Ren'Py Supermodel Snapshot [v2.1.0] [Belle]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Belle

Developer of Supermodel & Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The polish and the professionalism in this game is out of this world. I'm constantly amazed by the production values and attention to detail. Just wow.

That being said, are you intentionally making the female models visually, well, "muted"? Because even with the intense and dark backdrop, they seem fairly plain.
Muted? I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'm trying to make them look beautiful in a realistic way instead of the plastic doll look that is so common to Daz Studio models. That means they have minor flaws and blemishes, for example. But in my mind, that only makes them look more real and attractive.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Orlox and Gottako

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
I'm aware of Jimmy Olsen but have never really given him much thought since Superman is to me, as a non-American, as uninteresting as comics can get. Honestly, I'm not a superhero comic fan and have never been. I like to read graphic novels that handle the topic with some gravitas, but they too often get bogged down in silly nonsense in my opinion. For example, I greatly enjoy stuff like Batman Year One, The Killing Joke, Watchmen, Sandman, The Mask, and Hellboy. I did not enjoy stuff like Batman by Grant Morrison, the Superman Omnibus, and most random superhero comic books (not graphic novels) I've picked up over the years.

My problems with typical comic book stories are many, but the biggest one is that I find it impossible to get invested in a medium where nothing ever matters because another author will step in and retcon it tomorrow, so why should I care when a so-called "major event" happens in the story? There's also a lot of focus on the absolutely worst aspects of science fiction written by people who understand fiction (barely) but haven't got even the most rudimentary grasp on science. Villains rarely have more complicated goals than "POWER!" or "I want to rule everything!", though I greatly appreciate it in those rare cases where they are written with human (or human-like) motivations or, the very least, as interesting characters (hello Joker!).

Supermodel: Defenders of Desire is not a celebration of superhero comic books and never has been. This is a story more in the vein of something like Watchmen: a more down-to-earth deconstruction of comic books and a grounded (yet fantastical) take on something that is both supernatural and superhuman. Supermodel doesn't follow conventional comic logic. If it does, it's because I want to make a statement. This is a story that is written more in line with a novel than a comic book, focused on grander topics than showdowns between superheroes and villains (though that does happen already in the first version) and more interested in making observations about human nature and the meaning of our existence.

Don't go into Supermodel and expect a reverent worship of comic books. It is absolutely not that. Expect to see something that takes itself and its subject material a little more seriously. I want you to finish Supermodel and think: "damn, that was a great story" rather than "oh boy, I want more adventures of Anna Morgenstern and Michael Sharpe!".

If I don't recognize Jimmy Olsen at first glance, it's because he is primarily featured in a medium that has little interest to me. Heck, I've read comics where he features as a central character and yet have almost completely filtered him out because of how little they resonated with me.

I hope that clears things up. If you read superhero comic books and love them, then more power to you and I'm happy that you enjoy them when I can't. They're just not for me. To be clear, I do enjoy the concept of superheroes outside the comic medium. Movie adaptions of this subject appeal to me, for example, even if they still fall into some of the same pitfalls (but avoid the most important one: they rarely retcon anything).

And honestly, anyone who has played Long Live the Princess should know by now that I'm not one to dive into genre tropes without good reason.
FWIW, I am an American, and Superman never really interested me.

Years back (before JK Rowling became quite so insupportable), I had a conversation with a friend who loved the first four Harry Potter books, but hated the last three. When I asked why, he talked about how he hated the choices that all of the main characters made -- how they displayed weakness and inconsistency, making morally questionable choices. Unlike Superman, for example, whom he loved as a kid (ironic, since he's from Australia). I said I'd always preferred Spiderman, who was neurotic and always on the edge of losing his job and falling apart, but still managed to save the world over and over. He liked platonically perfect heroes. I never trusted them. :shrug:

All of which is to say, I'm looking forward to this game when it comes -- as I anticipated updates to LLtP. :)

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The first version of Supermodel: Defenders of Desire is now almost ready for release. We're most likely talking a week or two from now, though this can be hard to predict accurately.

I just want to clarify to anyone who might be interested in this game that Supermodel: Defenders of Desire is a separate release from Supermodel Snapshot and should be placed in its own thread when that time comes. I will not personally make that thread, but I know this place well enough that I expect one to be made fairly quickly. To whoever decides to do this, I will try to provide a good description of the game in my release post that can be used for that thread as well, and I will be active in the thread to answer questions.

This thread should continue existing as its own thing. It's entirely possible that I will release new versions of Supermodel Snapshot in the future, independently of Supermodel: Defenders of Desire. They are two different branches in my Github repository, after all.

Some of you who have been following me since Long Live the Princess might be disappointed with Supermodel since it's an entirely different kind of game. Whereas LLtP is a semi-open time management VN with multiple paths, choices, and endings, Supermodel is a far more linear and directed VN experience with few choices (in fact, there are no real choices in the first release, though a few will likely pop up later in the story). There is also only a limited amount of sexual content in the first release due to me wanting a slow burn. There will be plenty of sex eventually, but I'm going to take my sweet time building up to it. A stroker story this is not (it's more of a thriller mystery). I'm saying this to temper expectations. I hope that Supermodel will blow people away (heck, with all the effort I've put into this, it'd better blow someone away at the very least), but it's important that you all go into it with the correct expectations.

Long Live the Princess was inspired by Persona. Supermodel is inspired by Steins;Gate. That should tell you a lot if you're familiar with those two games.

Last edited:

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
It's entirely possible that I will release new versions of Supermodel Snapshot in the future, independently of Supermodel: Defenders of Desire. ... Supermodel is a far more linear and directed VN experience with few choices (in fact, there are no real choices in the first release, though a few will likely pop up later in the story).
I don't really care how linear it is at the moment, all I care about is that the card game is an integral part of moving the story forward. To be completely frank, I skip through big chunks of the story in most VN's anyway. I'm here for the card game.

(What I'm trying to say is that if the card game is not an important/central part of the game, that might be an expectation you would want to correct as well.)

Last edited:

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I don't really care how linear it is at the moment, all I care about is that the card game is an integral part of moving the story forward. To be completely frank, I skip through big chunks of the story in most VN's anyway. I'm here for the card game.

(What I'm trying to say is that if the card game is not an important/central part of the game, that might be an expectation you would want to correct as well.)
It will be integral and frequent as the story gets into gear, but this first release is mostly about setting the story up and putting the pieces into play. It will make sense when you play it. The first release of Supermodel: Defenders of Desire will contain the exact same card game content as Supermodel: Snapshot, with me probably alternating a bit between VN and card focus in the updates to come.

For example, while the first release contains the same cards and matches that you're used to already, my plan is for the next release to focus on Blink and introduce her to the card game. This means new cards, new mechanics, new music, and new pictures. Some of the point of making Snapshot first was to get that part of the game out there first, allowing me to focus exclusively on the story after that until the first release of Supermodel was out.

Photography is a central part of the story (which you will see in this first release) and will take center stage in Michael's character arc. Expect a lot of fun matches and challenges as the game develops.

And for people who don't care about the card gameplay at all, there's a toggle in the preferences called "Pure VN Mode" that removes the card gameplay altogether. I want to give players options to play the game the way they want.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Mods: This is a brand new release branch that should not replace the separate game Supermodel Snapshot that this thread is about. I'm posting this as a courtesy to people following along until there is a new thread for Supermodel: Defenders of Desire. In short: Please don't put this release in the OP of this thread. Create a new thread. Feel free to link them if you want. Let me know if you need any additional info from me. I will not create the thread myself for reasons I have covered in the Long Live the Princess thread before, but I have no problem being available for anything that you might need for this release.

Supermodel Characters.jpg

Supermodel: Defenders of Desire - The First Release

Welcome to the world of Supermodel: Defenders of Desire.

Let's get the important things out of the way. You want the download links, so here they are. But while you're downloading, please read the text below the links. It's important.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

PC:
Mac:
Android (tablet only):

I'll be relatively brief in this post and write more on some of these topics later:

How to recognize that you have completed all available story in this version

When all available scenarios for all characters have a green checkmark, you're done. The "bonus match" card games are optional and don't unlock anything new, so you can skip them if you want. The official end of this version is marked with "To be continued".

Crowdfunding support

The lengthy development of this first version of Supermodel has taken its toll on the support I receive on Patreon and SubscribeStar. My income is now a fraction of what it was in the heyday of Long Live the Princess. That isn't sustainable.

If you have the means and you like what I've created, please consider supporting the project. It really matters. A $5 donation gets you access to new releases of the quality you see in this release, so it doesn't take much. And if you're already supporting me, thank you! I really appreciate it.

Expectations

If you've played Long Live the Princess before, you might be surprised that Supermodel isn't the same kind of game at all. I want to make that clear right at the beginning to manage your expectations. LLtP is an open-ended sandbox game with choices at every turn. Supermodel is a linear visual novel with an optional (but important) collectible card game component (no microtransactions, I promise).

Also, LLtP is a horny, comedic mystery-drama, while Supermodel is more of an erotic mystery-thriller. You won't find much nudity in this first version, as I want to take my time building suspense, but rest assured there will be explicit sex in the story sooner than you think. If you want to play something that will constantly stimulate you while you jerk off, Supermodel isn't really that. This is a serious story with an erotic core. The sex scenes are easy to replay once unlocked, but it takes time to get to them.

I ask you not to think of Supermodel as a spiritual successor to Long Live the Princess. Supermodel is a standalone game that doesn't try to follow in the footsteps of LLtP.

Finally, I'd like to clarify something to avoid future confusion: If you don't care at all about the collectible card game aspect of Supermodel, enable "Pure VN Mode" in the game's settings If you do, the game won't interrupt your VN experience with card games and will simply skip the chapters that focus on those. You don't have to love card games to enjoy Supermodel, but it helps.

I could write a lot more, but I'll keep myself in check for now.

Please enjoy this first look at Supermodel: Defenders of Desire. I'm proud of this game and I hope that shows.

Last edited:

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
DOWNLOAD LINKS

PC:
Mac:
Android (tablet only):
Warning for other people downloading. I was in too much of a hurry and clicked "I'm over 18" before putting in a birthday, so I guess it interpreted that as me not being over 18, and now the page won't even come up at all. :mad::mad::mad:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Mods: This is a brand new release branch that should not replace the separate game Supermodel Snapshot that this thread is about. I'm posting this as a courtesy to people following along until there is a new thread for Supermodel: Defenders of Desire. In short: Please don't put this release in the OP of this thread. Create a new thread. Feel free to link them if you want. Let me know if you need any additional info from me. I will not create the thread myself for reasons I have covered in the Long Live the Princess thread before, but I have no problem being available for anything that you might need for this release.

Supermodel: Defenders of Desire - The First Release

Welcome to the world of Supermodel: Defenders of Desire.

Let's get the important things out of the way. You want the download links, so here they are. But while you're downloading, please read the text below the links. It's important.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

PC:
Mac:
Android (tablet only):

I'll be relatively brief in this post and write more on some of these topics later:

How to recognize that you have completed all available story in this version

When all available scenarios for all characters have a green checkmark, you're done. The "bonus match" card games are optional and don't unlock anything new, so you can skip them if you want. The official end of this version is marked with "To be continued".

Crowdfunding support

The lengthy development of this first version of Supermodel has taken its toll on the support I receive on Patreon and SubscribeStar. My income is now a fraction of what it was in the heyday of Long Live the Princess. That isn't sustainable.

If you have the means and you like what I've created, please consider supporting the project. It really matters. A $5 donation gets you access to new releases of the quality you see in this release, so it doesn't take much. And if you're already supporting me, thank you! I really appreciate it.

Expectations

If you've played Long Live the Princess before, you might be surprised that Supermodel isn't the same kind of game at all. I want to make that clear right at the beginning to manage your expectations. LLtP is an open-ended sandbox game with choices at every turn. Supermodel is a linear visual novel with an optional (but important) collectible card game component (no microtransactions, I promise).

Also, LLtP is a horny, comedic mystery-drama, while Supermodel is more of an erotic mystery-thriller. You won't find much nudity in this first version, as I want to take my time building suspense, but rest assured there will be explicit sex in the story sooner than you think. If you want to play something that will constantly stimulate you while you jerk off, Supermodel isn't really that. This is a serious story with an erotic core. The sex scenes are easy to replay once unlocked, but it takes time to get to them.

I ask you not to think of Supermodel as a spiritual successor to Long Live the Princess. Supermodel is a standalone game that doesn't try to follow in the footsteps of LLtP.

Finally, I'd like to clarify something to avoid future confusion: If you don't care at all about the collectible card game aspect of Supermodel, enable "Pure VN Mode" in the game's settings If you do, the game won't interrupt your VN experience with card games and will simply skip the chapters that focus on those. You don't have to love card games to enjoy Supermodel, but it helps.

I could write a lot more, but I'll keep myself in check for now.

Please enjoy this first look at Supermodel: Defenders of Desire. I'm proud of this game and I hope that shows.
Need to post the Direct DL links and not copy paste the SS post as that doesn't work cause of the redirect ...

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Need to post the Direct DL links and not copy paste the SS post as that doesn't work cause of the redirect ...
Oh shit, I didn't notice. Thanks for letting me know. Fixed.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Warning for other people downloading. I was in too much of a hurry and clicked "I'm over 18" before putting in a birthday, so I guess it interpreted that as me not being over 18, and now the page won't even come up at all. :mad::mad::mad:
The links were wrong. Try again now.

Reactions: rb813

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I'd need an overview and the cover if possible.
I'll have to write something for that, don't I? I'm about to eat dinner, but I'll whip something up right after that.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
I'll have to write something for that, don't I? I'm about to eat dinner, but I'll whip something up right after that.
Well if its a Prequel of this game Game I can just make it as "Prequel to Supermodel Snapshot" or "Spinoff of Supermodel Snapshot". The thead is almost ready just need the Cover and overview and some tags.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Well if its a Prequel of this game Game I can just make it as "Prequel to Supermodel Snapshot" or "Spinoff of Supermodel Snapshot". The thead is almost ready just need the Cover and overview and links. But it seems Pixel is kinda slow atm.
It's nothing of the sort. Supermodel: DoD is a full VN while Snapshot is a card game. You'll get a story synopsis and cover image ASAP.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Bob69

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Well if its a Prequel of this game Game I can just make it as "Prequel to Supermodel Snapshot" or "Spinoff of Supermodel Snapshot". The thead is almost ready just need the Cover and overview and some tags.
Banner image:

Banner.jpg

Story synopsis:

The world is losing faith in its heroes. Once-celebrated protectors now find themselves facing growing suspicion and mistrust. Amid this turmoil, STALWART — a struggling superhero organization in New York City — fights to keep hope alive.

Michael Sharpe, a down-on-his-luck photographer, is given a rare chance at redemption when he's unexpectedly recruited by the enigmatic Anna Morgenstern, the leader of STALWART. His task seems simple: capture the essence of the superheroes and restore their image. But there's more to this job than meets the eye.

Anna sees something in Michael that even he doesn't understand. The more he delves deeper into the world of STALWART and its flawed but beautiful heroes, the more he begins to realize that his role in this story is far greater than he ever imagined.

But dark forces are at play, and someone — or something — is determined to stop him before he discovers the truth.

In a world where trust is a rare commodity and desire can be both a weapon and a weakness, you must navigate a web of intrigue, passion, and peril to find your place among the Defenders of Desire.

The game:

Supermodel: Defenders of Desire is an intricately crafted erotic thriller that takes a more nuanced, down-to-earth look at superheroes and their role in the world, centered around a profoundly erotic core. The game's story is part visual novel and part collectible card game with no microtransactions. For players only interested in the story, the card game aspect can be freely disabled.

Inspired by games like Steins;Gate and stories like Watchmen.

Reactions: Bob69

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Banner image:

View attachment 4016402

Story synopsis:

The world is losing faith in its heroes. Once-celebrated protectors now find themselves facing growing suspicion and mistrust. Amid this turmoil, STALWART — a struggling superhero organization in New York City — fights to keep hope alive.

Michael Sharpe, a down-on-his-luck photographer, is given a rare chance at redemption when he's unexpectedly recruited by the enigmatic Anna Morgenstern, the leader of STALWART. His task seems simple: capture the essence of the superheroes and restore their image. But there's more to this job than meets the eye.

Anna sees something in Michael that even he doesn't understand. The more he delves deeper into the world of STALWART and its flawed but beautiful heroes, the more he begins to realize that his role in this story is far greater than he ever imagined.

But dark forces are at play, and someone — or something — is determined to stop him before he discovers the truth.

In a world where trust is a rare commodity and desire can be both a weapon and a weakness, you must navigate a web of intrigue, passion, and peril to find your place among the Defenders of Desire.

The game:

Supermodel: Defenders of Desire is an intricately crafted erotic thriller that takes a more nuanced, down-to-earth look at superheroes and their role in the world, centered around a profoundly erotic core. The game's story is part visual novel and part collectible card game with no microtransactions. For players only interested in the story, the card game aspect can be freely disabled.

Inspired by games like Steins;Gate and stories like Watchmen.
https://f95zone.to/threads/supermodel-defenders-of-desire-v1-0-0-belle.224416/

Reactions: gojira667 and Belle

guidedbyvoices

Sep 12, 2024
Hello Belle, I have two questions:

-I can't get the difference between Supermodel: Defenders of Desire and Supermodel Snapshot, I'm trying to avoid spoilers because one might be better played before the other but because of that I'm not getting the difference. Which one should I try first? A quick description will work.

-For me Long live the princess alone deserves an AAA game tag price, I want to pay you for it at the very least as a one time payment even though for the time being I can't make it monthly because I'm on a limited budget. I can only find Patreon and Subscribestar as your payment methods, so for around 40 € / $45 would you prefer a shorter higher tier, or a longer lower tier subscription?

Thank you

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
-I can't get the difference between Supermodel: Defenders of Desire and Supermodel Snapshot, I'm trying to avoid spoilers because one might be better played before the other but because of that I'm not getting the difference. Which one should I try first? A quick description will work.
You don't have to worry about Supermodel Snapshot at this point unless the card game is the only thing you're interested in. Defenders of Desire contains the exact same stuff as Snapshot does but adds a bunch of polish and a story.

-For me Long live the princess alone deserves an AAA game tag price, I want to pay you for it at the very least as a one time payment even though for the time being I can't make it monthly because I'm on a limited budget. I can only find Patreon and Subscribestar as your payment methods, so for around 40 € / $45 would you prefer a shorter higher tier, or a longer lower tier subscription?
Thank you very much! That's kind of you. The $5 tier gives you the latest release, so that one is typically the safest bet unless you're looking for something specific on the upper tiers. I haven't fully decided how to handle the tiers for Supermodel yet, but $5 should at least get the basic game on day 1.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes