Neorandomperv

May 19, 2018
I'm no expert, but I think typoes and missing variables are a challenge.

The code looks for spriggan_char.memory, but that isn't defined.

Looks like the line is defined at 656 $ spriggan_char.memory=0-1. Not sure what it's SUPPOSED to be tho.

I manually set $ spriggan_char.memory and it worked. Allowed me into the Dorm. Going to keep looking
i tried manually setting it to 0 1 and 2, dorm still wont work no matter what, what does your line look like now?

Jul 16, 2017
Hope someone knows how to fix this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Getting the same error here, it's impossible to interact with Viscountess. This just goes to show that they do literally 0 playtesting. I'll never understand developers being so confident in freehanding code that they don't even give the game a basic pass-over before releasing it.

ded inside

Jan 3, 2019
Getting the same error here, it's impossible to interact with Viscountess. This just goes to show that they do literally 0 playtesting. I'll never understand developers being so confident in freehanding code that they don't even give the game a basic pass-over before releasing it.
I played several releases of this game and tried other games from this developer and everywhere the same problem - many bugs that often break the game. The developer seems to fix them, but new ones appear with each release.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I corrected the typo relating to the GetStat(3) or whatever in the script...but I think honestly using the console to do what Füßelieber did would be the easier way to do it for now.

All that error actually was, was just a capitalization issue. Since the dev doesn't archive everything, it's easy to just go into Notepad+ and search for the specific naughty line and correct it.

i tried manually setting it to 0 1 and 2, dorm still wont work no matter what, what does your line look like now?
I set it to 0 in console. I think the issue is that in the spriggan.rpy file the code is incorrect, but not sure what it's supposed to be. Setting it to 0 there should work too.

Should be this:
$ spriggan_char.memory=0-1

Not sure if that's correct code, but I think you can set that to just 0 there and it SHOULD work.

Any time you edit the .rpy, delete the .rpc so it doesn't confuse things. It will create a new .rpc upon launch anyway.

As for...
I am not entirely sure. My save bugged out and I can't advance to get the Viscountess. I have to find and talk to Flor, but she disappeared. Also I can't give Spriggan civilian clothes. Probably just going to start a new save and see if I can bypass that.

Anyway, it looks like it's an error relating to a viscountess_char variable not defined or a typo.

Dev REALLY needs to get someone to proofread the code before it gets released into the wild.

I haven't gotten to Viscountess yet, so hadn't dug into her script yet.

However I am going to test a fix anyway with correcting the spriggan memory...and possibly upload it here.

***Edit***

I am starting a new run...and found yet another typo.

In flor.rpy, at line 783, the code has this: if flor_date.date_1==0:

It SHOULD be: if flor_char.date_1==0:

I think...Testing.

Yep.

Seriously...So many simple code errors... Ok. You can edit that line and delete the rpc to make sure it takes effect. I am going to continue looking for these code fixes and note them.

***Edit 2***

Ok. I am at a loss for the Viscountess stuff. It looks like the script is calling the wrong rpy...

Trying to understand how this is all laid out. When you click on Viscountess, the script calls code in girl.rpy. This is the "hub" where you choose talk, train, etc. I need to figure out what is wrong here. It's likely a typo, but unsure.

Ok. Checked several other character rpy files. It looks like the issue is related to the girl hub and the viscountess.rpy. It's missing some code...and not sure what to do to fix it...

Each character has some things defined. "AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute 'prefix'"

Prefix exists in other characters...but not Viscountess. That's why the error happens. WIll study this a bit more.

Ok. Not sure how to fix it just yet...but you CAN manually set viscountess_char.talk. -1 is default and it never adds plus the prefix code is missing from viscountess. So not sure if I can fix it without trying to understand the code even more.

***Edit 3***

Hard to tell for sure, but it looks like code for Viscountess is just not there yet. Basically dev added character but didn't really match it up with existing characters. I could be wrong, but basically all her content is just talking. There's no real training for her yet, I guess. *shrug*

Still losing my mind trying to figure this out anyway. Besides Flor is still missing. I need to figure out how to continue the main quest if I can't find her.

Last edited:

DracZ

Feb 28, 2020
I corrected the typo relating to the GetStat(3) or whatever in the script...but I think honestly using the console to do what Füßelieber did would be the easier way to do it for now.

Still losing my mind trying to figure this out anyway. Besides Flor is still missing. I need to figure out how to continue the main quest if I can't find her.
Same Issue, I'm pretty sure it has to do with her being pregnant, same thing with Trophy wife, once pregnant she just disappeared.

Odd thing is: if you send either of them to the dungeon, eg after an argument between 2 girls (easiest trigger sems to be watching someone shower), then you can interact with them there, however the actions are limited to those of the dungeon.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Same Issue, I'm pretty sure it has to do with her being pregnant, same thing with Trophy wife, once pregnant she just disappeared.

Odd thing is: if you send either of them to the dungeon, eg after an argument between 2 girls (easiest trigger sems to be watching someone shower), then you can interact with them there, however the actions are limited to those of the dungeon.
That's a theory. Might just not push the pregnancy...or just use the console and change the pregnancy to 0. (flor_char.preg = 0) I ended up just using the console to advance the quest 1 stage (flor_char.quest)

Tho there are numerous other bugs with pregnancy too. When they come up to you and say they feel sick, it throws a ton of errors because it can't call specific images. Either they don't exist, or it's coded wrong. Doesn't seem to matter if you hit ignore tho.

Chase0074

May 23, 2020

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
Sway-0.4.0-pc-unofficial-hotfix2
* fix autodidact uncaught exception. now you can get your daily free XP. (thanks ShadowedKnight50)
* fix releasing girl from dungeon uncaught exception.
* (untested) fix trophywife (thanks LokiSalmon)

Ok. that is a prtty funny derp there.
When you release a girl from the dungeon the game executes two lines:
line 1: set dungeon girl to 0 (aka nobody)
line 2: have [nickname of dungeon girl] thank you for letting her out.

This causes an uncaught exception because 0 does not have a nickname value.
The solution is to invert line 1 and 2. first have her say thank you and then release her from the dungeon.
of for fucks sake.
dev released a new version... which is missing at least one of those fixes.
so someone needs to redo the unofficial hotfix AGAIN.
... fucking hell I am not doing this anymore.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Berserkr69

Sep 25, 2018
Its line 371 of viscountess.rpy, it reads $ girl_current=viscountess
but should read $ girl_current=viscountess_char

Incase this doesn't get fixed in next update;
That's the line underneath "label viscountess_hub:" which is why it is braking her entirely.
girl.rpy needs girl_current to be in the form "something"_char and at the time of the error it is just set to "viscountess" so it is then trying to load viscountess.talk instead of viscountess_char.talk

Last edited:
Reactions: ded inside

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
OK I think I know where the bug issues is, if you go from your base bedroom and walk to the base cell room, you seem to be ok, but if you go from your base cell room and try to walk back to your base bedroom, you get stuck in the shower room and it pops up this error. Plus as you can see in the screen shot, I have her already in my base but when you try to talk to her, she pops up a error too. 1709547573336.png

Nov 1, 2019
OK I think I know where the bug issues is, if you go from your base bedroom and walk to the base cell room, you seem to be ok, but if you go from your base cell room and try to walk back to your base bedroom, you get stuck in the shower room and it pops up this error. Plus as you can see in the screen shot, I have her already in my base but when you try to talk to her, she pops up a error too.
For the viscountess bug, find the corresponding label in viscountess.rpy and use this code instead:
Code:
label viscountess_hub:
    $ girl_current=viscountess_char
    call draw_girl(viscountess_char,"happy") from _call_draw_girl_45
    call screen girl_hub()

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote