VN Ren'Py Completed Sweetest Monster Refrain [v1.0] [ebi-hime]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
I feel like Lily being in this kind of just completely ruins it.
The choice not mattering in the game she was originally in was fine and definitely fit, but in here it's definitely a detriment and feels more like the author just doing it so people won't ask for another sequel.

That and Bell was humanized waaay too much

Reactions: MAD6999

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
This is a short story (extremely short), with 1 choice. Screens looked nice, but not worth a download.

xXWolfZz

May 26, 2020
I know the MC is British but him moaning every other sentence isn't a very fun read tbh. I remember liking the first instalment but this felt pointless nothing interesting happens just teased or chickened out of.

ProjectPharaoh

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2019
This is just garbage. Like its supposed to be arousing in some way hence it being on this site but how the fuck can you be aroused when the story is so damn depressing to the point its unbearable? Im not one to judge ppl’s taste but for those of u who actually enjoyed this, i have one question and dont mean anything offensive by it: “what the hell are you smoking?”

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
This is just garbage. Like its supposed to be arousing in some way hence it being on this site but how the fuck can you be aroused when the story is so damn depressing to the point its unbearable? Im not one to judge ppl’s taste but for those of u who actually enjoyed this, i have one question and dont mean anything offensive by it: “what the hell are you smoking?”
It isn't supposed to be arousing in any way, it's a horror VN.

ProjectPharaoh

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2019
It isn't supposed to be arousing in any way, it's a horror VN.
Really? I'm not trying to dis anyone here, but i fail to see how this would be considered as a horror novel due to how depressing the protagonist is, I've gone through depression before and dealt with people who have been through it and I'm gonna be honest with you guys, the level of depressing this novel - or whatever u want to call it - has is honestly, in my opinion, enough to make someone want to kill themselves just from how absolutely negative the mc is. I dont find this to be horror as much as i find this to be just.... Idek, but i can say for someone has dealt with his own depression and other ppl's depression, I've never been so unbelievably uncomfortable in all my life!

Last edited:

ProjectPharaoh

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2019
actually scratch that. Having to edit the above post as many times i had to make it not sound like im being a douche may have won the uncomfortable contest. Like holy shit! I never had to reconsider my words as much as i did just now lol

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
Really? I'm not trying to dis anyone here, but i fail to see how this would be considered as a horror novel due to how depressing the protagonist is, I've gone through depression before and dealt with people who have been through it and I'm gonna be honest with you guys, the level of depressing this novel - or whatever u want to call it - has is honestly, in my opinion, enough to make someone want to kill themselves just from how absolutely negative the mc is. I dont find this to be horror as much as i find this to be just.... Idek, but i can say for someone has dealt with his own depression and other ppl's depression, I've never been so unbelievably uncomfortable in all my life!
Being uncomfortable is part of horror.

ProjectPharaoh

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2019
Well theres a difference between being uncomfortable due to fear and uncomfortable due to annoyance but that’s just me. Honestly what im saying is i would have liked it if it werent for the whole depressing dialogue from the protagonist. Just… the consistent pitty party thing is too much for anything horror. I get it, fear can lead to some sort of depression and what not but this is just too much. Like, way over the top for a horror novel/game

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes