KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I got a bit confused by this. The title of Chosen means that an Apostle chose this individual for some purpose.
Even if it wasn't clear in the previous update, Eisheth pretty much clears it up by calling herself the "Chosen of Truth".

Also I think it's a bit premature to think that there are only 6. Perhaps they have died and haven't yet been replaced, perhaps they were discarded like Syla was. Perhaps every Apostle has more than 1 Chosen. We can't really tell if the Memory Hound's knowledge is complete at this point.

My thinking is that the older the monster, the more likely that it's generationally close to the Apostles. Everything we know about monsters seem to suggest that the closer you are to the Apostle, the stronger you are.

If Apostles are the originators for monsterkind, then their first sons and daughters should have been at least as powerful as Valravn and Fairy who are confirmed to be 1st Gen monsters. Where did they go? Did they die? Did they leave?

From a macro perspective, what you say is probably true, but considering how exponentially powerful the stronger monsters are, there is a huge gap that needs to somehow be explained. Unlike Gods, monsters have a defined beginning that we can trace.

Tbh, I have no goddamn idea what the Outer Twins are.
This is everything I know on the matter:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think it's pretty open and shut that the true God that the apostles appear to be referring to is the union of the Outer Twins? Like, thematically that makes by far the most sense all things considered.

12 Apostles twin together to make 6 Arbiters
2 Outer Twins twin together to make the True God.

The only question mark here is the jump between 6 Arbiters and the 2 Outer Twins. WW has repeatedly demonstrated an interest in mythology and theology when it comes to writing characters and lore, so maybe he's gone the route of representing each Outer Twin as a sort of Trinity a la the Christian God?

In that scenario, three arbiters, presumably split between the first three and the last three, together are three peoples with a singular Divine nature. They share one will, mind, and nature, yet can exist in perpetuity as three persons. This would rectify the issue where it appears that the Outer Gods are above and beyond everything and represent and embody everything, yet it was the Arbiters that actually created and molded everything.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
I think it's pretty open and shut that the true God that the apostles appear to be referring to is the union of the Outer Twins? Like, thematically that makes by far the most sense all things considered.

The only question mark here is the jump between 6 Arbiters and the 2 Outer Twins. WW has repeatedly demonstrated an interest in mythology and theology when it comes to writing characters and lore, so maybe he's gone the route of representing each Outer Twin as a sort of Trinity a la the Christian God?

In that scenario, three arbiters, presumably split between the first three and the last three, together are three peoples with a singular Divine nature. They share one will, mind, and nature, yet can exist in perpetuity as three persons. This would rectify the issue where it appears that the Outer Gods are above and beyond everything and represent and embody everything, yet it was the Arbiters that actually created and molded everything.
Made me think about the triad of Artemis-Selene-Hecate, linked to cycle of life and death, Hecate, are the new moon,also called Black moon (they are a direct reference of this in game saying that black moon is coming. ) representing death or rebirth, Arthemis are the crescent, symbolising birth and Selene the full moon, Maturity of the cycle of life but they also are identified as the same goddess with three avatar.
Also, two group of 6 are in conflict, Valravn mention that " the ennemy moves" when the 2th appear, 2th and 8th also fight each other through Michael and Tiffany. The 2th help mc through Michael, giving him some advice "You must consume too.. it told me this. Bodies... You need to devour more bodies" so they seem to be ally. and the 7th kill 4th avatar during dead end 3
And Ella doll also mention that things will be "much,much worse before going better" and what worse than a war between apostle?

The black moon could be the lord of dark, the eternal night mentioned by Valravn symbolize a world without god, and fit whit is other surname and so he's strongly linked to death .
Only piece missing is the Greath Ocean, but if the lord of dark is death, the greath ocean could be life, water is connected to life, The combination of Earth's gravity and the gravitational pull of the moon creates a phenomenon called tidal force, which is what causes our ocean tides to change. So the two are also strongly tied together .

Together they could be the outer twins and merge in one true god , the origin once all is over.
From this war will come death , the emergence of a new god and then life will spread again .

Last edited:

N1CKs001

Nov 12, 2021
So what are everyone's thoughts on the recent update? I kinda felt Deryl was bit off character since I figure with him there he'd talk sense into the twins or make sure they are safe since the point of the previous update was to find out about why twins are being hunted and keeping them safe since he's close to them, being childhood friend and sweat hearts respectively, and with what happened with Laurie I figure he'd be more on guard. welp hopefully both Amber and especially Liz make it out alive

eroul211

Sep 24, 2022
Made me think about the triad of Artemis-Selene-Hecate, linked to cycle of life and death, Hecate, are the new moon,also called Black moon (they are a direct reference of this in game saying that black moon is coming. ) representing death or rebirth, Arthemis are the crescent, symbolising birth and Selene the full moon, Maturity of the cycle of life but they also are identified as the same goddess with three avatar.
Also, two group of 6 are in conflict, Valravn mention that " the ennemy moves" when the 2th appear, 2th and 8th also fight each other through Michael and Tiffany. The 2th help mc through Michael, giving him some advice "You must consume too.. it told me this. Bodies... You need to devour more bodies" so they seem to be ally. and the 7th kill 4th avatar during dead end 3
And Ella doll also mention that things will be "much,much worse before going better" and what worse than a war between apostle?

The black moon could be the lord of dark, the eternal night mentioned by Valravn symbolize a world without god, and fit whit is other surname and so he's strongly linked to death .
Only piece missing is the Greath Ocean, but if the lord of dark is death, the greath ocean could be life, water is connected to life, The combination of Earth's gravity and the gravitational pull of the moon creates a phenomenon called tidal force, which is what causes our ocean tides to change. So the two are also strongly tied together .

Together they could be the outer twins and merge in one true god , the origin once all is over.
From this war will come death , the emergence of a new god and then life will spread again .
If you have enough power 310 you can attack Jared at the Logdon building when you found him with Charlie, then you are gonna get a dead end being teleported by Hex in to the Great Ocen.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021

It makes a lot of sense for the Outer Twins to be the parts of the one god, but at this point, calling anything open and shut is probably not a good idea. For example, the way Aglaecwif talks, it feels that the Arbiters are above the Outer Twins. I can't prove this but she groups the Outer Twins with the Great Ocean/LoD and gives a lot of emphasis to the improbability of Arbiters' return.

I also can accept that the lowly monsters don't know anything more than the Apostles. But the oldest monsters who know of cosmological matters, why would they pray for the return of the Arbiters, when they can worship the Outer Twins instead? I mean sure, people don't always pray to the God, they may pray to Angels, Saints, Prophets, w/e. But the God is the center of the worship, not these entities.

On the other hand, I can't fit this idea in a cosmological model that makes sense. The God will have to create the Arbiters, which in turn create the Outer Twins, and eventually the Apostles? Doesn't fit that well. Also my idea about Ocean and LoD being products of Apostolic effort can't be applied to the Outer Twins. There are two references to their nature that set them apart.

Frankly, the Outer Twins, despite having charactestics that make them likely to be parts of God, are the most difficult part of building a cosmological model. The link between God, Arbiters and Apostles is crystal clear.
God -> Arbiters (Powers of Creation) -> Apostles (Split Traits of the Powers of Creation)
God <- Arbiters (Powers of God) <- Apostles (Traits of God)

It makes sense for Arbiters to be some sort of Triad. My own theory uses this concept, a Triad of Powers that are closely related, inside a framework similar to yin & yang (yang & yin in this specific instance). Despite however, how hard it is to explain why the Arbiters break the "rule of 2", my problem is that I can't find a concrete way to put the Outer Twins in the Model. The yin & yang idea is fine as a first step, but it's not like the traits fall nicely inside these concepts. I'm reaching, and I'm reaching hard.

If you have enough power 310 you can attack Jared at the Logdon building when you found him with Charlie, then you are gonna get a dead end being teleported by Hex in to the Great Ocen.
The sea that drowns MC may be part of the Great Ocean, but it's not "it". In fact we can say that the Great Ocean is every possible body of water, including Earth's oceans and lakes, at least until proven otherwise. The only thing we can say for sure, about the water in this deadend, is that it behaves exactly like the Mystic Waters do in the shopkeep's items' memories.

Last edited:

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
It makes a lot of sense for the Outer Twins to be the parts of the one god, but at this point, calling anything open and shut is probably not a good idea. For example, the way Aglaecwif talks, it feels that the Arbiters are above the Outer Twins. I can't prove this but she groups the Outer Twins with the Great Ocean/LoD and gives a lot of emphasis to the improbability of Arbiters' return.

I also can accept that the lowly monsters don't know anything more than the Apostles. But the oldest monsters who know of cosmological matters, why would they pray for the return of the Arbiters, when they can worship the Outer Twins instead? I mean sure, people don't always pray to the God, they may pray to Angels, Saints, Prophets, w/e. But the God is the center of the worship, not these entities.

On the other hand, I can't fit this idea in a cosmological model that makes sense. The God will have to create the Arbiters, which in turn create the Outer Twins, and eventually the Apostles? Doesn't fit that well. Also my idea about Ocean and LoD being products of Apostolic effort can't be applied to the Outer Twins. There are two references to their nature that set them apart.

Frankly, the Outer Twins, despite having charactestics that make them likely to be parts of God, are the most difficult part of building a cosmological model. The link between God, Arbiters and Apostles is crystal clear.
God -> Arbiters (Powers of Creation) -> Apostles (Split Traits of the Powers of Creation)
God <- Arbiters (Powers of God) <- Apostles (Traits of God)

It makes sense for Arbiters to be some sort of Triad. My own theory uses this concept, a Triad of Powers that are closely related, inside a framework similar to yin & yang (yang & yin in this specific instance). Despite however, how hard it is to explain why the Arbiters break the "rule of 2", my problem is that I can't find a concrete way to put the Outer Twins in the Model. The yin & yang idea is fine as a first step, but it's not like the traits fall nicely inside these concepts. I'm reaching, and I'm reaching hard.

The sea that drowns MC may be part of the Great Ocean, but it's not "it". In fact we can say that the Great Ocean is every possible body of water, including Earth's oceans and lakes, at least until proven otherwise. The only thing we can say for sure, about the water in this deadend, is that it behaves exactly like the Mystic Waters do in the shopkeep's items' memories.
The whole apostle/arbiter/outer twin gods thing for some reason brings to mind caine and his descendants in the world of darkness pen and paper rpg. Caine sired ~3 main progenitors that each got one third of his powers, then all three of them sired 12 that each got one aspect of caines original powers and made clans of their own. Now the real interesting part is that generation has a big difference in world of darkness, the higher generation you are the less power you will be able to draw upon, in general, even if you manage to live for a long time, and it's also possible to devour (something called diablerie) lower generation vampires to uplift yourself to their generation and in turn become more powerful. The third generation vampires that made the clans have powers like "able to make an area your domain" where you can rewrite different aspects of reality, one power is where you just passively brainwash/mind control people and lesser vampires. Obviously WW has drawn inspiration from a lot of places but I'm not sure I have seen anyone mention this before, even if the similarities might be a bit superficial.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
Unlikely, in fact that dark sea where mc is drown in dead end 39 is very similar to Eiseth Domain who is the monster realm,her home where any normal human would die immediatly.

Also we have an idea of what the Great Ocean could be through Amber eyes, and it seem more close to a normal ocean with fish and a "sun" inside who is likely the Greath Ocean himself. So it's possible that the great Ocean really are any body with water like you said. But that thing doesnt look like water, even if it's liquid .

Last edited:

BassTheFish

Jan 13, 2021
And why would one want that?
Well, on a couple occasions I and a few others have deleted our save files before the next update came out and didn't want to have to go back through the game to get the new scenes and events. So we tried to use someone else's save file and it didn't work so we looked around and found out that, that section of code was restricting anyone putting in save files and save data and using it, it also restricts anyone accessing console and anyone trying to edit out a bug or glitch in their save file. None of us know tech or code so we tried but ultimately failed until we thought we could ask a professional modder, hence why I asked you and hoped you might take a look.

Lucyel

Aug 12, 2020
No, by 'beginning' she just means since he was infected (MC says it was the first ability he used, and he's not referring to before his rebirth as a superhuman). There's currently no reason to think MC had the memory trait before he was infected, and definitely no reason for Ella to think that.
What?? "No reason to think MC had memory trait before he was infected"???
Her Mom has those traits, she is the daughter of the memory apostol, and she clearly says that the infection only awoke the powers that was already inside of him. So no, no reason at all.....

Grimnir098

Jan 27, 2021
Well, on a couple occasions I and a few others have deleted our save files before the next update came out and didn't want to have to go back through the game to get the new scenes and events. So we tried to use someone else's save file and it didn't work so we looked around and found out that, that section of code was restricting anyone putting in save files and save data and using it, it also restricts anyone accessing console and anyone trying to edit out a bug or glitch in their save file. None of us know tech or code so we tried but ultimately failed until we thought we could ask a professional modder, hence why I asked you and hoped you might take a look.
You can just use the gallery unlocker on the main page.

Grimnir098

Jan 27, 2021
What?? "No reason to think MC had memory trait before he was infected"???
Her Mom has those traits, she is the daughter of the memory apostol, and she clearly says that the infection only awoke the powers that was already inside of him. So no, no reason at all.....
Okay, there's no reason to think MC had the Body trait before he was infected. How's that?

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
So what are everyone's thoughts on the recent update? I kinda felt Deryl was bit off character since I figure with him there he'd talk sense into the twins or make sure they are safe since the point of the previous update was to find out about why twins are being hunted and keeping them safe since he's close to them, being childhood friend and sweat hearts respectively, and with what happened with Laurie I figure he'd be more on guard. welp hopefully both Amber and especially Liz make it out alive
What was there to talk sense to them about? All of them are prisoners and even tho Xanthe Junior made it sound like a choice, there wasnt really a choice. Maybe not accepting to go along with it would have lead to a even worse outcome.

And Deryl is plotting something with his (new) philosopher stone but he needs time. And at this point its probably more reasonable to wait until their transformation is done to get them out of there.

Are there by the way still people who think SIN is better/more morally acceptable compared to HERO? Its imo just a even worse version of it.

TheOneZR

May 4, 2023
i have a question, we have discover 6 pieces of god and have more 6 to discover in those 6 left who would be the soul of god where or who is that any theories?

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
Is there any update planned to be dropped in the near future. I am thinking of play this game for the first time and I can probably wait if there's an update around the corner

4.80 star(s) 366 Votes