RPGM Abandoned Survival on Amazonia [v0.5] [Noxurtica]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
1599786329010.png

Overview:
You get shipwrecked on an island, where you meet a beautiful woman and dangerous creatures.​

Thread Updated: 2020-12-20
Release Date: 2020-11-13
Developer: Noxurtica
Censored: No
Version: 0.5
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:
DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

sc1.png sc2.png sc3.png sc4.png scene1a.png scene4a.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MoPoRoNo

Apr 17, 2020
I was enticed with the great aesthetic of the hand-drawn art. But the game just tedious and doesn't let you go fast, unlike other RPG Maker titles. Even holding Shift + Z, one has to deal with text box fade-in, fade-out, and slow battle animations. Furthermore, the player character cannot sprint, and there is a lot of map traversal to do.

I had to deal with staring at coarse pixels for 40 minutes, in which I skipped most text and had a good idea of what to do after messing up one playthrough of choosing suboptimal stats, before seeing the handjob CG. An uninitiated playthrough might take 60 minutes to get to the first CG. Even then, the handjob scene kind of just happens. No foreplay, no atmosphere/music, short length, and the annoying text advance sound effect that needs an option to disable.

The RPG system looks fairly robust, but there isn't a point in magic because of limited EN and no quick means of restoration. For an easier time, focus ATK and AGI. ATK obviously to deal damage, and AGI to act quickly to kill enemies before they damage you (the battle uses a time-based system; high AGI can give multiple turns before an enemy acts). Secondary focus on DEF and LUK. MDEF rarely comes into play.

Random things:
Your starting background choices do affect your stats. Please tell us what they do in-game, so we don't have to find out afterwards.
Choose Squire, Knight, Yellow for an easier time.
Apprentice: EN +20
Squire: DEF +5
Student: MDEF +5

Knight: ATK +5
Craftsman: EN +20
Mage: MATK +5

Ring: MATK +5, and gain skill
Red: Burn (periodic damage). Party member Vitor has the appropriate magic (Oil) to assist in applying this effect.
Yellow: Stun (reduce DEF). Party member Melvin has the appropriate magic (Wet) to assist in applying this effect.
Blue: Freeze (reduce MDEF). Party member Melvin has the appropriate magic (Wet) to assist in applying this effect.

Last edited:

Chloraphorae

Jun 15, 2017
This looks like it has promise. Now just need to wait and see the direction it takes. I hope it's going to focus more on the "crafting" and [especially] the "beautiful woman" (here's hoping to change it to "womEn").

Reactions: Noxurtica

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Dude, you should probably finish the other games you're working on rather than start up a whole new project. It looks like you have 7 projects on here, 2 completed, 1 abandoned. You already started up a new project in April, and it's still on 0.1.

P.S. I feel like I've seen that character in another game before. Anyone know where it's from?

Doragor

Sep 9, 2018
huh
I tried the game and I'm stuck at the part you need to gather sticks for a campfire (after the shelter)
There's only 3 areas to explore and I looted pretty much everything... is the spawn RNG and I got dealt a crap hand?

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes