elle21

Jul 22, 2019
Guys what that WKND means in that hint?? I tried several time open that door but nothing changed

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
OH thank you, now I wonder why the dev not use week lol
That's because levels 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (Weekdays) were implemented before we started implementing the weekend content.

And, I really didn't want to go back through all the earlier content to adjust all of that.
(It's not just the diary pages, also the galleries, texts, and even the normal events themself.)

And, that's why we settled on just naming the weekend events, like that. :)

Reactions: elle21

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Sneak-Peek #3 for update 0.8.9
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
#sneak-peeks

Roadmap for update 0.8.9
Roadmap on

New Discord!

:) Feel free to join! :)

Release Dates 0.8.9 (In development):

Tier 3 - August 31st (official)
Tier 2 Patrons
- September 7th
Tier 1 Patrons / Public - September 14th

FillintheBlank

Nov 15, 2021
is there a way to get 0.8.7 files only? apparently i missed an update and it would be a pain in the ass to re-DL the whole thing for one small update haha

Curium255

Dec 5, 2019
is there a way to get 0.8.7 files only? apparently i missed an update and it would be a pain in the ass to re-DL the whole thing for one small update haha
In the quote below expand the Download links and then go to update patch. I think it is what you are looking for. I just had to track it down yesterday because I realized I had missed it. I went through pages looking for posts in mid-July to find it since that is when it came out.

Sweet Affection Update 0.8.7

Reactions: BloodyFace

elle21

Jul 22, 2019
Now that I finish to tried this game I have to say I really loved all the girls story, it was fun and enjoyable to develop romantic feel to the girls for once instead to jump fuck in 2 mins, just 1 thing I found boring is the phone texts, but overall it's really nice game, good job dev and ty for your efforts (y)ps the Laura and Gina story makes my heart melt coz 1 of my friend live the same situation and I could related

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: J..D

Dansiman

Nov 4, 2021
Our game has become too big to work properly on most Android devices. (Causing being stuck on the install screen.)
We are looking into finding a solution for that, but, unfortunately we haven't been able to do so thus far.
I had an idea on this the other day. I don't know whether or not it would actually work, but maybe...

For apps in the Play Store, if you have it already installed and there's an updated version available, the Play Store will provide you with a much smaller APK file that just patches in the changes between your installed version and the new version.

I wonder if you could make 2 APKs - one having all of the executable code and then as much of the graphical resources as will fit in under the 2GB threshold, and then a second "update" APK with the rest of the graphics resources? In this setup, the first APK wouldn't actually provide you with a working game, you'd have to install #1, then #2, but maybe that's a way to get around the issue with being unable to install APKs larger than 2GB?

Dansiman

Nov 4, 2021
- Room items that are in M&S their room, that change each level.
Just remembered: in S' room, at level 8, clicking on Mr. Bun doesn't seem to be working properly. I just get a brief fade to black and then back to the overhead view. Haven't installed 0.8.7 yet but it definitely happened in 0.8.6, and I think it's been that way ever since reaching level 8.

Dansiman

Nov 4, 2021
The Android version is already compressed as much as possible.
(Down from 25+ GB to 3.2 GB)

Compressing it even further will cause this game to be pixelated and basically destroy all our hard work.
And, obviously we are not going to do that.
I've put too much hard work and passion in Sweet Affection to see it destroyed like that.

Luckily, the modders/compressers on this website are very kind and understand that no developer wants to see his work destroyed like that.
(And, we wouldn't accept that either.)
I don't know if you're already using this method or not, but there is a different way to compress images that can further reduce their file size without noticably impacting the visual quality. You can reduce the number of unique colors used in the image, using a pallette optimizer. It'll analyze the image to figure out where subtle color variations are important to preserve, and where they are not. For example, using your example image here, the painted wall, other than the pixels adjacent to M, the bed, the plant, and the baseboard, could be reduced to a single color without any apparent loss of quality to the image. This is a compression method that's commonly applied to images used on websites to reduce their size, in order to speed up page loading times. It does require the use of a separate utility to operate on the image files after they've been created with your original program, because it's not part of the JPEG compression algorithms, but if this isn't something you're already doing, it might be worth looking into, to see if it can produce a significant reduction in file size while still maintaining the level of quality desired.

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I had an idea on this the other day. I don't know whether or not it would actually work, but maybe...

For apps in the Play Store, if you have it already installed and there's an updated version available, the Play Store will provide you with a much smaller APK file that just patches in the changes between your installed version and the new version.

I wonder if you could make 2 APKs - one having all of the executable code and then as much of the graphical resources as will fit in under the 2GB threshold, and then a second "update" APK with the rest of the graphics resources? In this setup, the first APK wouldn't actually provide you with a working game, you'd have to install #1, then #2, but maybe that's a way to get around the issue with being unable to install APKs larger than 2GB?
Making it under 2 GB is impossible.
At least, not without completely destroying the art.
(Keep in mind, it's already compressed down from around 25GB)

We have some ideas regarding our APK, but we don't have the resources or knowledge to execute them, now.
I'm still searching for someone to join our team and help us out, monthly, but... my financial ability to pay another team-member is very, very limited.

Just remembered: in S' room, at level 8, clicking on Mr. Bun doesn't seem to be working properly. I just get a brief fade to black and then back to the overhead view. Haven't installed 0.8.7 yet but it definitely happened in 0.8.6, and I think it's been that way ever since reaching level 8.
Level 8's room item interactions have not been implemented, yet.
Everything should work properly once we do. (0.8.9)
I don't know if you're already using this method or not, but there is a different way to compress images that can further reduce their file size without noticably impacting the visual quality. You can reduce the number of unique colors used in the image, using a pallette optimizer. It'll analyze the image to figure out where subtle color variations are important to preserve, and where they are not. For example, using your example image here, the painted wall, other than the pixels adjacent to M, the bed, the plant, and the baseboard, could be reduced to a single color without any apparent loss of quality to the image. This is a compression method that's commonly applied to images used on websites to reduce their size, in order to speed up page loading times. It does require the use of a separate utility to operate on the image files after they've been created with your original program, because it's not part of the JPEG compression algorithms, but if this isn't something you're already doing, it might be worth looking into, to see if it can produce a significant reduction in file size while still maintaining the level of quality desired.
As mentioned above, we already compressed our Android build by around 90%.
We pretty much tried anything and compressing it even further down will either cause the images to be blurry, or pixelated.

And, I refuse to do that to something that I pour so much time and passion in, daily.
And, we as a team... refuse to accept anyone else doing that as well to our work.

You can only compress something so far.

PS.
You know that you can edit your previous posts, right? ^^
(Just saying that because moderators usually don't like it when people double/triple post ;) )

3.20 star(s) 107 Votes