VN Ren'Py Completed Sweetest Monster Refrain [v1.0] [ebi-hime]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

CJ_2020

Aug 23, 2020
Oh damn, I didn't realise she made a sequel to "Sweetest Monster"; I mean I thought its ending was... depressing, but I really hope to see more, to see what happened with the relationship between the MC, his wife & his (now forever lost) "daughter".

CJ_2020

Aug 23, 2020
I don't think I've ever played a game where the protagonist was such a miserable, whiny pussy.
I'm reading this RN & I couldn't agree more; this sequel has been... a chore to go through honestly. 90% of the writing is about Robin lamenting himself, saying how pathetic he is & wanting to die, I mean, it's understandable considering the fucked up stuff that happened in the 1st game, but seeing the same pettiness over & over again is tedious, tiring...

Plus, it seems the author tried to "humanise" Bell, by making her have her own friends, telling dumb, funny stories to Sally (which she doesn't really care about), etc. So far, it's been a disappointing sequel, albeit, I think it's like they say "if it's not broken, don't fix it"; that's precisely what happened at the end of the 1st game (the ending was perfect, depressing & fucked up, but basically it had wrapped things up, leaving the rest for the reader's imagination).

Reactions: SymbolicSalad

CJ_2020

Aug 23, 2020
Ok so I'm done reading the novel and... I can't say it was not a disappointment... I already wrote a review for it, but summarised; is it worth reading? No, it's not, it doesn't go anywhere really.

In the 1st game it was quite clear that, no matter what Robin did or thought, the moment he had met Bell (when he tried to "save her" when he was a child), the moment he was doomed. In the sequel this was just reiterated, nothing more...

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes