a few tiny changes with Liz and Amber.

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
I've finally gonne nuclear, baldurs gate 3 didn't let me have a romance with the one and only Shadow because i "misclicked" and banged Lae'zel so i restarted as a powerhouse, now here i am getting feats for every level i get, walking around with 6 companions following me and turning negative approval to positive...

Don't mess with my emotions BG3...

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
I've finally gonne nuclear, baldurs gate 3 didn't let me have a romance with the one and only Shadow because i "misclicked" and banged Lae'zel so i restarted as a powerhouse, now here i am getting feats for every level i get, walking around with 6 companions following me and turning negative approval to positive...

Don't mess with my emotions BG3...
I'm more of the literal hardass sexy red barbarian demon Lady with the cute side :love:
images (18).jpeg images (17).jpeg
descarga (30).jpeg

I also banged will's demoncunt what can i say i have a type XD

• Haha
Reactions: ArhraCole

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
This is my view on Emily:

Emily's characteristics:
1) She has high compatibility (According to Ella)
2) Her mental state is predetermined (more on that later)
3) There is no path where she can turn up dead.
4) The 1st girl with a romance confirmation during the main story (Alice is the other one, Liz's and Amber's are fed through the side quests and Ella's is pretty much an unconfirmed fling at this point. Christie doesn't seem to be tracked.)
5) Michael says that she has a killer instinct.

Why romance and being alive 100% are important:
It's fairly obvious but I want to include it for completeness. This game is fairly linear. While the dev has some branching paths that lead to seperate results, the secondary characters and especially those who can end up dead are left behind.

Some meta-details on Emily's romance:
There are 3 variables that affect Emily's romance.
emkiss: Is set during the sorority party (the one with the strip poker)
visitem: Needs to be at least 17, which means reaching the band's live performance event.
emrom: Is set during the bonfire event. requires both emkiss to be True and visitem to be 17+.

There are 2 important observations here:
1) Emily's romance starts in the main story, not her sidequest. In fact without the emkiss variable we don't get any sex scenes with her.
2) It doesn't matter if the MC picks the best choices. He can make fun of her, side with Christie, tell her things she doesn't like and have a low relationship score but it doesn't matter. Emily will turn out improved.

The game is designed in a way that romances don't really affect the main story. What is to happen will happen and active romances get some more scenes and different dialogue. However Emily's being the first tracked romance may be significant.

My prediction:

Emily will get her own chapter where she will turn into a superhuman.
She will join Ella because she will get infected around the time that MC is with Ella too.
I don't think that she will turn from a pill, but it's likely that SIN will be involved somehow.
Depending on his relationship with MC, her mood will be different, but her motions will remain the same.
The romance may make a difference in the endings, if MC has to do the "who's with me" speech.

Reactions: EndlessNights

alkeera

May 1, 2018
So if MC would sit down with Deus and they would play chess or any other game, how could MC win in case when touching and scanning memories is ok and Deus obviously can predict the future and victory strategy? This is a clear-cut case of superrationality. Is it even winnable by anyone of them without ungentlemanly behaviour?

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
So if MC would sit down with Deus and they would play chess or any other game, how could MC win in case when touching and scanning memories is ok and Deus obviously can predict the future and victory strategy? This is a clear-cut case of superrationality. Is it even winnable by anyone of them without ungentlemanly behaviour?
We don't know the full extent of Deus's power, it's clear he knows a lot about big events but maybe its harder for him to see the smaller things such as...well a chess match which has numerous possibilities in how it could go.

Unlike a big event like...you know the end of humanity where he can probably see the big and important events and how he could counter them as he knows all the big variables its not like a chess match where it can change rapidly at a moment's notice.

Fortunately for Deus he has HERO to ensure that what he sees plays out the way they want but in a chess match he just has to hope his predictions play out correctly (because there's a damnnnnn lotta moves the MC could make that would throw off the predictions and I'm sure the MC could tell he'd be cheating at some point...like his power has to have a 'tell')

MC on the other hand we know a lot about and by utilizing hidden tentacles he can just figure out every single move Deus could do unless Deus can sense his tentacles.

Although on a serious note: Deus would probably win even if he couldn't figure out all the small variables (the moves) the MC would make. The MC doesn't really give me the vibe of "chess player" he'd ultimately (and probably) get bored at some point if they just constantly counter each other.

Last edited:

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
descarga (31).jpeg
Nope XD

• Haha
Reactions: ItzSyther

alkeera

May 1, 2018
Btw if Deus's power is some kind of precognition aka Laplace's demon is he able to predict quantum probabilities which i guess would make the whole Universe deterministic? But i have a feeling that its all a bit more boring and Deus just gets isekai'd all the time.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Btw if Deus's power is some kind of precognition aka Laplace's demon is he able to predict quantum probabilities which i guess would make the whole Universe deterministic? But i have a feeling that its all a bit more boring and Deus just gets isekai'd all the time.
It doesn't seem to be precognition as in the Arbiter's dead end Deus says the following:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
He refers to "this point" meaning he can see certain points in the timeline this is further reinforced by a prior statement by him:
The timeline seems to have split due to a decision by the MC and it's not precognition because Deus has seen many potential possibilities in the points in the timeline.

In short, no precognition it may seem like that just because he can see the various points and how they can shift be it small or radical...in the case with arbiter it was radical as Deus seemed to have no expected shit to take such a split.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I do have a guess on how Deus's power works so hear me out gents:

If the timeline stuff is all correct that means Deus exists at various points in time and time has branched off into various branches which Deus can see only because HE exists at those points.

I can imagine that Deus can't see super far into time because something happens (aka he dies) and I'm going to guess that Deus cannot see into a certain point in the past because he doesn't have his power at that point in time.

Just a guess I just have an odd feeling his power is anchored to well...himself at various points in time (since every single action can shift how things playout...there is potentially INFINITE Deus seeing how everything shifts and turns or just a finite amount because otherwise Deus would fucking have aneurysm trying to process infinite hims at various points in time).

Or instead of processing various points of himself at once he might just be able to glance on what that version of him is doing during that shift in time and see how it plays out for him/HERO as a whole.

Basically Deus is on his Zero Escape grindset if my theory is right lol
1492533920_nS6skRb.png

DrakoGhoul & Gtdead I'd love to hear your opinions on this theory of mine in regards to time boi.

Last edited:

necromater

Aug 21, 2018

If the timeline stuff is all correct that means Deus exists at various points in time and time has branched off into various branches which Deus can see only because HE exists at those points.

I can imagine that Deus can't see super far into time because something happens (aka he dies) and I'm going to guess that Deus cannot see into a certain point in the past because he doesn't have his power at that point in time.

Just a guess I just have an odd feeling his power is anchored to well...himself at various points in time (since every single action can shift how things playout...there is potentially INFINITE Deus seeing how everything shifts and turns or just a finite amount because otherwise Deus would fucking have aneurysm trying to process infinite hims at various points in time).

Or instead of processing various points of himself at once he might just be able to glance on what that version of him is doing during that shift in time and see how it plays out for him/HERO as a whole.

View attachment 2844786

DrakoGhoul & Gtdead I'd love to hear your opinions on this theory of mine in regards to time boi.
descarga (32).jpeg
Deus Cage XD

alkeera

May 1, 2018

View attachment 2844786

tumblr_mxo5hf8iMk1solfhro1_500.gif

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I have avoided Deus theories for a reason ^^. Posting some observations is fine, but the moment you get into the specifics they sound so alien. Time fuckery is cool but a fucking pain in the ass to conceptualize.

First things first, the script:
Deus vs MC said:
Deus "Arrived at last I see."
Deus "To think the it would split in a direction like this. Did I make a mistake? Or was it you... There's just too much for me to tell."
Deus "No matter. I can kill you, even from here, as long as I keep my eyes focused on this point. Then things will right themselves."
Deus "It's for you own good, believe me. I'll put you out of all our misery."
Deus "......"
Deus "Tch, this is taking too long. It's too hard to see you from here."
Deus "You've progressed too far; I need to find another point."
Breaking it down piece by piece:

A) Deus "Arrived at last I see."
This may seem like a greeting, but it also signifies Deus could pinpoint the exact location MC will turn up, even in such a small timeframe. It's unlikely that any significant time passed since MC was possessed, up to engaging Deus. While it doesn't seem an amazing piece of information, it shows that Deus can predict events on the fly and he doesn't have to "prepare".

B) Deus "To think the it would split in a direction like this. Did I make a mistake? Or was it you... There's just too much for me to tell."
The word "split" may be significant, but I'm not sure what to make out of it yet. However the next sentences paint a picture. Deus wonders if he made a mistake or if the MC caused this situation. These are fairly important:

Observation 1) Deus can be mistaken.
Explanation: If so, he doesn't just "see" events unfold. He has some control over these events. The question is, is the mistake related to his personal actions (for example, he forgot to say something important during a conversation with MC), or it's related to his power (for example, he has to actively dismiss branching directions because they are too numerous and too draining, so he chose the wrong branch?).

Observation 2) MC can affect the end result.
Explanation: This introduces a completely new interaction. I would like to call it "free will" or "unbound destiny", but I think it has to do more with power. My theory is that everything in the universe is created by the same powers that the Arbiters (and by association the Apostles) hold, so an exceedingly powerful individual can affect the "fundamental laws" of the universe. But without delving too much into my theory, we should take it as a very important fact that an individual may be able to alter a "predetermined" result or introduce something that Deus can't see.

C) Deus "No matter. I can kill you, even from here, as long as I keep my eyes focused on this point. Then things will right themselves."
This is where things start to get murky. The assumption here is that Deus' eyes can see "points". The nature of these points will probably give the answer to how his powers work but sadly the info we have is very limited. The second part of this quote however is the more "crazy" one. Things will "right themselves". This is basically saying that Deus isn't the one who is fighting MC. He may or may not be the source of that beam, but I think that this isn't the actual fight and it all plays out on a very different scale.

D) Deus "It's for you own good, believe me. I'll put you out of all our misery."
A small thing here. Deus likes the word "miserable". The interesting thing in this sentence is the "all our misery". I don't know what to make out of it so I'll just leave it here for others to note.

E) Deus "Tch, this is taking too long. It's too hard to see you from here."
Both of these sentences are juicy

Observation 1) Deus saying "this is taking too long" is probably referring to C. To put it all together: "It is taking too long for things to right themselves". He also gives us another piece of information, that it's too hard to see MC from whatever "here" is.

F) Deus "You've progressed too far; I need to find another point."
This is also an odd thing to say because it's hard to understand what "progressed" means in his context. The easy explanation is that he is referring to MC becoming way too strong, but I said earlier, the true fight is taking place somewhere else. Another way to read it is "you've progressed too far for things to right themselves, I need to find another point where if I focus on, things will right themselves faster".

Observation 1) The "too far" would refer to the "physical" location of the point in time. If the branching point is MC's evolution, perhaps the "weight" of this event is so significant that even mere minutes make it impossible for the last point to have influence on whatever is currently happening.

Bringing them all together:

The way I see it, Deus power is "branching point manipulation". The nature of these points are a mystery. My assumption is that they are part of a cosmic order and not something that he creates, although he may have the capacity to create new ones for his own personal use.

A being that exists on a branching point needs to make a decision. This decision will close off the other branches and the being will continue existing on the one it chose.

Deus has the capacity to move in time and access the branching points he needs. By focusing on them he creates an effect that makes reality "fix itself". My theory is that Deus can pull the being back to a branching point and force it to decide again and again and again till it makes a decision that Deus wants. Once that happens, the being will "change direction" and reality will fix itself like the branching never happened.

A very powerful being like a god may have the capacity to break those branching rules. Perhaps if possessed MC was complete, he would have progressed "too far" in a very short time for Deus to pull him back to the branching point and losing his grip on this reality. it "makes sense" that the further someone moves from the branch, the harder it becomes for Deus to pull it back.

He claims that he can corner the Hexenringe if it feels threatened. A threatened Hexenringe would most likely flee so Deus can pull it back again and again till it makes a different decision. Perhaps Deus can travel further back in time to change another branch that will increase the likelyhood that Hexenringe will act like Deus wants it to.

My main objection with Deus "existing" in the branching points is that in his battle with MC, he physically left the battlespace and moved through the rift he created, ending somewhere else in both space and time. If he could simultationally exist in all these points, then he wouldn't need to leave.

I think Deus power is a cosmic force. It doesn't matter if he was alive or dead at some point in time, he can travel to it. The range is probably determined by how powerful he is. My assumption is that Deus can travel to the past easier than the future, but affecting the past gets progressively harder the further he moves from his current existence. To travel to the future he has to identify and travel through all possible branches, which takes a lot of time. If I had to guess, I'd say that predicting big events that will happen in a week, is easier than predicting small events that may happen tommorow, because to reach big events he can travel through easily identifiable branches, while the smaller events are numerous and insignificant.

At some point Deus claims that "there are just too much for him to tell". This could actually be a bit of fourth wall breaking but it seems that some branches have so many possible directions that Deus has to pick which of them he is going to follow. The fourth wall breaking could be the deadend choices during MC vs Deryl.

So yeah, essentially Deus is a shepherd. Everytime a sheep (target) leaves the path (what Deus considers the main branch), Deus has the power to pull it back enough times for the sheep to make another decision. He focuses on the branching point, sheep is pulled back, reality closes off the alternate path and everyone is happy.

Edit: Some proof reading, rewriting unreadable parts and fixing spelling mistakes.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes