4.10 star(s) 101 Votes

gaka200

Feb 14, 2023
Yeah, very believable if literally every character in the game is involved in making the 'fall' happen! :ROFLMAO:
I mean if you really think about it, that's kind of what happens in a lot of NTRs to begin with. The entire world is against the MC because that's kind of the whole point of the story. On a more technical/nit-picky aspect though, our viewpoint of the whole situation is more bias and omniscient to the whole thing. Like everything going from Kirito and Asuna's current perspectives, the only people seemingly causing Asuna's fall is just Inoda and Liz. Suguha, Alice, Klein, and council's interaction is something the characters have zero clue as to what's going on. And sure it's really "convenient" that everyone acts in a certain way to all coincide with making Asuna fall, but it is what it is.

The thing that can be appreciated is that the idea of Asuna going to the underground was something that was hinted at a long time ago, and it's things like that, that make the writing at least "decent". But don't get me wrong I've already said my peace about how I think the whole secret society/council stuff is probably the worse thing done by Fujino. The game didn't need to go on a much grander/bigger scale. It reminds me of some low quality JRPG storyline.

Reactions: Misarmor

gaka200

Feb 14, 2023
The thing i think people didin't like was the fake Kirito scene as trigger, if you think about it that was unnecessary, the way Inoda manipulate her about her putting to much pressure in Kirito and his performance issues was enough.
It's like Asuna was given by Kirito a reason/excuse to cheat, shifting the blame more or less, if Fujino had left the fake kirito out the fall would be more authentic, she woukd have choose by herself.
The pressure statement from Inoda wouldn't have been enough to convince Asuna. Inoda could have mentioned the small penis, and pressure stuff about Kirito, but Asuna would have probably took that as a sign to talk to Kirito and reconcile their relationship. What's important is that Asuna is distraught and significantly vulnerable by believing that Kirito is banging a girl in the underground. The scene she sees is what makes Inoda's story even more believable to her, and it also makes her less resistant to his advances to get her to the point of having virtual sex. A lot of the virtual sex is Inoda taking advantage of her extremely confused mind/state, and manipulating the kind of conclusion she'll get to from the circumstances surrounding her situation.

But I do understand that people don't like how it gives Asuna a reason/excuse. But honestly if Asuna didn't fall after the end of Part 1 from her sexual compatibility with Inoda, then overall the story would have continued to drag out at this point. It was discussed multiple times that due to how the story is being written that Asuna needs a catalyst to willingly take the plunge considering everything else didn't work so far. But anyways, the reason/excuse that Asuna gets to use is definitely more on the "cliche" side, but as mentioned above, it's the only one that would make sense/work at this point.

A point in favor of the fake Kirito scene is that a lot of how Asuna "falls" is through a lot of manipulated misunderstandings and taking advantage of vulnerable moments. This is one of those moments whether people like the execution or not.

Reactions: Misarmor

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
Let's face it 4 Inoda need all the help he can get and then some, even in Fujino universe that guy never would pull that off without help
That is not true. Think in Part 1 whose help did Inoda have? He planned those thugs to attack Asuna so he can save her and get her into his debt. He stole Kirito's apartment key so Asuna can't go there during Lustful Night. He used his Asuna's sympathy and Kirito not seeing him as threat to get away from his crimes. All his wins were from his efforts alone. Only in Part 2 did he get all the help from Liz, Kyouko, and even divine help from Administrator.

The thing that can be appreciated is that the idea of Asuna going to the underground was something that was hinted at a long time ago, and it's things like that, that make the writing at least "decent". But don't get me wrong I've already said my peace about how I think the whole secret society/council stuff is probably the worse thing done by Fujino. The game didn't need to go on a much grander/bigger scale. It reminds me of some low quality JRPG storyline.
Going to undercity was expected but you have to admit, the timing was too perfect and beyond coincidence. The fact that when Asuna was looking for Kirito in the brothel at the exact moment that Flora and her partner having the item/spell to make her partner look like Kirito was a Administrator perfectly timed event. I admit the event was necessary since without the shock of seeing Kirito with another women Asuna would not have agreed to Inoda's BS reasoning about Kirito's stress but I did not like the circumstances of the event.

gaka200

Feb 14, 2023
Going to undercity was expected but you have to admit, the timing was too perfect and beyond coincidence. The fact that when Asuna was looking for Kirito in the brothel at the exact moment that Flora and her partner having the item/spell to make her partner look like Kirito was a Administrator perfectly timed event. I admit the event was necessary since without the shock of seeing Kirito with another women Asuna would not have agreed to Inoda's BS reasoning about Kirito's stress but I did not like the circumstances of the event.
I will concede that the fake Kirito being too coincidental is probably its biggest flaw since I remember discussing months ago that I think that the whole endgame plan/hint was that Flora was going to take Kirito into her room and either rape him, or do enough suggestive things for Asuna to at least get shocked. It would have made more sense to go this route, considering that Suguha in her Flora persona would be able to get away with it, since Kirito for whatever reason cannot tell it's Leafa at all rofl.

Reactions: kinglionheart

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
I will concede that the fake Kirito being too coincidental is probably its biggest flaw since I remember discussing months ago that I think that the whole endgame plan/hint was that Flora was going to take Kirito into her room and either rape him, or do enough suggestive things for Asuna to at least get shocked. It would have made more sense to go this route, considering that Suguha in her Flora persona would be able to get away with it, since Kirito for whatever reason cannot tell it's Leafa at all rofl.
Seriously the easier and more believable scenario for me would be Kirito coincidentally meets Flora in the brothel. He needs to search her room and she lets him. She uses her freeze ability on Kirito and then does some sexual activity on his frozen body. This is when Asuna sees them. They would be more likely to believe it is Kirito since they know Kirito doesn't move much during sex. :ROFLMAO:

Still some coincidences but a lot more believable.

Infeno2.0

Apr 23, 2017
I think at the moment there is no such thing as a "Happy ending" in this game. No matter how good Kirito's revenge was, no matter how Inoda suffered, we all, as players, know on behalf of Kirito that Asuna has already changed and she already has the mindset of a fallen woman. That is, in the end, the "Happy Ending" is where Kirito stays with the slut Asuna, whom he can no longer trust.

As they say - "Everything will not be the same as before"

You know what kind of ending would be really good. Do you remember, maybe, the secret ending of Far Cry 4? Good ending - Asuna and Kirito pass by Inoda at the beginning of SAO Part 1. And then the credits.
NTR and happy endings is only possible when you can avoid the NTR, but your analogy with Far Cry 4 ending when you do nothing and win is good if Kirito also do nothing and leave all behind.
One big motivator for Inoda is envy and to spite Krito, when you remove kirito from the equation whats left for Inoda 3 crazy sluts and a bunch of kids. Some NTR stories where the MC move on, the slut stays with the bull but soon after he tell her to kick rocks because the thrill is gone and the routine sets in, and she end up miserable, thats is a good ending.

DNATNW

Nov 21, 2017
Calling all bros, I Require someone to give me a big help if possible, I Got to the part of the game where kirito is on the roof with Liz testing the goggles and then my PC Broke, After repairs i really do not want to have to replay a massive chunk on the newest version, anyone got a save at or close to this moment but not after it? Would be much appreciated. SOMEBODY SAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE~

Reactions: d8games

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
I mean if you really think about it, that's kind of what happens in a lot of NTRs to begin with. The entire world is against the MC because that's kind of the whole point of the story. On a more technical/nit-picky aspect though, our viewpoint of the whole situation is more bias and omniscient to the whole thing. Like everything going from Kirito and Asuna's current perspectives, the only people seemingly causing Asuna's fall is just Inoda and Liz. Suguha, Alice, Klein, and council's interaction is something the characters have zero clue as to what's going on. And sure it's really "convenient" that everyone acts in a certain way to all coincide with making Asuna fall, but it is what it is.

A golden rule of storytelling: if you can achieve the same result without using 10 characters, then don't use them :LOL: tbh, idk why he changed that, it worked just fine in part one, simple and effective

Infeno2.0

Apr 23, 2017
That is not true. Think in Part 1 whose help did Inoda have? He planned those thugs to attack Asuna so he can save her and get her into his debt. He stole Kirito's apartment key so Asuna can't go there during Lustful Night. He used his Asuna's sympathy and Kirito not seeing him as threat to get away from his crimes. All his wins were from his efforts alone. Only in Part 2 did he get all the help from Liz, Kyouko, and even divine help from Administrator.
I agree part 1 he did everything by himself, but this actual Inoda version was lobotomize by Fujino in order for the other characters he push into the story had something to do, this Inoda version need all the help he can get or what the plot demand.

gaka200

Feb 14, 2023
A golden rule of storytelling: if you can achieve the same result without using 10 characters, then don't use them :LOL: tbh, idk why he changed that, it worked just fine in part one, simple and effective
My only guess is that Fujino doesn't know how to distract Kirito anymore, so he made up a grand quest to keep Kirito away from Asuna and Inoda.

Reactions: 4-kun

gaka200

Feb 14, 2023
Seriously the easier and more believable scenario for me would be Kirito coincidentally meets Flora in the brothel. He needs to search her room and she lets him. She uses her freeze ability on Kirito and then does some sexual activity on his frozen body. This is when Asuna sees them. They would be more likely to believe it is Kirito since they know Kirito doesn't move much during sex. :ROFLMAO:

Everything is technically a coincidence if you twist it or look too deep into it. But what makes your Flora one better or more believable is that all the knowledge for that event to happen was established earlier in the story. It makes this interaction between Kirito and Flora sound like the most reasonable conclusion based off previous events. And the build up of getting Asuna into the undercity has also been building up for this exact moment. So when both sides collide, we get Asuna taking the virtual plunge herself due to her misunderstanding of the situation.

mos555

May 22, 2021
NTR and happy endings is only possible when you can avoid the NTR, but your analogy with Far Cry 4 ending when you do nothing and win is good if Kirito also do nothing and leave all behind.
One big motivator for Inoda is envy and to spite Krito, when you remove kirito from the equation whats left for Inoda 3 crazy sluts and a bunch of kids. Some NTR stories where the MC move on, the slut stays with the bull but soon after he tell her to kick rocks because the thrill is gone and the routine sets in, and she end up miserable, thats is a good ending.
Usually this routine is not shown to us... I'm not an expert in NTR, but I wonder why the authors do such plot moves at all, as Fujino did in the last update. This is a rather cliched move - the erroneous detection of a partner's infidelity and revenge in response, but why are the authors trying to justify the character who is cheating in this way?

Fujino tells us that Asuna already has a history of cheating with Oberon. Then we are shown Asuna having bad sex with Kirito. Plus, we are told that Kirito cum quickly and little. We know it's because of Suguha, but Asuna may well have misunderstood Kirito's problems, think about illness, or something similar. At this point, it would be quite possible to make a smooth transition to accepting virtual sex with Inoda. The transition is based on the usual bodily desire and comparison - sex with Inoda > sex with Kirito. Just for the fun of it. But for some reason, Fujino preferred shock therapy, meanwhile, giving a moral justification to Asuna. . Kinglionheart is right. I don't understand this move either.

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018

That's what I was thinking the Moment Insaw the scene. Also, with her time-stop ability, you could even explain why he was away for so long. The only thing that didn't fit was him talking during the scene. :LOL:

Infeno2.0

Apr 23, 2017
The pressure statement from Inoda wouldn't have been enough to convince Asuna. Inoda could have mentioned the small penis, and pressure stuff about Kirito, but Asuna would have probably took that as a sign to talk to Kirito and reconcile their relationship. What's important is that Asuna is distraught and significantly vulnerable by believing that Kirito is banging a girl in the underground. The scene she sees is what makes Inoda's story even more believable to her, and it also makes her less resistant to his advances to get her to the point of having virtual sex. A lot of the virtual sex is Inoda taking advantage of her extremely confused mind/state, and manipulating the kind of conclusion she'll get to from the circumstances surrounding her situation.

But I do understand that people don't like how it gives Asuna a reason/excuse. But honestly if Asuna didn't fall after the end of Part 1 from her sexual compatibility with Inoda, then overall the story would have continued to drag out at this point. It was discussed multiple times that due to how the story is being written that Asuna needs a catalyst to willingly take the plunge considering everything else didn't work so far. But anyways, the reason/excuse that Asuna gets to use is definitely more on the "cliche" side, but as mentioned above, it's the only one that would make sense/work at this point.

A point in favor of the fake Kirito scene is that a lot of how Asuna "falls" is through a lot of manipulated misunderstandings and taking advantage of vulnerable moments. This is one of those moments whether people like the execution or not.
The problem with that is simple, like King and 4 already said, plot device/convinience they need to be used in small doses otherwise you break the suspension of disbelief from the reader/player.
I agree with you the way Fujino portrait Asuna is a hypocrate character who need excuses for everything that means she has no agency, but in that moment if she had choose by herself the impact would be bigger, but you're right Fujno did that to stop dragging even more the plot.

mos555

May 22, 2021
The pregnancy system in FOG was mentioned when will it be implemented? I want to see the new Yui
UP is kirito + asuna
Down inoda + asuna xd

View attachment 4157891
Yes, Liz mentions it, but it is unclear whether it has already been introduced, or it was just introduced after the recent shutdown of FOG. So maybe having sex in a hotel will lead to pregnancy. And there is unlikely to be a normal pregnancy in the virtual world. Most likely - "Attention!"You are pregnant! Select the child's gender and name. Click to confirm." And Kirito may remember that he didn't have sex with Asuna in the game after the update. This is going to be a surprise.

gaka200

Feb 14, 2023
The problem with that is simple, like King and 4 already said, plot device/convinience they need to be used in small doses otherwise you break the suspension of disbelief from the reader/player.
I agree with you the way Fujino portrait Asuna is a hypocrate character who need excuses for everything that means she has no agency, but in that moment if she had choose by herself the impact would be bigger, but you're right Fujno did that to stop dragging even more the plot.
Don't forget that King also acknowledged that the event needed to happen. The only coincidental thing that was bad was it being a fake Kirito. Other than that, the entire situation needed to be what it was.

Infeno2.0

Apr 23, 2017
Don't forget that King also acknowledged that the event needed to happen. The only coincidental thing that was bad was it being a fake Kirito. Other than that, the entire situation needed to be what it was.
Which is a plot convinience, the plot device was the "blond girl" situation ages ago, making Asuna go to the UC in the first place instead of seeing the Fake Kirito, Asuna could had follow him getting in the Brothel with Alice and see her working as prostitute plus Kirito telling her everytime they were togheter in a mission, would be enough for Inoda manipulation work.

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
The only reason I can think of why Fujino made so many unnecessary steps is to showcase the possibilities of the council and Suguha's connection to them. Maybe it's another setup for later. Since she can seemingly trade cheaters' skills and broken items from them, I can imagine some interesting situations being created in the future. :p

Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius
4.10 star(s) 101 Votes