VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 128 Votes

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I am more a star trek fan myself but I have to admit you have done good padawan. the only thing I did not like is that you can only chose one or the other lady's I prefer to catch them all myself l.o.l. Will you please add a harem route onto the game ?
Highly unlikely. It's just not Mortze's style.

keroro22

May 29, 2017
Somehow missed this on release day, but luckily enough to check on tora patreon page..
What a wonderful game!!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: DougTheC

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Ooh, Mortze then actually qualifies (I was quite amazed he's got less than 1000 patrons, though I guess patron count varies wildly with releases)
In our heyday, when I was writing everything and we were releasing two story episodes every month, we still never got over 600 patrons.

Tlaero

Reactions: Th3DR4KE

Gambino Games

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
I don't like the SW universe, but this game is really cool!
Perfect renders and interesting story (y)
Keep it up!

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
Everything is nice except the MC's weak personality, I despise protagonists with tiny balls but oh well...

Lucifer

Aug 22, 2016
I'm sincerely interested on why do people think MC's personality is weak.
I was wondering about that too, I thought the same about a few Tora's games, but in this one in particular, I thought exactly the opposite.

If I were to guess, I'd say that a (weird) kind of weakness may be suggested by the fact that Kaylan doesn't take the lead (and that's not even true), and from the fact that he's sexually unexperienced. The same happened in Pandora, where the women were taking the lead because of the sexual inexperience of the protagonist.

I thing that in the next few episodes of this game, both things will deeply change.

Moskyx, I've played also the spanish version of the game, and you made an excellent job! Thank you!

Reactions: Dripping and moskyx

constantine

Jul 1, 2017
I'm sincerely interested on why do people think MC's personality is weak.
Well, for me there is one moment that I thought made the MC come across as having a weak personality. Kaylan (MC) asks Drea for her to hire him personally, rather than having him employed by her company. She says he'll have to impress her with his work for that to happen. So what does he do? He makes cereal! I get it it, he doesn't want to screw up, and he has no recipes, but it would have been better for him to show more of an effort, especially since he's trying to impress her. Instead, he makes the easiest thing he could possibly do. He could've challenged himself, show some resourcefulness, and not be afraid of messing up. And even if he does mess up, at least he tried to impress her (and maybe he'll learn from his mistakes).

It would've been better, I think, to let the player decide what the MC cooks. You want MC to impress Drea? You can choose to cook something more challlenging and risky. Or, you can choose to play it safe and make cereal if you prefer. That would at least allow the player to define Kaylan's personality a bit for themselves.

But I also understand that MC is young and naive, so it gives him room to grow and learn. Yet, I can only judge the character as he is now, not what he might potentially become later. Regardless, I still think the game is great, mostly because I'm invested more in the female characters anyways, so the MC's weaknesses didn't really hinder my enjoyment of the game.

Reactions: Lucifer

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Well, for me there is one moment that I thought made the MC come across as having a weak personality. Kaylan (MC) asks Drea for her to hire him personally, rather than having him employed by her company. She says he'll have to impress her with his work for that to happen. So what does he do? He makes cereal! I get it it, he doesn't want to screw up, and he has no recipes, but it would have been better for him to show more of an effort, especially since he's trying to impress her. Instead, he makes the easiest thing he could possibly do. He could've challenged himself, show some resourcefulness, and not be afraid of messing up. And even if he does mess up, at least he tried to impress her (and maybe he'll learn from his mistakes).

It would've been better, I think, to let the player decide what the MC cooks. You want MC to impress Drea? You can choose to cook something more challlenging and risky. Or, you can choose to play it safe and make cereal if you prefer. That would at least allow the player to define Kaylan's personality a bit for themselves.

But I also understand that MC is young and naive, so it gives him room to grow and learn. Yet, I can only judge the character as he is now, not what he might potentially become later. Regardless, I still think the game is great, mostly because I'm invested more in the female characters anyways, so the MC's weaknesses didn't really hinder my enjoyment of the game.
Well, honestly I didn't expect that, kudos for you (y)

Reactions: constantine

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I am more a star trek fan myself but I have to admit you have done good padawan. the only thing I did not like is that you can only chose one or the other lady's I prefer to catch them all myself l.o.l. Will you please add a harem route onto the game ?
None of their stuff has ever had a harem in, it's all romance based relationships.

Not likely to change.

durgadas

Mar 21, 2018
Fucking hell this was well written. Tonally perfect with the innocence and stoic aspects of the Jedi on the one side, balanced with the chaos of the criminal elements and the smugglers and refugees all mixed in, plus the quiet, slow methodical menace of The Empire. Beautifully written.

Weltmeister

Jan 22, 2018
Well, I played it yesterday and even though I'm not a fan of the Star Wars franchise (shame on me), I really liked this sexual explicit view of the Star Wars world.
Now I don't know wether I should hope that Mortzes next game will be part II of this thing or the next Pandora installment.
Mortze, what are your future plans?

4.60 star(s) 128 Votes