Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
We think that superhumans that reach the level 5 become nigh indestructible simply because it's like that, stated and even if it wasn't clearly said it's just obvious how is that the case
In the mall MC can be killed by a couple of regular military grenades.
He is at level 3 at the time.

I don't deny that even a lvl 5 who has practically no useful combat abilities would be really durable and, for example, a hit from ordinary firearms would cause him no damage. But you still don't realize that they are still largely humans.

You need to eat, drink, sleep and breathe air. Powerful explosions can still hurt you. And high caliber special penetrating ammo can hurt you too. You would probably take a lot of hits before going down, but you would eventually go down.

If Jake could reach the 5th level you surely couldn't reach him with a katana and neither cut him down with it; firstly he will have a passive mental barrier that renders impossible for any human to go near him with hostile intentions, secondly at the 5th level, even if just evolved, he has the body so naturally reinforced that a simple katana or even a sniper almost point-blank range couldn't hurt him in the slightest.
The joke is that both Superhumans and Monsters usually compensate for their weaknesses somehow. They are usually too fast, have protective barriers, armor or special power and just won't let you hit them with anything that could seriously hurt them. The fact that you COULD kill them in a certain way does not mean that you will be able to.

It's their abilities that are a threat to this world, not their resistance to being killed.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
In the mall MC can be killed by a couple of regular military grenades.
He is at level 3 at the time.

I don't deny that even a lvl 5 who has practically no useful combat abilities would be really durable and, for example, a hit from ordinary firearms would cause him no damage. But you still don't realize that they are still largely humans.

You need to eat, drink, sleep and breathe air. Powerful explosions can still hurt you. And high caliber special penetrating ammo can hurt you too. You would probably take a lot of hits before going down, but you would eventually go down.

The joke is that both Superhumans and Monsters usually compensate for their weaknesses somehow. They are usually too fast, have protective barriers, armor or special power and just won't let you hit them with anything that could seriously hurt them. The fact that you COULD kill them in a certain way does not mean that you will be able to.

It's their abilities that are a threat to this world, not their resistance to being killed.
No, there are a lot of wrong things here. Superhumans are not Humans, even if they were named like this, they are all simply other specific species that look-alike to humans. The very first evolution, when you're being transformed from a human to a superhuman, is called "Rebirth" stage.
When a superhuman reaches the 4th level, named the "Limit Breaker" stage, he stops needing to eat, sleep, dring and even breathe air and powerful explosions under a very high threshold can't hurt superhumans of a high level.

Their abilities are modelled after their bodies and viceversa so they are their abilities

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Superhumans are not Humans, even if they were named like this, they are all simply other specific species that look-alike to humans. The very first evolution, when you're being transformed from a human to a superhuman, is called "Rebirth" stage
Not true, if you give Deryl your blood at the beginning of the game, he will tell you that it is still human blood, just "better" in every way. You are still "human", or at least an extremely advanced version of it.

When a superhuman reaches the 4th level, named the "Limit Breaker" stage, he stops needing to eat, sleep, dring and even breathe air and powerful explosions under a very high threshold can't hurt superhumans of a high level.
And that's why you can come across captains eating large portions in a cantyte, and even Ela will recommend you to eat well before a fight, as it will affect the effectiveness of your fighting skills...

I guess that also explains why the raven monster (which was very high level) was eating human hearts...
And in general, why do all monsters, regardless of level, eat people.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Not true, if you give Deryl your blood at the beginning of the game, he will tell you that it is still human blood, just "better" in every way. You are still "human", or at least an extremely advanced version of it.

And that's why you can come across captains eating large portions in a cantyte, and even Ela will recommend you to eat well before a fight, as it will affect the effectiveness of your fighting skills...

I guess that also explains why the raven monster (which was very high level) was eating human hearts...
And in general, why do all monsters, regardless of level, eat people.
Bro why are you blinding yourself on purpose and even being sarcastic when I'm just here trying to make you understand better.

Deryl will tell you with his little knowledge on the matter that you basically made so many evolutionary steps that you have gone past the human species and just evolved from that into a totally different one. Btw with every evolution this distance between your original human self and the "upgraded" version widens by a lot.

I said that the need to do those things isn't there but it's not like you can deny Malik his turkey or whatever the fuck he eats. It's obvious that if you want energy to use it's much more simple to gather it by eating, sleeping and drinking but those at 5th level do it more for the pleasure in doing it as they've got an energy pool so vast that whatever you can acquire from some steak it's pretty trivial to them.
And don't confuse yourself, Ella said that to the MC when he was level 2 not level 4

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Btw with every evolution this distance between your original human self and the "upgraded" version widens by a lot.
I agree with that, but the foundation you are building on is still human.
You just improve it and evolving it in every possible way.

I think you fundamentally don't understand what I'm trying to tell you.
Genetic changes are one thing, but Superhumans are still "technically" human.

They have two arms just like humans, they have two legs just like humans and they have identical internal organs.
Although they are better and more developed in everything, they are still human from the "technical" point of view.
From a practical point of view, they probably couldn't be considered humans anymore.

Wel, maybe some kind of... Superhumans.
:ROFLMAO:

I said that the need to do those things isn't there but it's not like you can deny Malik his turkey or whatever the fuck he eats. It's obvious that if you want energy to use it's much more simple to gather it by eating, sleeping and drinking but those at 5th level do it more for the pleasure in doing it as they've got an energy pool so vast that whatever you can acquire from some steak it's pretty trivial to them. And don't confuse yourself, Ella said that to the MC when he was level 2 not level 4.
Even huge energy pool it's not infinite, especially when it comes to fighting an opponent of the same level as you.

Logically, you then have to rest and replenish your strength. Do you know a more effective way than eating and sleeping? Plus, even Superhumans have stomachs. And I don't know if you've noticed, but when your stomach is empty, it's an uncomfortable feeling. Would a Superhuman be able to survive for very long time without food or rest? Definitely yes. Would they be able to survive indefinitely? Definitely not.

Edvin If you will persevere with all this nonsense just know that you've got me tired of trying to explain basic shit to you, so I will not reply anymore, at least not for a while
Please avoid arrogant comments where you imply that you understand things that were not explicitly stated in the game better than the game creator. We can only theorize based on the information we have, nothing is certain and until explicitly stated otherwise, all opinions have equal weight. Let's be polite and respect different opinions.

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
You are completely off.

Oskar was nearly killed by regular conventional weapons. And he was definitely one of the more durable even by Superhuman standards. And humans already have really good antimoster weapons, like those special cannons used in the big battle with the monsters.

Furthermore, a headshot with some powerful caliber or a strong enough explosion can kill even an S-class superhuman or similarly powerful monster. Unless you're a special class capable of instant regeneration (there aren't many of them) you won't survive severe brain damage. Superhumans may be stronger, faster, and much more durable than humans, but they still have human anatomy (at least most of them). They cannot function without a brain or without a heart.

And nuclear weapons are capable of easily eliminating most monsters and Superhumans.

But it is counterproductive. If it's a level monster you'd be able to kill with a nuke, then it's not worth wasting something like that on someone so weak. There would have to be a lot of them together to justify it. On the other hand, if it's a monster that you wouldn't be able to kill even using a nuke, then there's no point in using it.
You need to reread anything related to how power rankings work in the game. You have confused the HERO Threat Ranks with Superhuman levels and you base your assumptions on erroneous data. For example Oscar is sub-level 1, and MC during the mall event is level 2, not level 3.

Human or monster-based human tehnology are incapable of killing either A/S Class monsters or Level 5 Superhumans. Nuclear weapons are not capable of eliminating the stronger monsters and Superhumans.

All these things have been explained in the game. They aren't speculation or a matter of debate.

Last edited:

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
You need to reread anything related to how power rankings work in the game. You have confused the HERO Threat Ranks with Superhumans levels and you base your assumptions on erroneous data. For example Oscar is sub-level 1, and MC during the mall event is level 2, not level 3.

Human or monster-based human tehnology are incapable of killing either A/S Class monsters or Level 5 Superhumans. Nuclear weapons are not capable of eliminating the stronger monsters and Superhumans.

All these things have been explained in the game. They aren't speculation or a matter of debate.
Brother, don't strain yourself. I tried for a very long time and came out of it with an headache so just ignore it for your mental sake

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Human or monster-based human technology are incapable of killing either A/S Class monsters or Level 5 Superhumans. Nuclear weapons are not capable of eliminating the stronger monsters and Superhumans.
That is of course true.

But strongest does not equal most durable or hardest to kill.
It makes a big difference if you hit an A-class monster with extremely thick skin and the size of a mountain with an nuke, or if nuke explodes in the direct vicinity of a human-sized monster.

After all, you can't be so naive as to say that it won't have any effect on that monster and that it won't cause any harm.

P.S.
Unlike some local commentators, I'm not arrogant enough to admit I'm wrong.
If someone shows me some text from the game that directly contradicts what I said, I will admit that I am wrong.
But if such a text does not exist, then my opinion has no less value than yours.
We're all just talking theoretically here.

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
That is of course true.

But strongest does not equal most durable or hardest to kill.
It makes a big difference if you hit an A-class monster with extremely thick skin and the size of a mountain with an nuke, or if nuke explodes in the direct vicinity of a human-sized monster.

After all, you can't be so naive as to say that it won't have any effect on that monster and that it won't cause any harm.
Technically it doesn't. You are looking at it from a physics perspective. It doesn't work that way. Superhuman (level 3 and higher) and Monster bodies are augmented by monster power. It's not the material properties which makes them so tough, it's literally monster magic. And while it's possible to cause some harm, it's insignificant. Nico for example transported so much Lava that it literally boiled a whole lake in an instant and the best that attack managed to do was to get it inside the Asura's eyes, blinding it (probably temporarily) and that thing was already wounded (more wounds = less power = less durability).

Perhaps a certain type of superhuman who is physically weak may be "wounded" by a barrage of nuclear explosions assuming that it's possible to even succesfully attack him, but even that doesn't mean that this is a Lose condition. Ella is physically weak, and she survived a direct Sun blast and completely shrugged off Malik's heat wave which was so powerful that broke reality. All the nuclear arsenal of the world isn't capable of delivering such powerful attacks.

The reasons Superhumans get wounded in the first place is because Monster power is involved in the attacks. For example Ella can summon some spikes to wound Nico which make her seem extremely prone to physical damage. However Nico can survive the vacuum of space. In the latest update MC attacks Eisheth with his strongest slashing attack, which literally sends her through the floor, and the narrator says that he only managed to break her skin. So it's obvious that our physics model does not work in this case (and this is important because WW tends to stay fairly consistent when describing the various effects). There is absolutely no assumption that can be made other than what is stated as absolute fact in the game or it's an argument made by an authority figure which we can safely assume has tested his assumptions.

So if Xanthe says that human technology is incapable of harming a level 5 superhuman, even one with the worst possible ability, and that his monster-based weaponry does not work on A Class and higher, then that's that. (A Class monsters are insects compared to level 5 Superhumans).

Last edited:

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
P.S.
Unlike some local commentators, I'm not arrogant enough to admit I'm wrong.
If someone shows me some text from the game that directly contradicts what I said, I will admit that I am wrong.
But if such a text does not exist, then my opinion has no less value than yours.
We're all just talking theoretically here.
Yours are opinions and theories while mine and GtDead's are simply stated truths
Now I don't want to go through the whole game just to prove a point over a stupid debate online, even more because there are so many dialogues all throughout the game that confirms all of what we are saying

myst0501

May 30, 2020
Would a Superhuman be able to survive for very long time without food or rest? Definitely yes. Would they be able to survive indefinitely? Definitely not.
Xanthe: "But it's no replacement for a true evolution, as I will now explain. The fourth evolution, the limit breaker stage."
Xanthe: "As the name suggests this evolution is the one you want to achieve to break all human limitations, as well as some of the limitations of your powers."
Xanthe: "You will no longer need to eat, drink or even breathe to survive, though doing so does still provide some benefits."

Last edited:

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Technically it doesn't. You are looking at it from a physics perspective. It doesn't work that way. Superhuman and Monster bodies are augmented by monster power. It's not the material properties which makes them so tough, it's literally monster magic.
I'm not sure you can look at it that way.
For example, MC abilities are based on physical laws. No magic.
Well, at least Weir World explains it all according to the rules of the laws of physics.
MC power works on a cellular level and is logically weak against electricity as it causes the solid bond between his cells to break down.

And I think you are underestimating the power of an nuke explosion in close proximity.
It's not just the high temperature and radiation, but also the pressure that will tear everything apart.

Even Superman is injured and weakened after the nuke blast.
2-3 nuke blasts and you would be able to kill him.

Saying that all A and S classes are automatically more durable than Superman seems a bit too much to me.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
I'm not sure you can look at it that way.
For example, MC abilities are based on physical laws. No magic.
Well, at least Weir World explains it all according to the rules of the laws of physics.
MC power works on a cellular level and is logically weak against electricity as it causes the solid bond between his cells to break down.

And I think you are underestimating the power of an nuke explosion in close proximity.
It's not just the high temperature and radiation, but also the pressure that will tear everything apart.

Even Superman is injured and weakened after the nuke blast.
2-3 nuke blasts and you would be able to kill him.

Saying that all A and S classes are automatically more durable than Superman seems a bit too much to me.
Bro what shitty version of superman have you picked up for this impossible comparison as the universes have absolutely different power systems

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Xanthe: "But it's no replacement for a true evolution, as I will now explain. The fourth evolution, the limit breaker stage."
Xanthe: "As the name suggests this evolution is the one you want to achieve to break all human limitations, as well as some of the limitations of your powers."
Xanthe: "You will no longer need to eat, drink or even breathe to survive, though doing so does still provide some benefits."
True, but not completely. Our favorite teleportation girl is proof of that.
The range of her teleportation is limited, and although she can survive in a vacuum, she must never use more than half of her power to teleport herself to space, otherwise she would not be able to return, as she has no way to replenish her power in space. I think the point is that you don't need these things to survive, but you still need them to replenish your strength. So "technically" you still need them.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Bro what shitty version of superman have you picked up for this impossible comparison as the universes have absolutely different power systems
Just a DC movie that is considered by many to be the best DC movie of all time.
;)

P.S.
We obviously have a different opinion on the fundamental workings of the entire Superhuman universe. I understand it as something that is still subject to the laws of physics, but it seems that most people here lean more towards the world of magic.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes