• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Basilicata

Radioactive Member
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Got errors for the last 2 rolls at the end, i don't know if because of that i've missed to see more scenes at the end of those rolls... I don't know how to trigger bj form Amber that i saw in img folder and same for Mercedes doggy. For Amber i got a scene where she punish MJ but no bj after that, i got bj from Mercedes in one of the first versions but no doggy, i don't know if that scene depends on accepting or refusing her offer to sell model to her agency, i though that maybe refusing offer would result in better one with doggy but i'm not sure. Maybe i would trigger those scenes if not for errors on last 2 rolls.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Those errors you mention, are gamecrushing bugs? Is it possible you're playing from a very old save?

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Those errors you mention, are gamecrushing bugs? Is it possible you're playing from a very old save?
I was using the same saves i played previous versions with, i don't remember having any issues then. So if i triggered bj i should also trigger doggy later? It's probably save issue , but honestly reloading from something older would be too much of a hassle because of all rng involved to trigger the scenes i want, so i would have to reload multiple times again so dice would land on the field necessary to progress the characters i want.

Basilicata I'll put traceback file in case you can recognize errors and maybe find solution, i loaded save before Vixen visit, still the same errors, i don't know if they are preventing me from triggering those scenes i mentioned because i have requirements for them to trigger:

Last edited:
Reactions: Basilicata

Basilicata

Radioactive Member
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I was using the same saves i played previous versions with, i don't remember having any issues then. So if i triggered bj i should also trigger doggy later? It's probably save issue , but honestly reloading from something older would be too much of a hassle because of all rng involved to trigger the scenes i want, so i would have to reload multiple times again so dice would land on the field necessary to progress the characters i want.

Basilicata I'll put traceback file in case you can recognize errors and maybe find solution, i loaded save before Vixen visit, still the same errors, i don't know if they are preventing me from triggering those scenes i mentioned because i have requirements for them to trigger:
Yes, thanks. It's definitely the save. I've added $ mjcorruption61 to 100 about 6 months ago.
This is a common problem. We have to add variables as we go. So, very old saves can't work forever.

Bagley

Jan 22, 2018
Yay, one of my favourite games is back with an update! MJ is totally adorable.

Basilicata, this may have been asked before, but are you planning to bring this to Steam at some point? I'm going to buy this on Itch anyway as I've had issues with Patreon in the past so avoid it, and this game deserves tons of support, it's awesome.

• Red Heart

Basilicata

Radioactive Member
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Yay, one of my favourite games is back with an update! MJ is totally adorable.

Basilicata, this may have been asked before, but are you planning to bring this to Steam at some point? I'm going to buy this on Itch anyway as I've had issues with Patreon in the past so avoid it, and this game deserves tons of support, it's awesome.
I can't bring Goss_IP to Steam because of the school setting and atm I can't bring TTBS to Steam because of references and images of real people and facts of 1999. Maybe if I do some changes but tbh I don't want to change anything and it's a pity because Steam, money wise is on a whole other level.
Thank you tho.

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
Yes, thanks. It's definitely the save. I've added $ mjcorruption61 to 100 about 6 months ago.
This is a common problem. We have to add variables as we go. So, very old saves can't work forever.
So there's no solution other than to start new game?

Mar 3, 2022
Gutted to hear old saves get broke. Cannot be arsed with this restart shit time and time again on every fucking game. This like many has potential but I'll keep an eye out for when its been completed.

Basilicata

Radioactive Member
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Gutted to hear old saves get broke. Cannot be arsed with this restart shit time and time again on every fucking game. This like many has potential but I'll keep an eye out for when its been completed.
This is a common problem, since this one and hundreds of others are still under development.

-Okay, then why go through this trouble and not just wait and play finished games?

-The answer is the reason why do developers give their games for free? To get feedback and improve the game. Something that can't be done once the game is complete.
Okay, there are other reasons as exposure, support and piracy but the feedback for me is more important. This is why, devs like myself who make peanuts, keep on working on their game. It's not money: No matter how good updates are, a 150$/month cannot become 2000$.

There are many ways to help a project if you like it: Money, comments and reviews (even negative ones as long as they are constructive) and generally feedback. Applause and cheers worth more during the race, not after the finish line.

Anyway, for now you can use the bugfix. https://f95zone.to/threads/tabletop-bornstar-v0-42-basilicata.75111/post-9710056
Just replace the script.rpy. Have fun.

Last edited:

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
I've got the same bugs (I think) but they resolve themselves by choosing the "ignore" function. No biggie. Plan to try the bugfixes later, when a compressed version is available, or a new release with it included is released.
So far it's a great story that I'm enjoying. Tended to shy away from drawn art games before, that's my loss.
One note: MJ is a hottie... more MJ art would be a nice addition going forward ;) just to prevent the game from getting stale.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

tasta13

Apr 7, 2020
Ok, I finally got around to playing it, and it was cool. I do have some things to criticize; I hope not to discourage you but help improve if possible.

First of all, the board game is just dragging the game back. I like the idea of how it works to move the story forward, and it kinda works, BUT just because something can work, it doesn't mean it is ideal.

I can imagine that if you removed the board game, you could have easily made the same game with just a story and not lost any fun at all.

I am not saying you should ditch it. If I understood your long-term plan correctly, the bigger picture is that the story will be going in different directions depending on what's going on the board, and it sounds like an interesting idea. But in that case, you have to make the board game an enjoyable game by itself.

Right now, it isn't - it is just the "chore".

Its first big problem is that it is very easy to realize that you just have to visit everything - provided you have enough money. There is little choice there other than basic gold management (which I am sure everyone is capable of).

You should add other things to do with gold too. Perhaps buy temporary stat multipliers or gifts for your "teachers" (maybe to increase their affection?). For example, you could buy a card that gives you a bonus on X stat that will be used on a specific audition. Why not even buy the audition cards too?

The second thing is that it is also very obvious that you just have to raise your stats, and it is pretty easy to do so too. And even if it were harder, it would just be "raising your stats." Is there a cap? Or is it just an endless - thus pointless - grind? It wasn't tiring for the current content, but I can't see where this goes if they keep going up linearly.

I'd swap the stats to spendable/reducible things, for example, gold - connections/favors - fame (that would also decrease over time). "Looks" plays the role of "endurance," so I guess you could keep it (but there needs to be some negative for not having it - and you should rely on strategic thought to keep it up rather than just landing on the right square).

The point of them being reducible is that you can create a system where the player gets to spend those resources to buy auditions, audition opportunities, training sessions, or other things. Maybe sth to modify your models' attitude too?

I'd keep the model ability scores dependent but separate from the board game, as, from my understanding, you want them to go up as the story progresses. (And it makes sense too).

You could also do something entirely different, the point is that you want the player to have fun because of the lewds *and* the board game, not have fun *despite* the board game.

Anyway, if you want, I could discuss more ideas with you, but I already feel like I am talking too much, and I think you can understand what I mean.

That being said, I really liked the story so far. It is realistic, and cliche-looking but also not really predictable.

• Red Heart

Basilicata

Radioactive Member
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Ok, I finally got around to playing it, and it was cool. I do have some things to criticize; I hope not to discourage you but help improve if possible.

First of all, the board game is just dragging the game back. I like the idea of how it works to move the story forward, and it kinda works, BUT just because something can work, it doesn't mean it is ideal.

I can imagine that if you removed the board game, you could have easily made the same game with just a story and not lost any fun at all.

I am not saying you should ditch it. If I understood your long-term plan correctly, the bigger picture is that the story will be going in different directions depending on what's going on the board, and it sounds like an interesting idea. But in that case, you have to make the board game an enjoyable game by itself.

Right now, it isn't - it is just the "chore".

Its first big problem is that it is very easy to realize that you just have to visit everything - provided you have enough money. There is little choice there other than basic gold management (which I am sure everyone is capable of).

You should add other things to do with gold too. Perhaps buy temporary stat multipliers or gifts for your "teachers" (maybe to increase their affection?). For example, you could buy a card that gives you a bonus on X stat that will be used on a specific audition. Why not even buy the audition cards too?

The second thing is that it is also very obvious that you just have to raise your stats, and it is pretty easy to do so too. And even if it were harder, it would just be "raising your stats." Is there a cap? Or is it just an endless - thus pointless - grind? It wasn't tiring for the current content, but I can't see where this goes if they keep going up linearly.

I'd swap the stats to spendable/reducible things, for example, gold - connections/favors - fame (that would also decrease over time). "Looks" plays the role of "endurance," so I guess you could keep it (but there needs to be some negative for not having it - and you should rely on strategic thought to keep it up rather than just landing on the right square).

The point of them being reducible is that you can create a system where the player gets to spend those resources to buy auditions, audition opportunities, training sessions, or other things. Maybe sth to modify your models' attitude too?

I'd keep the model ability scores dependent but separate from the board game, as, from my understanding, you want them to go up as the story progresses. (And it makes sense too).

You could also do something entirely different, the point is that you want the player to have fun because of the lewds *and* the board game, not have fun *despite* the board game.

Anyway, if you want, I could discuss more ideas with you, but I already feel like I am talking too much, and I think you can understand what I mean.

That being said, I really liked the story so far. It is realistic, and cliche-looking but also not really predictable.
Thanks for the feedback, man. Taking the time to write suggestions and likes and dislikes is worth gold for me.
I understand the tabletop factor. It's a chore, it's grind but it's for MJ's education. Sometime in the near future (probably round 100) the tabletop part ends.

MJ will be ready to spread her wings and depending on her numbers, meetings and story so far she will have to follow a path. Her story will continue (and end) without the need of rolling a die. Just story, dilemmas etc.

The tabletop part is for preparing her for her future career. Once that career is chosen, the preparation is obsolete.

tasta13

Apr 7, 2020
Thanks for the feedback, man. Taking the time to write suggestions and likes and dislikes is worth gold for me.
I understand the tabletop factor. It's a chore, it's grind but it's for MJ's education. Sometime in the near future (probably round 100) the tabletop part ends.

MJ will be ready to spread her wings and depending on her numbers, meetings and story so far she will have to follow a path. Her story will continue (and end) without the need of rolling a die. Just story, dilemmas etc.

The tabletop part is for preparing her for her future career. Once that career is chosen, the preparation is obsolete.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, I just don't love it either.

Perhaps your solution is the right one at this point... after all, if we consider more important the lewd part, it is better to "cut your losses" on the minigame and focus more on the lewds.

• Red Heart

junoj

Aug 3, 2018
This is a great game. I am really digging the writing and art. It's like GGGB guided by a male protagonist -- and as someone who generally can't vibe with playing female protagonist games, this is right up my alley. I played an early version of this, and the tabletop component did throw me off a bit, in how much importance, or lack thereof, I needed to place on the boardgame itself, and I recall I wasn't enthusiastic about the game initially... mainly due to a lack of patience I think. After playing through this recent, more developed version, however, the balance of the boardgame and the narrative came together much easier for me, and I very much appreciate the original storytelling mechanics. The cutscenes are the meat of this, and I think they're beautifully done -- believable and sexy af. Thanks for sharing this with us, and I look forward to more.

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Game is pretty good, the tabletop gameplay is unusual and a bit grindy if you wanna get better results from each day but I'm getting used to it. I think I ran into a bug or missed something, during the drama classes the teacher said MJ was going to be the lead (Sapho) in the play, but when the story segments about the play started she was stuck playing the nymph, did I mess up the event chain somewhere?

4.50 star(s) 45 Votes