lightdrac

Jun 18, 2020
I liked the game more when everything could be explained using the laws of physics...

But it is true that it has become more difficult lately, because if it wasn't an error on the part of the author, we are leaving the OP power level and heading more towards ridiculous power level. And as I said, if their durability was really at the level that some people here are trying to claim it is, then to kill lvl 5, you would probably need destroy a good chunk of our planet.
Sorry to have to burst your bubble but the game never closely followed the laws of physics. Case in point, the MC's powers and how they defy the laws of conservation of mass, all the way from level 1.

The MC either always has the same mass but changes size(volume), but that would mean he would be constantly breaking though floors, maybe through the ground since he can become giant-sized, while being able to somehow increase his strength and maintain his posture. So it's not like he's just inflating himself with air. He is also able to turn into a fly and actually.. fly.. which makes no sense even with his regular human mass. Even him being able later on to fly while human-shaped, without hollowing his bones, basically lowering his mass, should be impossible; it would be more like jumping really high and then gliding. Well, superhuman strength and super fast flapping maybe fix the flying issue but the wings would have to be absolutely huge, much bigger than what we see in the game and the flying itself would always be really annoying and wonky. Anyway, I am pretty sure it was mentioned explicitly that the MC is changing his mass/weight at these points though, so it's out of the question.

Or the only thing that would actually sorta make sense would the typical comic book/anime cop-out: pocket/alternative dimensions where the MC stores his extra mass. So a meat dimension, ain't that something! Or he is converting monster power, which could be considered a form of energy I guess, into mass/flesh and back into energy at will, in a manner of seconds. Yeah that's probably it, not completely unscientific I suppose.

When it comes to superhero shenanigans this pretty much comes with the territory, doesn't necessarily mean it's faulty writing. It makes sense with the whole sorta but not really Lovecraftian setting also.

Jan 16, 2024
Jake didn't like the opinions of the forum goers so he commanded the moderators to fuck shit up. Thankfully we have a hexenringe of our own, so we ended up hiding inside our offtopic dimension.

So basically, this thread not only lost it's activity, but a lot of those who helped develop the theories in the first place and are aware of them don't really bother posting here. Newcomers need to redevelop them, which basically means that the damn mods bombed the thread to the Stone Age.

Congratulations, impeccable job. They even threatened to ban people from the thread! Like it matters! How am I going to ask "When update guyz lol?" which according to the mod is what the threads are supposed to be about ? People from the offtopic actively avoid posting here cause it's a matter of time till the mod flies in, on his bright white pegasus, and shits all over our discussions.
Oh yeah i remember that

Long ago, the four cults lived in harmony worshipping whoever they wanted and occasionally doing waifu wars... then everything changed when the mods nuked the thread, only Mommy 4th could stop them and unite the cults but when the world needed her the most she vanished.

At first they felt sad then they felt rage but soon they discovered that their punishment was a bless in disguise because now they could worship and do just as many waifu wars without having to worry about the tyranny of the mods :WeSmart:.

That pretty much sums it right?

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Oh yeah i remember that

Long ago, the four cults lived in harmony worshipping whoever they wanted and occasionally doing waifu wars... then everything changed when the mods nuked the thread, only Mommy 4th could stop them and unite the cults but when the world needed her the most she vanished.

At first they felt sad then they felt rage but soon they discovered that their punishment was a bless in disguise because now they could worship and do just as many waifu wars without having to worry about the tyranny of the mods :WeSmart:.

Ah you are a fellow historian/scribe I see. Creative license is the best license.

The mods, under the influence of Jake the Bastard, completed their mission and then went on to have a crazy orgy amongst themselves. They made a contest of who is the most powerful and some of them (you can find the names some tens of pages back!) managed to fit even 6 dicks inside their anuses at the same time. Pleased with themselves and their achievements they left, only to return some weeks later and do the same again. But this time, in the orgy, the best of them managed to fit 9 dicks inside their anuses at the same time.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Sorry to have to burst your bubble but the game never closely followed the laws of physics. Case in point, the MC's powers and how they defy the laws of conservation of mass, all the way from level 1.

The MC either always has the same mass but changes size(volume), but that would mean he would be constantly breaking though floors, maybe through the ground since he can become giant-sized, while being able to somehow increase his strength and maintain his posture. So it's not like he's just inflating himself with air. He is also able to turn into a fly and actually.. fly.. which makes no sense even with his regular human mass. Even him being able later on to fly while human-shaped, without hollowing his bones, basically lowering his mass, should be impossible; it would be more like jumping really high and then gliding. Well, superhuman strength and super fast flapping maybe fix the flying issue but the wings would have to be absolutely huge, much bigger than what we see in the game and the flying itself would always be really annoying and wonky. Anyway, I am pretty sure it was mentioned explicitly that the MC is changing his mass/weight at these points though, so it's out of the question.
Not necessarily. I just said that in 90% of cases we can explain how abilities work, but we still doesn't understand where the power source comes from. MC is actually just a pool of black slime that has a core somewhere inside. Based on the analysis of the cellular structure and DNA of other beings that he touches, he can create a cellular copy of these beings, or even hybrids. He is weak against electricity, as electricity causes the strong bonds between cells to break down. This all makes perfect sense. As you noted, MC can completely change the amount of his mass. However, his abilities are limited because when he was badly injured during longer fights, his regeneration began to lose its effectiveness because he simply did not have enough mass to regenerate from. This could technically be explained by the fact that the black slime is a form of miniature stem cells. As can be seen, MC can change the volume of these cells, increase their size, shrink them or reorganize them. If I had to guess, I would say that the cells are gradually created by its core. MC can increase his mass with food, but I guess that shouldn't be enough. Well, certainly not after long battles where he loses a lot of limbs and tentacles. An explanation is offered that there is another source of energy here. But we can't explain it yet. No one can explain it yet, although the scientists in Superhuman are trying.

We know a lot and we can explain a lot. Knowledge of that external or internal energy source will be key.
Maybe there is some kind of "transmitter" that Monsters and Superhumans can connect to and draw energy from for their abilities. We don't know that yet, but we will definitely find out in the future. It will be the last piece of the puzzle.

lg545

Oct 23, 2019
What does slight hope mean in this context? If Malik can cause attacks orders of magnitude more powerful and more lasting than Nuclear explosions, and has only a slight hope against Bernhardt, then he probably has to hit him multiple times.
I am interested about how Bernhardt is able to tank non-physical abilities like Nux Death for example? As we saw on Ella example (lvl 5) - it does not matter how awesome regeneration or durability you have because against such "conceptual" powers you would get down with one word
Of course Bernhardt could strike first but what if someone would be able to take him by surprise?

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
I am interested about how Bernhardt is able to tank non-physical abilities like Nux Death for example? As we saw on Ella example (lvl 5) - it does not matter how awesome regeneration or durability you have because against such "conceptual" powers you would get down with one word
Of course Bernhardt could strike first but what if someone would be able to take him by surprise?
He has a passive shield. The same one as Alice for example. I bet it deters more than just physical attacks, but we are not aware to its full capabilities yet.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
In the game there exists the concept of "Power Contest". Ella roughly explains how it works while training Jake.
So technically even if a person doesn't have an actual defense against these types of abilities, he can still overpower the caster's attack and nulify it, or even cause a feedback if the power differential is too great.

I can't tell if Bernhardt would be capable of completely nullifying Nyx's death ray with a power contest, even if he is supposed to be a more powerful individual, but that interaction is my best guess.

Of course it also depends on how Nyx's attack interacts with the environment, if it's considered elemental / projectile based etc. For example if the death ray works exactly like projectile energy based attacks (like Klaus for example) , then it's probable that Bernhardt can just stop it with his air barrier.

Reactions: entsuo

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Oh yeah i remember that

darktimes.jpg

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
until a nice mod intervened and peacefully explained that there was a mole flagging the posts as off topic he could be operating right now to fuck with us again...
So don't start giving twats like that ammunition to use... Including directly slagging off mods/staff.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
Oh yeah i remember that

I only recently returned to this thread because of the new update just now realising a lot of the old faces are gone. Havent seen that dog clapper guy yet perhaps he left.

Reactions: Wolf14

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
I only recently returned to this thread because of the new update just now realising a lot of the old faces are gone. Havent seen that dog clapper guy yet perhaps he left.
Nah he lurks here but almost only posts on off-topic thread, if you want to see serious shit it is there that you need to go

Jan 16, 2024
If you actually go there Weezal don't ask him to show you his wartime creations i mean there's already the risk of you seeing them by being there but his memes are worth it

• Red Heart
Reactions: ItzSyther

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Shit... you're right guess i wasn't so conscious when i did those i better go back to lurk into the shadows and watch from afar thank you for the advice
Pointing out not to do the kind of thing that's likely to get the wrong kind of attention isn't telling you to back to lurking... Unless that's the only kind of thing you're likely to post, then by all means stay a lurker and don't cause shit.
If you can post without stirring up shit - being abusive/off-topic derailment (which we're on the brink of, if not fully into), then by all means please continue to contribute.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
superhuman and having to clean the thread before/after an update name a more iconic duo :HideThePain:
Could be worse... Could be locking the thread the day before release due to inevitable and habitual bitching back & forth about "NTR WAAAAAAAAAH, NTR BAD, NTR GOOD" from people who normally don't say shit at other times.

Jan 16, 2024
Pointing out not to do the kind of thing that's likely to get the wrong kind of attention isn't telling you to back to lurking... Unless that's the only kind of thing you're likely to post, then by all means stay a lurker and don't cause shit.
If you can post without stirring up shit - being abusive/off-topic derailment (which we're on the brink of, if not fully into), then by all means please continue to contribute.
I think you took my last reply with a little touch of salt, i have no intention of stirring shit up... well... i had but that was minimal and i was insomnia drunk, i am sorry if somehow i annoyed you :cry:.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Can we all agree that new Claudia is the bomb? Since that patreon post dropped I don't even care about the main story. I just want to analyze the art (and hopefully analize Claudia)
The only thing that will please me more is either Shadow getting infected and turned into a Real Girl™, or a Nyx sex scene.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes