• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Abandoned Superpowered - DarkPhilosopher's Corner (Get Lucky here!)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Dorn

Aug 18, 2017
Im confused. I just installed the game and installed the mod but what does it do? The OP doesn't list any fucntionality?

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
hi love the mod. when can get mod for 0.21
According to the person who posted .21, it already works. Given the narrow scope changes in 0.20.90, I suspect only a file or two will need to be changed for full mod functionality.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
ok where is the mod for 20.90 ?
There isn't one. When I mentioned .20.90, I was talking about the changes in the base game, not the mod. More explicitly, the changes to the base game are confined to a handful of non-core files for the most part. I don't expect it will be a significant amount of work to make this mod fully functional with the new version.

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
21.00 came out a day after 20.90, I didn't actually get past unpacking/decrypting the files. I'm working on it now.

UPDATE: I will first port the mod's existing functionality. New content (including cheating the poly-power) should be added during the weekend.

UPDATE2: SLDR mod is done, starting on Get Lucky now.
UPDATE3: Okay, ports are done, tomorrow I'll start adding stuff to it.

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
It's in the 0.20.00 description. My advice is to just use SLDR-0.21.00-GETLUCKY.zip even if you keep Get Lucky turned off. It's the easiest one to install and the one I'll use going forward.

@Everybody:
Here's what I'm doing this weekend for the final/updated 0.21.00 version:
  • An overhaul of the powers cheat. Up until now, cheating a power gave you the power and the flaw, but not the skill bonus that came with it. I'm now changing the code to add the skill bonuses as well, thus making the power change identical as if you've bought it at Globex. To stay fair, that means your masturbation flaw will get worse with every power as well. Of course, I'm also adding the new power while I'm at it.
    It's done. However, the new power shouldn't be increased with the mod unless you manually set "transform_upgrade = True" in the console after every level, and also wait overnight between raising levels. I strongly suggest this is the one power you go out and buy at Globex.
  • Increase/Decrease the Natural Physical/Social/Mental attributes. The game sets a maximum of 5 for each of these, at which point you can no longer train them at the Initiative. You can now click on them in your profile screen to increase them up to 5, and right click should you wish to decrease them for whatever reason.
  • An overhaul of the skills cheat. I personally believe that cheating makes a game more fun, as long as it integrates into the game seamlessly. Setting skills to 100 may possibly make combat super-easy, but it also breaks game mechanics, probably more so in the future. The natural limit is 5 + bonuses from powers. So from now on, left-clicking on a skill will increment it by 1, all the way up to its natural limit, just like if you leveled up with XP. Your current XP is maintained until you reach the highest level, at which point it's set to 0 (just like the game would do normally). Right-clicking will decrease the value (and it's XP requirement) should you want that. For those that insist on having 100 in every skill, feel free to use the console.
    Who knows, by staying within the game's rules, Baal may one day choose to make this mod part of the game itself. Every game should have cheats built-in.
  • A new slider on the phone for Control. This way, once you have Mind Control, you can easily increase Control over all the girls in your phone.
  • Get Lucky: Added the burglar-scene for the neighborhood watch. On Kobayashi, you'll always get the female.
  • Get Lucky: After the neighborhood watch you won't oversleep on Kobayashi. After all, you're lucky enough, you never oversleep.

Reactions: Ttones and gestved

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Okay. So I activated cheats in the save menu. How do I actually raise my stats?
start a new game, there is a tutorial on how to use the cheats

but it's basically just clicking on the stats for you to raise them, and sliding the stats bars from girls at phone

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks, @gestved for answering.

I'm done for the weekend, I've done the above (still working on getting Poly fully implemented) and put in a little extra. Since combat may be a bit tougher without overpowered skills, you can open up the console and type "iddqd = True" to make combat .

I'll be uploading in a bit. Look for the files ending with -UPDATED.

Reactions: Ttones

DD0

Jan 13, 2018
Mod is not compatible with the most recent hotfix (21.01). It may work with saves made before the hotfix installation, I haven't tested that.

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
The mod contains the entire scripts.rpa, including the unaltered files. That means that the mod could function as a hotfix, but also that is is completely version-locked. So if you put the 0.21.00 mod on top of a 0.21.01 installation, it will simply revert back to 0.21.00. However, feel free to PM me the hotfix and I will mod it for you.

I simply don't have the money to support Baal for the next 12+ months on Patreon, as much as this game fills a niche I love to see more of. Even at 5 USD, it adds up.

DD0

Jan 13, 2018
The mod contains the entire scripts.rpa, including the unaltered files. That means that the mod could function as a hotfix, but also that is is completely version-locked. So if you put the 0.21.00 mod on top of a 0.21.01 installation, it will simply revert back to 0.21.00. However, feel free to PM me the hotfix and I will mod it for you.

I simply don't have the money to support Baal for the next 12+ months on Patreon, as much as this game fills a niche I love to see more of. Even at 5 USD, it adds up.
Done...I've sent the file. Good of you to take time to do that.

xWhiteNinjax

Jun 9, 2017
sorry for the question for a clean install... your description on the op-site is very clear and better than others here in the forum... but just for my understanding... is it realy enough to copy only the scripts.rpa inside a fresh installed game?

if it is so, it is a very impressing modding (similiar to the mod.txt inside BigBrother, but there is a .dll cracked - and needed, too)... so I am asking if the source is also to be copied in the game-dir of this game for a complete working

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes