lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
So I've done accouple of the Liz events and I noticed something... If you fuck with the receptionist, you dont get any liz points.. But looking at whats been said about Liz, she rejected the MC prior to the game. Probably cause he was small and a nice guy. So she doesnt like nice guys, but hinted she likes the bad guys.. But at the party it implied that its not the bad guy type of doing stuff in bedroom. We got this info from Dylan. So we can assume its the other bad where a guy who acts baddass and does what he wants (fucks who he wants). So if he go back to Liz events, the MC fucking the receptionist (or aid) is quite the baddass attitude and they are not like dating anyway (as its a ruse to throw the fat guy off, so jokes on him). But apparently thats not it either. this whole bad guy persona... So then is liz not interested in anything ? So by not touching the sectary, you gain no points (I assuming points start the sexy stuff with liz?), but whats the point by this stage ? It feels like a frustrating serious of events. . SHould I have just chosen the NTR and just forget about her ? As must as I love wincest, im getting tired of this (or her). Dont care about the swimming and it feels like this isnt going anywhere.

Is it really worth it to ignore the receptionist (and the ecchi she offers) even if shes throwing herself at him? I would of thought the MC would come out a winner with two girls from these events and screwed over the fat rich dude ?

I guess I should ask, if you dont get liz points, does that disable/bliock all the ecchi stuff with her ? So not even any wincest if we can/when get amber on board ?
She doesn't feel anything with anybody. She considers MC her best friend and is one of the few she actually cares about so when she rejects him and offers him sex is because she wants to offer him something to make him happy. Through the story, you can break her walls but you are already in quite a comfortable position as you have a lot of backstory together.
I love Alice, but among all the characters the one who loves MC the most is Liz, and by a quite margin even as detached of feelings as she is.
PS: Liz has no preference for guys. She just goes through the motions of life.

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
She doesn't feel anything with anybody. She considers MC her best friend and is one of the few she actually cares about so when she rejects him and offers him sex is because she wants to offer him something to make him happy. Through the story, you can break her walls but you are already in quite a comfortable position as you have a lot of backstory together.
I love Alice, but among all the characters the one who loves MC the most is Liz, and by a quite margin even as detached of feelings as she is.
PS: Liz has no preference for guys. She just goes through the motions of life.
Nah Getting liz broken by the coach is more fun

• Angry
Reactions: Wolf14 and Robotai

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Devlog 71 (Short or long?)Short. Sort of.

Hey, how's it going? Devlog as usual. To get to the point, I'm leaning towards a shorter update this time around, though really, it's closer to the normal 2 month long updates I used to do before the Deryl arc's climax. Still a bunch for you to do, lots of story that will happen, but I won't go through the entire thing I had planned for 0.98, so next update will be 0.975 instead. Originally I had planned to get to the end of the twin arc this coming update and then finish off the big climax for it the update after, but now I think I'll spread it out a bit more, otherwise the wait will just be forever. Nothing against them, but I don't wanna be one of those devs that just stretches out the length between updates more and more as time goes on until you only get a couple a year, I feel like it slows the story down. I generally enjoy a more fast paced schedule, with the story moving along as much as possible. Honestly, I'd like to get back to a one and a half month per update schedule if I can, but we're too close to 1.0 to justify that.

Anyway, when's it coming? Well, a 2 month content update means about two months from last update, so probably in January some time. I'll be flying home for Christmas and New Years for a little over a week, so that'll probably push things back a bit. But I expect it to come out around mid January. I probably also won't post anything next week due to my holiday, so here's your heads up on that.

Anyway, have a good Christmas and/or New Years guys. I'll see you around.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
Relationship points don't matter that much. There's very few RP checks, and they're all way lower than the max amount you could have at that point. I don't think there are even any checks for Liz. I'm pretty sure you can fuck the receptionist and still get with Liz, as long as you're on the Romance path.

I would suggest sticking with Liz, she's probably one of the most rewarding characters in the game right now (in terms of her story).

P.S. I think there's just the one sex scene with the receptionist, so if you just save at the choice, you can get the scene, then reload and get the Liz RP.
Relationship points don't matter that much right now. I can totally see them being tied into a bunch of endings, like person X will not join the endgame harem if you don't have enough RP points.

Grimnir098

Jan 27, 2021
Relationship points don't matter that much right now. I can totally see them being tied into a bunch of endings, like person X will not join the endgame harem if you don't have enough RP points.
I'm pretty sure WW has said that he doesn't want to make relationship points a big thing, but I'm not going to go look for that quote.
There might be RP checks tied into endings but I doubt they'll be high enough that they'll lock out anyone who wants them.

Reactions: GaRbS

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Since I made them, throwing them out here for anyone who may like them. Wonder if the mods will delete them lol. The joys of AI art..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

edit: added MC
Bit of a tangent but am I correct in assuming that the "new" artstyle in the game is just the dev feeding his art through AI?
Because that's what it looks like to me.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Bit of a tangent but am I correct in assuming that the "new" artstyle in the game is just the dev feeding his art through AI?
What are you talking about? If you mean the new art that was introduced quite some time ago, then i don't think so. Maybe just polishing it a bit.
AI art looks good but is still in an infant state and looks the same in a lot of instances. What I can see are some soft edges in some art that could have been retouched with AI.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
While I'm not privy to the development process, I know that the graphics overhaul has been a long time coming and it also had some setbacks. The concept art for the new designs have been in place for quite some time and WW lost a hard drive that seemed to hold some of the new drawings.

He probably uses some AI assistance, but most of the changes, like Alice, the Twins and Emily are consistent with the concept art he posted on his patreon quite some time ago. The only one that got a surprise makeover was Ella (you can easily observe the differences between the current model and the earlier update during the 33th training segment), and I'm fairly sure that the bulk of the design is from his own hand.

I generally try to avoid judging the game on the art at this point for three reasons. One is that it works for me since it's good enough so I can fill the details myself when needed. Two is that according to the patreon, I'm fairly sure he is planning a graphics overhaul for version 1.0. The third is that I can easily observe how much he has improved from the earlier days especially when it comes to dimensions, landscapes and space depth. You can track the character positions during fights easier nowadays, the environment is more detailed than it used to be etc.

In these last few releases, the art for characters has been very inconsistent because he uses the old sprites for most dialogue, but when he has to draw en face and profile angles he uses the new models. So I'd say that it's normal for the community that actively follows the game, to reserve judgement till the overhaul, which is probably why you don't see many posts discussing it, despite how obvious it is.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
While I'm not privy to the development process, I know that the graphics overhaul has been a long time coming and it also had some setbacks. The concept art for the new designs have been in place for quite some time and WW lost a hard drive that seemed to hold some of the new drawings.

He probably uses some AI assistance, but most of the changes, like Alice, the Twins and Emily are consistent with the concept art he posted on his patreon quite some time ago. The only one that got a surprise makeover was Ella (you can easily observe the differences between the current model and the earlier update during the 33th training segment), and I'm fairly sure that the bulk of the design is from his own hand.

I generally try to avoid judging the game on the art at this point for three reasons. One is that it works for me since it's good enough so I can fill the details myself when needed. Two is that according to the patreon, I'm fairly sure he is planning a graphics overhaul for version 1.0. The third is that I can easily observe how much he has improved from the earlier days especially when it comes to dimensions, landscapes and space depth. You can track the character positions during fights easier nowadays, the environment is more detailed than it used to be etc.

In these last few releases, the art for characters has been very inconsistent because he uses the old sprites for most dialogue, but when he has to draw en face and profile angles he uses the new models. So I'd say that it's normal for the community that actively follows the game, to reserve judgement till the overhaul, which is probably why you don't see many posts discussing it, despite how obvious it is.
You say that but honestly I'm fine even if it didn't get a visual overhaul. Sure it's not the prettiest in the beginning and I can see how it might turn some people off of it, but once you get through that initial awkwardness it fades into the background noise.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
You say that but honestly I'm fine even if it didn't get a visual overhaul. Sure it's not the prettiest in the beginning and I can see how it might turn some people off of it, but once you get through that initial awkwardness it fades into the background noise.
I express a similar sentiment during my 3rd paragraph. However I'm interested to see what WW will do, because some of the scenes feel disconnected.

Let me provide an example:
I like Tess sprite. It's not the best drawn one by a long shot, but it communicates the demeanor of the character, it's basic features etc. It's good enough for me to show interest to the character.

However her specific scenes are all over the place.
1) During the cheerleader route, the scenes with FMC are pretty much ugly.
2) The close ups and en face shots accentuate an odd feature, the excessive hair around her eyes. This is very prominent during the sorority party with the strip poker.
3) During the bonfire party, in the lake, we see the new model for the first time and it's way different than the original sprite, almost like a new character. Different face, different skin complexity, different hair color, more voluptuous than athletic which contrasts both her profession and her sprite.

So in a sense, all the tension that leads up to her scenes lose a lot of potency because of the visuals. She isn't consistent and the player has to go with his own perception of what Tess is, rather than what is shown in the game.

Humans tend to somewhat ignore the bad cosmetic features of a character if they like them. This happens in real life too. But a character like Tess doesn't have enough content to allow you to like her strictly for who she is. She exists mostly for the sex appeal and some filler. So when the visuals aren't up to par, she loses her whole point.

Now I don't think that fixing Tess, Christie, older Ella scenes, Alice during the beachparty, old Emily scenes etc, is that important. It's a very small part of the game and I'm FAR more interested in the story than a few random sex scenes, especially since the newer visuals tend to be fairly good. But it will create a far higher quality product and these inconsistencies can be prominent enough to alienate some of the player base who isn't that interested in the lore and prefers the faster-paced aspects of the VN, like combat and sex. Because if you are a new player, it's hard to predict that this game is going to be good, if it's that inconsistent and some of the art actively repulses you.

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018

His art may have gotten better but there's no way he went from making the art featured earlier in the game to the current art in such a small period of time. That's a legit 5 year minimum increase in skill and would take way longer to make on top of that.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
His art may have gotten better but there's no way he went from making the art featured earlier in the game to the current art in such a small period of time. That's a legit 5 year minimum increase in skill and would take way longer to make on top of that.
It's easy to think that the newer models may have been worked with an AI, but I don't get the same sense from the enviornments, the better tracking of movement and the increased verticality that we can observe since the MC vs Jake fight.

Compared to the earlier fights, anything after MC vs Jake is very detailed. It's also around the time he started incorporating the new character models with the obvious ones being Emily, Alice and Amber. I also think that new Brianna came out around that time. It's when he started posting the new concept art and since then there has been a steady trickle of newer and better models for the old characters, and most of them were finalized by 0.95 (MC's 3rd evolution).

It's possible that the new models were generated with some AI assistance, but I don't think the enviroments and the scene direction with increased varticality and better tracking of the actors, were the work of an AI.

All in all, considering the patreon post history and how the art has improved, I just don't see a huge AI influence here and despite the newer models being far more detailed and proportional than the old ones, they still remain fairly consistent with the art style that was established back in spring of 2022, which is before the release of Stable Diffusion (August 2022).

So despite the dramatic improvement, I don't think that it's accurate to say that WW feeds his art to an AI (which was the initial tangent), although it's very possible that thanks to Stable Diffusion, he can get ideas for concept art easier, which makes him more effective and productive artist.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
So is Emily completely missable? Like you can just never interact with her at all after the first day?
All characters, at least the obvious ones that are plot-relevant are integral to the plot. Some choices can lock you out of lewd content, however.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes