4.50 star(s) 33 Votes

Drill Sergeant

May 9, 2019
I'm having the same problem, the compressed version is broken and the links for the full game suck dick.
Yup same problem. I thought my version had some problem. ( Downloaded the compressed version). The game starts with an error follows with an error into errorverse. My weirdly gets all the texts translated into french or Italian, i donno but it is not English. The compressed is a bugfest no offense.

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Wtf I can't run both the compressed and non-compressed version.

Error:

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 233, in script call
call _splashscreen from _call_splashscreen_1
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 233, in script call
call _splashscreen from _call_splashscreen_1
File "game/script.rpy", line 386, in <module>
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

Anand27

Jan 16, 2018
I'm having the same problem, the compressed version is broken and the links for the full game suck dick.
i downloaded the full version and tbh still errors at the beginning xD
so yea its kinda messed i think

roysexaddict88

Mar 15, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script_prologue.rpy", line 97, in <module>
NameError: name 'mwSoundDir' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script_prologue.rpyc", line 97, in script
  File "D:\downloads\yahoo\games\Sylvia-July-Build\Sylvia_MB_202007-pc\Sylvia_MB_202007-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\downloads\yahoo\games\Sylvia-July-Build\Sylvia_MB_202007-pc\Sylvia_MB_202007-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script_prologue.rpy", line 97, in <module>
NameError: name 'mwSoundDir' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sylvia 2020-07 2020-07
Thu Aug 13 04:15:29 2020
when i start my game im already getting this and i downloaded the normal file my first time playing so no cheats what so ever...
can someone help me
same problem here

roysexaddict88

Mar 15, 2020
GOT IT WORKING !

I found a workaround:

Download uncompressed version
Extract all files from the zip file
Find and delete all files called persistent
There is one here :
C:\Users\(YOUR_USERNAME)\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\sylviabeta3c

There is another one here
C:\(GAME_FOLDER)\Sylvia_MB_202007F-pc\game\saves

Start the game and select a language (I only tested English)

The game works fine, no weird french and no error message.
thank you bro! works perfectly..

Reactions: iwgan

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
Is it just me or is the Gallery still stuck at Page 6 despite there being much more content since that page was actually the max?

despot444

Mar 10, 2018

This is for voice actress. I'm surprised.

Edit; Beauty is beauty. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degree is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one girl and another… I’d rather not choose at all.

My character stayed in come so he could have a harem.

Last edited:

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
the drawn style is solid and quite nice - i like the brown haired girl and her curves, tasteful body, and i am normally no big fan of 2D games, but i REALLY hoped i can play the girl in some cruel world filled with creeps and not a handsome boy again... sigh.... sad

parachina

Oct 3, 2017
Here are the files I used.
I tested on a new computer, and it works without the workaround I described before.
This proves the compressed version screwed up something!

Download those files and avoid the translated/compressed stuff!

PC:

Android: *

Both are Special Editions from 2020-07
Can anyone confirm if this is fine? Kinda skeptical of a guy that literally just created an account linking some files like that

sq199

Oct 22, 2018
To everyone who is experiencing the error when the game starts or when you click play,
You can press ignore when the error log is displayed to get into the game. After that you can go to preferences, decrease all the volumes present under audio(music, voice and sfx) and finally go to select language(english or french whatever you want to keep) then press ok. This seemed to work for me. I know this is a temporary fix as some people want to enjoy the game with the audio. From the error log, the main issue seemed to be the lack of command to either access audio or load it which leads to the crash.

sq199

Oct 22, 2018
What version did you use?
You get the error because you either used the compressed or translated version and it screwed audio files and variables.

To fix your game after using the bad versions (with all audio and a permanent fix!)
1.Download uncompressed version from my post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/sylvia-2020-07-manorstories.5856/page-39#post-4011811

2. Extract all files from the zip file in a separate folder

3. Find and delete a file called persistent before running the game
- It's here :
C:\Users\(YOUR_USERNAME)\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\sylviabeta3c

4. Start the game and select a language.

NOTE:
You don't need to delete the persistent file (step 3) if you never used the compressed or translated versions
I was using the compressed version for the latest update.

Sc4r1etz

Sep 28, 2019
i need sylvia route save files(sex scene) i thought i could rewatch the animation and listen to her voice in gallery menu...

Jul 22, 2017
The proposed links in ops are confusing and compressed versions are corrupted: I pledged the game's patreon page to get clean files.
I created a separate account because I don't want to get troubles sharing files as I support this dev and others on patreon.
My regular nickname here is the same as my patreon 'cause I'm dumb!
could you get mac version please?

Reactions: Xtmr61

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Sylvia [2020-08] ManorStories

Original Size: 1.27 GB

Compressed Size: 202 MB

Win/Linux:

This version is UNOFFICIAL. Compression reduces image/sound/video/animation quality and can cause the game to break, download at your own risk!

Hey DarkWolf2055 here's a Compressed Version.

4.50 star(s) 33 Votes