Unity Abandoned SuperVerse City [v0.0.4] [WalrusTusk]

jgoff88

Jul 6, 2019
Can you get past the part after you get Kim’s underwear? Or is that where this version of the game ends? Love the concept of this game and art style (even though it could use improvement) hope to see new versions soon

walrustusk

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2019
Can you get past the part after you get Kim’s underwear? Or is that where this version of the game ends? Love the concept of this game and art style (even though it could use improvement) hope to see new versions soon
Appreciate it! Definitely spending this month working on reworking art.

You have to give kim's underwear to Raven, then she performs her ritual, and it ends with her ritual going awry and her being more attracted to the MC due to his "DNA" being unexpectedly added as an ingredient. (more on this in the patch after next)

Reactions: jgoff88
Aug 22, 2017
>Kim & Azula in one of the preview images
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh, and... Camp Pinewood is a lot better, maybe you can earn one or two things if you play that.
PD: I don't wanna change my answer even if the author posts that change art, the preview images are... insulting in a sort on a way (not hate, only disgusting).

Oct 2, 2018
I don't want to be too down on this because I like the idea and it's impressive just to have something that exists and actually runs, but every part of this feels very jank and very early.

Even just basic things like for some reason you have to click twice to open the map. Every time you change areas there's a two frame cut of the last place you were. Events repeat indefinitely, people are in two places at once, there's not a lot here and unfortunately what is here functions poorly.

I want this project to be good but I feel like no part of it is currently ready to be shown. It's one thing to have early rough art but I think you need to go back and work a lot on the scripting, navigation, highlighting, etc. The writing doesn't even do a good job of setting up the world or indicating what you should do.

Again, I'm trying not to be too down on this but it's hard when the basic things are barely functional. I would say to do the whole thing over in Ren'py and maybe that would at least make the basics of the gameplay easier to get right?

Reactions: walrustusk

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
I'm spending more time hunting where to click than I am actually playing. Some things highlight but many don't and make it a tedious "click everywhere" thing in every room. Events that should be one time only repeat if you click on whatever caused them again. Violet's info screen is a copy of Natasha's.

walrustusk

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2019
I'm spending more time hunting where to click than I am actually playing. Some things highlight but many don't and make it a tedious "click everywhere" thing in every room. Events that should be one time only repeat if you click on whatever caused them again. Violet's info screen is a copy of Natasha's.
Yeah my apologies for that, I partially implemented the highlighting of clicking targets for navigation as seen in a few areas but I didn't really want to delay much longer. It will be fixed next patch for sure.

walrustusk

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2019
I don't want to be too down on this because I like the idea and it's impressive just to have something that exists and actually runs, but every part of this feels very jank and very early.

Even just basic things like for some reason you have to click twice to open the map. Every time you change areas there's a two frame cut of the last place you were. Events repeat indefinitely, people are in two places at once, there's not a lot here and unfortunately what is here functions poorly.

I want this project to be good but I feel like no part of it is currently ready to be shown. It's one thing to have early rough art but I think you need to go back and work a lot on the scripting, navigation, highlighting, etc. The writing doesn't even do a good job of setting up the world or indicating what you should do.

Again, I'm trying not to be too down on this but it's hard when the basic things are barely functional. I would say to do the whole thing over in Ren'py and maybe that would at least make the basics of the gameplay easier to get right?
Yep it's very early. I'm a coder not really an artist, and since I'm doing it solo about 95% of my time is being spent on the "art" and learning it. I'd love nothing more than to polish those things. Regardless they'll be polished over time surely, it's mainly just an issue of having 1000 tasks and deciding what to sacrifice and what to prioritize. But rest assured I'm aware of all of these things and agree wholly. I'll be sticking to unity because I want to add a lot of custom functionality in the robust engine. Which will come once I get the luxury to start expanding mini games and mechanics.

walrustusk

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2019
Oh, and... Camp Pinewood is a lot better, maybe you can earn one or two things if you play that.
PD: I don't wanna change my answer even if the author posts that change art, the preview images are... insulting in a sort on a way (not hate, only disgusting).
Didn't get to redraw Kim or Azula yet unfortunately! But true lol.

As for Camp Pinewood, I've played it and I like it. I haven't even really been able to flesh out any gameplay or narrative thus far, but it will be handled a bit next patch.

walrustusk

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2019
In the Banner Azula, Violet, Kim, and Shego are old art. In the screenshots all of the art is old except for the 2nd image. (I'm redoing Black Widow at some point as well, She's easily been the hardest face/hair combo for me to do.

Reactions: baloneysammich

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019

gonna be honest here, i find the scenes on camp pinewood VERY disapointing, there's nothing besides a pretty picture, its not worth playing, just rip the images and you will have the same experience. for example, the MC reaction to getting a BJ is just him saying "ok", or "nice" or some other twitter-esque crap like that. hell, he doesnt even cum! and its not like im talking about animations or the sort, its just devoid of any soul. its kinda sad when a text only manages to make a scene much more interesting and enjoyable than a game with that art.

sorry for the rant, but i just feel like, unless you are talking about the art, that game is only good as an example of how NOT to make an ero game.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
Didn't get to redraw Kim or Azula yet unfortunately! But true lol.

As for Camp Pinewood, I've played it and I like it. I haven't even really been able to flesh out any gameplay or narrative thus far, but it will be handled a bit next patch.
if you want an idea of a game to make, look up "spider-man fucks the marvel universe", its an ok game, with bad(some even said stolen) art, but gonna be honest, it had very good scenes(again, not in the art but in the writting). it had grinding, but it never felt like it was overdoing it(unlike camp pinewood). the problem with that game is that, the guy behind it went with a very meh art(and possibly because he went with Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker, which, in hindsight, was something that might've worked much better if it was released a year or 2 later).

while i dont think you need to follow it to the letter, it should give you some ideas on story and how to setup events.

https://f95zone.to/threads/spider-man-fucks-the-marvel-universe-v0-2-weirdsea.8950/

Reactions: GuardianZ