VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 129 Votes

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Mortze mastered the Ren'Py engine making Warrior's Heart. He has now perfected those skills making Toro 7. With Tlaero's brilliant story telling and Mortze's glorious renders and Ren'Py skills, Toro 7 is their finest AVN to date.
To be clear, I'm the programmer. If Mortze did another SW game, I'd definitely help him with the code, though.

Tlaero and Mortze have seven completed titles together
Not to be pedantic, but Toro 7 is our 11th game together. The ten we've completed are:
Dreaming with Elsa
Redemption for Jessika
Finding Miranda
Saving Chloe
Darkness Falls
Elsa's Nightmares
Elsaverse: Transitions
Chasing Beth

Coming to Grips with Christine
Life Changes for Keeley

(Okay, I'm being pedantic :) )
Tlaero

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
To be clear, I'm the programmer. If Mortze did another SW game, I'd definitely help him with the code, though.

Not to be pedantic, but Toro 7 is our 11th game together. The ten we've completed are:
Dreaming with Elsa
Redemption for Jessika
Finding Miranda
Saving Chloe
Darkness Falls
Elsa's Nightmares
Elsaverse: Transitions
Chasing Beth

Coming to Grips with Christine
Life Changes for Keeley

(Okay, I'm being pedantic :) )
Tlaero
No worries, dear friend. I thought my count looked short... Seemed like I had more the last time I had made this same point... All you did was make my argument stronger than it was... details matter.:devilish:
more [completed titles] than any other two or three devs I could name combined
Much love and continued success :love: Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
That is incorrect. Tlaero and Mortze have seven completed titles together, more than any other two or three devs I could name combined. Mortze has another two completed titles in Pandora and Warrior's Heart. I am unaware of any project that either dev has started that wasn't completed. Ep1 is a completed title and plays as a stand alone AVN. Was it intended to be the first episode of a trilogy, yes. However, this SW parody was something Mortze did mainly to occupy his time after Tlaero had retired. Retirement did not suit Tlaero particularly well (as one who retired due to disabilities over a decade ago can attest, it is f:censored:ing BORING!!!) and when she returned to create AVN's once again with a marvelously brilliant story, Mortze came back to work with her again. Their current WIP project, Toro 7, is rather spectacular, quite possibly the best work this dynamic duo has ever created. THAT is why Eps 2&3 of the SW parody have been delayed indefinitely.

I mourn this choice with all of the rest of my fellow fans who desperately want to see the completion of this trilogy. I said as much in my recent post on the Tora Productions Discord section for this title/trilogy. It is possible that we may never see the completion of this trilogy. That breaks my heart as I want to see the completion of this story as well. However, this is NOT a case of poor management. This is a case of Mortze being exceedingly bored after the retirement of his long time development partner, Tlaero, and him branching out on his own to create a story he both wrote and rendered. Warrior's Heart is the result. If Tlaero had not grown bored of retirement and decided to come back to work, we might likely already have the completion of the trilogy. However, we would be missing out on the genius story and superior renderings of Toro 7 which is as intricately woven as it is fabulously rendered. Mortze mastered the Ren'Py engine making Warrior's Heart. He has now perfected those skills making Toro 7. With Tlaero's brilliant story telling and Mortze's glorious renders and Ren'Py skills, Toro 7 is their finest AVN to date. I am still hopeful that Mortze will return to this trilogy project. He hasn't counted it out as impossible, just not a priority at this time... so... we wait... and, hope... ;)(y)
Thank you for your support!
Just a clarification. Renpy's skills is all Tlaero, not me. I did have to learn Renpy to make TWH but since then it has been Tlaero the one who has been working with Renpy resulting in me getting out of shape with it and Tlaero mastering it so that Toro7 is way more solid code-wise than I could ever hope do.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Just a clarification. Renpy's skills is all Tlaero, not me. I did have to learn Renpy to make TWH but since then it has been Tlaero the one who has been working with Renpy resulting in me getting out of shape with it and Tlaero mastering it so that Toro7 is way more solid code-wise than I could ever hope do.
Therein lies the solution to how Tora Productions can work together to finish your SW masterpiece, Mortze my friend!

I know you have a lot of Toro 7 yet to go but there are a lot of us out here that would love to see the conclusion of this epic saga, even if it is five or eight years from now. Tlaero acts like there is nothing she can do if/when you take time to finish this saga... Now I know better.

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Tlaero acts like there is nothing she can do if/when you take time to finish this saga... Now I know better.
The programming is the least time consuming and easiest part of making these games. The hard parts are the writing and image creation. On games we do together, I write the script first, then Mortze uses that script to make images, then I write the code to bring them together. On Mortze's games, he writes the script and makes the images. Sure, I'd write the code for him, but that wouldn't change the situation.

What you're really suggesting is for me to write the script and have Mortze create the images. These would not be the games you're looking for. They would be my story, not Mortze's, and what you liked about the first game was as much his story as his art.

Tlaero

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The programming is the least time consuming and easiest part of making these games. The hard parts are the writing and image creation. On games we do together, I write the script first, then Mortze uses that script to make images, then I write the code to bring them together. On Mortze's games, he writes the script and makes the images. Sure, I'd write the code for him, but that wouldn't change the situation.

What you're really suggesting is for me to write the script and have Mortze create the images. These would not be the games you're looking for. They would be my story, not Mortze's, and what you liked about the first game was as much his story as his art.

Tlaero
No... NOT suggesting you write it. Editing and Ren'Py, sure. Going to STFU now before I say something I'll regret. Just getting tired of you shooting down every suggestion that Morze finish what he started.:cry::censored:

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
No... NOT suggesting you write it. Editing and Ren'Py, sure. Going to STFU now before I say something I'll regret. Just getting tired of you shooting down every suggestion that Morze finish what he started.:cry::censored:
Tlaero isn't shutting down anything. If I were to resume working on it tomorrow Tlaero would be my number one supporter and would be immediately at the ready for any help I would need of her, script, character-progression or coding-wise.
Please cut her some slack.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
You're shooting the messenger. I'm not the reason Mortze is working on other things.

Tlaero
Such drama... Get a grip. Your lecturing has no effect on my opinions. I am a free thinking individual.
"shooting the messenger..." If I were shooting you would know. I am an expert marksman IRL, I do not miss.
Shooting the messenger... SMH

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
is this ever going to be continued? I know it's abandoned by the looks of it, but I don't know any background
At this point it is doubtful it will ever be continued. The comments and concerns you see here are from fans who were impressed and enthused over the first chapter. Some are frustrated at the fact it has been 'placed on indefinite hold.'
However, it appears Mortze got 'burned out' during its creation as it was not his usual collaboration with Tlaero as he reported working on it was 'not productive' (IE 'fun for him') and he seemed to be glad to put the project down.
This is sad news for us but we must realize that individual creators like Mortze, Tlaero and the one I work with, Xavster, are doing this mainly for the personal enjoyment they get out of creating their stories. . .it sure can't be for the money...especially from us on F95 who benefit far more than we support them. We should gratefully thank them for what they manage to accomplish...especially if they finish a work, even to a specific point, rather than just drop it in the middle as I've seen so many do. Mortze was very 'pro' to do that. I too was excited by the story's beginning and even volunteered my services if it would help reignite the spark, however, that aside, it is all Mortze's decision and what's best for him is what happens.

So the short answer is, no. What you see is what you get, all you get. Let us not complain. Let us enjoy and be thankful.

And if you want anything more, check out their new underwater mystery, TORO-7

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
is this ever going to be continued? I know it's abandoned by the looks of it, but I don't know any background
yes, maybe, no. same options as before. only who can answer to that is dev (mortze) and even dev can't give answer.

Oct 7, 2020
hey,
just wanna say, i´d loved your work. even if it never will be continued, thank you for your and tlaeros work on this one

4.60 star(s) 129 Votes