Mod SuperPowered: SFC

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

dragoon93041

Jul 22, 2017
I looked at the thread. I don't think something is dead until a month of two of no-news. Not after a couple of weeks that could have been anything.

Reactions: chris18

Juggman

Jun 16, 2019
Can someone explain to me in detail how to actually install this? I use winrar and after I unzip it to look at the folder, there's only scripts.rpa and SFC_keys.rpy in the folder itself. And when I try to drag them to the game folder of Superpowered, it asks me if I want to replace the files in the destination and if I choose yes, then the game crashes every time I try to start it up. I saw the mod creator says "uncompress" in the SuperPowered/game/directory but I have no clue what that actually means.

dragoon93041

Jul 22, 2017
Crash upon running game:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing E:\Owner\Downloads\Comic\Deadpool\Jdownload\Patreon Folder\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc/game/SFC_Keys.rpy.
Exception: Could not load from archive chars/char_Agisha.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Owner\Downloads\Comic\Deadpool\Jdownload\Patreon Folder\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Owner\Downloads\Comic\Deadpool\Jdownload\Patreon Folder\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc\renpy\main.py", line 373, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "E:\Owner\Downloads\Comic\Deadpool\Jdownload\Patreon Folder\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc\renpy\script.py", line 271, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "E:\Owner\Downloads\Comic\Deadpool\Jdownload\Patreon Folder\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc\renpy\script.py", line 686, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Sat Jul 31 08:15:34 2021

Last edited:

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
Can someone explain to me in detail how to actually install this? I use winrar and after I unzip it to look at the folder, there's only scripts.rpa and SFC_keys.rpy in the folder itself. And when I try to drag them to the game folder of Superpowered, it asks me if I want to replace the files in the destination and if I choose yes, then the game crashes every time I try to start it up. I saw the mod creator says "uncompress" in the SuperPowered/game/directory but I have no clue what that actually means.
You have to unzip the archive in the SuperPowered/game directory

Juggman

Jun 16, 2019
You have to unzip the archive in the SuperPowered/game directory

While parsing C:\Users\owner\Desktop\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc - Copy/game/SFC_Keys.rpy.

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc - Copy\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc - Copy\renpy\main.py", line 373, in main
File "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc - Copy\renpy\script.py", line 271, in load_script
File "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc - Copy\renpy\script.py", line 686, in load_appropriate_file

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Sat Jul 31 13:09:32 2021

That's what happened when I tried.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
The game has an actual directory called 'game' - that is where the contents of the archive has to be placed in.

As of detailed and your actual question: I am way past my 50s and how to use an archive should be common knowledge by now for anyone younger than me. Of course you want to override the existing with the stuff from the archive - that is why it's called a mod. If you fear to harm your original installation you obviously made a backup before meddling with mods, right? ;)

dragoon93041

Jul 22, 2017

While parsing C:\Users\owner\Desktop\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc - Copy/game/SFC_Keys.rpy.

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc - Copy\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc - Copy\renpy\main.py", line 373, in main
File "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc - Copy\renpy\script.py", line 271, in load_script
File "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\SuperPowered_v0.44.00-pc - Copy\renpy\script.py", line 686, in load_appropriate_file

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Sat Jul 31 13:09:32 2021

That's what happened when I tried.
Same thing happened to me. Check the bottom links of Passion3d's post. There should be one for the mod and one for the game. Download both of them, then place the files in the game folder.

Last edited:

keuler

Nov 5, 2017
The game has an actual directory called 'game' - that is where the contents of the archive has to be placed in.

As of detailed and your actual question: I am way past my 50s and how to use an archive should be common knowledge by now for anyone younger than me. Of course you want to override the existing with the stuff from the archive - that is why it's called a mod. If you fear to harm your original installation you obviously made a backup before meddling with mods, right? ;)

Now is working for me Thanks :)

Juggman

Jun 16, 2019

Yes, I know that. I've put the entire archive in there and extracted it, and drag/dropped the rpa and rpy files by themselves, and made a folder to put them in and put the folder in the game directory. All of them have resulted in the same issue. And overriding the existing stuff is what seems to cause the crash, as it works fine before I do the one thing the instructions say to do.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes