VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes

Bullfye

Feb 8, 2019
There are games that release an episode that takes 10-15 minutes to play. I would understand your frustration if those games never continued.

This one takes 3 hours.

It's hardly a flash in the pan, "He threw something together and then disappeared." It's longer than any of the Star Wars movies, which are also called "Episodes" and, each of which, took longer than 4 months to create. When the sequel to whichever one you saw first wasn't released in a few months, I would hope you didn't assume there wouldn't be any more.

You also said that anyone can make a game now, but how many developers do you know who have made more than 7 full games, like Mortze has?

Tlaero
When I said Looks like anyone can make a game now , I said in the context that there are lots of games started and never even developed from the stage one release...
Like I said also , I am not complaining ...Just saw somewhere here that the Dev or creator would not continue the project or game and even that was involved in some other projects ..
That is why I have posted ...First cause saw no point in releasing a game that is part of a story and that supposedly was not to be finished ever..That is why I have posted ..

I do regret some games I have downloaded that in fact were very nice graphicly and immersive storytelling to just in the end see them abandoned..
But like I said .. Not complaining just stating my opinion on the all subject not only this one game...

I don't know who said that no more episodes will be done for this game but they're wrong. I plan to continue the story. If it depends solely on me there will be other episodes!
I think I've said that several times already.
Well its some posts before ... Someone just said that you would not continue this game and that you were involved in some other projects "games" already...

But hey ..It was meant to be an opinion Bud not a Negative critic at all...Just a general opinion on so many games started and abandoned before even finish the prologue..

Thanks for the reply and for this episode you have a Fan ..That is me..

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
When I said Looks like anyone can make a game now , I said in the context that there are lots of games started and never even developed from the stage one release...
Like I said also , I am not complaining ...Just saw somewhere here that the Dev or creator would not continue the project or game and even that was involved in some other projects ..
That is why I have posted ...First cause saw no point in releasing a game that is part of a story and that supposedly was not to be finished ever..That is why I have posted ..

I do regret some games I have downloaded that in fact were very nice graphicly and immersive storytelling to just in the end see them abandoned..
But like I said .. Not complaining just stating my opinion on the all subject not only this one game...

Well its some posts before ... Someone just said that you would not continue this game and that you were involved in some other projects "games" already...

But hey ..It was meant to be an opinion Bud not a Negative critic at all...Just a general opinion on so many games started and abandoned before even finish the prologue..

Thanks for the reply and for this episode you have a Fan ..That is me..
Thing is that you took time to make a long post that will be read by many people and forming the opinions of many other people. There's nothing wrong with that save for the fact that you jumped to a conclusion (that I wouldn't continue the story) and make a bad review or critic on that assumption - which may mislead many others. I have already said several times in this threat that it is my plan to continue the story. One should read all the posts (specially the ones by the game dev - me) before believing some random post by someone else that says the game is abandoned. At the very least one should ask the dev if said post is correct and only after the dev speaking his mind then form a proper educated and informed critic (either good or bad, but informed!).

This reflects so many problems happening in the world with people making up their minds based on a post or comment without verifying the info, or the informant sources first. I don't wish that to happen here in this thread nor in any other on this site.

I am here daily, I am on discord daily, I even have an email mortzeart@gmail.com. If you want an information about this or other games I've made, please ask me.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Mortze, I have questions about where you were able to find all the great SW assets. You game fits right in with the extended universe as far as looks are concerned.

This game could really use a fan art / assets thread to kick us all into SW mode.

Bullfye

Feb 8, 2019
Thing is that you took time to make a long post that will be read by many people and forming the opinions of many other people. There's nothing wrong with that save for the fact that you jumped to a conclusion (that I wouldn't continue the story) and make a bad review or critic on that assumption -
No no no no... I didn't said nothing bad about the game at all or made any negative or positive review on it at all..I talked about game ending Based on a post that I will find and post for you here that was saying that this was a complete game and that no other would be done following this one..

I gave my opinion on that not on the game itself...Anyone is free to twist my words the way they want..I have no control on that , and with the days we are living at the moment people tend to twist everything the way they want...

Well I will search and post the reply and post that made me believe that ..

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
Mortze, I have questions about where you were able to find all the great SW assets. You game fits right in with the extended universe as far as looks are concerned.

This game could really use a fan art / assets thread to kick us all into SW mode.
There's so much different places. You've got to ask me specifics.

Reactions: Ghostly

wulfie1974

Jul 31, 2018
Great game. As a fan of SW, i found it had all the "feeling " of the Universe.
On top of that, great renders and nice looking scenes.
I am not a radical fan, that hates or loves everything that doesn't fit their own ideia of a Universe written by hundreds of people , so i can look into it with the distance that lets me enjoy it.
Would love to know about new Episodes , an will surely back Mortze up on Patreon.

GusGlans

Jun 20, 2017
Congratulations Mortze. A great game, good storyline, better than some of the SW spin-offs, prequels and sequels

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
I am so happy after discovering this one, in the past there have been quite bumps with mortzeart, with tlaero leaving it was very uncertain what future would bring and it seemed the characteristic games I came to love would be no more, but playing this (2 months late) I see a very bright future, the renders and quality are at an all time best, now in renpy, I so cherish that mortzeart feel this game gives, more than an empty sex game shell, and as Mortze has developed it completely on his own that spells certainty of great games to come in future.

ah just it has left me wanting more, no not just more, much much more, more so as Kleio was the one my eyes were on from the start, it is going to be a painful wait for me now that I am aware of this game...

jpatog

Mar 17, 2018
I just wish that george lucas and disney had put as much care and dedication in their SW films as there are in this game. Can't wait for the next episodes. Great work, Mortze

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
I also want to say that you have done an excellent job of introducing the Start Wars universe to a total stranger, Mortze, I never watched any start wars movie or comic etc, just never got around to it and was a(am) total stranger to it and didn't know a single thing about star wars, but the way you introduce the world was so effortless to get into and now I have got a pretty good idea of star wars universe myself. I don't feel like that I am missing large chunks of knowledge, history in order to enjoy this game, you did an excellent job of introducing it, as I am sure you are a big fan of star wars yourself, since the craze the pandora protagonist also had for Star wars.

Reactions: Kondorito

Soulshade84

Jan 3, 2019
A very good game, especially in the context of star wars, you should have thought about it. I'm a big fan of the series and I think episode 1 really surprised me, honestly I enjoyed playing it and I think it's really well done. I'm really looking forward to playing the second part! I love this game and the effort that went into creating this game is totally felt when you play it.

Reactions: yandex

Doni94

Dec 29, 2018
I discovered the Game now, It´s fantastic !!! Will there be other chapters in the future ?

knighterrant

May 21, 2020
Great work Mortze, I've been a fan of your games for a long time. Your art and character design is amazing.

I love the characters in this, particularly Drea. In my playthrough with Drea, the sex scene was quite short and left her unfulfilled. Is there a better version of this scene that I missed? It would be sad that if the MC is much more able to satisfy Jiljoo than Drea.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I love the characters in this, particularly Drea. In my playthrough with Drea, the sex scene was quite short and left her unfulfilled. Is there a better version of this scene that I missed? It would be sad that if the MC is much more able to satisfy Jiljoo than Drea.
scene with drea is quite quick scene so no.

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes